Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Only 2 strains for the rest of your life

Kellya86

Herb Gardener.....
I haven't been too active here lately, mainly due to working myself into the ground to pay for my upcoming trip to america....
And all the organisation that comes with it....

Some of you may be aware that I am an avid herb gardener, living in shitty old prohibition land...

This causes me an issue, and that is that half of what I produce, I tend to not really like....
This is not my fault, I grow them properly...
But half way through flower, I can generally tell if I'm gonna like the strain or not...

What this means is that I put alot of effort into things that I'm not even sure I'm gonna vape in the end...
And living in the UK, I don't get chance to sample loads of strains...
Fuck the shit on the street... it's all bollocks...

So I'm going to Colorado for 3 weeks...
This is my chance to sample all the things I wanna try, without having to grow it for 3 months...

So I have to be efficient, and try to nail the 'must grow' strains...
I don't have the time or surplas cash to be wasting...
(7k down already and not happy about it)....

So...
First up I will be trying girl scout cookies...
Gotta see what all the hype is about...
Then it's grape ape, thanks to @CarolKing...

And thats where I'm at...

So I only want the best recommendations, hence the title....

If you were stuck with 2 strains for the rest of eternity...
What are they??????

Thanks.....

Oh man this is so subjective and really depends on what effects you are looking for.

If I was stuck with only two strains I'd go for:
  • 1x Sativa dominant, something like Blue Dream
  • 1x Indica Dominant, a kush of some kind (bubba) or 'Northern Lights'
What I'm after is:
  • a daytime energetic effect that I can happily shake off if I need to get on with stuff
  • a nighttime knockout punch that helps me to sleep

Oh man this is so subjective and really depends on what effects you are looking for.

If I was stuck with only two strains I'd go for:
  • 1x Sativa dominant, something like Blue Dream
  • 1x Indica Dominant, a kush of some kind (bubba) or 'Northern Lights'
What I'm after is:
  • a daytime energetic effect that I can happily shake off if I need to get on with stuff
  • a nighttime knockout punch that helps me to sleep

Iv been vaping og kush for a year already, and have a nice stockpile of that.... so no kush needed...
And iv just harvested northan lights....

Good shout on the blue dream though...
I'm more of a sativa person...

Great suggestions but i have that covered...

I'm gonna be there for about 23 days...
So I'm thinking of getting 30 different grams...
A good gram a day..
Maybe 20 and some concentrate.....

Edit... I wouldn't normally ever pick a strain based on its name alone....
But i will be hopefully trying some Alaskan thunder fuck...

Last edited:
I have a feeling that any thought of keeping it to two strains is going to go straight out the window as soon as you see the selection available lol....

Variety up the wazoo. Names you have never heard of before...... :dog:

So my advice would be to figure out the effects you want and then see if you can find a good bud tender out there. Cause what I've noticed is that, while there are the standard tried and true names (like GSC or Blue Dream) at dispensaries, there are also flavors that seem to come out of nowhere. I've likened the names to nail polish colors.... and I think that the same 'color' comes out in several different names... if you get my drift.

I have a feeling that any thought of keeping it to two strains is going to go straight out the window as soon as you see the selection available lol....

Variety up the wazoo. Names you have never heard of before...... :dog:

So my advice would be to figure out the effects you want and then see if you can find a good bud tender out there. Cause what I've noticed is that, while there are the standard tried and true names (like GSC or Blue Dream) at dispensaries, there are also flavors that seem to come out of nowhere. I've likened the names to nail polish colors.... and I think that the same 'color' comes out in several different names... if you get my drift.

I'm not keeping it to 2 strains... I want 20 to 30...
I wanted people to only select 2 strains to really make them think... so I can get the dead certs...
The must tries....

I completely understand that there will be variation between strains that come from different growers.... But a rough idea is far better than what i have to go on now... Which is nothing...

I recently grew pinapple express and Jack herijuana 33, both of which I didn't like...

There must be stains that you think I must try while I have this opportunity...

There must be stains that you think I must try while I have this opportunity...
Part of that problem is that I prefer Indicas... :smile: But in an attempt to answer your question seriously...

A new hybrid that I've had recently would be one I would recommend to anyone; Sweet Tooth. Really a pleasant buzz... nothing too heavy or strong for daytime. But my all time favorite strain variety is Cherry Pie (an Indica).

Part of that problem is that I prefer Indicas... :smile: But in an attempt to answer your question seriously...

A new hybrid that I've had recently would be one I would recommend to anyone; Sweet Tooth. Really a pleasant buzz... nothing too heavy or strong for daytime. But my all time favorite strain variety is Cherry Pie (an Indica).

Great suggestions.... sweet tooth was about her a few years ago and I remember liking it alot...
And if heard cherry pie alot, so that must be worth a try....

Gorrila glue is another one I hear alot of...

So I'm already getting there...

Gsc.
Blue dream.
Grape ape.
Alaskan thunder fuck.
Sweet tooth.
Cherry pie.....

I'm a sativa girl and my all time favorites are:

Durban Poison. A straight sativa Landrace. In tiny quantities it gives you an absolutely wonderful clear headed high that will keep you energized and productive for hours and hours, even after you come down. I thought that my season might be too short to grow it and last year I had to chop her down a week earlier than I would have liked due to frost, but it turned out to be wonderful bud. Vaped at higher doses can be almost hallucinogenic. Durban Poison is also high in THCV which tends to suppress the appetite.

