Sponsored by

PuffItUp Dynavap VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Psychoactive Herbs (other than cannabis)

Squiby

Cool Kitty
Staff member
@ClearBlueLou I have been reading this thread and everyone's comments, including yours with interest. I used to make Fire Cider in the fall and took a daily shot, straight up, faithfully every morning as an immune stimulant and preventative. I haven't made it now for a few years. The horseradish was home grown and the rest of the ingredients were purchased oganics. The recipe I used was Rosemary Gladstar's who I believe was the originator of the concoction. It was strong stuff and it put a spring in my step! I'd start it the beginning of Sept and would begin taking a daily dose around the end of November. I kept the chopped up ingredients chunky. I like your blending approach to increase the extraction.

ClearBlueLou

I read an interview with Gladstar(?) and got the impression she merged several older, semi-traditional recipes, but however she came by it, I love the stuff. So much so, that after doing all that fresh reading, I was inspired to start a couple new jars of it - wasabi instead of horseradish - and discovered the local boondocks grocery actually had fresh turmeric root! So of course I had to drop some of that in...Aaand just finished the jars with green cardamom pods, fresh rosemary, stick cinnamon. Nice to be in the kitchen again for a minute.

Squiby

Cool Kitty
Staff member
She may well have, I'm just quoting from memory. The first I learned of Fire Cider was when I took an herbal medicine course from her, maybe 15 years ago. Herbalism is an old and ancient tradition and there are no new remedies, really, they are only adaptations. The one caveat is to choose ingredients that support your intent and whose medicinal qualities readily extract in vinegar.

Sponsored by

PuffItUp Dynavap VGoodiez 420EDC