Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Onsen Labs Desktop Pro Vaporizer

Onsen Labs

Manufacturer of the Desktop Pro Vaporizer
Manufacturer
Introducing the Desktop Pro Vaporizer!!!
By OnsenLabs.com

Currently seeking Beta Testers! Here's your opportunity to take part in shaping vaporizer design! Click below to learn more and apply:

https://www.onsenlabs.com/blog/desktop-pro-beta-trial-program
IMG_6521.jpg

Introducing the Desktop Pro Vaporizer!!!
By OnsenLabs.com

Currently seeking Beta Testers! Here's your opportunity to take part in shaping vaporizer design! Click below to learn more and apply:

https://www.onsenlabs.com/blog/desktop-pro-beta-trial-program
View attachment 11314
Well, ok...I submitted your form and I do have an interest as I have a pretty extensive background in tech product test and eval and I am am active MMJ patient. But after doing so, I came across this:

The Onsen Labs Desktop Pro Beta Program is open to anyone in Illinois with a valid Illinois Medical Herb Pilot Program license. Except, we will choose to fill our limited number of seats with a diverse array of conditions/use types, based on locations closest to us. We are located in Algonquin, IL.

So, do I need to be living in Illinois? Because I do not..I do live in a med legal state, but not IL.

If testers need to be in IL, perhaps you would want to note this restriction in large bold font in your OG post above....maybe?

Cheers

do I need to be living in Illinois?
Sorry for the confusion, I'll update that to make it more clear.

We'll make our foremost selection from those closest to us so we can work hands on if necessary, but depending on the personal details a person provides we may choose more qualified applicants without regard to location.

Sorry for the confusion, I'll update that to make it more clear.

We'll make our foremost selection from those closest to us so we can work hands on if necessary, but depending on the personal details a person provides we may choose more qualified applicants without regard to location.
Thanks....I'm in Maryland...a good way off. But let's see how it goes....perhaps I will make the cut! haha

I am too far away, sounds dodgy anyway, just a way to get extra sales, conditions;
What type of compensation do I receive for joining the program?
You will receive an exclusive, pre-release 60 day trial of cutting edge vaporization equipment. You may also receive a 50% discounted offer to purchase your beta equipment, so long as it is fit for commercial release at the end of the Beta trial.

I am too far away, sounds dodgy anyway, just a way to get extra sales, conditions;
You will receive an exclusive, pre-release 60 day trial of cutting edge vaporization equipment. You may also receive a 50% discounted offer to purchase your beta equipment, so long as it is fit for commercial release at the end of the Beta trial.
That does seem odd. What will they do with the returned equipment, I wonder? It does smack of "try free for 60 days, and only pay if you are satisfied ". Double the price, get in people's homes, then finish the sale? Or a way to make sure only serious buyers/ testers apply? But then why the Illinois requirement? A curious way to do this.

Usually a beta tester is doing the company a favor not the other way around. I wouldn’t apply to be a beta tester especially a company I’ve never heard about. Not trying to be disrespectful just being honest. Good luck with your new product. I hope it’s successful.

I will watch for reviews.

Everyone above has covered my position on this one....
If you want to send people units to test and get feedback do so
Plenty of ppl here will accept a unit and give you honest and reliable/useful/experienced feedback

No one wants to jump through hoops and enter a contest to do you a favour spending time testing and writing a thought out review or a rent to buy scheme...

Good luck with your ventures, I am sure if they are good we will eventually hear of them....

I think it's a great opportunity. We can all help to make a great vape. Onsen Labs came here to make a 'no strings' offer to help them build a great vape.
No one will be required to purchase the vape at the end of the trial period.

The vape will be engineered, and built in the US according to Onsen's website. That to me is a great feature that more companies should add to their vapes.

:thinker:

Okay folks... we all know how you now feel about the beta program. And since there's no requirement for anyone to be a beta tester I think we can drop that aspect of the conversation.

