Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Puffco Peak and Peak Pro

momofthegoons

Vapor Accessory Addict
Staff member
Puffco has a new product that they're launching; the Puffco Peak. Puffco makes my favorite wax pen and I really like their atomizer style. So this intrigues me a bit. It appears they used the same ceramic well design on it. Not sure that I would consider this a portable in the sense that I'd be out in public with it, but I can see the appeal for someone who wants a more portable unit around the house. I haven't seen a price mentioned anywhere and it's not up on their website yet.

From their Instagram feed:

Since 2013, we’ve been striving to create the best possible platform for concentrate consumption. The day has finally arrived where we set that standard higher than ever before. We’re pleased to announce the Puffco Peak, the first-ever smart rig. The apex of quality flavor, huge clouds and convenience, without compromising any of them. No torches, no hassle, just push a button and get the same exact experience you’re used to with a typical rig. 20 second average heat up times, cold loading ability to avoid frantic timing, and cup-holder friendly sizing are a few of the many details the Peak possesses. One of most radical changes is the Intelligent temperature calibration, which automatically adjusts heat based on its current temperature. This means the person you pass it to gets the same exact experience without having to change a thing, making group dab sessions practical. We climbed the mountain, and threw a ladder back down for others to come and enjoy the view. Welcome to the Peak. Reservations are first come first serve on January 15th, and shipments start in February.

And some other info I've found on it:

And a promo from Puffco. Gives you a good look at the atty.:

Well... the price has been released on this. It comes in at $379.99. Which puts it out of my price range. This is portable however..... and I can see the appeal of that.

I'm withholding further comment until someone has actually tried it and there's some feedback.

I'm withholding further comment until someone has actually tried it and there's some feedback.
That would be me.
The device has great flavor, and heats up superfast so you can always load your dab cold.
That is like the pens... except that this boasts a large cup to place the concentrate in, and is super easy to clean completely between dabs.
You clean it while still warm, with a swipe of a q-tip.

That would be me.
So Vito.... do you give it a thumb's up? :biggrin:

The shut off time seems a bit fast... would you have taken another hit if it had stayed on?

I will say it seems like a fun little unit. All the videos I saw from Champs of people trying it looked positive. I just wish the price would come down a bit. Perhaps once it's been around a while.

This looks very interesting! As above, the pricetag means that I couldn't personally justify the spend on purchasing one. I already have enails for days! :dog:

Looking at the video above, this looks like a very safe design for the atomizer section, which can be disassembled by the user. I want to pass on big kudos for that @Vinson Puffco.

This one also appears to actually maintain a set temp, rather than just running at a set voltage (which inevitably overheats your dab eventually) - this is great to see built into the unit! I would love to see digital control of temperature in 1 degree increments for something that costs this amount in future though.

The ergonomics, size and shape definitely appeal to me. So does that hardcase! Hardcases like that should be mandatory with vapes that include large glass pieces. The whole thing looks excellent! I would love to know more about the internal airpath between the bowl and the glass, since I'd be concerned that this section can get gunked up and may be difficult to clean. Otherwise, I think that this looks like a great design! It looks much better than all of those GE portable nail type things - that is for sure!

This looks very interesting! As above, the pricetag means that I couldn't personally justify the spend on purchasing one. I already have enails for days! :dog:

Looking at the video above, this looks like a very safe design for the atomizer section, which can be disassembled by the user. I want to pass on big kudos for that @Vinson Puffco.

This one also appears to actually maintain a set temp, rather than just running at a set voltage (which inevitably overheats your dab eventually) - this is great to see built into the unit! I would love to see digital control of temperature in 1 degree increments for something that costs this amount in future though.

