Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Nerd Culture - Comics & Films & Games & Cosplay & Collectibles & All Things Camp!

There isn't a movie made of an early Stephen King novel that is as good as the book. But then he started writing for 'screenplay' and, imo, his writing suffered for it.

Hmm. I don't know. Carrie and The Shining and The Dead Zone and Christine and The Running Man are pretty good movies ...

And don't forget Cujo. :dog:

I think you could do more with those early King books than any screenwriter could. :biggrin:

So you're saying I'm NOT a screenwriter? Don't you know you should never kick a manchild when he's down? Or a bear?

:lol: What a fucking idiot that guy was ...

There isn't a movie made of an early Stephen King novel that is as good as the book. But then he started writing for 'screenplay' and, imo, his writing suffered for it.

Have you read The Stand? You have a great imagination and I think you could do more with those early King books than any screenwriter could. :biggrin:
My daughter who is in her 3rd year of UNIVERSITY swears by STEVEN KING novel’s.
Film and non-fiction R my device’s however I watch fiction 2 get connected!
Non-fiction while CIVILIZED is awesome while vaping CANNABIS?

Last edited:
IMG_20210721_215319.jpg

Didn't he retire 10 years ago?
Writing
One of the hardest things to do

Night Gallery, Night Gallery, Night Gallery.

Now, while, unfortunately, the scariest thing about this show might be Rod Serling's hair - he looks like the host organism of an extraterrestrial space wig - it was still a great show. Occasionally.

The Caterpillar? Silent Snow, Secret Snow? The Different Ones?

One could put that right up with with the best of The Twilight Zone or The X-Files or The Outer Limits or Twin Peaks.

When it comes down to it, I think Night Gallery is not taken seriously because of 70's hair - to be fair, it was horrific.

Great show, though. And The Complete Series DVD Boxset features multiple commentaries by Guillermo del Toro - the world's greatest living director. :nod:

Still - I'd rather watch The Twilight Zone.

So when I gather enough money for a new Twilight Zone anthology movie ...

Del Toro will direct a remake of To Serve Man. And the Coens will do Nightmare at 20,000 Feet.

Any other suggestions?

Night Gallery, Night Gallery, Night Gallery.

Now, while, unfortunately, the scariest thing about this show might be Rod Serling's hair - he looks like the host organism of an extraterrestrial space wig - it was still a great show. Occasionally.

The Caterpillar? Silent Snow, Secret Snow? The Different Ones?

One could put that right up with with the best of The Twilight Zone or The X-Files or The Outer Limits or Twin Peaks.

When it comes down to it, I think Night Gallery is not taken seriously because of 70's hair - to be fair, it was horrific.

Great show, though. And The Complete Series DVD Boxset features multiple commentaries by Guillermo del Toro - the world's greatest living director. :nod:

Still - I'd rather watch The Twilight Zone.

So when I gather enough money for a new Twilight Zone anthology movie ...

Del Toro will direct a remake of To Serve Man. And the Coens will do Nightmare at 20,000 Feet.

Any other suggestions?
I’m most likely out of fashion?
MARIJUANA LIDS of Weed from far away locations on this PALE BLUE PLANET some of it’s CITIZENS dwell in a corner of space?
I’m a nerd by most bipedal human’s?
R COLAS considered cost prohibitive?
COLAS of CANNABIS were awesome once?

STAR TREK: THE ORIGINAL SERIES

For Autistic People, Star Trek Can be a Lens Into the World​

Star Trek isn't just a fandom or a special interest, but a framework to view our society.​

BY
HALEY MOSS

/

APRIL 2, 2020 5:00 AM PDT

Spock and Autism

StarTrek.com
Autistic people are known for their hyper-focused, passionate knowledge of the subjects and ideas that fascinate us most. While a neurotypical person might consider themselves a fan, or someone who simply enjoys a hobby, television show, or fictional universe, an autistic person might see it as a way to communicate, make friends and join communities of like-minded folks, find employment, or understand the world around them. Star Trek cemented its place in autistic culture; whether it’s identifying with characters that might also be autistic, engaging within a specific subset of the fan community, or organizing after a Twitter disagreement with a certain captain over their beliefs about autism. More importantly, for autistic fans, Star Trek is one of many ways we are able to make sense of the neurotypical world around us.

