Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
For the people who have absolutely no idea who, where, what and why here's a pictorial run thru.
The rest of you out there it's great to see you all coming and showing love and support for a woman willing to put her heart and soul into this venture.

Start of 2016 and my Vapcap first generation Ti glassy drops thru the door, I'd seen and tried the OG but when I saw the Ti I was hooked. The performance of this understated little device blew me away. Winner, winner Titanium dinner.
Kudos and thanks to George over at www.dynavap.com.
NpJkqaz.jpg

One thing leads to another and I lose most of my waking, and sleeping, hours to image searches for a bit of that visual stimuli we all love.
First stems all worked great and I tried a bit of this and that to see what I liked.
3FBf7VPm.jpg
hf3X9GYm.jpg
zNeIHONm.jpg
hO9gB8qm.jpg
qEEcuSSm.jpg
Q1cxXZum.jpg

My relationship with MJ started out with a pipe so it was par for the course that I had to make one for the VC.
uqnfVcpm.jpg
YE7AM0rm.jpg

July 2016 and someone asks me if I'm going to be selling any of the stuff I've been trying so I bit the bullet and the Woodshed was born.
An LCD screen sucks me in over and over and I start to get my 'serious' head on :rofl:no pointing talking the talk and not having anything to show for myself.
VC stem ideas come thick and fast and my limited skill set is put to the test as the adventure, obsession, begins.

Stem ideas take me off in another direction all adding to my skill set and good practice. I make a pair of Harry Pothead stems.
jdcv0xpm.jpg
Xj3ATgim.jpg

And the twist idea lends itself to some other ideas.
Xoz0mbQm.jpg
mw8xktdm.jpg

Antique cigarette holders send me off on a square trip, and of course a twisted square.
W4VP7wgm.jpg
2TIOlWym.jpg

Last time it was too many words meant splitting my first post now it's pictures.

Conversations come thick and fast and people ask about other ideas and with material safety in mind I look for work rounds. One particular exchange and a change in the VC tip design sets my head going and the segmented stem was born, I can now fully isolate the vapor path and use other materials.
The first couple were wood, then I went for acrylics and last but not least a segmented square twist had to be tried out.
uRKeK02m.jpg
W9fNRgRm.jpg

o7hegOwm.jpg
6zwvEpdm.jpg

TfyFIFRm.jpg
IU32rMDm.jpg

Other stuff gets requested and ideas tried out.
prI1Xxam.jpg
O60wj0km.jpg
oL1KSTIm.jpg
2VAsdXLm.jpg

One of which is a VC stem to conquer all stems.
When I made this most people only had one VC each, myself included.
The whole VC thing has snowballed out of all proportion and Vapcap Aquisition Syndrome, VCAS, has bitten into some people hard meaning they have more than one VC, some people have a lot more than that.
Hopefully some things going on behind the scenes will make this 'point prover' an option.
u0gQGpG.jpg

A Youtube pen turning video inspires me to step up my game, such a simple idea that's turned out to be my favorite design to date.
SFmJbVDm.jpg
1ld5L0am.jpg

Tried to keep this short and it's only one part of the work that's been done or that's happening outside of the forum world so I'll finish this bit up with a couple of videos, hope it didn't make hard reading and enjoy the lite entertainment.

Nearly 100 year old piece of glass, stunning piece of tobacco smoking history.

If you thought the VC was a single hit microdosing master think again.

I try and not take life and all it throws at me seriously so for 'shits and giggles'.

While all the VC stuff is consuming a large amount of my imagination I get a little itch for something else.

When it comes to certain things, mainly wood based, I'm not backward in coming forward. You can only ask and see.
I contact a fellow turner in the UK and make enquiries about the possibility of getting my hands on a 'kit'.

One thing leads to another, we begin to develop a friendship and find common ground in many areas of our conversations.

I can't thank Rastavapa, Homegrown Logs, enough for giving me the opportunity to scratch that itch.

A bit of Spalted Beech is my practice wood and I turn my first log body, followed by another and another. Each time removing the internals and putting them in the new body. Some work out okay and others don't.
lqlGUWEm.jpg

Living in a country where it's frowned up to self medicate with our favourite herb led to the hidden in plain sight idea for my lidded Sapele log. This all being new to me I decided to push the limits a bit and make as small a log as I dare and with woods which really aren't the best for this type of thing.
63cz8Rlm.jpg
1xRgf80m.jpg
pAuAKF6m.jpg

Everything works and even when persuaded apart with a hammer the Homegrown internals cope well.
The Homegrown internals perform faultlessly and the plug and play aspect is great when I'm busy.
Powered up and heat soaked you can't beat a log for convenience. load a stem and your off.
The only thing that bugged myself and a friend, Ruta, was the power cord.
I asked RV about going cordless and we spitballed a while and mulled over different set ups to ensure no one could over power it, it worked as is but I just wanted to be sure it worked for everyone and every ocassion.

