Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Psychadelic

DefiantWeirdAmericanbadger-size_restricted.gif

20210824_155340.jpg

Smoked some changa yesterday in the rolling corn fields, laying on a log, in the sunshine.. was glorious... absolute bliss...
Its far more subtle than crystal dmt, every pull i took jus made the world brighter, more saturated.. sky looked digital, like a minecraft sky... was amazing....

Rain from monsoon season in Arizona brings toxic Sonoran Desert toads​

Sep 1, 2021, 4:45 AM | Updated: 8:06 am
(Flickr photo/Alan Schmierer)...

(Flickr photo/Alan Schmierer)
BY GRISELDA ZETINO
KTAR.com

PHOENIX — Poison experts warn the Sonoran Desert toads that come out during the rain in Arizona’s monsoon season can be dangerous for humans and pets.
The toads produce a toxin that’s released through the glands behind their eyes.
Maureen Roland, managing director of the Banner Poison and Drug Information Center, says a small amount on your skin won’t cause much harm but ingesting it or inhaling it will.

“It can cause hallucinations and some cardia dysrhythmias – it can be very dangerous,” Roland told KTAR News 92.3 FM.
RELATED STORIES
She said the Banner Poison Center has seen an uptick in calls from people who’ve been exposed to the toads, which she added can also be dangerous for pets.
“We do have many fatalities every year, unfortunately, from dogs mouthing these toads when they see them,” she said.
The Sonoran Desert toads can be found year-round but they mostly come out when there is a lot of moisture from the rain during the monsoon season.
Roland recommends anyone who’s exposed to the toxin from the toads call the poison center immediately at 1-800-222-1222.

Comments

This is the what the toadlickers are all after ! You scrape the skin behind the eyes and dry it and smoke it. Natures DMT ! I can hear them after a good rain, they chirp when they come out of hibernation, IDK :rofl:

Screenshot_20210917-153851_Instagram.jpg

This house in San Francisco's Mission District has millions of tabs of LSD on the walls​

The Institute of Illegal Images is free to visit​

Dan Gentile, SFGATE
Nov. 16, 2021Updated: Nov. 17, 2021 11:37 a.m.
FacebookTwitterEmail
Mark McCloud, curator of the Institute of Illegal Images, gives a tour of his many LSD-related artifacts, on Thursday, Nov. 11, 2021.

Mark McCloud, curator of the Institute of Illegal Images, gives a tour of his many LSD-related artifacts, on Thursday, Nov. 11, 2021.
Charles Russo/SFGATE

According to accusations from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, Mark McCloud is a kingpin. Take one step into his longtime home in the Mission and it’s not hard to see why: hundreds of thousands of tabs of LSD line the walls of his entry room alone.

McCloud is the longtime proprietor of the Institute of Illegal Images, a well-lived-in gallery that’s devoted to “blotter art,” which refers to the imagery printed on perforated paper that was dipped in the liquid LSD before being torn into tabs for distribution. The works of art on display in the institute are either reproductions of vintage designs or have long since faded to brown, indicating they’ve lost their potency. Even so, McCloud was threatened with life imprisonment after police tapped his phone and raided the institute to seize 400 framed pieces of art.