And let me remind everyone that it is against forum rules to ask to be a beta tester (no one has to this point but just to be clear for future readers).

All this said, I would like to know more about what differentiates this vaporizer from it's predecessors; mainly the Silver Surfer and DaBuddah.

Usually a beta tester is doing the company a favor not the other way around. I wouldn’t apply to be a beta tester especially a company I’ve never heard about. Not trying to be disrespectful just being honest. Good luck with your new product. I hope it’s successful.

I'm wondering what is so different that justifies the price. $399 is getting up there. My Arizer Extreme Q and Silver Surfer were both under $200, and my Super Surfer was $200. The Ditanium is $249, and can do herb and dabs, and you can use without a whip if you choose. I don't have anything against the Onsen Labs Desktop Pro, but there are other quality vapes for half the price. Why do I want to spend $400? I'm curious to hear about what it offers that I can't get from other quality vapes at half the price, or less. What does "Laboratory Grade" mean? Is there a certification for that designation? How is it determined? Who gave it that label? That's actually the point that interests me the most. I'm curious, as I am with most vapes, but not yet tempted at that price point, and am interested to see what future buyers think. Looks like it might be awhile, but I will watch to see how it seperate itself from the pack.
:popcorn:

Last edited:
I'm wondering what is so different that justifies the price. $399 is getting up there. My Arizer Extreme Q and Silver Surfer were both under $200, and my Super Surfer was $200. The Ditanium is $249, and can do herb and dabs, and you can use without a whip if you choose. I don't have anything against the Onsen Labs Desktop Pro, but there are other quality vapes for half the price. Why do I want to spend $400? I'm curious to hear about what it offers that I can't get from other quality vapes at half the price, or less. What does "Laboratory Grade" mean? Is there a certification for that designation? How is it determined? Who gave it that label? That's actually the point that interests me the most. I'm curious, as I am with most vapes, but not yet tempted at that price point, and am interested to see what future buyers think. Looks like it might be awhile, but I will watch to see how it seperate itself from the pack.
:popcorn:
This /\/\

I'm also too far away anyway so definitely was not "asking" for one

I'm pretty much desktopped out for now
Unless something comes up and shows me why I need another
The volcano hybrid looked cool but I'm not needing to pay $700 for a vape ATM

Definitely keen to hear about this one though and of people's feedback

Also thought it looked like pics I had seen of a SS

This /\/\

I'm also too far away anyway so definitely was not "asking" for one

I'm pretty much desktopped out for now
Unless something comes up and shows me why I need another
The volcano hybrid looked cool but I'm not needing to pay $700 for a vape ATM

Definitely keen to hear about this one though and of people's feedback

Also thought it looked like pics I had seen of a SS

The price does seem excessive, at least to me. My current most used vape was $70 something. (Saionara)

Apples and oranges, yes, but other than my dab rig, I'm not into desktops with so many good reasonably priced portables coming out.

And really, it looks like a ssv lite anyway.

Last edited:
Interesting enough vape but I am not seeing anything new here. A number of things make me curious though.

auto-power inhalation attenuation normalizes the heat drawn over the herb sample according to your breath.

Does this mean there is a airflow meter that measures intake airspeed & regulates the heater core to achieve the same consistent temperature regardless of draw speed? If so what is the accuracy level achieved?

Our sterilizable/sanitizable Whip Assembly allows you to maintain higher levels of hygiene.

Does the whip assembly arrive sterile? Can you maintain sterility of the whip assembly?

@Onsen Labs, In regards to the Glass Heater Head, which is at a 90 degree angle, Would prefer it to be in a Vertical position, Have the glass whip attachment (loading chamber) at a 90 degree angle instead, making it easier to pass around in groups as well. :twocents: Perhaps offer a smaller bowl attachment for Micro-Dosing as your current loading chamber is not designed for those users.
Curious Steve How and Where did the word 'Onsen' come about?

Last edited:
Please let me know if I missed anything!

