Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Safety PG - PEG WARNING - TOXIC

lazylathe

reaching maximum velocity...
I was just thinking about this today! Thank you for posting it up.

I've noticed an off taste... sort of leaves a film in your mouth... from some of the pre-filled cartridges. It's made me not want to use them.

Interesting that the PG and PEG break down into formaldehyde. The article I was reading today was more about ecigs and liquids but that was one of the ingredients they were discussing. Slightly off topic; but the other thing I found interesting is that when used on a single coil atty (as opposed to double) the toxicity increases because of the added heat used with one coil. Food for thought...

I was just thinking about this today! Thank you for posting it up.

I've noticed an off taste... sort of leaves a film in your mouth... from some of the pre-filled cartridges. It's made me not want to use them.

Interesting that the PG and PEG break down into formaldehyde. The article I was reading today was more about ecigs and liquids but that was one of the ingredients they were discussing. Slightly off topic; but the other thing I found interesting is that when used on a single coil atty (as opposed to double) the toxicity increases because of the added heat used with one coil. Food for thought...
Hi guys, I am going to post a thread in the cannabis research section where we will discuss scholarly literature on just this topic. @lazylathe bro how did I know you were going to be the first to bring this here? :cheers: A man after my own heart!

More probable carcinogens are known to be created from VG and PG in ecigs too, as well as a variety of respiratory irritants etc. I have said for a long time, do not use ejuices. Especially if you are a medical user.

Iv been convinced that ecigs are the next asbestos since they came about...
Glad to see I'm being proven right, but not glad to see how popular they are with kids.....

We have been smoking for a few thousand years now.... when is evolution gonna kick in and produce heavy duty lungs....
And and iron liver for the drinkers....

We have been smoking for a few thousand years now.... when is evolution gonna kick in and produce heavy duty lungs....
And and iron liver for the drinkers....
lol man drinking could still kill you if you have an iron liver. In fact, the corrosion/decomposition due to alcohol in contact with iron would be something else!

Similarly, heavy duty lungs would not protect us from all of the dangers of smoking cigarettes, which are multi-systemic. Exposure to toxins from cigarettes starts in your mouth - not in your lungs.

Ecigs are unequivocally safer than smoking cigarettes, the studies I have read on the dangers of ejuices are all clear on this. Ejuices are not safe, but are a safer alternative than cigarette smoking.

Ejuices are NOT safer than cannabis flower/concentrate vaping, and in fact are an unreasonable risk by comparison. The basic question that sums up the problem with ejuice and cannabis: Why are we still introducing known dangerous substances to our cannabis products if we already have the means to more safely vaporize the cannabis/concentrates without adding anything?

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back