Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Parkinsons Disease

mvapes

Hey everybody!

So, as some know I've been fucking Parkinson's for the last 4 years. I've also come to grips with the fact that it's not going anywhere. So continuing to fuck it became somewhat of a waste of time. I had to learn how to live with it and make the best of it at the same time.

Weed helps, a lot but it wasn't my only answer. I promised myself I wouldn't let any medication rule my life, kinda felt like I was starting to plan my days around medicating and until that becomes a necessity as it will someday I said FUCK THAT!

I want to accomplish as much as I can before the day comes that I can't go any further. Mary Jane has been a great alternative to the pharmies especially nowadays with oils, edibles, and concentrates helping organically.

I want to offer any help I can and hope this thread becomes as fun and popular like other threads elsewhere I've started. I hope I can show you that being afraid is ok, I mean shit - this is a fucking scary disease to deal with but if you don't get caught up in self pity and don't let PD or any illness for that matter fucking define you you can have better days too!

Happy days are ahead, and as long as I take my meds, vape my weed, and stay positive that gives me the best odds at tomorrow being better.

Let's have some fucking fun!

FtHiYUg.jpg

@mvapes to have you around.
Lets get this party started

Hey everybody!

So, as some know I've been fucking Parkinson's for the last 4 years. I've also come to grips with the fact that it's not going anywhere. So continuing to fuck it became somewhat of a waste of time. I had to learn how to live with it and make the best of it at the same time.

Weed helps, a lot but it wasn't my only answer. I promised myself I wouldn't let any medication rule my life, kinda felt like I was starting to plan my days around medicating and until that becomes a necessity as it will someday I said FUCK THAT!

I want to accomplish as much as I can before the day comes that I can't go any further. Mary Jane has been a great alternative to the pharmies especially nowadays with oils, edibles, and concentrates helping organically.

I want to offer any help I can and hope this thread becomes as fun and popular like other threads elsewhere I've started. I hope I can show you that being afraid is ok, I mean shit - this is a fucking scary disease to deal with but if you don't get caught up in self pity and don't let PD or any illness for that matter fucking define you you can have better days too!

Happy days are ahead, and as long as I take my meds, vape my weed, and stay positive that gives me the best odds at tomorrow being better.

Welcome to the asylum, let's have some fucking fun!
Hi @mvapes - thank you for your post. From the 'other' forum, I was aware of your movement disorder AND your outstanding work scratching glass. One day I will have you do the circuit board design on a piece for me....I just want gaga over that piece.

My dearest best friend has Parkinsons and he's not a particularly aggressive fighter...well, really about anything. He's just a very passive guy (I can't understand sometimes how WE are friends but there it is). He has Parkinsons in his lower left leg and foot. In 7-8 years it has not progressed to other body parts but it is just now starting to effect his voice.

He does pretty anything any doctor says....I'm way more skeptical and have a couple of friends who are Docs so I know they aren't a higher form of being....and takes lovodopo, I believe. L dopamine enhancer. As far as i can tell, its turned his brain to mush. He's 73 but acts like he's 85. He has smoked MJ most of his life but will not do so anymore since he had a bad experience (10 minutes of anxiety after smoking once) that scares him (remember the 'he's not a fighter' part, yeah).

I did show him that video of the guy who, after a bit of topical applied to his mouth, stopped shaking in an amazing display (and I'm still up in the air about that one as I just can't find a lot of hard scientific evidence that MJ has that effect on Parkinson's in general).

I will not advise him to stop taking the medication even though I personally believe its turning him into vegetable. I'm not a doctor and cannot take responsibility for such a recommendation. He has other, self-inflicted, issues that also impact his cognitive abilities and outlook. Mostly like just sitting in his fucking house all day after retiring. I did suggest getting a volunteer job as a way to stay engaged, vital, and beneficial but he won't do it.

I will drop back time to time to this thread to see any further developments with MMJ and Parkinson's and of course to see how you are doing.

Thanks for opening this thread.

Hey @momofthegoons, are we going to start posting funny pictures in this Parkinson's thread also? HAHAHA :yikes:

Gosh I have no idea what you could possibly be talking about.

ma9nyt.jpg

Nothing to see here....

9RRkGCl.jpg

Disclaimer: Actually....you may see me letting loose a few places around the forum. :lol:
Oh baby, how did I KNOOOOOOW that was coming! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw this on the nightly news. This info has been around for awhile.

Pedaling away Parkinson's symptoms - Video on NBCNews.com
NBC News › video › nightly-news
Video on NBCNews.com: Sept. 2: A small pilot study of Parkinson's patients who rode tandem bicycles three times a week has shown promise in alleviating the tremors and rigidity of the disease. NBC's Savannah ...

Evidently it's working so well many of the YMCAs around the country offer these classes for folks with Parkinson's. I see they have them in our area.

Last edited:
According to this article released by the National Parkinson's Foundation, " despite several clinical studies, it has not been demonstrated that cannabis can directly benefit people with Parkinson's."

