Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?
@Ed's TnT With 10 years of this stuff under your belt that's very humbling to hear from you, I've not even made my first year yet, thank you.

Not sure if I should be worried after the Tamales thing last time, but thank you anyway. I look forward to it.

@momofthegoons the bowl/platter idea has progressed but so far only in my mind, I'm thinking about an off set centre dish either dyed or ebonised and cloudy edge.
fX5OsBD.jpg

5jqGave.jpg

QYm4qev.jpg

Have mercy..... Those are just beautiful. I especially like the first dyed one. I love the hombre effect. And I'm digging the offset bowl as well. I think you may be on to something. :biggrin:

I received a planter for Christmas that was made out of a huge piece of rough wood. It has an offset bowl to it and I love it. Once it's planted I'll share.

@Ed's TnT has shipped a package, here we go. Looking forward to it. Many thanks.

@momofthegoons I've got to learn to turn them yet, the dying and clouding is less of a challenge. I can enlist the help of a friend to do some of the decorative work.
No vaping the day I try the offset for the first time.
The little Crab Apple funnel I turned has been used regularly since I made it, a coating of hemp seed oil and beeswax is working fine. No static cling, the kief simply brushes off.
KSOMkgLm.jpg
rv6R7SQm.jpg

Oil/wax on the dish part because it's worked nicely so far, there are some nice concave glass dishes available and

Keep making steady progress thru the list of orders I've got, I'm getting the balance between work and play.
I'll make some stems then try out an idea, if I kept plugging away at orders the other stuff just wouldn't get done.

It's all been a it twisted the last few days.
62mm Brazilian Tulipwood
dZfFSzh.jpg

80mm Tulipwood
f9GjqMP.jpg

And an idea I've been hoping to get done, VC package means I can finally get it made.
This Teak one has proven the point with the parts I now have and shown me that I've got to re-think the main body and MP joint. You can see the scalloping on this one where I filed it too much.
APOnEIH.jpg

gGNgmBO.jpg

@Ed's TnT With 10 years of this stuff under your belt that's very humbling to hear from you, I've not even made my first year yet, thank you.

The first of many my man, keep on doing what you do!

Am hoping you enjoy this package as the tamales are the other kind lol.

Beautiful work as always, love seeing what you do!

They are so tactile @momofthegoons, I've spent an age spinning them.
A love/hate thing. I always set one out and think 'here we go again' but once the initial saw cuts and first round of filing is done those thought fade quickly.
The end product more than makes up for the effort, plus I'm in a warm shed, sounds on and I can vape as and when I feel like it.

Morning @Ed's TnT it means a lot to me hearing yours, and everyone else's kind words. Many thanks as ever.

I took this picture as a little reminder to myself of just what I've gotten myself into
i9UZGLe.jpg

@phattpiggie Put me down for one each of all of the above, thanks :biggrin::lol:

I dunno why but the one I want to hold the most is that little square guy at the top left, looks so smooth! I wonder how dense the wood is? I love when little pieces like that have some weight to the wood. Picking one up and having it be heavier and cooler than you were expecting really adds to the premium feel of wood pieces, IMO

^ May 18th, too long to have taken to reply, sorry @Prolusio.
It's this piece of Thuya Burr and it came out really nice. Still waiting to be claimed by the person I made it for, not seen them about for a while so I hope they are okay.
h2bqfOY.jpg

Got the Blackwood Twisted Telescopic near enough done, just needs a check over to get the last few marks out.
As soon as it's waxed new ones appear.
80mm, minus the tip and cap
0KBvlh4.jpg

The telescoping adds another 30mm
o6aBPaL.jpg

Bought Snakewood, it may split but there's only one way to find out.
x3DT8J8.jpg

I got some orders out and they have been well received, another is en route.
Had some good weather which allowed me to set up my rip saw and cut down a Cocobolo blank.
100mm Square
KScsbMT.jpg

Partially Squared Daddy Long Toke
8s4ksJv.jpg

The Acacia chopping board is getting ripped down at some point.
8qMtjPq.jpg

Oh yeah I had a package show up the other day, our guy @phattpiggie told me he had a few surprises for me and wasnt going to show since I love the wait. This is my first experience with his work and I must say he knows his way with wood. Great great pieces all 3, first up

qBh7VeL.jpg

I believe its a blood wood twist maybe paduok am certain its stunning! I told him I wanted a twisted piece above all, I really dig them and the detail, very coo! You can see Daly was just as excited as I!

He also did me a XL tapered Cocobolo piece, I wanna say total length on this piece is 7" with a condenser the entire length

ZnOyPZ3.jpg

Then for the show stopper DAMN IT BOY piece, he did an extra long stabilized Buckeye Burl stem with Blackwood ends separated by metal, WOWZERS!

CIHgKFM.jpg

This one measures in at 7 1/2"L also with a condenser within. This piece has a couple voids in it like BE also does, the condenser closes them while giving it the extra character. Am really stunned by all 3 pieces and I thank you so much bro for these gifts, well done chief well done!

Wow..... @Ed's TnT all three of those pieces are outstanding! @phattpiggie 's work is just unreal. I cannot wait to get my hands on some of it, lol...

My problem would be trying to figure out which wood species I like best. The Snakewood has my eye. But then I see the stuff above and the drool cup needs to come out lol...

Thanks, dont he!

I say go Snakewood, its a beautiful species and a rarity for sure, you cant go wrong!

@Ed's TnT you know you are more than welcome and I'm very pleased you like them, nerve racking experience I can tell you.

@momofthegoons just to throw another spanner in the works for you here are a couple of Thuya pieces.

This one went out a while ago and it was a 'shit the bed' type of thing when it was opened up and seen for the first time. It's this one that I showed being put together. http://vaporasylum.com/threads/phattpiggies-wood-shed.76/page-2#post-5205

This one actually cracked on me so rather than just toss it I used a medium superglue to seal the crack, not something I would normally do but as it's my first triangle I carried on for the practice.
It's held together well and the customer is going to test drive it and we'll see if it goes out of shape whilst it's being used.

Also had a load of blanks arrive for the last of the current orders, I'm down to my last four people which is a great feeling.
It was all a bit daunting looking at a board full of orders.
Figured Walnut on the left and Bird's Eye Maple
j0MDMOn.jpg

Top to bottom
Amboyna Burr, Thuya Burr, Zebrano, Coolibah Burr, a couple of M3 Mokume, Chakte Kok and a piece of glued Blackwood that you can see the cuts with the aluminium accents in.
r7JGwax.jpg

Yunstone is 80+% crushed rock and will need a tipped tool to be purchased, 3 hours and numerous re-sharpening of my ordinary wood chisels just to get it round. Tasmanian Myrtle and Blackwood.
2fsOKTV.jpg

All from the same piece of Cocobolo, Square and a sleeve and stem for the @Pipes Eraser Project.
hxd8E1E.jpg

And for shits and giggles I got some glass out for a play with, three tiny pieces of pressed kief in this bowl.

Last edited:
@phattpiggie well you know I'm a gal who likes to see nice wood in the morning..... :biggrin:

That Yunstone Red is interesting. Not sure if I'm a fan of anything that's been pressed together with an adhesive... but really cool looking. And Amboyna has always been one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back