Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Psychadelic

@Kellya86 I’ve never used anything like peyote. I never tried anything but cannabis. Make sure you let us all know how it works out for you. I wish you a good trip. I’ve never even tried mushrooms. I’ve over did it on edibles. I never want to go through that again.:idon'tknow:

Yep, Ive some minimal experience with it. Most folks I know get a bit nauseous on it which definitely, "harshes the buzz". Last time I did it was 1977 and it was the actual peyote, which is "woodish" in its texture; so it requires some thorough grinding into powder in order to put it in capsules as it's extremely bitter if you just chew it. The trips lasted a good 6 or 7 hours, not as long as acid but certainly long enough. Regardless, it's always about "set and setting", as they say. So go "low and slow" if you try it. :myday:

I have done fresh and dried. Fresh is the bomb. If I had a chance to do fresh again, and if my wife was up for it again, I'd sure love to do some. If not, probably not. We did that kinda stuff together..

I loved them.

Did them in the late 70's while in college in Wyoming USA. A friend on my dorm floor was dating a Shoshone (100% Native American) chick. She had legal access to fresh peyote so we all got together and got with it!

- - First Time taking Fresh Peyote :

"Cut off all the white hairy stuff"
We were advised by the only legal (and experienced) peyote user in our group that we needed to get those hairs because they contained strychnine. After a short pause for consideration, we all agreed it was a good idea so we took our time and cleaned those hairs off real good. Then we cleaned the sand off....quartered or 1/8's them into bites....poked them with a toothpick and dipped them in honey (we had heard they were awful) to "mask" what turned out to be the most awful nasty thing I have ever tasted in my entire life. I am 65 now. It still stands as the most horrible nasty thing I have ever tried. It seems to me we each did three very fresh and juicy buttons - each were 3-4cm in diameter.

Fun fact: Choose your "cover the gritty toad taste" well...it took twenty years before I could look a bottle of honey in the eye! Don't pick something you like.

The only thing we could compare the taste to was in our imagination(s)...what we all thought at the time was, "man, they taste like a toad" ... we all agreed that this was what a toad must taste like. We were not even close to being high yet....but oh boy, that train was a coming.

We all had nausea. I somehow talked myself into holding in these little delectables and came thru the nausea really tripping...but so were everyone else...I do not know if the trip is better or worse if you vomit up the buttons. Many do and report wonderful results. We drove into the National Forest and oh my what a fun day.....I had more fun on fresh peyote than on any other drug. Ever. Ever.

POST Nausea:

The best high I have ever had (really) including acid, 'shrooms (dried and fresh), mesc., coke, yada yada....

To me it was: A speedy/buzzy like cocaine - so you have great amounts of energy...a good thing IMHO...but not so much you find yourself grinding down your molars.

It was also much like a buzz on good flower. However, like other psychedelics', when high, smoking weed is pretty much done out of habit rather than to get high, you are way past that porch landing.

It also provided me the best and most real visuals I have ever experienced. (saw the Ted Nugent's "Great White Buffalo"....so there's that ;-)

The buzz did NOT wire me up like speed. Much more like a buzzy "chill" compared to acid, shrooms, mesc. etc. which can make me a little too wired for my likes.

Lots of laughing and smiles. IMHO, peyote allowed for a more "functional high" than I had experienced with other psychedelics.

- - 2nd Time Taking Fresh Peyote :

Exactly the same but ZERO nausea! We did this:

We each bought a large McDonalds chocolate milk shake. Brought the shakes back to the dorm & LOADED them up with Nestle's Quik chocolate drink powder...poured each shake with the Quik into a blender. Hit the hottest button on that blender and made those "toads" taste better!

It worked great. All we wanted was to cover the flavor long enough to get the peyote mixture down the hatch.

An EXCELLENT unexpected and much appreciated side benefit of the milk shakes...the milk coated our stomachs and none of us got any more than a belch or two!

I have smoked dried peyote a number of times and found it meh.

I probably did not smoke good 'ns.

Hope this helps.

vfm

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your experiences or lack of...
It sure sounds quite intense, but iv done mega doeses of dmt so i feel invincible when it comes to tripping....

it took twenty years before I could look a bottle of honey in the eye!
Ahaha thanks for the advice.. in my mind i was looking forward to something to make me trip that didnt taste shite... oh well..
Brilliant advice thanks for sharing, i have much more of an idea what to expect now..

I had more fun on fresh peyote than on any other drug. Ever. Ever.
This is encouraging.. i have the best nights of my life on shrooms so im really looking forward to this... amd having more energy will be nice.. a take such large shroom doses that it kinda incapacitates me... fully mental visuals though...

@Squiby I half expected you to own one.. not as a drug, just as a cool plant... same with @momofthegoons...
Although not sure if legal there.. id post you cuttings in future if you want..

Havent done shrooms in a while.. since falling off scaffold actually.. im not comfortable tripping with broken bones and being in pain...
Shame i really want a big one...

What a great description of your experiences @vonfatman ! It makes me yearn again for my younger years when I was more open to psychedelic adventures.
Never too late... get some shrooms...
I find it really puts the world and all its current bullshit into perspective..
Its only a simulation anyway right..... :rofl:

In my mind i was looking forward to something to make me trip that didnt taste shite... oh well..
Well, there is acid... though it's a much more gritty high.

Never too late... get some shrooms...
I find it really puts the world and all its current bullshit into perspective..
Haha! I've had lots of mushrooms in my day. LOVED them! I think I've had more good, no, great times on mushrooms, laughing my head off, than any other drug. Fun times!!

1679407897497.png

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back