Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Please suggest a vape with low draw resistance

teleblaze

It's been a long time. I took a break from vaping and unfortunatley I was diagnosed with a conenctive tissue disease. Currently I'm having hard time drawing because of my jaw. It hurts.

I'm looking for ways to make the draw resistance much less as well as make it more airy and fun to use. What kind of things do I need? can you guys recommend me a setup to buy? Anyway to use a whip or something like that? Dunno. I'm a newbie after all. @LesPlenty

Anyway to use a whip or something like that?

A Volcano with a bag would have to be the best suggestion I believe and if funds permitted, the new Volcano Hybrid as it has a fan-assisted whip as an option.

I changed the screens (Dynavap type) in my WoodScents WPA stems and run 2 WS at a time on a rattle can bong for a very unrestricted experience.

Don't forget my avatar namesake, the Plenty has close to no restriction, even when I jam-pack it with well over a gram at a time.

Mighty and crafty too
All s&b have low restriction

WS w mesh screen mod is good

Fury's

Or the silver surfer is a whip

Cano's as mentioned but there are other bag vapes too

Bucket bong would work with a vape
(I think other countries call it a gravity bong)

I've moved these four posts to a thread of it's own since it's not WoodScents specific.... :smile:

@teleblaze the above suggestions are good ones. A whip or bag style vape would be a good fit for you. I haven't tried the Plenty but trust @LesPlenty 's judgement on it. The Arizer Extreme Q would be a less expensive bag vape option (as opposed to the Volcano).

However... you haven't said whether or not you would like this vape to be desktop or portable.

Thanks guys.
I don't have a portable so if I could make my woodscent more airy and with less resistance then that would be my desktop setup for now. I'd like to maximize my options as my budget is not unlimited.

The good thing about the woodscents is that I can microdose during the day as I don't need a lot to have a relaxing feeling. It doesn't use much bud either..not at all.
@LesPlenty my woodscents currently squeak and doesn't turn much at all when it sits on the heating source. I think the Tip or something doesn't fit right, and now Ihave like black marks on the heater! woohoo. Is there a way to make it sit better? it's faulty!

@felvapes Where do I get a mesh screen?

do you use water with your WS? what kind of things do I need in order to attach a mouthpiece or glass rig to it and make it airy and such? maybe a j-hook? would it be helpful?

for daily use like I said i like to microdose. so is there a vape for that that fits my bill? Although I do wish to use a device for session use like the Mighty. How does it compare with the plenty?

I think the Volcano is a bit too expensive for me right now.

WS is a good dekstop vape right? spending on antoher desktop right now seems a bit of a waste, no? that ofcourse if I can mod it right, and I think I can according to the comments.

What about the dynavap? can I buy a dynavap to attach it to the WS or something?

And guys, I can still use my jaw, so don't think I need something too extreme :)

Thanks guys.
I don't have a portable so if I could make my woodscent more airy and with less resistance then that would be my desktop setup for now. I'd like to maximize my options as my budget is not unlimited.

The good thing about the woodscents is that I can microdose during the day as I don't need a lot to have a relaxing feeling. It doesn't use much bud either..not at all.
@LesPlenty my woodscents currently squeak and doesn't turn much at all when it sits on the heating source. I think the Tip or something doesn't fit right, and now Ihave like black marks on the heater! woohoo. Is there a way to make it sit better? it's faulty!

@felvapes Where do I get a mesh screen?

do you use water with your WS? what kind of things do I need in order to attach a mouthpiece or glass rig to it and make it airy and such? maybe a j-hook? would it be helpful?

for daily use like I said i like to microdose. so is there a vape for that that fits my bill? Although I do wish to use a device for session use like the Mighty. How does it compare with the plenty?

I think the Volcano is a bit too expensive for me right now.

WS is a good dekstop vape right? spending on antoher desktop right now seems a bit of a waste, no? that ofcourse if I can mod it right, and I think I can according to the comments.

What about the dynavap? can I buy a dynavap to attach it to the WS or something?

And guys, I can still use my jaw, so don't think I need something too extreme :)
WS is one of my best vapes

I use it on a bong
I use a 14/18 m to m gog (bought from DHgate)
The 14 mm end fits the WS/DV tip
The 18 mm end into the bong
Invert your WS and away you go :)
You can use this gog/tip setup in a J hook also

To get better airflow we have swapped the screens out with mesh screens
I used the wide mesh screens from my mighty and cut them to size ( you can use any wide mesh or buy some mighty ones - must be the wider mesh)
Then cut to size and pull out the heater cover
Then friction fit the mesh screen in place
Cut a tiny bit bigger so you can dome it slightly and position easier

You can do the same to the screens in the dv tips also

Less restriction and more flavour/vapour

The plenty and mighty have some similar qualities and some different

If you wish for more microdose the mighty is better for you with dosing caps and take the screen out of mp
Low restriction nice hit and it is portable so no heavy cords to pull around

I love my plenty but rarely use it these days - great low restriction and flavour
Hungry for weed though not a microdoser

The WS is one of the best micro dosers out there and you have no major need to replace it in my eyes

Until you get into rosin

Last edited:
what kind of things do I need in order to attach a mouthpiece or glass rig to it
The kit that came with your WS has a water pipe adapter to allow you to use the WS inverted on a bong.
IMG_20180724_154901 (2).jpg

If you like the set up you can get the GonG adapters @felvapes suggested for easier maintenance,
IMG_20181018_155441.jpg

Buy some cheap filters with an open weave and cut to size to replace the Dynavap CCD screen that is installed in the Ti tip. (@ddave has a good option for Ti screens but is temporarily out of business, 2 weeks or so left?)
You could even try the glass WPA with the screen that Ed supplies with the original kit.
I suggest reading the WoodScents thread, it is not too long and there are a lot of good ideas on how to get the best out of your investment.