The ergonomics, size and shape definitely appeal to me. So does that hardcase! Hardcases like that should be mandatory with vapes that include large glass pieces. The whole thing looks excellent! I would love to know more about the internal airpath between the bowl and the glass, since I'd be concerned that this section can get gunked up and may be difficult to clean. Otherwise, I think that this looks like a great design! It looks much better than all of those GE portable nail type things - that is for sure![/QUOTE]

I was skeptical like you of that same silicone airpath, but it's actually pretty minimal. The aesthetic shaping of the exterior gave me the impression that the vapor runs down and then up through the glass kuzel, but the path is actually just this short notch that only spans the small distance from the inlet in the atomizer cup to the glass attachment. Here's a photo with a light aimed at the cup to highlight the vapor path.

FB084943-3CC0-41D8-8A36-1CCADF80CEA6.jpeg

A review I did on the Peak for another site.

Puffco Peak.jpeg

This is a review of the Puffco Peak that I was loaned for a couple of days. I want to be very careful here as most reviews contain positive as well as negative comments. All of my comments are merely my opinion based on my values and priorities. I really do mean it when I often say we are many and varied and what may appeal to me may not be the same for others and vice versus. One man’s fine wine is another man’s poison. What I may find to be a shortfall, another may view it that I’m calling their favorite baby ugly. The last thing I want to do is to embarrass anybody about purchases that they are happy with. So, if you own a Peak, please do not take any comments personally (talking mostly about the cost discussion below). It’s just one person’s view and you are fully entitled to have a different view that is equally valid for YOU.

The Puffco Peak

So, I have used the Peak a few times now and find it to be a pretty decent product; mechanically, functionally, and aesthetically (we’ll talk financially a bit later).

Very Short story: it works very well in that it delivers good tasting and thick vapor from a dab and what more do you want?

Its small, seemingly well built, feels good to hand, and generates very tasty and pretty thick vapor on the “Green” temp which is 500 F. I haven’t found a need to go higher or lower on the temp as the sugared liver resin and crumble that I have vaped in it just works well at that temp. I carb capped it every time and suggest this to everyone with a Peak or a nail of any sort.

The Device - Mechanics

It feels like a pretty well made device but it’s not perfect. For example, it has yet another “it does it all” single button on the front and that button has a soft rubberized membrane that covers the actual button…this rubberized stuff may not last that long (but I may be wrong) and the button is in a kind of awkward spot for me.

The only indication you have as to mode state and function is a thin lighted strip that runs around the unit. This is the only way you can tell that it’s on, what temp it’s at, and if it’s in dab mode (heating), etc. The indications are not super clear but there really isn’t much to mess with on it and it didn’t take very long to get used to it.

Overall, it has a nice feel to hand and appears to be rather well built…feels pretty solid and fit/finish/symmetry on the one I used was quite good. It’s smaller than I would have thought, but after using it…it’s not too small and actually I see the size being a favorable factor for those who want an easy to hide enail type device.

The instructions said to fill the bubbler with water to just above the air holes and that’s what I did. I did not get much water in my mouth at all and really had to pull hard to get a drop or two. I have no problems with the bubbler. Now, you do have to fill it from the MP end and NOT get water in the middle/lower section. You can pour it in carefully right from the tap and get it right, but I just used a hobby syringe (bought a set on Amazon for cheap and they are very useful for vape cleaning and the like) and distilled water. It doesn’t take very much water at all to be right.

Big Pen or Small Enail

So, is it an enail or a pen type device? The working part of this device is much like a large size Source pen-type atomizers with a cup (think Source Orb 4/Nail and their cup atomizers). Specifically, there is a ceramic plate heater in the atomizer upon which a ceramic cup is rested and which functions as the dab surface. Also, it runs in a timed heat/cool cycle rather than keeping the dab surface hot like a more traditional enail. So, for me…while the performance is very enail like…I rather view this as a hybrid. In terms of mechanicals and degree of integration, it has a lot in common with high end pens. In terms of vape function and vapor, it’s very enail like.

The device is indeed a highly integrated package compared to a full enail rig (with glass, coil, controller, etc.). While not necessarily my cup of tea, it is exactly this high level of integration and ease of use that will enamor many med patients, particularly those with acute conditions looking for solid, hard hitting, enail type concentrate medication. Also, I’m sure that there are a bunch of rec patients, maybe older ones who really never got into the torched nail dab scene or younger ones with a family such that dabbing needs to be quick, easy, and the rig easily hidden away.

