Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Discontinued Prrl Labs Neo

Vapes no longer in production
I got my Neo! Took a few pictures before I trash it. The presentation is beautiful. The Neo is beautiful.
IMG_20201222_110829_812.jpg

Now to test her...

O.K., O.K. I'm pretty stoned, so that's my best intro. Right to it, I love this Neo. It looks great. It feels great. It has a luxe look, all super fancy. It's easy to set up, easy to use, and she hits hard. You just place the Neo over your bowl, and hit the button twice for a 30 second session, or hold down for a hit of up to 30 seconds. Right now, I'd rate the Neo over my Solo, and I love my Solo. Now, this is an initial evaluation, and I am Super Duper Stoned and more than slightly impaired in judgement. I mean, I wouldn't sign a legal contract, buy a car, get married or consent to major surgery in this condition, so I assume my opinion will develop and mature as I increase familiarity with the Neo, or sober up. A win either way. I don't think I could get more stupid, so the numb parts of my brain might have something to contribute at a later time. Right now 90% of my brain is thinking about pizza. So, my first impressions are favorable. This is a serious vape.
I've gotten clouds, and I've adjusted down and could feel but not see the vapor. A bowl lasts a long time. This is where an eencey bit less of stonedness might be useful. I might actually be able to measure out a set amount say, and report how many hits per speck. Is speck still a word? I don't use it much, and mostly used it as a placeholder for an actual identifiable unit of measurement. Less stoned helps with measurement. I'm sure of it.
Vape Into The Void.
IMG_20201222_122912_201.jpg

Right now, I'd rate the Neo over my Solo,
I wanna know if you still feel like this in a week...
Also how many 30 sec sessions do you get from a charge..???
Really interested in this one...

Well you've got to give them an A for communication.... but this does seem to be going the way of many pre-orders where kinks are worked out in the first batch or so. Looks like I'll be waiting a bit longer to see what the buzz is all about on this unit.

But hey... we got a shout out. :biggrin:
First, happy holidays! This has been an interesting year, to be sure. We hope that as it closes out, you are on a trajectory for an amazing year ahead!

Unfortunately, 2020 is not over and your Neo's arrival date is slipping again - here's why:

After sending out the first 100 Neos, there were some problems with the chimneys that we were able to correct. But, the bottom line is we’ve had to find a more reliable partner to produce them. Quartz has amazing material properties*, but manufacturing with it is not easy. We are already reviewing samples and bids, and will be finalizing a contract with a manufacturing partner this next week.

How does this impact your order?​

Production has been pushed back by 2-3 weeks, which pushes back our shipment date to the end of January. The old saying, "You're only as strong as your weakest link" is applicable to our situation. The other parts of the Neo (including the ceramic zirconia housings) are ready for assembly, but we are now constrained by the delivery of the quartz chimneys.

These are early days in our manufacturing, so these adjustments are to be expected. However, we know that this news is disappointing and we're very sorry for the delay.

So...what's the good news?​

The early reviews of the Neo are coming in and they indicate that your patience will be rewarded:
  • "I believe this is the perfect portable vaporizer for most people and can provide a wide range of possibilities for heavy users, light users, and complete novices. The perks are that you can still use all of your current pieces and can still load the bong up for a sesh." - Prrl Labs Neo Herbal Atomizer [First Thoughts] review on Vaporizer Wizard
  • "The Neo hits surprisingly hard. I loved the idea, but half-expected it to perform like a budget portable. Now it's all pure love. The Neo hits hard....It's a beautiful vape, and it feels good in hand. Easy to set up and use. Heats fast, and hits fast." - @Budliahempwick on Instagram
  • "At first I was concerned when I only saw light draw videos that I wouldn't be able to get a solid hit...I WAS WRONG. This is an electric torch that won't burn your finger even when pressed to the unit." - Dargin B. on FuckCombustion.com
  • "Absolutely loving mine. Pulled out a few old slides and bowls -they pair up perfectly and when they don't, the silicone adapter is a nice touch." - Jonathan V. on r/Vaporents
  • "I love this Neo. It looks great. It feels great. It's easy to set up, easy to use, and she hits hard....Right now, I'd rate the Neo over my Solo, and I love my Solo." - Madri Gal on VaporAsylum.com

Going forward​

If you have questions, concerns, or would like a refund, please just reply to this email or call us at 844-662-6844.

