Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Nerd Culture - Comics & Films & Games & Cosplay & Collectibles & All Things Camp!

Well ol' EDA was an awesome boyfriend today. And made a friend in the process.

So lady friend wants ice cream AGAIN. And yeah, it's great ice cream made fresh regularly and if you have half a brain cell still firing you can taste the difference. But she wants it every damn day. Always gets the strawberry.

"Why don't you try a different flavor today?"

"I don't want a different flavor. I want strawberry."

Sigh. Whatever.

So we're sitting next to this group of nerds - 4 girls and one guy. And I don't care that they were nerds as I'm a nerd myself but I don't look like one. I look like a dude who's been living out in the woods foraging for magic mushrooms for the past 5 years. The sunglasses help too.

This ... was a group of nerds. And they were clearly comfortable with that. So lady friend goes over to the table and she has this ability to make nearly everyone want to be friends with her. After maybe a minute they're all giggling together and exchanging numbers and taking pictures and ... fucking hell.

So the dude of the group decides he's had enough of that and comes over and sits next to me. He notices my Watchmen pin, which I almost always wear. And then it was Watchmen talk - the comics, the movie, the TV show, all of it.

So we have to leave before the Post Office closes. And I had ordered something for lady friend - the first 3 volumes of the original run of comics of Suicide Squad.

I read them back in the day because my former brother in law had an incredible comic collection. It was like walking into the collection of records that DJ Shadow owns.

I hand her the box in the car and ask her to open it because there might be something for her in it.

Her face lights up and she tears into it like a little girl at Christmas. She loves presents.

After she was done crying, she made it perfectly clear how pleased she was with me.

:cool:

So lady friend wants ice cream AGAIN. And yeah, it's great ice cream made fresh regularly and if you have half a brain cell still firing you can taste the difference. But she wants it every damn day. Always gets the strawberry.

Sigh. Whatever.

So we're sitting next to this group of nerds - 4 girls and one guy. And I don't care that they were nerds as I'm a nerd myself but I don't look like one. I look like a dude who's been living out in the woods foraging for magic mushrooms for the past 5 years. The sunglasses help too.

This ... was a group of nerds. And they were clearly comfortable with that. So lady friend goes over to the table and she has this ability to make nearly everyone want to be friends with her. After maybe a minute they're all giggling together and exchanging numbers and taking pictures and ... fucking hell.

So the dude of the group decides he's had enough of that and comes over and sits next to me. He notices my Watchmen pin, which I almost always wear. And then it was Watchmen talk - the comics, the movie, the TV show, all of it.

So we have to leave before the Post Office closes. And I had ordered something for lady friend - the first 3 volumes of the original run of comics of Suicide Squad.

I read them back in the day because my former brother in law had an incredible comic collection. It was like walking into the collection of records that DJ Shadow owns.

I hand her the box in the car and ask her to open it because there might be something for her in it.

Her face lights up and she tears into it like a little girl at Christmas. She loves presents.

After she was done crying, she made it perfectly clear how pleased she was with me.

Good job

Sigh. Whatever.

Now you're just rubbing it in!!!!

Now you're just rubbing it in!!!!

Lol. Nah. Just what happened.

And then I even took it a step further.

She had her head buried in Volume 1, so I brought her her favorite meal on a goddamn tray - which is ... sigh ... salmon served in curry which has couscous in it. With white wine.

I'm not saying that meal makes any sense, but ... whatever.

And @Tincandtoke, every time I see your tag line, I think of that old SNL sketch. It was Dana Carvey as Ross Perot and Phil Hartman as Stockdale. I saw it when it first aired and I was a child and Carvey was my hero at the time so I was in stitches. I couldn't stop laughing. I was too young to understand the context but it's so well written and performed that it doesn't matter.

The sketch is basically after the VP debate and it's Perot trying to take Stockdale out to the woods in an attempt to abandon him but Stockdale manages to get back to the car in multiple ways, inclucing simply running at super speed to the point where Perot just has to stop the car and let him back in.

Two comedy legends doing an incredible sketch. You can find it online if you look it up. I watched it the other day and I laughed as much as I did when I was a kid although for quite different reasons lol.

"Ping pong match! ... I'm out of ammo ..."