Also, the Peak looks nice on a table when you have company over and not like some sort of crack rig science experiment with a very hot exposed coil. I suppose you could manage to burn yourself with a Peak, but you would really have to work at it.

The Device – Operational Function

This is where the Peak seems more pen like than enail like to me. To operate it, you turn it on with a three second push of the button. Then set temps by pushing the button once each time to cycle through the temps (while watching the colors of the LED light strip). Then you put your dab in the ceramic cup, cap it, then press the button twice and it goes into heat mode which is indicated by a vibration and the LED light pulses. About 15-20 seconds heat up time and it vibrates again and then you start to draw and there is a timer that will shut it down. Double click the button again for more time.

I found myself actually drawing a bit before the unit vibrated as I could see my resin bubbling away in there. That is very different than a traditional enail where the dab surface is already up to temp and maintained there and you melt the dab off, cap, and then draw.

Because you have to put the concentrates in before starting the heat cycle, and it needs to be on the bottom of the cup and not wiped on the sides (per the manual) I believe that it may be difficult to impossible to get terp sauce or sticky rosin in there. With coil pen type atomizers, you can sort of just wipe the stuff onto the coil. With a true enail, just melt it off of your dabber. With the Peak, I believe you will want somewhat stable concentrates that you can just drop into the cup. Pull/snap, crumble or budda, hard shatter…that type of stuff will work better, I believe.

The Device – Vapor Function

As mentioned, I ran the Peak on “green” which is 500 degrees (but 500 degrees where…on the ceramic heater or the dab surface of the cup…I suspect the former and I suspect that there is no thermal couple in there and temp is maintained by temperature coefficient of resistance (TCR) which is how temp controlled pens work. I found no need to go hotter, personally.

When starting to draw a few seconds before the Peak hit full temp, the first draw in each session was just ok….very tasty but not thick. Second and third draw was killer and very tasty. Number of draws you get depends on how much you load and how hard you want to push it but I was getting the startup draw and then two really good draws from it before q-tipping. When I tried to get a 4th draw, it wasn’t really was worth it.

When I waited until the “at temp” vibration, I got two really nice draws and really nothing if I tried a third draw.

Again, number of draws depends on how much you put in but there really is a reasonable limit to a good dab size. Grain of rice or BB size still works for me. Can you fit more in there…yeah, but why? Later draws don’t taste as good as early ones, too big a dab and it may not melt thinly and evenly across the dab surface, and you will just create more reclaim and splatter if too much is loaded.

I definitely recommend capping it. You could see that in Bud’s LS…as soon as he dropped the cap on the vapor milked. I always recommend capping as its much better performance for really very little additional cost or effort.

Q-tipping worked quite well. The ceramic of the cup seems very smooth and not very porous. If q-tipped immediately when hot, it all sops up very easily and leaves a pretty dang clean cup. (Note, with a bit more use, it is getting stained a bit but I should think that would be expected)

The Cost

Well, here is where the issue is for me…it’s expensive, IMO, for what you get. The Peak is $380.

Meanwhile, for my full up D-nail slim line with the SiC Halo with flat coil and Ti carb cap w-forked dabber/handle...the full monty...and it was $260. Auber RDK-300 w/o coil is $99 so now up to $360. Would be even a bit less if I bought the coil from Auber with the controller rather than from D-nail with the nail. Add in a $40 DHGate water pipe and you are up to $400. So, while I can see the attraction of a nice shrink wrapped packaging of the Peak, for many users, its price may reasonably stop many from wanting this device.

Summary

Wow, a lot of words to say that it’s a well-functioning device, its “shrink wrapped” in terms of integration and overall mechanical design and that will appeal to many. I predict that as MJ goes even more mainstream, we will see more vapes be slickly packaged like the Peak and be more kitchen appliance like in general. But the Peak is pricey and will not supplant a true enail for the diehard dabbing aficionado.

