Sponsored by

Dynavap VGoodiez 420EDC Dispensr
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Nerd Culture - Comics & Films & Games & Cosplay & Collectibles & All Things Camp!

EveryDayAmnesiac

Let's go prune some power lines.
There isn't a movie made of an early Stephen King novel that is as good as the book. But then he started writing for 'screenplay' and, imo, his writing suffered for it.

Hmm. I don't know. Carrie and The Shining and The Dead Zone and Christine and The Running Man are pretty good movies ...

And don't forget Cujo. :dog:

I think you could do more with those early King books than any screenwriter could. :biggrin:

So you're saying I'm NOT a screenwriter? Don't you know you should never kick a manchild when he's down? Or a bear?

:lol: What a fucking idiot that guy was ...

ataxian

In a BLACK HOLE!
There isn't a movie made of an early Stephen King novel that is as good as the book. But then he started writing for 'screenplay' and, imo, his writing suffered for it.

Have you read The Stand? You have a great imagination and I think you could do more with those early King books than any screenwriter could. :biggrin:
My daughter who is in her 3rd year of UNIVERSITY swears by STEVEN KING novel’s.
Film and non-fiction R my device’s however I watch fiction 2 get connected!
Non-fiction while CIVILIZED is awesome while vaping CANNABIS?

Last edited:

Tincandtoke

Denny Crane!
IMG_20210721_215319.jpg

Didn't he retire 10 years ago?
Writing
One of the hardest things to do

EveryDayAmnesiac

Let's go prune some power lines.
Night Gallery, Night Gallery, Night Gallery.

Now, while, unfortunately, the scariest thing about this show might be Rod Serling's hair - he looks like the host organism of an extraterrestrial space wig - it was still a great show. Occasionally.

The Caterpillar? Silent Snow, Secret Snow? The Different Ones?

One could put that right up with with the best of The Twilight Zone or The X-Files or The Outer Limits or Twin Peaks.

When it comes down to it, I think Night Gallery is not taken seriously because of 70's hair - to be fair, it was horrific.

Great show, though. And The Complete Series DVD Boxset features multiple commentaries by Guillermo del Toro - the world's greatest living director. :nod:

Still - I'd rather watch The Twilight Zone.

So when I gather enough money for a new Twilight Zone anthology movie ...

Del Toro will direct a remake of To Serve Man. And the Coens will do Nightmare at 20,000 Feet.

Any other suggestions?

ataxian

In a BLACK HOLE!
Night Gallery, Night Gallery, Night Gallery.

Now, while, unfortunately, the scariest thing about this show might be Rod Serling's hair - he looks like the host organism of an extraterrestrial space wig - it was still a great show. Occasionally.

The Caterpillar? Silent Snow, Secret Snow? The Different Ones?

One could put that right up with with the best of The Twilight Zone or The X-Files or The Outer Limits or Twin Peaks.

When it comes down to it, I think Night Gallery is not taken seriously because of 70's hair - to be fair, it was horrific.

Great show, though. And The Complete Series DVD Boxset features multiple commentaries by Guillermo del Toro - the world's greatest living director. :nod:

Still - I'd rather watch The Twilight Zone.

So when I gather enough money for a new Twilight Zone anthology movie ...

Del Toro will direct a remake of To Serve Man. And the Coens will do Nightmare at 20,000 Feet.

Any other suggestions?
I’m most likely out of fashion?
MARIJUANA LIDS of Weed from far away locations on this PALE BLUE PLANET some of it’s CITIZENS dwell in a corner of space?
I’m a nerd by most bipedal human’s?
R COLAS considered cost prohibitive?
COLAS of CANNABIS were awesome once?

CarolKing

Always in search of the perfect vaporizer
STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES

For Autistic People, Star Trek Can be a Lens Into the World​

Star Trek isn't just a fandom or a special interest, but a framework to view our society.​

BY
HALEY MOSS

/

APRIL 2, 2020 5:00 AM PDT

Spock and Autism

StarTrek.com
Autistic people are known for their hyper-focused, passionate knowledge of the subjects and ideas that fascinate us most. While a neurotypical person might consider themselves a fan, or someone who simply enjoys a hobby, television show, or fictional universe, an autistic person might see it as a way to communicate, make friends and join communities of like-minded folks, find employment, or understand the world around them. Star Trek cemented its place in autistic culture; whether it’s identifying with characters that might also be autistic, engaging within a specific subset of the fan community, or organizing after a Twitter disagreement with a certain captain over their beliefs about autism. More importantly, for autistic fans, Star Trek is one of many ways we are able to make sense of the neurotypical world around us.

Admittedly, I am not an avid Star Trek fan, let alone an autistic person who considered it one of my special interests. My earliest exposures to the franchise came from my dad, who grew up with the original series. The series would resurface when other my fellow autistic friends recounted tales of feeling seen or identifying with the unique communication styles within the different series. While not a diehard viewer, Star Trek’s cultural significance meant that I immediately connected to the starship Enterprise and a world beyond our home planet where people like me were accepted without question. While that touchstone sat well with me, it meant much more to the autistic community members who saw their experiences and lives embodied in the Star Trek universe and used the show as their map of the galaxy.

Sponsored by

Dynavap VGoodiez 420EDC Dispensr