Lol. Nah. Just what happened.

And then I even took it a step further.

She had her head buried in Volume 1, so I brought her her favorite meal on a goddamn tray - which is ... sigh ... salmon served in curry which has couscous in it. With white wine.

I'm not saying that meal makes any sense, but ... whatever.

And @Tincandtoke, every time I see your tag line, I think of that old SNL sketch. It was Dana Carvey as Ross Perot and Phil Hartman as Stockdale. I saw it when it first aired and I was a child and Carvey was my hero at the time so I was in stitches. I couldn't stop laughing. I was too young to understand the context but it's so well written and performed that it doesn't matter.

The sketch is basically after the VP debate and it's Perot trying to take Stockdale out to the woods in an attempt to abandon him but Stockdale manages to get back to the car in multiple ways, inclucing simply running at super speed to the point where Perot just has to stop the car and let him back in.

Two comedy legends doing an incredible sketch. You can find it online if you look it up. I watched it the other day and I laughed as much as I did when I was a kid although for quite different reasons lol.

"Ping pong match! ... I'm out of ammo ..."

Aaahhh!
Perot, one of the greatest cartoon characters to ever enter a presidential race
Not on par with Vermin Supreme but a worthy member of the off beat society
Of course we had a mayor running the city from his jail cell, this was back in the day where a couple of murders and some racketeering was no big deal unless you got caught

Yeah. And his movie career never went anywhere which is a shame. If I had my way I would definitely cast him in a movie if I were lucky enough to get him.

Intereresting sidenote, in the movie I'm working on I'm playing the lead - not because I'm some great actor but nobody else is right for the part - and my intentions are to play the character as having the existential sadness of Sparklehorse combined with the manic desperate depression of Matt Foley (The Chris Farley character) combined with the general charm and likeability of Carvey when he's out of character. A bit too ambitious perhaps but I'm rehearsing up the yin yang.

My understanding is he does private shows now and makes a shit ton of money.

One of the great impersonators of our times. Like all the greats, he understands that it's not so much about the accuracy but more about capturing the spirit of the person and their habits and language and ramping it up to a ridiculous degree to where they just seem like a buffoon.

I do many impressions as well and have for a long time and I certainly learned a lot from his.

I totally wanted to be Dana Carvey when he was on SNL and when he did his own show on ABC. He'll always be cool in my book.

Love Dana Carvey as Ross Perot. He was great as the Church Lady. Phil Hartman I sure do miss. I remember the McDonalds legendary sketch with Phil Hartman as Bill Clinton, eating everybody’s lunch. I go in spurts with SNL. Some years I’m not as fond of the actor/comedians. Dennis Miller turned into a bigger ass, what a let down he was.

Yeah. And his movie career never went anywhere which is a shame. If I had my way I would definitely cast him in a movie if I were lucky enough to get him.

Intereresting sidenote, in the movie I'm working on I'm playing the lead - not because I'm some great actor but nobody else is right for the part - and my intentions are to play the character as having the existential sadness of Sparklehorse combined with the manic desperate depression of Matt Foley (The Chris Farley character) combined with the general charm and likeability of Carvey when he's out of character. A bit too ambitious perhaps but I'm rehearsing up the yin yang.

My understanding is he does private shows now and makes a shit ton of money.

One of the great impersonators of our times. Like all the greats, he understands that it's not so much about the accuracy but more about capturing the spirit of the person and their habits and language and ramping it up to a ridiculous degree to where they just seem like a buffoon.

I do many impressions as well and have for a long time and I certainly learned a lot from his.

I totally wanted to be Dana Carvey when he was on SNL and when he did his own show on ABC. He'll always be cool in my book.

What, no Johnny Depp and his eye liner?

That time of year kiddies!!!!

LOL. I actually only saw this video a couple years ago.

It's as fucked up then as it is now. Awesome visuals though.

But it creeps me the fuck out.

LOL. I actually only saw this video a couple years ago.

It's as fucked up then as it is now. Awesome visuals though.

But it creeps me the fuck out.

