Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tips portable easy to use ON DEMAND vape that is all around wonderful

im not a robot

ok i posted a similar query on fc, but would love to get feedback from you guys as well, as i am going back & forth between the different options i am seeing.

i have been on a financial rollercoaster lately (climbing atm thanks universe), and sold my only remaining portable - a tinymight - when times were tough. i always liked it a lot, but it was probably overkill for a lightweight like myself, and it got shelved for portable use only when i received a woodscents. ever since i got it, this has been my favourite vape hands down, any log would have been i think - its on demand extreme efficiency (and comparatively light punch) suits me perfectly still.

but i am short one portable vape and eager for suggestions. the tinymight was great, but not perfect for portability imo. i used to own a mighty as well, which was better on the portability side, but its commitment to a session always felt less than ideal, so i am certain i dont want another session vape. i did like the hybrid heating though, so easy and foolproof to get decent vapor out of. and a much easier vape to hand to novices.

i have been following the xmax v3 pro and i think this one looks promising, great price point. but i am not so sure i absolutely need to have convection heating (i got a ws at home). i have nothing against it, but my sense is that conduction or hybrid vapes are friendlier for first time users (but i only base this on my prior mighty), and passing the vape to a (combusting) friend is a factor here, as is good taste.

so options that i am torn between atm:

1. the firewood 7 sounds really good & is as far as i know the only on-demand conduction (hybrid) vape. judging my vas this may be my top choice, but acquiring it isnt easy for me - the manufacturer does not send to germany (fearing the customs declaration necessary i think). so i would need to get real lucky (or change citizenship) to get my hands on one.

2. the v3 pro - early days in its reception thus far, but reviews have been mostly very positive & judging from the success of other vapes by this company, & especially its really competitive price point (below 100€) this seems a decent option to say the least. from my own experience with the tinymight id say there is a learning curved attached to convection vapes that are not ideal for people unfamiliar with vapes, and as i said above, this is a factor for me. at home, by myself, id probably just use my ws.

3. an induction heater for my dynavaps. seems i need to get one of those eventually in any case. i have never used one, but imagine they are pretty self explanatory. not so sure re the wand, b/c even though everyone really likes it (and price is good), the way it is used looks to me more akin to an electronic torch. and using a torch w/ a dynavap certainly requires some getting used to.

maybe you know of other options i am not aware of?
thanks in advance for your input!

I am really liking my ProV3 and believe the ceramic cooling unit is one of the contributing reasons.
That said, you mentioned wanting to try a convection based vape for something a bit different, I have been checking out the new release from Boundless called the Vexil and it has a zirconia (another ceramic?) CU insert that looks...cool!
1630923204563.png

It was 20% off a couple of days ago so will be very well priced at around $100 or less.
I really think 4 heat settings is enough for most people but wish it had an app to be able to set them like the old Ghost MV1.

That said, I would still recommend the X-Max V3Pro as my fav desk top dry herb vape is a WS and the V3 is now my fav portable herb vape and it is close to on demand where most/all conduction vapes are session only.
Another tried and tested value for money conduction vape would be an Arizer Air OG (but the later model with the scalloped air relief in the oven) or Solo2 if found cheap.

I am really liking my ProV3 and believe the ceramic cooling unit is one of the contributing reasons.
That said, you mentioned wanting to try a convection based vape for something a bit different, I have been checking out the new release from Boundless called the Vexil and it has a zirconia (another ceramic?) CU insert that looks...cool!
View attachment 29962
It was 20% off a couple of days ago so will be very well priced at around $100 or less.
I really think 4 heat settings is enough for most people but wish it had an app to be able to set them like the old Ghost MV1.

That said, I would still recommend the X-Max V3Pro as my fav desk top dry herb vape is a WS and the V3 is now my fav portable herb vape and it is close to on demand where most/all conduction vapes are session only.
Another tried and tested value for money conduction vape would be an Arizer Air OG (but the later model with the scalloped air relief in the oven) or Solo2 if found cheap.
What are your thoughts on Healthy rips The Edge, vs the V3Pro ?

yes, i know you are fond of the ws, and if a portable vape is a close approximation, that would be wonderful. i might just get a v3pro (i dont care for this name, sounds like a toothbrush,) they really are cheap. what makes me currently favor a vape like the firewood is the *assumption* that the on-demand conduction would create vapor more easily - my observation has been that a lot of the people i hand a vape to are just not comfortable sucking on sth for a prolonged period of time, they are just used to the short mouth to lunk drags they get from a joint (which the mighty could kind of deliver. and which is also possible with dynavaps).

The Edge, vs the V3Pro
Can't say as I do not own the Edge...I do have a Fury2 but that is more conduction orientated compared to the V3 for me. All the HR stuff will end up as early landfill with those built in batteries, one thing the discontinued HR Fierce had that was good...but they went with their own made battery packs with swelling battery troubles (they should just make a vape with 18650 easy swap batteries like most other manufacturers offer.

I don’t have the Vapman but have always thought about buying one. It’s an on demand portable. I have the Milaana that’s unregulated. Not sure if they make it anymore but I ve always liked mine. I don’t usually use an on demand portable. I’m more of a session kind of user.
A lot of folks like the Dynavape. I have the M but use it with my Woodscents log vaporizer.

thx @CarolKing the vapman looks really funky. but id rather not go for any butane vapes, and milaana - while i always thought they were quite beautiful and would like to have one - is probably not the easiest for beginners either, being unregulated. i think i am basically looking for sth like an on demand mighty. might have to wait a while for this to materialise. maybe i can find a workaround to get my hands on a firewood (sigh), maybe i just go with the v3pro (seems hard to go terribly wrong with this one), maybe an IH for dynavaps (this will likely happen at some point either way..).

A tight pack in a Vapcap heated with an Isipire wand makes for some easy mouth pull puffs that are like pulling on a tightly rolled joint so not unfamiliar to beginners. The Vapcap is also quicker and easier to load/reload.
There are aftermarket inserts available for the Wand (if you want to be restricted a bit) but I like being able to insert at different depths for each heat up because I like tinkering.
Plus the Wand can do pretty good dabs, no other VC IH can do that (Switch and Dablamp might heat a VC but they do not fit in pocket)

There are aftermarket inserts available for the Wand (if you want to be restricted a bit)
ah. so that it would basically function like a regular IH, allowing you to just drop the vc in there & wait for it to heat where it needs to be? hmm.
I am a log guy so the convection off the stempod is a perfect compliment.
i am a log guy too i think. just looking for sth that is super novice friendly on the go, and i have had my share of troubled looks when it comes to convection (on the tinymight - which is pretty straightforward in producing vapor i think)

Any word on the FW8?? on the website says COMING SOON, just curious if anyone had the inside track info on it.

EDIT FC has pics of FW8 meh, some are saying $300 on preorder, tbh not even remotely considering splashing that kinda cash Today for a preorder FUGGG DAT!

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back