They go on to say, "There are risks and benefits associated with the use of cannabis for people with PD. Benefits include a possible improvement in: pain management, sleep dysfunction, weight loss and nausea. Potential adverse effects include: impaired cognition (impairment in executive function), dizziness, blurring of vision, mood and behavioral changes, loss of balance and hallucinations. Chronic use of marijuana can increase risk of mood disorders and lung cancer."

While some of what they say may be true, it's upsetting to me that they would say that mmj can increase the risk of lung cancer. Many studies have proven this to not be the case.

There are links in the article to four government studies that have been conducted to evaluate the use of cannabinoids in Parkinson's.

According to this article released by the National Parkinson's Foundation, " despite several clinical studies, it has not been demonstrated that cannabis can directly benefit people with Parkinson's."

They go on to say, "There are risks and benefits associated with the use of cannabis for people with PD. Benefits include a possible improvement in: pain management, sleep dysfunction, weight loss and nausea. Potential adverse effects include: impaired cognition (impairment in executive function), dizziness, blurring of vision, mood and behavioral changes, loss of balance and hallucinations. Chronic use of marijuana can increase risk of mood disorders and lung cancer."

While some of what they say may be true, it's upsetting to me that they would say that mmj can increase the risk of lung cancer. Many studies have proven this to not be the case.

There are links in the article to four government studies that have been conducted to evaluate the use of cannabinoids in Parkinson's.
As I may have mentioned, my close friend has Parkinson's and he read similar articles so will not pursue trying cannabis to see if it helps. He, like me, has consumed MJ most of his life, but now at 74 and on the very strong drugs they give him for Parkinson's, he reacts a bit differently to it (high anxiety) and it scares him.

I agree about the fear mongering. Ok, if it doesn't help Parkinson's then just say so. No need to lay on all of the Reefer Madness unfounded fear mongering to it IMO.

I love when doctors, scientists, and of course the Government (any one for that matter) tell us how we feel.

You see how far they've advanced our medication in the fight for Parkinson's yet every med is based on dopamine aggregates which have been around for years.

As you all know Parkinson's Disease' side effects are aggravated by stress, depression, anxiety, and physical activity. All of which are reduced and alleviated with the use use of mmj. I continue to do what the doctors tell me yet my illness has progressed. Recently I lost a lot of control in my hands, dropping food on myself, issues writing and typing, and for fuck sake forget about holding a camera to take pictures to post.

But when cannabis is ingested throughout the day I feel a bit more relaxed, I can sit still for a few minutes and enjoy that moment regardless of what I'm doing. Maybe there isn't a direct effect on PD but if I can get a little relief, even for a few moments than fuck those who say ot doesn't help.

Now I'm not saying to get high all day and sit around feeling sorry for yourself but a dab or a vape session here and there makes a world of difference to me.

As far as fighting, we can never stop. I'll keep fighting until my body won't allow it anymore. My thoughts since day is if someone is dealt a serious disease where there is no cure than let them do what they want to make themselves feel a little bit better about waking up every day.

So for today, if anyone tells me to stop using mj in kindly I will raise my finger while holding my genitals.

We all get the point :rofl::rofl:

Maybe there isn't a direct effect on PD but if I can get a little relief, even for a few moments than fuck those who say ot doesn't help.
Beautiful. And see? Makes me think that all of these scientists, etc., are looking for cannabis to cure Parkinson's instead of alleviating symptoms.

Yeah... let's just give you some more drugs instead... :shakehead:

Ok, so I got a new symptom that's really bothering me. My mouth starts to shiver and my teeth Clack. It's fucking annoying and happens on and off with no pattern.

I guess it at least it reminds me of home (NY) as I haven't shivered in 12 years living in the south lol.

When new symptoms come up it gets depressing for a few weeks. It seems like every time I get used to a new issue another pops up.

Ok, so I got a new symptom that's really bothering me. My mouth starts to shiver and my teeth Clack. It's fucking annoying and happens on and off with no pattern.

Oh dude im sorry to hear that.

thats no fucking good at all.

How is that going to affect yr career at the gloryhole?

I imagine the first gentile you 'de-sock' will be career ending?

However, consider the savings you will make on chewing gum, rubber bands and calamari?

Im sorry I dont wanna speak out of turn, but I think you were onto a good thing when you were at the 'handjob palace'

The shaking really worked for you, the tips were good. I really dont know why you gave it up.
But no, you had your sights set on the brass ring didnt you?

Like most of us, you wanted a stall of yr own with an opening you picked at the right height just for you.

I hear you brother, I cant blame you but I just wanted you to know....
If you ever want yr old job back at the 'handjob palace', I will be happy to put in a good word for you.

I gotta go start my shift.

fuck RSI and carpal tunnel

Last edited:
It's so nice when members are supportive of one another! Especially co-workers! :biggrin:

And I would listen to his sage advice; if I were you @mvapes. He's been working very hard at getting in touch with his inner self.

9Q12kST.jpg

Perhaps that change back to your old job may be the best bet! Especially since the group got together and bought you this before we knew you had changed vocation.

2i0svgp.jpg

It's textured for that 'special feel. '

Okay... my work here is done. I'm off to drink my coffee.

uXSt90T.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back