My Sumac got a new base and I threw together a power unit so the idea could be trialled.
The cordless log was born.
Fjf9Vtb.jpg

I've got a custom core coming so I'll be able to explore the idea further, it makes for a nicer experience all round not having the worry of a cord to get caught up on stuff.

While all the VC stuff is consuming a large amount of my imagination I get a little itch for something else.

When it comes to certain things, mainly wood based, I'm not backward in coming forward. You can only ask and see.
I contact a fellow turner in the UK and make enquiries about the possibility of getting my hands on a 'kit'.

One thing leads to another, we begin to develop a friendship and find common ground in many areas of our conversations.

I can't thank Rastavapa, Homegrown Logs, enough for giving me the opportunity to scratch that itch.

A bit of Spalted Beech is my practice wood and I turn my first log body, followed by another and another. Each time removing the internals and putting them in the new body. Some work out okay and others don't.
lqlGUWEm.jpg

Living in a country where it's frowned up to self medicate with our favourite herb led to the hidden in plain sight idea for my lidded Sapele log. This all being new to me I decided to push the limits a bit and make as small a log as I dare and with woods which really aren't the best for this type of thing.
63cz8Rlm.jpg
1xRgf80m.jpg
pAuAKF6m.jpg

Everything works and even when persuaded apart with a hammer the Homegrown internals cope well.
The Homegrown internals perform faultlessly and the plug and play aspect is great when I'm busy.
Powered up and heat soaked you can't beat a log for convenience. load a stem and your off.
The only thing that bugged myself and a friend, Ruta, was the power cord.
I asked RV about going cordless and we spitballed a while and mulled over different set ups to ensure no one could over power it, it worked as is but I just wanted to be sure it worked for everyone and every ocassion.

My Sumac got a new base and I threw together a power unit so the idea could be trialled.
The cordless log was born.
Fjf9Vtb.jpg

I've got a custom core coming so I'll be able to explore the idea further, it makes for a nicer experience all round not having the worry of a cord to get caught up on stuff.

Now that cordless log is what I'm looking for. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

@Drexciya probably 2-3 satisfying hits it's always plenty.
The new internals that are coming look great and I should be able to fit them into the Sapele body I have, it's been opened out and will get a new lid and base.

@momofthegoons Thank you, the lid was a first attempt of an idea which will hopefully manifest at some point in the future.

@Copacetic nae bother.

Had a couple of blanks arrive while I was away, 2nd one is Red Mallee and the one below it is a Mokume type Cobaltium and Lava.
Fingers crossed I'll be able to try 2 different ideas with it. The Buckeye got a coat of wax after it was roughed out.

329oKKt.jpg

Nice.
BWSOsm4.jpg

Can't wait to get some stuff turned.

Left the UK and it's usual weather behind
E4fQxfL.jpg

And had a few days like this, Mothering Sunday was a belter.
LjRllaK.jpg

Tried the Mokume today it's weird to turn, one minute it's sending off strands of thin plastic ribbon, the next it's a fine powder.
This was wet sanded at 800 grit and is yet to get a coat or two of wax. Not entirely happy with it but the overall effect is great and it finished really well.
WcsBz1a.jpg

Had to do another Red Mallee 14mm stem combo as the first one didn't last long before it cracked, burr wood is unpredictable which means I won't be using it again for this style.
Before the condenser is fitted to the MP end.
iY5HSUq.jpg

And as a stem
o6wctiB.jpg

A quick video of the Mokume one, pictures don't do it justice at all

Had to do another Red Mallee 14mm stem combo as the first one didn't last long before it cracked, burr wood is unpredictable which means I won't be using it again for this style.
Before the condenser is fitted to the MP end.
iY5HSUq.jpg

And as a stem
o6wctiB.jpg

A quick video of the Mokume one, pictures don't do it justice at all

Is that a dual purpose stem? As in, section one can be used as a WonG but with the mouthpiece extension it becomes a stem?

If so, that is awesome!

@GreenHopper that's correct. This is the third one I've done out of Mallee, the first couple cracked.
The whole thing is 100mm long with a 50/50 split, vong/stem when it's together.
I've been asked to do another but to keep the modularity of the VC range this time the vong end will be 45mm.

@Squiby the VC seems to have ignited something in quite a few people.
It's great seeing the glass, metal and wood stems being made and now with the electronics heads getting involved the whole VC thing can expand to those less able to deal with torches and spinning stems.

The Ti tips and M have safely buried any 'crack pipe' looks the OG had.

Had a couple of attempts at a new stem design today but it didn't happen, I won't let it beat me.

Revisited an idea for an open twist, this is Walnut which I've had for years. Still not right but it's all good practice.
cLNSVdo.jpg

The Cobalt/Lava Mokume stem wasn't 100% to my liking so I took a file to it. The twist brings a new dimension to the 'grain'.
Cyk25BP.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back