A review I did on the Peak for another site.

View attachment 3124

This is a review of the Puffco Peak that I was loaned for a couple of days. I want to be very careful here as most reviews contain positive as well as negative comments. All of my comments are merely my opinion based on my values and priorities. I really do mean it when I often say we are many and varied and what may appeal to me may not be the same for others and vice versus. One man’s fine wine is another man’s poison. What I may find to be a shortfall, another may view it that I’m calling their favorite baby ugly. The last thing I want to do is to embarrass anybody about purchases that they are happy with. So, if you own a Peak, please do not take any comments personally (talking mostly about the cost discussion below). It’s just one person’s view and you are fully entitled to have a different view that is equally valid for YOU.

The Puffco Peak

So, I have used the Peak a few times now and find it to be a pretty decent product; mechanically, functionally, and aesthetically (we’ll talk financially a bit later).

Very Short story: it works very well in that it delivers good tasting and thick vapor from a dab and what more do you want?

Its small, seemingly well built, feels good to hand, and generates very tasty and pretty thick vapor on the “Green” temp which is 500 F. I haven’t found a need to go higher or lower on the temp as the sugared liver resin and crumble that I have vaped in it just works well at that temp. I carb capped it every time and suggest this to everyone with a Peak or a nail of any sort.

The Device - Mechanics

It feels like a pretty well made device but it’s not perfect. For example, it has yet another “it does it all” single button on the front and that button has a soft rubberized membrane that covers the actual button…this rubberized stuff may not last that long (but I may be wrong) and the button is in a kind of awkward spot for me.

The only indication you have as to mode state and function is a thin lighted strip that runs around the unit. This is the only way you can tell that it’s on, what temp it’s at, and if it’s in dab mode (heating), etc. The indications are not super clear but there really isn’t much to mess with on it and it didn’t take very long to get used to it.

Overall, it has a nice feel to hand and appears to be rather well built…feels pretty solid and fit/finish/symmetry on the one I used was quite good. It’s smaller than I would have thought, but after using it…it’s not too small and actually I see the size being a favorable factor for those who want an easy to hide enail type device.

The instructions said to fill the bubbler with water to just above the air holes and that’s what I did. I did not get much water in my mouth at all and really had to pull hard to get a drop or two. I have no problems with the bubbler. Now, you do have to fill it from the MP end and NOT get water in the middle/lower section. You can pour it in carefully right from the tap and get it right, but I just used a hobby syringe (bought a set on Amazon for cheap and they are very useful for vape cleaning and the like) and distilled water. It doesn’t take very much water at all to be right.

Big Pen or Small Enail

So, is it an enail or a pen type device? The working part of this device is much like a large size Source pen-type atomizers with a cup (think Source Orb 4/Nail and their cup atomizers). Specifically, there is a ceramic plate heater in the atomizer upon which a ceramic cup is rested and which functions as the dab surface. Also, it runs in a timed heat/cool cycle rather than keeping the dab surface hot like a more traditional enail. So, for me…while the performance is very enail like…I rather view this as a hybrid. In terms of mechanicals and degree of integration, it has a lot in common with high end pens. In terms of vape function and vapor, it’s very enail like.

The device is indeed a highly integrated package compared to a full enail rig (with glass, coil, controller, etc.). While not necessarily my cup of tea, it is exactly this high level of integration and ease of use that will enamor many med patients, particularly those with acute conditions looking for solid, hard hitting, enail type concentrate medication. Also, I’m sure that there are a bunch of rec patients, maybe older ones who really never got into the torched nail dab scene or younger ones with a family such that dabbing needs to be quick, easy, and the rig easily hidden away.

Also, the Peak looks nice on a table when you have company over and not like some sort of crack rig science experiment with a very hot exposed coil. I suppose you could manage to burn yourself with a Peak, but you would really have to work at it.

