Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Post your Cannabis Plant Pictures

5 weeks or so of flowering to go, looking pretty good so far for a winter crop, full-strength Original Canna BUD A&B,
IMG_20190910_192228.jpg

The one in the middle that has sprouted was the shortest plant in there last time I checked (the upward growth time is all but over), too big to move around now.

140cmx140cm (4.5ftx4.5ft), 16 plants, you can pack them in as long as you have lots of airflow in, out and circulating. I don't defoliate or tip, stress or remove yellow leaves (unless sickly of course). Just my way.

Mummas are ready to transplant,
IMG_20190914_175138.jpg

Not anymore, years ago when I was chasing faster, larger yields I would pick of large shade leaves and cleaning off unwanted bottom tiny nugs and branches, continually taking a leaf or 2 every few days from each plant when they got 'too' bushy. Nowadays I am in the belief that the less one interferes with nature the fewer problems will arise. Just have to have the airflow and movement to stop sweating plants finding spots for mold to start (another reason not to clip leaves or remove branches, they dribble unwanted water). The small nugs and leaves make for good bubble hash fodder!

Not anymore, years ago when I was chasing faster, larger yields I would pick of large shade leaves and cleaning off unwanted bottom tiny nugs and branches, continually taking a leaf or 2 every few days from each plant when they got 'too' bushy. Nowadays I am in the belief that the less one interferes with nature the fewer problems will arise. Just have to have the airflow and movement to stop sweating plants finding spots for mold to start (another reason not to clip leaves or remove branches, they dribble unwanted water). The small nugs and leaves make for good bubble hash fodder!

I have a different type grow (scrog) and maybe a different take on trimming lower leaves and branches.

I start topping early to shape trees into bushes. Then spread tops horizontal to even the canopy.

Basically on the bottoms I trim wherever light doesn't penetrate. Most of the leaves would turn brown anyway, and the buds don't ripen all that well. Plus all the plants energy can then be put into top buds.

I honestly don't know if that improves yields or not. Overall though I believe it improves quality in my room.

I have just begun growing horizontal under a screen, definitely like what I'm seeing. Judging by the size of the colas on my current crop, I can top them more, these colas have got to be around 7g a piece. I'd be fine with 2g colas if they are all the same quality!

Orange Hill Special by dutch passion, great variety, one of my favorites, week 8 bloom, in sunshine mix #4 fed jacks professional 20-20-20 and plain well water, no PH'ing right @arb?

20190912_181945.jpg
20190912_182034.jpg

Ace Seeds Bubba Kush x ErdPurt, indica cbd cross. I just brought her down yesterday at 10 weeks. I'm hoping for some nice medicine.

As my wife was smelling it, I told her that Bubba Kush is known for a coffee aroma. Her eyes lit up. "Yes! Coffee! And chocolate!" I'm looking forward to trying it. :smile:

bkepbud.jpg

We've had a couple of hard frosts here (quite early). A few years ago I met a local grower who suggested that cannabis plants tend to be frost tolerant. He usually waited until the first or second snowfall to harvest the later bloomers., so I've been leaving mine a bit longer than I would have. There are 4 left outside. They were really late starts (clones that were potted in early August) and they seem to be doing dandy. Pictures when I remember. They are in pots, and it wouldn't be difficult to put them indoors overnight, but so far they are looking happy.

Does anyone else have any ideas on 'how late is too late to harvest'?

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back