Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Community Paying It Forward

I did forget, something.
I forgot chargers for 18650 batteries.
I am down to one, which I am hesitant to hand out.
But there has been good news here.
The past 48 hours has seen the most patient contact in a long while.
This combined with our new 85 pound German Shepherd Dog, has proved challenging.
His training tells him that nobody from "outside" is good.
The worst mistake one could make is to offer a treat.
Each new visitor mus t go through a series of 3 visits before they can be called "friend".
Our visitors have not minded, and so seeing patients was easy for past 2 days.
This time I will tell which vapes went out first.
In a sweep of half a dozen visits, we provided:
  • 2 Evolve Plus units
  • 1 Haze Dual V2.5
  • 1 Haze Dual V3
  • 2 XMax V2 Pros,
  • 1 Silver Surfer (standard HC w/hand held wand) and aroma-top
  • A Guerrilla Vape (by Viva La Vape)
Stories of the patients we saw will follow. Much to catch up with, as it was a whirlwind to us!

Last edited:
Hey Vito, I just spend a half hour watching a bunch of your videos and as always it was enlightening (the Ubie hit) , put me in good cheer and has inspired me to dig out my Vapor Brothers which i now realize has been sorely overlooked. An old friend. A mini wand may be my next significant purchase. :juggle:

Again, apologies all around for not having had the time to share stories of our most recent work.
Yesterday alone, we delivered:
  • a Zeuss Smite
  • A Silver Surfer
  • a Boundless CF
  • a Haze V3
  • A Davinci Ascent
  • a MFLB
  • 4 Canva Wax pens
A few posts back I spoke of Sammy.
News on Sammy:
We have him in a long term care facility now. I am his authorized Representative, and I pay the facility his "share of cost".
I am in regular contact with them, and we are seeing to it that he gets regular Physical and Occupational therapy.
He should be there for a few more months, then get moved to a rehab wing, followed by an assited living apartment.... after which he will be able to get an apartment again, and we will go get Sammy his MMJ Card.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
A long while back, I told of a friend (actually I spoke of him years ago!)
He had cancer in his leg, and knee and had gone through MANY surgeries.
I told of his struggle, and how he fought.
Today we got to visit him for the 1st time in almost 2 years.
During the time we did not visit, (our arrest and probation time separated us) he went for one last surgery.... due to repeated and recurring infections.
He awoke from the surgery without his leg!
Good news is that they gave him full choice of a prosthetic leg, and he chose a state of the art $150,000 prosthesis. He must wait for another fitting before using it again, as there is shrinkage of his muscles around the remaining part of his upper thigh.
Today during our visit we learned that during the time he was in and out of the hospital, his tools went missing .... this happens when others store your possessions in your absence, and I understand that fully.
We brought him an Extreme Q to work with as a desktop, and a Boundless CFX to use as a portable.
It feels good to help someone a second time, in an entirely new set of circumstances.
It was our privilege to visit him and teach him about his newest tools.
It is also a privilege to share the recent events with you!
Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
I would like to thank Vape Critic for his donation of 3 units previously untested by me.
They were donated by him for the low income patients. These were units that he has had in his possession that were originally sent to him from each respective company.
Thanks, Bud!
1. The Flowermate SwiftPro
2. The Boundless CFC
3. The FlytLab "L!ft"
You can read my thoughts on the L!ft here:
I have been enjoying using the lift.
Back to back sessions do make the top of the unit warm, but the sleeve insulates well if you are sensitive. I did not use the "jacket"
It's short heat-up time is what we all have wanted, and many vape makers are moving in that direction, especially on the conduction vapes.
The screen (the insert for the glass mouthpiece) cleans easily with a brush.
The taste was good on this unit also.
I will be almost sad to see this unit go....
But it's ample sized button makes the unit easy for a visually impaired patient that was recently referred to me for help.
No bells and whistles.... that is what we need for this patient!
It went a couple of days ago to a visually impaired woman that spends little time at home, and needed a foolproof portable.
The lift with it's single large button makes this the ideal unit for a gal with low vision.
The way it comes apart is easy also.
A ride brought her here.
I know this will be a good placement!

