Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips Old Pax I - what to do with it

treesaver

So, my friend gave me his old Pax 1 as it appears that the battery has finally gone kaput. It still works, but the LED never reaches the appropriate color to indicate that the device is ready and at temperature. It appears to just stay in the "heating up" stage from what I understand. I did get a chance to try this device when it was fully functional and it worked well, tasted amazing, but I never liked the amount of draw resistance it had. My friend said he doubts he has the receipt from purchase as far as getting warranty covered and it is probably nearing the end anyway. He was just going to throw it away, so I said, let me take it and see if I can do anything with it. Now, what to do with it?

Option 1: Tinkering to repair.
There are guides to replace the battery and I am handy enough that I could figure it out (probably with a little help from my awesomely tech smart dad), but buying the battery and some of the necessary supplies isn't really worth it for me because I have other vapes now and never really enjoyed the draw resistance it has. That being said, I should probably do some troubleshooting because maybe it's not the battery and if something else is wack, maybe that can be fixed without battery purchase, or can't be fixed at all and then it's a moot point.

Option 2: Sell to someone who might want a tech project.
It would be nice to find some use for it so it lives a bit longer before becoming a brick for the dump, but I don't know if anyone would want it. Wouldn't be selling it for much, just enough to cover shipping and maybe a little extra for the trouble, might buy a small gift for said friend with whatever I do get.

Option 4: See what's inside and record the process.
I do enjoy a bit of tinkering, so even if I was not to invest in repair, it would be a fun project to just do a Pax 1 teardown, get some images and video documenting the process. Not sure how useful that would be to anyone now since it's old, but at least it's fun to look at for techies like me. Would be interesting to compare the teardowns of newer versions of Pax and other vapes.

Would love to hear any ideas anyone has about what I should do with this thing or anyone who has had experience with Pax 1. Thanks!

So, my friend gave me his old Pax 1 as it appears that the battery has finally gone kaput. It still works, but the LED never reaches the appropriate color to indicate that the device is ready and at temperature. It appears to just stay in the "heating up" stage from what I understand. I did get a chance to try this device when it was fully functional and it worked well, tasted amazing, but I never liked the amount of draw resistance it had. My friend said he doubts he has the receipt from purchase as far as getting warranty covered and it is probably nearing the end anyway. He was just going to throw it away, so I said, let me take it and see if I can do anything with it. Now, what to do with it?

Option 1: Tinkering to repair.
There are guides to replace the battery and I am handy enough that I could figure it out (probably with a little help from my awesomely tech smart dad), but buying the battery and some of the necessary supplies isn't really worth it for me because I have other vapes now and never really enjoyed the draw resistance it has. That being said, I should probably do some troubleshooting because maybe it's not the battery and if something else is wack, maybe that can be fixed without battery purchase, or can't be fixed at all and then it's a moot point.

Option 2: Sell to someone who might want a tech project.
It would be nice to find some use for it so it lives a bit longer before becoming a brick for the dump, but I don't know if anyone would want it. Wouldn't be selling it for much, just enough to cover shipping and maybe a little extra for the trouble, might buy a small gift for said friend with whatever I do get.

Option 4: See what's inside and record the process.
I do enjoy a bit of tinkering, so even if I was not to invest in repair, it would be a fun project to just do a Pax 1 teardown, get some images and video documenting the process. Not sure how useful that would be to anyone now since it's old, but at least it's fun to look at for techies like me. Would be interesting to compare the teardowns of newer versions of Pax and other vapes.

Would love to hear any ideas anyone has about what I should do with this thing or anyone who has had experience with Pax 1. Thanks!

Maybe its moddable...
Higher capacity battery???
Increase airflow...???
Idk...
I feel same bout my ff...
Paid 12 quid for it...
It works, could do with new battery..
Not sure what to do with it either...

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back