Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Community Old forgotten buds

Shredder

Dogs like me
So today rummaging around in my garden shed I grabbed some old pots and found a 1/2 gallon jar under them of blue dream from about 3-4 years ago. Stoners, lol.

I vaguely remember putting it there. I had too much at the time, but promptly forgot about them. ( Not the first time I've done this, lol)

To my surprise they look pretty good. Not dried out at all. They are deep brown. The smell is a bit odd though. Like fermented something.

I'll pull some apart and look closer with a scope tonight. They have been through freezing winters and hot summers.

I'm thinking about drying them and making rso out of them. Of course if I see any mold I'll pitch em.

Edit,

I found some gray mold on a couple buds. I tossed the buds and iso washed everything they touched. Oh well

Last edited:
That sux Shredder but I spose if you have enough produce you can forget about a 1/2 gallon can you are doing alright. Still would have been a cool find more than anything for you.

Well I had the misfortune of having to vape some really shitty buds I had in the back of a cupboard. At least 18 months since I looked at them & they were browner but the boveda packs were fine. They were pretty average when they were fresh but seemed to mature OK. Taste was pretty shitty but it made vapour & I was somewhat surprised.

Far from ideal situation mind you & it has been addressed.

When I moved, I found a chunk of hash at the back of a drawer wrapped in a twisted bit of cigarette package tinfoil. This dated it for me and it had to be at least 10 years old. Hard as a rock! Well I shaved a bit off that piece of petrified hash and vaped it. Sure, it didn't deliver the impact of fresh potent hash. But I must say I was surprised that it still provided a decent high.

I was looking around for some empty storage and ran across a medium cvault that had a 62% boveda pack 7 gram and a solitary nug, auto xtreme. This bud was almost a year old. Once ground the color was definitely less green and more yellow. Once vaped, the high was great, still very potent but lacking that sativa zip, and the flavor was almost as good as I remember. Very lemony! I have some auto blackberry kush that is the same age, similar story. That's about the oldest I've found, but hope to start stashing a little away from every batch to let it cure for the long term and break them out when I'm feeling nostalgic.

I have a small wooden container with mystery ground bud in my purse. Got it out the other day using my Enano and knocked it me out for 2 hours or more. Not too harsh at all, very sedative. Probably been there for 6 or 7 months, so not super old. I really thought it wouldn’t have much kick to it, especially because it was already ground.

I haven't got any 'old forgotten buds' since I keep it all in one place. However.... I have found some old forgotten concentrates more than once in the fridge lol. I just recently found a small stash from last year when I was stocking up prior to my surgery. Most of it is going to be used for cooking... but I did find one real nice Kandy Kush gram that I've been dabbing on. :thumbsup:

Might want to toss the whole jar, not just the visably affected buds. If you saw mold, what else grew over the years - that you can't see without a microscope?

Fun idea for a thread. Friends found about half an ounce of dust-dry dirt-weed in a baggie after a couple of years. Didn't even look like cannabis. Turned it into a batch of perfectly presentable, and effective, brownies.

Might want to toss the whole jar, not just the visably affected buds. If you saw mold, what else grew over the years - that you can't see without a microscope?

I think I got it cleaned. I did a iso wash, followed by dish soap and water, then it went through the dish washer. Glass is cleanable. Thank black jesus, for that.

I've found old joints before that were like paper they were so dry, lol.

Sure - thought you'd kept the unaffected buds as well.

No as soon as I seen mold I pitched them. Just not worth it.

I was floored at how good they looked tho. I had to use a scope to see mold, and I didn't see much. The smell however was off. A sour fermented like smell that seemed odd. The buds had to be at least 3 years old, and went through hot summers and freezing winters.

I found a paper in a jacket pocket with a couple grams of rosin in it. Very floral. Will test it tonight. Was pressed a few months ago and forgot all about it.

Rawk N Rawl... :)

Got this from a buddy earlier today. He got a few clones lat year as 'Canada is going to be legal anyways', and now he has 30 lbs of Gods Green Crack, packed in mason jars. Now vac packed, and with picture attached...
20190608_174511.jpg

Last edited:
I definitely need one of those jar sealers, thanks for the tip.:thumbsup:

I found a paper in a jacket pocket with a couple grams of rosin in it. Very floral. Will test it tonight. Was pressed a few months ago and forgot all about it.

Rawk N Rawl... :)

Got this from a buddy earlier today. He got a few clones lat year as 'Canada is going to be legal anyways', and now he has 30 lbs of Gods Green Crack, packed in mason jars. Now vac packed, and with picture attached...View attachment 9911

Your friend might want to look at presses. That's a lot to store.

We use a vacuum attachment for our seal-a-meal that vacuum seals canning jars.

I definitely need one of those jar sealers, thanks for the tip.:thumbsup:

This manual vac pump came with a Buchner filter/Ehrlenmeyer flask combo (around $70 - best price I found), but it's great for the jar sealers ($30ish for a pair, small and large jars) as well.

An old fellow once mentioned that he used to oven-can his herbs, and when they were sealed they would store for years, and come out like when they went in.

@Stevenski those rolled vac bags with the foodsaver are handy, but they aren't totally air tight. Jars are great and easy to vacuum. Mylar is also good (and less breakable than jars), but can be awkward to vacuum/seal.

@Disrupt - Thats a clever use of venturi effect! Where did you find it?

30 second Edit - just saw the link :)

55 second edit - on the bottom of the link, under 'suggested items', 4th one in is the filtration/flask/manual vac pump combo referenced earlier...

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back