The Device – Operational Function

This is where the Peak seems more pen like than enail like to me. To operate it, you turn it on with a three second push of the button. Then set temps by pushing the button once each time to cycle through the temps (while watching the colors of the LED light strip). Then you put your dab in the ceramic cup, cap it, then press the button twice and it goes into heat mode which is indicated by a vibration and the LED light pulses. About 15-20 seconds heat up time and it vibrates again and then you start to draw and there is a timer that will shut it down. Double click the button again for more time.

I found myself actually drawing a bit before the unit vibrated as I could see my resin bubbling away in there. That is very different than a traditional enail where the dab surface is already up to temp and maintained there and you melt the dab off, cap, and then draw.

Because you have to put the concentrates in before starting the heat cycle, and it needs to be on the bottom of the cup and not wiped on the sides (per the manual) I believe that it may be difficult to impossible to get terp sauce or sticky rosin in there. With coil pen type atomizers, you can sort of just wipe the stuff onto the coil. With a true enail, just melt it off of your dabber. With the Peak, I believe you will want somewhat stable concentrates that you can just drop into the cup. Pull/snap, crumble or budda, hard shatter…that type of stuff will work better, I believe.

The Device – Vapor Function

As mentioned, I ran the Peak on “green” which is 500 degrees (but 500 degrees where…on the ceramic heater or the dab surface of the cup…I suspect the former and I suspect that there is no thermal couple in there and temp is maintained by temperature coefficient of resistance (TCR) which is how temp controlled pens work. I found no need to go hotter, personally.

When starting to draw a few seconds before the Peak hit full temp, the first draw in each session was just ok….very tasty but not thick. Second and third draw was killer and very tasty. Number of draws you get depends on how much you load and how hard you want to push it but I was getting the startup draw and then two really good draws from it before q-tipping. When I tried to get a 4th draw, it wasn’t really was worth it.

When I waited until the “at temp” vibration, I got two really nice draws and really nothing if I tried a third draw.

Again, number of draws depends on how much you put in but there really is a reasonable limit to a good dab size. Grain of rice or BB size still works for me. Can you fit more in there…yeah, but why? Later draws don’t taste as good as early ones, too big a dab and it may not melt thinly and evenly across the dab surface, and you will just create more reclaim and splatter if too much is loaded.

I definitely recommend capping it. You could see that in Bud’s LS…as soon as he dropped the cap on the vapor milked. I always recommend capping as its much better performance for really very little additional cost or effort.

Q-tipping worked quite well. The ceramic of the cup seems very smooth and not very porous. If q-tipped immediately when hot, it all sops up very easily and leaves a pretty dang clean cup. (Note, with a bit more use, it is getting stained a bit but I should think that would be expected)

The Cost

Well, here is where the issue is for me…it’s expensive, IMO, for what you get. The Peak is $380.

Meanwhile, for my full up D-nail slim line with the SiC Halo with flat coil and Ti carb cap w-forked dabber/handle...the full monty...and it was $260. Auber RDK-300 w/o coil is $99 so now up to $360. Would be even a bit less if I bought the coil from Auber with the controller rather than from D-nail with the nail. Add in a $40 DHGate water pipe and you are up to $400. So, while I can see the attraction of a nice shrink wrapped packaging of the Peak, for many users, its price may reasonably stop many from wanting this device.

Summary

Wow, a lot of words to say that it’s a well-functioning device, its “shrink wrapped” in terms of integration and overall mechanical design and that will appeal to many. I predict that as MJ goes even more mainstream, we will see more vapes be slickly packaged like the Peak and be more kitchen appliance like in general. But the Peak is pricey and will not supplant a true enail for the diehard dabbing aficionado.
Excellent review my friend! I really agree with your points about pricing.