Thank you again for your patience,

- The Prrl Labs team (Mark, Josh, & Harvey)

* Quartz glass is made by melting natural quartz crystals of exceptional purity with an SiO2 content of 99.9% and allowing the melt to cool down in the shape and dimensions required. The source material has particularly low iron, potassium and sodium oxides, and as a result very low trace element content.

Well you've got to give them an A for communication.... but this does seem to be going the way of many pre-orders where kinks are worked out in the first batch or so. Looks like I'll be waiting a bit longer to see what the buzz is all about on this unit.

But hey... we got a shout out. :biggrin:
O.K., it looks like I was double quoted ( from IG and VA) but with no problems so far I am still pleased with my Neo. There is a sweet spot on a lower setting, where I don't see clouds but can feel that I'm getting vapor. As she's new, my Neo is in heavy rotation, and I start with her in the morning and the early part of the bowl is this heavenly place where I taste and feel vapor, but don't see vapor on the exhale. As the temp moves up, the clouds arrive, but I try to stay in the low vapor zone as long as I can as the flavors are excellent.
I'm making notes of problems I hear about so I can watch for them. So far so good, but I hate to say I have a good one because then it will likely explode, or melt or something. No point jinxing it.

Do you know what that glowing coil is or the glue they use to glue it to the base?

Fuck..............reckon I went and did it again Moms.
:razz2:
No I don't. And I would love to know.

The difference here, imo, is that you aren't drawing air through it. You use a pipe or bubbler with your herb it in and draw through that. This is like a fancy lighter.

Gotta be better than sucking in butane fumes.

Feel free to make a post in the safety thread if you want. :smile:

& you say this, why?
(Thanks for the inconal linky, @arb)

With a 3-D printed ceramic/silicone donut disc, it could make a reasonable VC heater. An alternative
To sucking up/in butane. Or those fancy smanchy mag heaters. YMMV

Having said that, the Hotshot is a winnah! bonghit

Soooo did we end up saying this product wasnt all that ???
I had such high hopes for this one...

Soooo did we end up saying this product wasnt all that ???
I can say that I am unimpressed by it... and have yet to get the results that others seem to be. Perhaps it's the various bubblers and pipes I've used but I can't seem to get decent vapor. I also find it sort of large and heavy in the hand.

Now.. that's just me. There are some that are pimping it like crazy. So maybe user error on my part?

Did we ever got a straight answer on the materials used?

I can say that I am unimpressed by it... and have yet to get the results that others seem to be. Perhaps it's the various bubblers and pipes I've used but I can't seem to get decent vapor. I also find it sort of large and heavy in the hand.

Now.. that's just me. There are some that are pimping it like crazy. So maybe user error on my part?

No we have not.
Not the glues used or the wire grade.
I was once again accused of harassing a manufacturer for asking those questions.
You guys should see some of my hate mail.
:rofl:

Mom it's all about the preheat and seal you get with the bowl. I generally do a 30 second or more preheat and use the silicone sleeve if you need to in order to keep a good seal. The Purr bowl they sell works great and provides a nice glass on glass connection without the silicone but it's expensive. We also sell this grav bowl that is the exact diameter of the chimney so it makes it easy to slide the silicone sleeve over and make a nice seal. It's much cheaper too.

As for the build materials I'll be back to discuss that further. The Prrl Labs guys reached out to me asking if I could get involved and I said I would. More details to come on that.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back