(@ddave has a good option for Ti screens but is temporarily out of business, 2 weeks or so left?)
:aaaaa:

Greetings! Today I've "partially" returned to serve the community. Currently, VapCap Waterwands, Complete Waterwand Solutions, and screens are available.

(Other listings could open as early as tomorrow evening!)

Thanks all!
Dave @ DDaveMods.com

:aaaaa:

Greetings! Today I've "partially" returned to serve the community. Currently, VapCap Waterwands, Complete Waterwand Solutions, and screens are available.

(Other listings could open as early as tomorrow evening!)

Thanks all!
Dave @ DDaveMods.com

Hi :)

Sorry guys that I was away and thank you all for your answers. I have been depressed :(

Dave, do you have any other accessories that you recommend for the Woodscents beside the screens that i'm preparing to buy? how many is enough?

Any of you got any recommended glass piece in particular?

Sorry guys that I was away and thank you all for your answers. I have been depressed :(

Dave, do you have any other accessories that you recommend for the Woodscents beside the screens that i'm preparing to buy? how many is enough?

I like the VA rattle can from yingmin on DHgate among others
Nice bong low restriction

I hope you get through the round of depression mate
It's a heavy beast at times

I like the VA rattle can from yingmin on DHgate among others
Nice bong low restriction

I hope you get through the round of depression mate
It's a heavy beast at times

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

I have better days and some really dark days. I think I have severe sleep apnea and obviously insomnia as I haven't slept in ages properly and I think that if I fix that with a CPAP machine or something similar I'll be a different man.

I think the CBD that I smoked might have contributed to my depression. Are CBD more depressants than THC heavy strains? I didn't smoke for a few days because my jaw popped during some woodscents draw unfortunately lol. I'll be waiting for something to ease it for me before I smoke again.

VA rattle looks nice. Do I also buy a gong and what kind? should I get a 14mm to 18mm adapter for better airflow or it doesn't matter?

@teleblaze , I don't smoke. My lungs hurt if I do. I usually load small amounts, the bigger cause draw restriction. With the draw resistance, I pull harder, and it ends up hurting me. So, the point, I am trying to make is, load smaller hits, they will be much easier. You'll still be buzzed. I have a Arizer Tower, not with the fan or bag, just the whip. It's great. I use it, every night. Before bed, when I awaken in the middle of the night ( I leave it on ). Be sure to use @ddave, for his kit, it's a game changer.
Please get tested for sleep apnea, you can now do it at home!

Greetings @teleblaze , No other accessories I carry that are compatible with Woodscents, save for the screens.

Regarding how many, I'll tell you about my own use... I use the Ti screens in a "similar setup" and change them out at biweekly intervals. The key to getting them to last this long is to "clean out the herbs while the tip is still hot"! Wait till it cools and things gunk up quickly! YMMV.

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

I have better days and some really dark days. I think I have severe sleep apnea and obviously insomnia as I haven't slept in ages properly and I think that if I fix that with a CPAP machine or something similar I'll be a different man.

I think the CBD that I smoked might have contributed to my depression. Are CBD more depressants than THC heavy strains? I didn't smoke for a few days because my jaw popped during some woodscents draw unfortunately lol. I'll be waiting for something to ease it for me before I smoke again.

VA rattle looks nice. Do I also buy a gong and what kind? should I get a 14mm to 18mm adapter for better airflow or it doesn't matter?
14/18 M2M gog would help air flow and are more convenient with the WS yes
Although it does have a WPA in the kit

Insomnia and depression are often bed fellows and affe t each other likewise

As @felvapes suggested, get a VA RC and use with your WS, no mouth pulls, so smooth you can just pull the vapor with your lungs. I could never use a bong when I was combusting, I would just cough as soon as the smoke would hit my throat, totally different ball game when vaping.
A pack of @ddave Ti screens (3of) should last many years, just flame clean them when necessary.

Edit, a pump assisted Tera might help too, Tera Bag mod Post #179

Last edited:
As @felvapes suggested, get a VA RC and use with your WS, no mouth pulls, so smooth you can just pull the vapor with your lungs. I could never use a bong when I was combusting, I would just cough as soon as the smoke would hit my throat, totally different ball game when vaping.
A pack of @ddave Ti screens (3of) should last many years, just flame clean them when necessary.

Edit, a pump assisted Tera might help too, Tera Bag mod Post #179
I coughed less with a bong when combusting
Big cones all day

Vapour makes me cough much more if I take too big of a hit
Just can't take huge hits without coughing with vapour
Bong definitely helps me take bigger rips, but still cough on the big ones

Rattle can is good though for light restrictions and can also sip without pressure

Pump assist could help people, either take big rips and get buzzy or light sips to ease coughing with the bag

Tera mod could also be done with the fury 2 and edge maybe or other vapes with similar air paths

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back