That does seem odd. What will they do with the returned equipment, I wonder? It does smack of "try free for 60 days, and only pay if you are satisfied ". Double the price, get in people's homes, then finish the sale? Or a way to make sure only serious buyers/ testers apply? But then why the Illinois requirement? A curious way to do this.

Everyone above has covered my position on this one....
If you want to send people units to test and get feedback do so
Plenty of ppl here will accept a unit and give you honest and reliable/useful/experienced feedback

No one wants to jump through hoops and enter a contest to do you a favour spending time testing and writing a thought out review or a rent to buy scheme...

Good luck with your ventures, I am sure if they are good we will eventually hear of them....
Okay folks... we all know how you now feel about the beta program. And since there's no requirement for anyone to be a beta tester I think we can drop that aspect of the conversation.

And let me remind everyone that it is against forum rules to ask to be a beta tester (no one has to this point but just to be clear for future readers).

I understand the unit not being offered for free eliminates many of you in this forum. While we're interested to improve our product before commercial release, we've required a 50% purchase price at the end of the trial so that we can begin to profile our BUYER demographic. If one is not interested in purchasing after trying the vape, that helps us learn who not to market to as well. If that means it's not you, no worries. Maybe we'll catch you down the road. Or maybe our product isn't a good fit for you ever.

We'll offer two versions, the borosilicate heat cover option is $399, a poly-carbonate heat shield version for $299. See picture difference here -->https://ibb.co/wJzPrGR

As for what makes us different:
  1. We've designed an inert hot zone (see image above).
  2. The element has more surface area and a tapered baffle around the element's hot spot to increase air velocity, thus creating a more efficient thermal exchange without sacrificing ease of inhalation.
  3. I'm unfamiliar with others' circuits offhand, but we have auto-power inhalation attenuation, which normalizes the heat drawn over the herb sample according to power draw from the users breath.
  4. We utilize Grade 2 Titanium screens in the vape zone; others use stainless steel or brass.
  5. Patent pending multi-layered thermal isolation and integrated cooling makes this an all day workhorse vape, where many others' products get uncomfortably hot to the touch, we took the time to properly deal with the secondary heat problem.
    Click for image -->https://ibb.co/kQXgXBm
  6. Our Desktop Pro model uses clear parts so that users can easily inspect the equipment for foreign objects and cleanliness.
    [IMG]
    Click for image -->https://ibb.co/GvSVp3k
  7. Lastly, and maybe most socially important right now, we've designed the standard Desktop Pro model's aesthetics to be neutral; devoid of the 1970's counter-culture that is often off-putting to former prohibitionists and the scientific community at large. We wanted a user experience that my Grandma would feel comfortable having, and that would make it more difficult for others to stereotype and judge. Not that we won't offer fun upgrades in the future, but for this model we wanted the user experience to be that of a scientific control, or the least bit bias effecting towards the users experience. Society is watching us closely right now; this is our attempt to help us be responsible with that perception. Thus making it easier for health and wellness professionals to recommend our equipment, while minimizing their concern of sending a user into an otherwise often perceived abuse culture.
  8. The above points all contribute to what we dub 'Laboratory Grade'.
There currently does not exist a 3rd party industry design quality certification in this space. So for now, yes, we only have our own brand reputation as collateral to stake for our own word. If a 3rd party design standard certification becomes available, we will seek to certify by it. In the meantime, I hope you can see that our transparency and scientific nuances of material choices provides for an up front discussion of the real problems that many other manufacturers ignore…

Does this mean there is a airflow meter that measures intake airspeed & regulates the heater core to achieve the same consistent temperature regardless of draw speed? If so what is the accuracy level achieved?

The voltage in the element drops as the heat is drawn off the element, the circuit senses this and kicks back on to auto-balance; although it's not a perfect leveling, it still provides for a major hedging effect. In the future we'll provide graphs to show in chamber temperature fluctuations.

