Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Post your Cannabis Plant Pictures

Nice healthy looking girls, I am in the attic, not many basements in Oz.
That is a lot of CFL fixtures!
What do you run during flowering and do you keep the CFLs going with it?
Thanks man,

Despite my relative ignorance when I started doing this I think it demonstrates that the average person can successfully grow their own. And despite the sketchy looking setup, it doesn't take lot of money to do so.

It's pretty low input.

So low cost that I repurpose dog food bags filled with dollar store potting soil as my planters. Works very well BTW.

I used to only use CFLs for veg and flowering but mixed it up with LEDs this time around now that they've become much more affordable within the last couple of years.

Yeah, from my 'research ' CFLs work, but they need to be as close to the plant as possible. Thus the many lamps.

Since I don't have a lot of ventilation the CFLs and LEDs help with heat.

I don't get massive, dense buds. But I get good quality and more than enough for my personal use.

Maybe someday I'll set up a proper grow and flower room. Yours gives me something to aspire to.

How do you deal with heat being in the upper level of a building in a toasty location like Australia?

How do you deal with heat being in the upper level of a building in a toasty location like Australia?
Not really warm way down south where I am (we have penguins on our beach).

If your setup works and there is enough for your needs why change? I suppose being able to leave a crop for weeks at a time if need be is handy on the odd occasion I do it.
I use cheap leds for my Mumma, they are great for vegging.

Not really warm way down south where I am (we have penguins on our beach).

If your setup works and there is enough for your needs why change? I suppose being able to leave a crop for weeks at a time if need be is handy on the odd occasion I do it.
I use cheap leds for my Mumma, they are great for vegging.

That was a typical Yank thing to assume about the continent and commonwealth.Sorry about that. I guess I did actually know that it isn't all outback, beaches and barbi. Need to further peruse your gallery.

Winter is setting in here and it's been gloomy for weeks. Just finishing up around here with harvest which is joyous (tho I'll miss it) May knock off for next season..depends.

Yeah, the basement works pretty good. The ambient conditions are stable plus it's out of view. I actually struggled last year when I started with seeds in Jan (deep Winter here ). 15 seeds = 4 plants....3 turned out male and the last one was hermaphroditic. I had no choice but to clone the herme. But I the end they Actually all turned out nice (the clones). I blame it on possibly the seeds (5+ YO)/ or the fact that it was so difficult to keep it warm in the growroom and it was stress jnduced.

We actually have a research facility nearby that operates a plant science lab in an abandoned mine. Kinda cool

The light coming on, guess who forgot to attach the yoyos at 5 weeks of flowering, luckily only 1 started to fall so badly I had to intervene at the cost of getting very sticky (trichs I won't be getting back),

Pardon the question weeks after your post, but those yoyos - what do they do? I've only used them on lights, plus I'm a total n00b at this sorta stuff :)

And here's the current garden - lights from 6am to 6pm, watered when they look thirsty, using molasses for nutes.

20191119_134756.jpg
20191119_134804.jpg
20191119_134817.jpg
20191119_134809.jpg
20191119_134812.jpg

When plants yellow like that it usually means they need a feed or your PH is so low the plants cannot process the nutrients.
Grow yoyos are for holding branches that cannot support their own weight,
1574651005422.png

IMG_20190424_235204.jpg

IMG_20190501_023052.jpg

Last edited:
Thats a handy idea - will check Amazona and see what they might have. Thanks :)

These are getting well water with light nutes. They are also in the garage, and we're the only place in Canada that hasn't seen snow, but it's kinda cool in there, especially when the lights are off.

The bottom plant, Afghani, had a bunch of burnt leaves which I've been slowly removing - mostly gone now, but still a few rough spots. It's also the smallest plant, but maybe that will turn around before Santa gets here...

12wRLbuds.jpg

Healthy, young buds. Growing the colas horizontally under the screen this year. Seems to be developing quickly and showing Rocklock's expected traits. Easy to grow, lots of sugar leaves - and trichomes. Looking forward to trying, many months from now. Described as full spectrum effects - indica with high THC.

First time doing a Scrog. Any advice on string to make my squares smaller?
View attachment 15878
View attachment 15877
more any advice is greatly appreciated!
I too grow so bad. (I’m envious)
So cheap here?
FUCK’N CIVILIZATION!
LEMON HAZE I’m over medicated again?
Sorry 2 rant!
When I grew outside and super crop I was in the zone.
I love my wife and she doesn’t like pot!
Growing is at stage of permit COLA growth without the overhead bird’s!

Last edited:
Any advice on string to make my squares smaller?

Buy a smaller mesh net or learn how to weave!
I just cut up some 2x1 pine to the size of the room and used a stapler and fishing line to make my 'tennis racquet' looking holder.

First time doing a Scrog. Any advice on string to make my squares smaller?

Using this trellis for years now, very sturdy, just the right size squares. You can see it in the 1-1-1 thread.

SCROG boosts yield and quality, especially with LED lights. How much space is that? You might need fewer plants for a full canopy in a reasonable time. Topping helps even things out. You shouldn't need it - bending down the growing tip should encourage branching in the same way. But the main stem still ends up being much longer. It can be difficult to find room for it under the trellis. Some combination of topping and pruning suckers should produce a bud in each square - still working it out. Otherwise, you can have an unripe under-layer of flowers, necessitating incremental harvest.

thanks @Disrupt , I’m going to keep this one up and try to improve it. Next time I’ll look into that trellis, especially if you’ve had that for years. It looks fool proof. It’s a 4x4 canopy. The big one in the middle is Super Lemon Haze bag seed, I was experimenting with in a Solo cup with my last run. I transplanted it because the roots were crazy in that Solo. I believe she’s 3 months old. It was grown with autos. The other four are 6 week old Super Skunk from ILGM. Should I remove the smallest skunk? I fiimd one of them.

Thanks guys. For what it’s worth I just cut the net down. Gonna hit the hydro store up later and get a tighter net. Now you can see my girls easier. I’m still in the learning process any feedback is much welcomed.
643958BB-9C99-42CD-B350-F296AB0783DB.jpeg
F9429A23-19BB-444F-AF80-D825776CEB85.jpeg
3721412A-55A3-43D4-84EB-999792AE4A2B.jpeg

One of my small fans dropped on the oldest yesterday on the top left, so you’ll see some curling there. Don’t think any damage was done but the wind blowing hard on it. I guess the screen served a purpose and protected her from real harm.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back