Admittedly, I am not an avid Star Trek fan, let alone an autistic person who considered it one of my special interests. My earliest exposures to the franchise came from my dad, who grew up with the original series. The series would resurface when other my fellow autistic friends recounted tales of feeling seen or identifying with the unique communication styles within the different series. While not a diehard viewer, Star Trek’s cultural significance meant that I immediately connected to the starship Enterprise and a world beyond our home planet where people like me were accepted without question. While that touchstone sat well with me, it meant much more to the autistic community members who saw their experiences and lives embodied in the Star Trek universe and used the show as their map of the galaxy.

IMG_20210809_185334.jpg

Army of the Dead board game on the left and Evil Dead ll tin with a pretty cool DVD
Some funny extras, the commentary is funny
I love this movie series
We opened and assembled the game and played
Like a cross between risk and dungeons and dragons

I'm playing the newish Tomb Raider trilogy currently. Great series back in the 90's & now.

I also have a huge transformers tattoo on my leg. The OG 84 Decepticons of course.

20210810_133933.jpg

I'm playing the newish Tomb Raider trilogy currently. Great series back in the 90's & now.

I also have a huge transformers tattoo on my leg. The OG 84 Decepticons of course.

View attachment 29370

My optimus prime had a car carrier as its trailer
Gave them away
They were the first of a lifetime of gag gifts
Eventually I kept the gag gifts and coupled with my own collecting it went overboard
Got rid of half the stuff when I moved

So, it's been decided, by me, that lady friend is not well read enough.

Sure, she reads her comics - how she loves her Harley Quinn. She's as obsessed with Harley as I am with Joker. Kinda' works.

In fact, when it comes to modern comics, I don't question her knowledge. I'm more of a late 60s to mid 90s guy when it comes to comics.

But I've been on her about reading real books. Like books. Like actual books. Book Books.

She says she gets bored with books. And then she says, "Okay, like, I want to read a long story that's like Lord of the Rings. But more like Game of Thrones. But like, in outer space."

I knew exactly where to go.

Frank Herbert's Dune series.

She's currently on book one and REFUSES to be interrupted.

I'm afraid to tell her I'm making vegetarian reuben sandwiches with extra mushrooms and baked fries and coleslaw plus white wine.

Know what I get on her cooking nights? Pizza delivered. :disgust:

Sure, she reads her comics - how she loves her Harley Quinn. She's as obsessed with Harley as I am with Joker. Kinda' works.

In fact, when it comes to modern comics, I don't question her knowledge. I'm more of a late 60s to mid 90s guy when it comes to comics.

But I've been on her about reading real books. Like books. Like actual books. Book Books.

She says she gets bored with books. And then she says, "Okay, like, I want to read a long story that's like Lord of the Rings. But more like Game of Thrones. But like, in outer space."

I'm afraid to tell her I'm making vegetarian reuben sandwiches with extra mushrooms and baked fries and coleslaw plus white wine.

Recommended reading - Post Office by Charles Bukowski . Something there for everyone :biggrin:

Sam Adams: is a decent science fiction writer I follow? ( my daughter got me hooked)!

She needs to try Sandman and Hellblazer as well as the mini series Death: The High Cost of Living

Vegetarian Reuben?!!!!
Lean corned beef with Swiss cheese sauerkraut and thousand island dressing on marble rye next to a Dr. Brown's Cel-ray soda, that's a Reuben and heart attack

Vegetarian Reuben?!!!!
Lean corned beef with Swiss cheese sauerkraut and thousand island dressing on marble rye next to a Dr. Brown's Cel-ray soda, that's a Reuben and heart attack

Yeah. Lady friend is in her early 20s and is going through a phase. But really, replacing the corned beef with red bell peppers and mushroonms and onions still tastes pretty damn good. Especially on some dark pumpernickel bread and homemade 1000 dressing ... which is basically my version of Russian dressing.

Now if she goes vegan, then we're going to have some problems. But considering the way she chomps down ice cream from across the street every time we stop by the Post Office, I don't anticipate that will be a problem. Three fucking scoops every time.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back