Does the whip assembly arrive sterile? Can you maintain sterility of the whip assembly?

No, not at this time. Although our choice of materials does provide the user the ability to sanitize the product.

@Onsen Labs, In regards to the Glass Heater Head, which is at a 90 degree angle, Would prefer it to be in a Vertical position, Have the glass whip attachment (loading chamber) at a 90 degree angle instead, making it easier to pass around in groups as well. :twocents: Perhaps offer a smaller bowl attachment for Micro-Dosing as your current loading chamber is not designed for those users.
Curious Steve How and Where did the word 'Onsen' come about?

We've heard this one a few times now and we have product development plans to make this as an alternative option. Thank you for the feedback! As well, a smaller micro-dosing wand is in the works.

Onsen Origin: In Japan, an onsen is a natural hotspring providing a relaxing experience. A little more on the history of onsens --> http://bit.ly/OnsenOrigin

Please let me know if I missed anything!

I understand the unit not being offered for free eliminates many of you in this forum. While we're interested to improve our product before commercial release, we've required a 50% purchase price at the end of the trial so that we can begin to profile our BUYER demographic. If one is not interested in purchasing after trying the vape, that helps us learn who not to market to as well. If that means it's not you, no worries. Maybe we'll catch you down the road. Or maybe our product isn't a good fit for you ever.

We'll offer two versions, the borosilicate heat cover option is $399, a poly-carbonate heat shield version for $299. See picture difference here -->https://ibb.co/wJzPrGR

As for what makes us different:
  1. We've designed an inert hot zone (see image above).
  2. The element has more surface area and a tapered baffle around the element's hot spot to increase air velocity, thus creating a more efficient thermal exchange without sacrificing ease of inhalation.
  3. I'm unfamiliar with others' circuits offhand, but we have auto-power inhalation attenuation, which normalizes the heat drawn over the herb sample according to power draw from the users breath.
  4. We utilize Grade 2 Titanium screens in the vape zone; others use stainless steel or brass.
  5. Patent pending multi-layered thermal isolation and integrated cooling makes this an all day workhorse vape, where many others' products get uncomfortably hot to the touch, we took the time to properly deal with the secondary heat problem.
    Click for image -->https://ibb.co/kQXgXBm
  6. Our Desktop Pro model uses clear parts so that users can easily inspect the equipment for foreign objects and cleanliness.
    [IMG]
    Click for image -->https://ibb.co/GvSVp3k
  7. Lastly, and maybe most socially important right now, we've designed the standard Desktop Pro model's aesthetics to be neutral; devoid of the 1970's counter-culture that is often off-putting to former prohibitionists and the scientific community at large. We wanted a user experience that my Grandma would feel comfortable having, and that would make it more difficult for others to stereotype and judge. Not that we won't offer fun upgrades in the future, but for this model we wanted the user experience to be that of a scientific control, or the least bit bias effecting towards the users experience. Society is watching us closely right now; this is our attempt to help us be responsible with that perception. Thus making it easier for health and wellness professionals to recommend our equipment, while minimizing their concern of sending a user into an otherwise often perceived abuse culture.
  8. The above points all contribute to what we dub 'Laboratory Grade'.
There currently does not exist a 3rd party industry design quality certification in this space. So for now, yes, we only have our own brand reputation as collateral to stake for our own word. If a 3rd party design standard certification becomes available, we will seek to certify by it. In the meantime, I hope you can see that our transparency and scientific nuances of material choices provides for an up front discussion of the real problems that many other manufacturers ignore…

The voltage in the element drops as the heat is drawn off the element, the circuit senses this and kicks back on to auto-balance; although it's not a perfect leveling, it still provides for a major hedging effect. In the future we'll provide graphs to show in chamber temperature fluctuations.

No, not at this time. Although our choice of materials does provide the user the ability to sanitize the product.

We've heard this one a few times now and we have product development plans to make this as an alternative option. Thank you for the feedback! As well, a smaller micro-dosing wand is in the works.