A pair of cosmic-themed LSD blotter art sheets framed inside Mark McCloud's Institute of Illegal Images, in San Francisco.
Charles Russo/SFGATE
Although he certainly holds court over a psychedelic kingdom, the charges of distribution under the Foreign Narcotics Kingpin Designation Act passed in 2000 didn’t stick, and he was acquitted a year later, thanks partially to art critics called to his defense.
“I was the first one who suffered the indignity of the new law,” says McCloud. “What a nightmare. That was my second trial, the first was from Operation Looking Glass from ’93.” That initial trial inspired one of many pieces of blotter art that McCloud created himself, a double-sided print depicting Alice’s journey through Wonderland.
McCloud is the type of San Franciscan who is in short supply these days. Wearing a black sports jacket and fedora over a shirt patterned with rainbow pyramid blotter art, he looks every bit the on-again-off-again art professor, a relic of the city’s turn-on-tune-in-drop-out past. McCloud’s love affair with the city began on a teenage trip from Los Angeles, where he attended boarding school after being sent away from his native Argentina to avoid political violence.
Mark McCloud shows off his psychedelic LSD-themed shirt, at the Institute of Illegal Images in San Francisco, on Thursday, Nov. 11, 2021.
Charles Russo/SFGATE
“The minute I saw SF back in ’65, I said, ‘When I grow up I want to live there.’ It was the first free city I had ever seen in my life,” he says.
McCloud’s interest in psychedelics also began during that era. Although his school still subscribed to practices of corporal punishment for misbehavior, it had a very unique policy when it came to drugs: as long as you told a teacher what you were taking, there’d be no consequences.
“I took advantage of that many, many times. I had many pleasant, wonderful experiences with drugs there ... I didn’t fall out of the building until my first year in college,” says McCloud.
Mark McCloud, curator of the Institute of Illegal Images in San Francisco, is pictured among the many framed pieces of LSD blotter art, on Thursday, Nov. 11, 2021.
Charles Russo/SFGATE
The accident he refers to took place while he was tripping on the legendary Orange Sunshine variety of acid, which was distributed throughout the world in the late ’60s by The Brotherhood of Eternal Love (whom the police called “the hippie mafia”). McCloud’s fall out of a window caused him to have a “death rebirth experience,” which led him to devote his life to collecting blotter art as a thank-you to the drug.
Already deep in his love affair with LSD, McCloud arrived in San Francisco in 1977 after graduating from UC Davis with an MFA. He made sculptures while working as a waiter at upscale restaurant Modesto Lanzone's, then started teaching at Santa Clara University in the early '80s (the pandemic canceled a plan to return to teaching in 2020). The Institute of Illegal Images wasn’t officially christened until 1983, when a $15,000 grant from the National Endowment of the Arts enabled McCloud to put a down payment on a building that he called “the last squat in San Francisco,” which still houses the institute today and serves as his home (the purchase price was $98,000; accounting for inflation it would cost roughly $270,000 today).
LSD-themed license plates (left) hang on the front door of the Institute of Illegal Images in San Francisco; a framed piece of art advertising "LSD Airline."
Charles Russo/SFGATE
When giving a tour of the space, he speaks with a Summer of Love tongue, trailing into tangents of Grateful Dead trivia and name-dropping an encyclopedia of counterculture figures. Seemingly random objects on shelves tell the history of the Bay Area, like a collection of green bottles that date back to an Oakland glass factory that operated in the 1880s. Every piece of art has an origin story, like a framed blotter print of a telegraph sent by Allen Ginsberg pleading for the release of LSD pioneer Timothy Leary.
In addition to its permanent home at the institute, throughout the years the blotter art collection has been displayed both locally and internationally. One of the biggest milestones was a show at the San Francisco Art Institute for the 30th anniversary of the Summer of Love in 1997.
“The FBI was the first one at the show,” recounts McCloud. “I told them, ‘The show’s more for you guys than for us.’ They said, ‘What do you mean by that?’ I said, ‘You’re the last girls to come to the party.’”
Mark McCloud shows off a piece of LSD-related art, at the Institute of Illegal Images in San Francisco, on Thursday, Nov. 11, 2021.
Charles Russo/SFGATE
Another memorable moment happened in 2006, when McCloud was invited to bring a collection of 250 of his favorite prints to Basel, Switzerland, for LSD creator Albert Hofmann’s 100th birthday party.
Aside from the institute, today the best place to see the artwork is the Design Museum in London. For those interested in owning some illegal images of their own, McCloud and his business partner Dana Smith run an online shop called Blotter Barn, which sells high-quality prints of the same work covering his walls.
McCloud doesn't like using the term museum to describe the institute, but he has curated much more than just a well-decorated living room. His knowledge of the drug seems to flood out of him uncontrollably, giving history lessons on specific LSD chemists and connecting the origins of pop culture icons like Gumby to acid trips. Almost every tangent eventually leads back to psychedelic San Francisco subcultures like the Diggers, whose anti-capitalism philosophies inspire him not to charge for entry to the gallery.
A piece of art, left, that Mark McCloud had created for his daughter, titled, "Barbie returns stolen LSD to the people"; a large psychedelic illustration, right, featuring Institute of Illegal Images creator Mark McCloud.
Charles Russo/SFGATE
If there were any questions as to McCloud’s status as a hippie hall of famer, a framed portrait of him sits in the corner of the room, looking like a cross between a tripped out Where’s Waldo scene and a black light poster, complete with a script that reads “The Passion of Mark McCloud.”
But despite a lifelong evangelism of the powers of LSD, McCloud acknowledges that the drug isn’t for everyone… yet.
“It’s not for everybody. But dimethyltryptamine, which is very similar to it, is guaranteed to all. It’s endogenous, made in our bodies,” says McCloud, describing a psychedelic compound known as DMT that occurs naturally in humans and is secreted during death.
“So I always say, ‘Just wait, you don’t have to trip in this life.’”

Today is a huge day for me...
Today is the day to take a heroic 10g mushroom dose. Most i ever dosed before was 6gs....
Its gonna be epic...
Will let you know how it goes, if i make it back... sane.....

God's speed to you :thumbsup: .

Well i had an amazing night... took all weekend to recover... colour was raining off the tv and cascading down the unit onto the floor...
Plan to do lemon tek next time....

Recently taken during Juno’s 38th close fly-by of Jupiter, the planet continues to give us psychedelic impressionism . . . :cool:

JNCE_2021333_38C00020_V01_-_Rendered_-_2.PNG

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back