Anything Thai. Chocolate Thai, Pineapple Thai, Lemon Thia. Light cerebral high for anytime. A very enjoyable happy high with no dramatic come down.

Something high CBD. My favorite is a strain called Remedy. It completely obliterates pain and nausea but doesn't knock me out. It is my medicine. I've only seen it for sale once, so my runner up high CBD strains are Harequin and Skunky Haze.

I find that the high CBD strains are more difficult to grow. The seedlings are a weaker, the plants less robust than any other strains, but if you can pull them through the season you'll have some awesome meds. This year I'm trying CBD Critical Cure and Painkiller XL.

Edit: CBD Dream was a incredibly robust high yielding plant, but I've never seen it for sale at dispensary. Great bud but not as effective as Remedy for my ailments.

Last edited:
Thanks @Squiby I'll definatly be adding durban poisen to the list...
Always wanted to try that....
This is exactly why I started this thread...

If I ended up in the dispensaries without preparation, my mind would go blank and i wouldn't achieve my aim....

Iv never tried a high cbd strain, so I will be getting a gram of something in that area...
Thanks again @Squiby, 2 more for my list...

I know you said you were full up on Kush, but you asked us which two strains WE would want if they were the only two for a lifetime and I would go with something like:

Lemon Haze for Sativa up

Bubba Kush or similar for indica bedtime.

Of course, as @momofthegoons pointed out, there are a zillion names for stuff, much of it indistinguishable from the rest.

Oh, also....particularly if you can get to California and get some true blue Crockett Family Farm Strawberry Banana I would suggest you try it.

All good, thanks people...
When different people are suggesting the same things it's gotta be a good choice..

My next thing is the mind boggling array of concentrates and medibles to try...

It's a shame I won't have an evo with me...
Just my vapcap and solo...
They should do...
I'm gonna miss big water hits....

Also is it best I find a good dispensary and spend all my money there... or shop about...?

Can I buy a cheap bubbler from Wal-Mart or something... I know you guys can buy car parts in the same shop as your milk and bread so....?

Can I buy a cheap bubbler from Wal-Mart or something... I know you guys can buy car parts in the same shop as your milk and bread so....?
I don't know about Colorado.. but you can't find anything like that in the Michigan Walmarts. You can find just about everything else though. Including some real interesting people. :lol:

I would think you'd be able to find something in a smoke shop there pretty cheap. I know you can around here so I'd imagine since they're recreational it would be that much easier. Anyone on the forum from Colorado that could speak to this? :cool:

The world is full of thousands of great strains....only two....insanity. :rofl:

(GSC is awesome but keep in mind there are a few versions of it....and some, or a lot, of controversy over whether any currently commercially available strains contain any of the legendary original Girl Scout Cookie in them. Helpful to know which one you are getting....my guy gets the BC Bud Depot version, and it is fucking killer, and way more indicas than sativa, IMO....http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Girl_Scout_Cookies/BC_Bud_Depot/) :twocents:

I haven't been too active here lately, mainly due to working myself into the ground to pay for my upcoming trip to america....
And all the organisation that comes with it....

Some of you may be aware that I am an avid herb gardener, living in shitty old prohibition land...

This causes me an issue, and that is that half of what I produce, I tend to not really like....
This is not my fault, I grow them properly...
But half way through flower, I can generally tell if I'm gonna like the strain or not...

What this means is that I put alot of effort into things that I'm not even sure I'm gonna vape in the end...
And living in the UK, I don't get chance to sample loads of strains...
Fuck the shit on the street... it's all bollocks...

So I'm going to Colorado for 3 weeks...
This is my chance to sample all the things I wanna try, without having to grow it for 3 months...

So I have to be efficient, and try to nail the 'must grow' strains...
I don't have the time or surplas cash to be wasting...
(7k down already and not happy about it)....

So...
First up I will be trying girl scout cookies...
Gotta see what all the hype is about...
Then it's grape ape, thanks to @CarolKing...

And thats where I'm at...

So I only want the best recommendations, hence the title....

If you were stuck with 2 strains for the rest of eternity...
What are they??????

Thanks.....
I'm bias as hell!

Girl Scout Cookies is awesome for me. (not everybody)
Right now I have some fruity tasting sativa (forgot the name?) Love it.
My friend gave me a bunch of COLAS. (covered it in KIEF $5.00/gram) pretty decent.
You can get big bags super cheap on the street. (Dispensers are safer legally).
zAQeDti.jpg

KIEF is your friend!
GRAPE APE is a good one if you can find it?
SNOOP DOGGY PURPLE KUSH is the ONE! (never can find?)
Grand Daddy Purple (fun to try) GDP (easy to get)
DUTCH CRUNCH (cross of DUTCH TREAT & JACK HEUR) LOVE this one:hug::hug::hug:

Last edited:
Wa state is legal. Bubblers you can find at headshots. Some cannabis stores have a store next door selling glass.i would check online to see where some of the shops are in the area you will be visiting.

You probably feel like I did the first time I had my medical cannabis card before it was pre legal here. I felt like a kid in a candy store. I still do.

No bubblers yet at Walmart. We are a long way away from that much acceptance.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back