Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
Can't wait to read your review bud.

Mine will take a little longer as I wait for my custom design.

Just for others benefit, the Nomad is Dan Morrison's latest hand built unregulated 18650 on demand convection dry herb vaporiser.

It comes in a number of different woods and the button can be customised as well. Lastly the sleeve can be selected from 100's of different design patterns or a custom design can be negotiated with Dan.

This is a hand crafted vape so there is a wait list but it's easy enough to head over to Dan's Instagram Page where you can ask to be put on the list.

I'm curious... what part does the sleeve have in this vape? Is it for insulation? Does the unit get hot? Or is it just for decoration (some of them are really cool)?

Aesthetically, it's a really nice looking vape. I'm looking forward to hearing more once you guys have them in your hands. :popcorn:

I believe it's mostly an aesthetic decision. The paper should age beautifully with use and gives users unlimited customization options.

The sleeve is attached to the base plate.

Dan did mention that at some point he'd like to let folks order different sleeves for variety.

Another very nice feature are the different heater modules. The first batch comes with both the med and high heater modules which should be as easy to change as the battery.

Here is an earlier version of a heater module which he has since improved on.

Another very nice feature are the different heater modules. The first batch comes with both the med and high heater modules which should be as easy to change as the battery.
So if I understand this correctly.... the heater modules are the temperature regulators? They each have a set temperature? Or does draw speed have an effect as well; making it more of a temperature range?

Edit: i just focused.... lol my coffee just kicked in... I saw this blurb on the IG post linked, "A set screw allows the user to micro adjust the tightness of the spiral, changing the airflow characteristics."

So I would think that air flow, along with the tightness of the spiral. has a lot to do with the temperature range you can get.

Last edited:
So if I understand this correctly.... the heater modules are the temperature regulators? They each have a set temperature? Or does draw speed have an effect as well; making it more of a temperature range?

Edit: i just focused.... lol my coffee just kicked in... I saw this blurb on the IG post linked, "A set screw allows the user to micro adjust the tightness of the spiral, changing the airflow characteristics."

So I would think that air flow, along with the tightness of the spiral. has a lot to do with the temperature range you can get.
Mom, I'm pretty sure that this is an unregulated vape like the Milaana and hence draw speed, time holding down the power button, adjustable airflow (to a degree), etc all come into play in determining temp of air hitting the load.

No??

HI GreenHopper, Pray tell, heat modules/ heat profiles?

Dan Morrison said:
2RSQdNm.jpg

aflQsvf.jpg

lehzFm4.jpg

Low-Med heat modules.

I2SSjSj.jpg

Medium - High Heat modules.

FMqhrqh.jpg

Dan Morrison said:
Resistance is 0.6 ohm. Which means this will run anywhere around 20-30 Watts depending on battery voltage, and pull a max of 7 amps. I've found this to be a great middle of the road heater module. Heat up time is ~2 seconds.

This HM is still powerful enough to overpower a strong draw speed, but slow and cool enough to keep it under control and easily avoid scorching.

A slower/cooler HM is definitely possible, and would give more control to newbies in group sessions.

Dan Morrison said:
It's been interesting to test the heater modules... being unregulated there is definitely a lot to consider with the dropping battery voltage...

Personally I am starting to like the heaters that I can hold the trigger down constantly, and regulate temperature with draw speed only. Meaning, the surface area is great enough that the heat can be taken away faster than it can accumulate. I can overpower the heater with a fast draw speed.

This sort of heater will start out, on a fresh 4.2v battery, being able to overpower draw speed, just barely. Meaning that if I keep holding the fire button down, I will eventually scorch the load, even at a fast draw speed.

But by the time the battery has settled down around 3.7v, a medium draw speed is required for proper temperature. A fast draw speed can over-power the heater and give a temp that's too low.

With medium draw speed, you can have the fire button on for the entire draw.

Because I like vaping pipe tobacco, I prefer a slower draw speed, I feel like this gives the thick flavourful vapor I expect to get from a pipe, more time for the vapour to flowww out and move around the mouth.

This style also seems to be best for newcomers, and in group sessions, very easy to control and get the correct temp without overshooting, no fire button modulation required.

But I can definitely see the advantage of a heater that is NOT overpowered by draw speed, even at 3.7v. For more experienced users. At 3.7v, this will act more like the above heater at 4.2v.

So reading into what Dan is saying the heater modules allow for different vaping styles or profiles.

If you are experienced with draw technique and feathering a power button you may prefer the HIGH heat module.

If you want to just hold the power button down and use a steady slower draw then you'll probably prefer a MEDIUM powered heat module.

Thank you sir. Dan & Ryan(RBT) gives this industry a little hope with some forward thinking.It seems we have plateaued over the last 3-4 yrs. It would be nice to look ahead to some new innovation rather than new bells & whistles. Where is "the Engineer"(Herbalizer) when you need him ?

Plateaued? Personally I don't think so.

Don't get me wrong I think Ryan created an awesome set of vapes and Dan is undoubtedly an Artisan.

But in the last few years we have seen:
  • Enail based vapes that can rip concentrate and flowers at the same time
  • A pen based vape that can hit like a desktop (if only they could make a reliable production run, I still have hope)
  • Glass based butane vapes that rip clean and clear
  • On demand convection Vapes with multiple bowls
  • Dab only all in ones that offer that dab rig experience with portability and convenience built in
I think the industry has been hot the last couple of years.

What Dan and RBT have done though is refine the tech to such a high level.

Dan's coil based heating modules even inspired @Alan's coiled mesh heater tech.

So much good stuff, it's never been a better time to get into vaping.

Sorry to be busting in on Dan's Finest Hour , but maybe I didn't make myself clear earlier. I was addressing the Major Players of this industry , primarily the R&D Depts. of S&B, PAX, Ariser, Herbalizer, Davinci et al. Not the cottage industries that were created by our ferocious appetite for accessories i.e. all kinds of glass, stems and skins. Haze puts forth the Square, does one really need the stench of 2 spent bowls in their pocket for the "convenience" of having 2 more? Your choice, is it a bell or a whistle ?
The Big Boys have gotten a little lazy. None of these companies in the last 4 yrs. have cut their heat up time in half. Yes S & B I think you can and what about total extraction in 5min instead of 10 as in the Mighty (One of my favorite vapes) . Will DaVinci's new upcoming vape spit out GummyBears instead of having a working App ? That is what i'm addressing here . Have they all gotten too rich, too quick? They deserve the spoils but we deserve forward thinking and innovation in return. Who's gonna get us off this damn plateau. I'm still looking for "the Engineer. "

Last edited:
This looks very nice! As others have pointed out it looks like a refined Milaana, which remains my fave vape for several reasons, one of which is durability. Mine get beat up. Dropped from truck windows, launched onto gravel from an ATV, tipped, stuffed in jeans pocket with keys, and all works. One glass stem went adrift and broke on the chiropractors floor. Despite falling from the kitchen table it continued to work, until landing in exactly the wrong position and the glass stem holder broke. That was a Gen2 Millie, so we're back to Old Faithful (pre-order first run) which still works like a champ. Nomad looks like a very genteel version with some great upgrades. I'm really looking forward to reading and watching some reviews!

To me this is the best looking vape on the market. Everything about this speaks craftsmanship & quality. That brass really adds the extra dimension & I followed this from the beginning but lost track of it. It looks like everything has come up peachy with this lil beast.

How hot is the vapor? With such a short mouthpiece, it seems the vapor would be very hot.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back