Big fan of the game
A lot more tense than Resident Evil
I'm A big horror fan
Loved Spooky World
Met Kane Hodder, Jason in some of the mid Friday the 13th series
Have an autographed Cheap Halloween hockey mask
Also love all things evil dead

Sorry for the double post
Hope the video was not too much
Just watched this a couple of days ago
I got dosed pretty bad making a hurried peach sorbet video
the sorbet video and me are f********cked up

Not a problem. I love dark shit but they still creep me out. But fear is our most primal emotion, right? Best to experience it in safety!

Ah, Evil Dead.

Back when I worked in a video store, kids from my high school would rent them constantly and never fucking bring them back. We were always having to charge their parents for the tapes - which were fucking expensive in those days - and it got to the point where we just stopped reordering them because they would just get lost. I wonder how many of those tapes are still out there ...

I mostly only play older video games simply because I can't keep up with the modern games. So many buttons and controls and I just get confused. I just want to ccrush goombas! But lady friend has me playing this game called Destroy All Humans! which is basically Mars Attacks! the video game and she promised me it's not too complicated even for an "old man" like me. I've been laughing a lot at it.

I play Grand Theft Auto a bit when I'm pissed off and need a laugh.

Do you ever wear the mask?

with the manic desperate depression of Matt Foley
Okay.... for one hot second, my mind processed this as Mick Foley... and it somehow fit....

maxresdefault-3.jpg

We were always having to charge their parents for the tapes
Omfg... did this ever take me back to Blockbusters and being pissed as hell... :lol:

I was never a fan of the blood and guts shit like Chainsaw... I was more an old school gore lover. Night of the Living Dead....

I mostly only play older video games simply because I can't keep up with the modern games.
I absolutely adored the og Nintendo games. Legend of Zelda was probably my favorite. I'd get so damn frustrated... but loved it. Once everything went 3D I didn't like it as much. Well... Sonic was great but... I'd get dizzy with some of the stuff. Duke Nukem used to make me feel like I had vertigo. So I stopped. I haven't played any of the newer stuff.

How about pinball machines? Anyone? Bueller?

Not a problem. I love dark shit but they still creep me out. But fear is our most primal emotion, right? Best to experience it in safety!

Ah, Evil Dead.

Back when I worked in a video store, kids from my high school would rent them constantly and never fucking bring them back. We were always having to charge their parents for the tapes - which were fucking expensive in those days - and it got to the point where we just stopped reordering them because they would just get lost. I wonder how many of those tapes are still out there ...

I mostly only play older video games simply because I can't keep up with the modern games. So many buttons and controls and I just get confused. I just want to ccrush goombas! But lady friend has me playing this game called Destroy All Humans! which is basically Mars Attacks! the video game and she promised me it's not too complicated even for an "old man" like me. I've been laughing a lot at it.

I play Grand Theft Auto a bit when I'm pissed off and need a laugh.

Do you ever wear the mask?

IMG_20200926_122101.jpgIMG_20200926_182420.jpg

Mask is not quite for wearing

IMG_20210408_163703.jpg

Diablo 3
notice my weapon
The horadric hamburger

Awesome mask.

But yeah, looks like it was a mask more suitable for young boy Jason when he comes out of the water in the original.

But still, I hear Camp Crystal Lake is lovely this time of year ...

Diablo 3
notice my weapon
The horadric hamburger

I have absolutely no idea what this means. :lol:

It was a nod to your gaming experience
If you update a little you can have some fun with odd combat choices
Just to let you know that gaming never gets too serious and there are good 2 player games you can play with your gf
The Horadric hamburger is Diablo's tongue in cheek way to play the game
Guess a little more context would have been appropriate

I'll definitely be seeing this film on day one:

Perfect trailer. Gives you a taste but doesn't give anything away.

del Toro has yet to disappoint me and it seems he won't be starting to anytime soon.

uIbBy-1458336021-264-lists-header_2.jpeg

I’m an original Dark Shadows fan. Watched it back in the late 60s as a kid. Then bought the videos as an adult. Now you can see it for free on TV. Really hated the Johnny Depp movie Dark Shadows.

A lot of the characters continued to travel around the world. They would talk about their roles and stories behind their characters they played. There were so many Dark Shadows fans, long after the series ended in the early 70s. Kinda like the Treki fans from Star Trek. The characters are slowly dying off. I never personally went to a fan get together.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back