I realize I won't be able to do what I do forever.
Meeting people in public is hard, and the trauma of having people in our home has remained a scary thing.
I grow older and the complications from my TBI and Spasticity... double vision is progressively getting worse... etc.
I will always try, though!
I got to place the Vaporizer Donation of my dreams to someone today,
This makes me feel great about what we do, and about my own place in this world.
The story today is about a young girl.
The 15 year old girl I was honored to help is called Yazy ....
She has a life threatening condition ... she was born blind and has cerebral palsy along with Scoliosis. And two years ago her parents almost lost her to opioids ...but cannabis gave them more time with her.
She recently had Spinal surgery as well.
She uses a seeing eye cane and human guide. She is still waiting on insurance to approve her wheelchair as she doesn't have long distance strength.
She is special needs child, and is a legal medical marijuana patient for now over 1 year.
She one out of 176 kids that carries a legal card to consume cannabis.
In that one year they have seen a remarkable improvement in her health. And almost immediate improvement in several areas such as pain management, nausea control & increased appetite.
Also, the young lady was born at 23 weeks gestational age, completely blind and with cerebral palsy. She lived her life up until a few years ago in fairly good health, all things considered. But after complications due to a spinal fusion surgery, she developed life threatening SMA Syndrome.
Superior mesenteric artery syndrome (SMAS) is a digestive condition that occurs when the duodenum (the first part of the small intestine) is compressed between two arteries (the aorta and the superior mesenteric artery). This compression causes partial or complete blockage of the duodenum.
None of the pharmaceuticals worked. So her desperate mother researched "natural solutions" and found juicing cannabis article which led them to trying the plant.
Because of cannabis the young patient was able to complete her make a wish to meet Justin Bieber last year!
In addition to the numerous health improvements they've witnessed, the girl is now completely pharmaceutical free! Which means no more antidepressant or anxiety medication. Yazy is able to live a more normal life because of cannabis.
The video you are about to see is about 2 children… Yazy is one of the 2 kids spoken of in this video
You will know which child she is by watching.

The Unit we decided on for Yazy was the Odin by TopBond. This unit was chosen, because of the vibration aspect, which will let Yazy know when the unit is ready to go!
As always, thank you all for reading.

Last edited:
Vito that was a interesting video... and an even more heart warming background to it... thank you for sharing it.

My feelings have always leaned towards a more holistic approach first to medicine and I hate that we are advised to give our children some of these pharmaceuticals that have such damaging side effects when something is available in natural form that could help them more. Thank God some physicians are beginning to listen to the medical evidence of the benefits of mmj when it comes to giving children meds for their conditions.

You have done so much for so many patients over the years Vito. You are always there to lend advice (even on non mmj related things) or a friendly word. It saddens me that it has become more difficult for you. I know it's been a passion for you.

Fortunately, you still have some 'fight' left in you! So please continue to let us know what your wish list is so that we can help you make as much of a difference in patients lives as possible.

double vision is progressively getting worse... etc.
While They can not change my double vision, I will be getting Cataract surgeries next week on both eyes.
They say the acrylic implants will make me able to see with less blur. Maybe this will help me with my ability to diagnose
issues in the smaller portables once again!

A special thanks goes out to a friend to Vapor Trail..... for the huge donation of vaporizers to be distributed to low income patients:
  • Original Iolite
  • Wispr2
  • Og Pinnacle with water tool and stand.
  • og Vapium Summit
  • Indica Noir
  • Davinci Ascent
  • Vapir Prima
I promise they won't go to waste!
That's quite a list.
I will type more when I can see better. Still healing.

I gave Vitolo permission to reveal my donation in the hopes it will motivate others to do the same, and certainly not to garner any credit to me personally.

Find it a good home, Vitolo, and I will be happy knowing that I may have contributed in a small way to someone else well being.

