Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Discontinued Prrl Labs Neo

Vapes no longer in production

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member
This one has gotten a couple of us interested.. so I thought a thread was in order.

The Neo is available for pre-order.... from Prrl Labs directly or through @VGOODIEZ. With the pre-order discount the entire package comes in around $140 and at $120 for the Neo alone, plus shipping.

Untitled_design_11_1296x.png

NEO_WITH_PIPES_0091_1080x.jpg

Neo-9160_1080x.jpg

From the Prrl Labs site:

The Neo is a simple, pure, and innovative combustionless heating technology that delivers a smoke-free experience from any pipe. It is made from an advanced technical ceramic known as zirconia, which is used in medical devices and in luxury jewelry and watches. This material is exceptionally strong and has a refined finish.

We have partnered with one of the premier battery "mod" manufacturers, Eleaf, to provide a special power unit specifically for the Neo. It has USB-C fast-charging capabilities and uses a replaceable 18650 lithium ion battery that is easy to find on the market.

How it works​

Diagrams_of_how_the_Neo_works_2_600x600.png

About pre-ordering:​

• The first 500 Neos are currently being manufactured
  • We will open the shop for pre-orders starting September 24th, at 12:01PM Pacific
  • Follow @Prrl_Labs on Instagram for up-to-date information on special pricing
  • Pre-orders are scheduled to be shipped prior to the holidays

Just to finish up the pricing discussion... As @VGOODIEZ said, he is just passing along the price from Prrl Labs. When this pre-order rolled out it was as follows:

50% off preorder (limit 50)
40% off preorder (limit 75)
30% off preorder (limit 100) and this is where the preorders are at now...
20% off preorder (limit 275)
MFSP

I've been following @Prrl_Labs on IG, and I liked the look of this one. Ordered when it was 40% off. It makes me a bit nervous that I can't read reviews and opinions, but it seem like an idea worth supporting, so we shall see if I can figure out an opinion on my own.

I see it is a sipper not a ripper. Damm I was hoping to pull edge of combustion clouds.
That is disappointing it looks so promising...

I NEVER do pre-orders..... after watching things go wrong with most pre-order vape deals I've been gun shy. Yet, I found myself pressing 'buy' on this one a while back. I thought it might be a really good starter unit for my daughter. She's a 'sipper' and doesn't have any glass, etc. It would be easy for me to hook her up with some of my old glass pipes to go with this..... so I caved.

I'm happy to say that Prrl Labs has been really responsive with updates. And appear to be on schedule to release these on November 26th. My daughter may just have a vapey kind of Christmas this year. :biggrin:

This looks cool. Your not locked into only one stem or pipe is nice. Nice to hear what others may think ?

Got another notice regarding shipping from Prrl:

At this point in 2020, we're all practiced in dealing with bad news...we have some to share about your Neo order.

We just found out that the second run of the ceramic zirconia atomizer housings were ruined during the polishing process and can not be salvaged. This resets the production timeline, resulting in a delay in your shipment to after Christmas.

What happened?​

The ceramic zirconia atomizer housings go through a polishing process that requires 30 different steps performed over 10 days (like a series of rock-polishing processes if you're familiar with lapidary work). In an effort to increase the production numbers, one of the workers at our manufacturing partner's plant overloaded the tumbling machine with twice as many Neos as they should have.

After many hours of "polishing", they emerged with ruined edges. Zirconia is incredibly hard like its cousin, the diamond. The overloaded Neos were hitting and damaging each other, similar to how diamonds are used to cut diamonds.

Now what?​

Our manufacturing partner is starting over with an entirely new Neo run and the next shipment will not be ready until December 24th (if all goes well). Ultimately, this will mean that the earliest we will be able to ship from Prrl Labs headquarters in Portland, Oregon is December 28th.

We're absolutely gutted by this news. We promised to have these to you by the holidays and we are terribly sorry we aren't going to be able to deliver. If you were planning to give this as a gift, we're can create a signed certificate that you can give to the recipient in the meantime. Of course, we're also able to execute a full refund if your holiday gift-giving plans are ruined by this news.

Going forward​

Counter-intuitively, we've gained a great deal of trust in our manufacturing partner during this process. Like us, they take responsibility for their mistakes and they are focused on improving processes that impact quality. Your Neo is going to be delayed, but we believe it will be informed by what we've learned from these first two production runs.

Any questions?

Please just reply to this email or call us at 844-662-6844.

Thank you again for your patience and please accept our apologies,

- The Prrl Labs team (Mark, Josh, & Harvey)

p.s. Our first shipment of Neos did go out this week and you may start seeing pictures and videos of them in the wild on Instagram. We'll repost any we see, so follow us on Instagram if are curious to see them in action, too - we're @Prrl_Labs

@Madri-Gal you ordered before I did..... have you received yours yet?

Got another notice regarding shipping from Prrl:

@Madri-Gal you ordered before I did..... have you received yours yet?
Not yet, but I expect it any day. I'm excited about this, as it brings pipes into the mix, which was a need I didn't know I had until I saw the Neo. My Neo is expected to arrive Monday ( tomorrow). Already got a set up email from Prrl labs. I've been happy with the communication from Perl labs. Good information every step of the way. I will post as soon as my Neo arrives.

Last edited:
@VaporizerWizard I notice in your review that you mention that the Neo " does vaporize your herbs. I mean it can also combust them if you push the boundaries." Did you find that it was easy to combust? One of the concerns was that it wouldn't get hot enough to even get close.

And did you find that you got a pretty good seal on the wood pipe? I had read on the Prrl site that they suggest a rounded bowl edge. I was thinking a glass pipe would work well.

Love that you've tried it with the Sticky Brick. :biggrin:

You've got me a little excited about receiving mine lol...

@VaporizerWizard I notice in your review that you mention that the Neo " does vaporize your herbs. I mean it can also combust them if you push the boundaries." Did you find that it was easy to combust? One of the concerns was that it wouldn't get hot enough to even get close.

And did you find that you got a pretty good seal on the wood pipe? I had read on the Prrl site that they suggest a rounded bowl edge. I was thinking a glass pipe would work well.

Love that you've tried it with the Sticky Brick. :biggrin:

You've got me a little excited about receiving mine lol...

I still have a lot of playing around to do with it, but I found it to be pretty consistent and I haven't combusted with it yet. I also haven't tried to super push it because I truly hate the point when you go from vaporization to combustion. Just ruins the fun for me lol.

But in short, yes you can combust with it. Similar to that of a butane sticky brick vape, you are in control of the power via your draw speed. The seal on the wood pipe was perfect. Didn't need to push down or anything. It also comes with a silicone sleeve that fits over the glass to get a better fit as well but I haven't needed it yet.

It's a fun little device and I think the experience will vary quite a bit depending on the individual and their vaping habits. I think you will like it a lot.

Just noticed the battery is replaceable. If this piece can roast 2 average size pipe bowls while producing quality vapor (Better Than Average For Most Portables) I'm interested. Just have thought about this a bit more. Believe a high temp gasket - O Ring will be needed for this or any other piece like it. Maybe a glass on glass slip fit to seal well.

Work on any pipe? That.. to me anyways is a really nice idea. I wanna see this work well. EDIT: Just read V-Wizrards post & mention of silicone sleeve

Last edited:

Madri-Gal, I'm looking forward to you getting this one also. Eager to read what you think.​

Any mad money I have & can hang on to is going for a new & different to me desktop.​

This piece or something of similar design, that works well would be great when I take small groups out on the river here. This is a cool idea that I hope will work.​

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back