Onsen Origin: In Japan, an onsen is a natural hotspring providing a relaxing experience. A little more on the history of onsens --> http://bit.ly/OnsenOrigin
It's not about if it's a fit or not
I just think the rent to buy and give a review system is a bit how you going
Not offering a unit free does not eliminate many of us
But paying to give a review eliminates me (aside from location) and most companies that wish to do testing to improve their products give beta units and then improve before release
This is reminiscent of the GH fiasco to me - people pay money while the company is still making and designing it's products.....many issues in that company no matter how good the product eventually is
As is the explanation, and the indifference to people who raise points is what may make us not a fit for the future too
Not because I am in another country and don't qualify for a rent to buy test unit
You can't profile your buyer demographic when you are turning some off

If this was a great vape after reviews from ppl I'd buy it
All with my own money and tell others to do so too

Your demographic is vapers who purchase vapes
Why would you pigeon hole yourself to one type of vaper....

Also
There are places to get medical accreditation

Not 100% sure but I think it's in Spain?

S&B have done it
Minivap have done it

If you were trying to truly go the medically safe route you could pay for the same
I'm sure it costs a lot and this is why most companies don't do so
But if you wish to use it as a selling point I think it would be a good move to do

Anyway, I will watch this vape with interest, but unless it sticks out like dogs nuts as something special/new/different I probably won't need a new desktop

Watching with keen interest, wish you all the best

Food for thought.....

Last edited:
Huh. None of my vapes look like something a pot smoking hippie would use, so I'm set. Plus, I'm a Grandma, so I have the Grandma seal of approval on the vapes I own, and those I plan to buy. Good luck with your vape, @Onsen Labs. Just because it doesn't appeal to me, doesn't mean there aren't those that will buy what you are selling. :weed: :volcano: :weed:

Last edited:
It's not about if it's a fit or not
I just think the rent to buy and give a review system is a bit how you going
Not offering a unit free does not eliminate many of us
But paying to give a review eliminates me (aside from location) and most companies that wish to do testing to improve their products give beta units and then improve before release
This is reminiscent of the GH fiasco to me - people pay money while the company is still making and designing it's products.....many issues in that company no matter how good the product eventually is
As is the explanation, and the indifference to people who raise points is what may make us not a fit for the future too
Not because I am in another country and don't qualify for a rent to buy test unit
You can't profile your buyer demographic when you are turning some off

If this was a great vape after reviews from ppl I'd buy it
All with my own money and tell others to do so too

Your demographic is vapers who purchase vapes
Why would you pigeon hole yourself to one type of vaper....

Also
There are places to get medical accreditation

Not 100% sure but I think it's in Spain?

S&B have done it
Minivap have done it

If you were trying to truly go the medically safe route you could pay for the same
I'm sure it costs a lot and this is why most companies don't do so
But if you wish to use it as a selling point I think it would be a good move to do

Anyway, I will watch this vape with interest, but unless it sticks out like dogs nuts as something special/new/different I probably won't need a new desktop

Watching with keen interest, wish you all the best

Food for thought.....
I was thinking the same thing about reminiscent of the Grasshopper. Folks still have a bad taste in their mouths sorta speak regarding the GH. The customers were treated badly and they continue to do so. There’s a trust level far as a company goes when shelling out money for something unknown.
I’m hoping this vaporizer is successful but only time will tell. I say variety is a good thing. There might be a niche for this unit?

I also feel satisfied will all my vaporizers.

hahaha....got this in an email from Onsen today:

"Thank you so very much for taking the time to apply! Regretfully, we do not have enough beta tester spots to fulfill all applications and if you're receiving this email, unfortunately you did not make our final selection."

hahaha....I have had many rejections in my life, but this is the first time I have been dumped by a vape company! LOL I'm heartbroken....I think I need to by a puppy for some unconditional love! haha

h9165A1A7

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back