Last edited:
I have tried to be discreet and comply with the wishes of members as far as privacy goes.
Our own founding Mother @momofthegoons is one of those people that was secreted, until I got her permission today to give her a shout-out.
I would have to go back through dozens of private messages to explain what she has "paid forward" to this low income community which I serve.
Many units that she held as spares, or got as gifts... even maybe units that fell out of favor.
Thanks, Mom.... You have helped many.
Most recently, a Hot Box Original, that has helped in 2 homes, but has come home here to wait for a new patient... it's glass pieces require only a minor amount of dexterity, but the right unit for the right user is the goal!
I also thank you @momofthegoons for the DynaVapCaps. These are ideal for some of my population of transient patients... ones with no permanent home, but whose MMJ cards State Fees were paid for through donations (some from a few members here!), and caring Doctors, that waived their personal fees.
Many are Veterans... forgotten heroes with qualifying conditions, but a street-based lifestyle.... The DynaVap Caps that you provided are going to 2 such homeless
patients, so that they can feel that they are not left out of what there is on the tree of generosity.
Love to you all.

@Vitolo I am so happy that I could help you. And even happier to hear that the VapCaps went to veterans.

I hope to be able to provide more vapes for you in the future. And hopefully this will also inspire others to donate; as @Baron23 mentioned.

But none of this would be possible without the tireless and selfless work you do for the community of medical patients that you serve Vito. So thank you.

Fortunately, you still have some 'fight' left in you! So please continue to let us know what your wish list is so that we can help you make as much of a difference in patients lives as possible.
I was given the Flower Pot vape, and being greatly satisfied with it's performance... passed it on to a capable low income patient.....
When folks learned I was a fan of this tool I got another, and a forum member paid for the PID/Controller for that one.
...and again have a set coming my way (this will be number 3).
A comment:
I Tried the a similar tool (Sublimator) in the past, but found it to be unsteady and somewhat scary to use.
NOT the case here.
I thought it a recreational tool at first, but I have seen the light.
So stable, and safe in comparison, that I loved using it, and the patients whose lives have already been touched by it are joyous.
I like the showerhead setup and personally, may do a little wax in the unit here and there, but I LOVE THIS THING for flower.
I retract my thoughts concerning recreational tools, and now believe this to be a medical device, pure and simple.
I have already begun a campaign locally to interest patients in this tool, and have gotten a description of the Flower Pot to the local MMJ Doctors.
No longer just a fan, but a full blown advocate.
I am making attempts to get the developer to come here and start a thread, but if he does not, I will start one soon.

Last edited:
Thanks @OldOyler
The DaVinci I.Q. and the Puffco have landed, and I am already building a plan of action/placement for them both.
Tucson, has one of the largest population of low-income patients, and patients that are "the working poor".
Thanks to all of you, Tucson also has the largest number of patients living in poverty that own vaporizers.... many of them High End vapes.
Thank you all for Making It So!

We were lucky enough to get a donation of two brand new Fury 2 units.
I tested one and LOVED it's performance, and I deemed it to be a great medical device.... for it's convection flavor, size, readability of the screen, and ease of access to the buttons.
Both of these units went to senior citizens with cards. Both had diagnosis of advanced arthritis, but each has other relevant age related disorders.
The Fury sure impressed me with how easy it is to control and to read. for a patient with limited function.
I would not hesitate to give one of these to any patient.

Sorry @momofthegoons I get bogged down with the daily routine here.... I forget.
I always love Solos for the patients.
I "wish" I had a couple Fury 2 units.
The success with the patients I gave the 2 I had to was remarkable!

EDIT:
I spoke with Healthy Rips (seller of Fury 2)
He has said that for any purchase of a Fury 2 that I can pay for, he
will add a second unit and donate it to the cause. He did limit this to 6 purchases.
He said he is willing to, "match donations" up to 6, and send us 12 Fury 2 units.

NEWSFLASH:
The amount has been met and the 12 Units will come this week!

Last edited:
I still kind of wish I had an OG Solo, or at least a Solo Battery.
The solo makes such a good at home unit, not for out on the road with such ease as the Fury 2 for example...
Like a battery powered small desktop vape in it's own right.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back