Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Accessories Protective Dab Mats for your Glass

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member
My first attempt at protecting my bubblers was to use a silicone cooking mat (similar to the ones in the pic below) at my vape station. They're great for protecting the surface of your desk, counter, etc. from the errant dab flying or anything hot. They clean up real well. And they keep your bubbler from slipping but are not very good at protecting them.

NMRVYKE.jpg

So while tooling around IG, I stumbled on to Mood Mats (moodmats.com). They come in all kinds of cool designs and I picked up this one.

3LDyaRs.jpg

My only complaint is that I think they are a tiny bit too thick. But it may just be that I'm so used to the thin silicone and these are a good 1/4" plus thick. I haven't let that deter me from ordering a few more though lol... I'll post them up when they arrive.

What are your solutions for a protective mat for your vape station?

Last edited:
I use cork pot holders & coasters right now. Purchased them from a $0.99 store as a temporary solution that has not needed upgrading.

Those mood mats look awesome! I might have to pick a couple up. I've also been using those silicone baking mats to protect my desktops. Great for preventing stuff from sliding but doesn't really add any padding! Mood mats being thicker might actually be a good thing for my needs.

@momofthegoons is the the top surface with the decal made of rubber too?

I love me some mood mats! They are upcycled rubber. They are screen printed with inks that are infused with real minerals to impart the gemstones "power" to your piece. Mine with purple ink is infused with amethyst. The other one is a collaboration with @rollerghoster. My favorite silicone mat is one From Xtractology. Love me some dab swag!
IMG_6478.JPG
IMG_6772.JPG
IMG_7130.JPG
IMG_8079.JPG

Last edited:
I am a fan of silicon baking mats, cheap grippy and come in a range of colours and sizes. Once they get messed up you can cut them up and glue them onto the bottom of your bubbler, vape etc to help with things sliding around., silicone on silicone is tight.

J9RJtFm.jpg

...as our man ataxian would say..."its civilized"..

Thanks dear @momofthegoons for pointing the MoodMats out so long ago. Since then, I haven’t been able to forget about them and wounded up getting a few on BF. You know, because I hadn’t spent enough money that weekend... :disgust:

The only thing worse than someone with an addiction for accessories is a place to come and learn about cool accessories.

So yes, I blame you and bless you in equal measure for at least some of this madness. You’re the best!:thumbsup:

I found this company completely by accident tonight, they make a buncha different cool stuff however the category that grabbed me was “DAB MATS & BONG COASTERS”, lol. They are just like moodmats, same material and process but they don’t have a 12-inch size, just 5 and 8. Quite a few die-cut ones as well but the REALLY BIG DEAL is they have official Grateful Dead designs! I squealed like a little girl.

I do feel that their patterns of “seed of life”, “flower of life” and the like don’t look quite as good as their MoodMat predecessors so I steered clear of those. Still, I felt a moral obligation to this community to investigate further, look deeper than the website and see how the quality of these mats look IRL. Don’t worry about the cost, I decided to pay for the sample out of pocket and there won’t be a GoFundMe for this one. However I realised that a single sample might not give an accurate indication of quality so I got another one, just to be safe. Here are the thumbnails:

68BACDFA-0B43-4A89-99BD-48DF0E705C6C.jpeg 6FF52C98-7CC9-4C2F-8F8C-2307B028D655.jpeg

Did I mention that they have a Buy One, Get One 50% Off through the holiday season?! And really reasonable shipping costs!

I found this company completely by accident tonight, they make a buncha different cool stuff however the category that grabbed me was “DAB MATS & BONG COASTERS”, lol. They are just like moodmats, same material and process but they don’t have a 12-inch size, just 5 and 8. Quite a few die-cut ones as well but the REALLY BIG DEAL is they have official Grateful Dead designs! I squealed like a little girl.

I do feel that their patterns of “seed of life”, “flower of life” and the like don’t look quite as good as their MoodMat predecessors so I steered clear of those. Still, I felt a moral obligation to this community to investigate further, look deeper than the website and see how the quality of these mats look IRL. Don’t worry about the cost, I decided to pay for the sample out of pocket and there won’t be a GoFundMe for this one. However I realised that a single sample might not give an accurate indication of quality so I got another one, just to be safe. Here are the thumbnails:

View attachment 6587 View attachment 6588

Did I mention that they have a Buy One, Get One 50% Off through the holiday season?! And really reasonable shipping costs!
I love your patches!
Jimmy PAIGE patches can be found near U?

@pxl_jockey how did you like the quality of the mats that you got from East Coasters? Did you feel the quality is par with Mood Mats? Is the neoprene backing more of a 'rubber' or is it like the recycled material that Mood Mats uses?

The reason I'm asking is that if the rubberized bottom is more like Mood Mats I might look into this company when I reorder the Asylum dab mats... I've been using Dabpadz as my supplier and they've been great. But I'm not as happy with the bottom material as I'd like to be. I'd prefer the recycled stuff that Mood Mats uses. However, a minimum order with them is 100 items or more. And they were much more expensive.

Oh yes, the quality is great and the printing is thick and saturated. The back is just like a Mood Mat and from what I gather, they’re going about the same recycled rubber process. I really like the overall quality of my Skull & Roses Bertha (10” diameter) & Steal Your Face (8”) mats and I see that they have started offering a bunch of size options for custom products. Very cool.

I can DM you the boss lady’s email and she was very nice to me, great customer service. You should tell her *my real name* sent ya. I need to not be lazy and take some pictures of a whole bunch of stuff and will take a few of my east coasters.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back