One thing that stands out to me here is that whilst the Peak is an all in one offering (your rig and vaporizer are providing all together in one package), I have read in that other forum where I used to post that a number of users have experienced one, or even multiple failures of the heater in their Puffco peak. This should not be surprising, and this is not necessarily an indictment of Puffco: We gotta be real here, pen style heaters are just not generally as durable and reliable as enail style heaters. My source nail atomizers died within minutes/days of use respectively!

However, by comparison, an enail setup and rig (which can be had cheaper, as you pointed out) is generally very reliable and will not have problems in the foreseeable future. Even the heaters, a consumable item, do not require frequent replacement at all. I've used the same enail coil for 3+ years in some cases!

I can appreciate that from a cursory marketing point of view, initially one may think that it is fair to price the Peak similarly to an entire enail + dab rig combo since the Peak is an all in one device. However, frankly, it is not reasonable from my consumer's perspective to spend that amount of money unless the product in question provides similar reliability and durability to those comparably priced enail + rig setups.

I think that the Peak looks wonderful, it is legitimately a new product that fills an important niche - we might expect the first gen of such a product to be a bit unreasonably expensive. However, I hope that future iterations will reduce the price or at least improve reliability to be comparable to similarly priced enail products. :twocents:

umber of users have experienced one, or even multiple failures of the heater in their Puffco peak.

Absolutely so...its is just a larger ceramic plate heater element in there...but they did make the atomizer section owner replaceable (for...maybe $40!! :yikes: LOL)

I have not heard of failures but really don't know that many people with the Peak (yet?).

I hope that future iterations will reduce the price or at least improve reliability to be comparable to similarly priced enail products.

Yep, when Braun, Black and Decker, and Mr Coffee get into the business we will see prices come down significantly on this type of integrated appliance. Now, whether I live long enough to see that is another story! haha

Hey guys, I finally got my hands on a Peak. I have to say, this is one of the most impressive vapes I've seen. I has 4 temp settings, blue (coldest), green (medium), red (high), and white (hell). I have issues dabbing at time because it hurts. I end up hacking andd choking and by the time I;m ready to hit again everything in my banger is burnt. For that reason I stick with blue. After it's initial charge (2hrs) it's honestly as simple as this.

• Fill and mount water filter.
  • Place material into the ceramic bowl. (My dabs are typically the size of a pen tip.
  • Place quartz cap over your bowl.
  • Click the only button on the device twice. And after about 20 seconds the unit will lightly vibrate letting it know your meds are ready.
  • Inhale until vapor stops!
Seriously, thats it! I let mine charge while I sleep and that gets me an entire day without a plug. I've also learned that the unit can be used while plugged in as well.

A couple things to keep in mind. That single dab gets me about 4 to 5 hits on each dab. Half way through your initial draw you'll fell a light vibration. This is to let you know that the heater unit has turned itself off. This is why between that initial draw and the last bit of vapor taste the same. Now of course there's maintenence, qtip the bowl after each use and when need be you'll have relace the atomizer.

I know the price tag is a much, it is for all us. But look for sales and specials because this ones a keeper. Easiest session I've ever had.

Oh and btw, numerous glass are already making glass adapters for the peak. I've even seen quartz and ruby inserts.

Hey guys, I finally got my hands on a Peak. I have to say, this is one of the most impressive vapes I've seen. I has 4 temp settings, blue (coldest), green (medium), red (high), and white (hell). I have issues dabbing at time because it hurts. I end up hacking andd choking and by the time I;m ready to hit again everything in my banger is burnt. For that reason I stick with blue. After it's initial charge (2hrs) it's honestly as simple as this.

• Fill and mount water filter.
  • Place material into the ceramic bowl. (My dabs are typically the size of a pen tip.
  • Place quartz cap over your bowl.
  • Click the only button on the device twice. And after about 20 seconds the unit will lightly vibrate letting it know your meds are ready.
  • Inhale until vapor stops!
Seriously, thats it! I let mine charge while I sleep and that gets me an entire day without a plug. I've also learned that the unit can be used while plugged in as well.
Excellent to hear feedback from you here bro - I hope that you are yours are very well!

It is good to hear that the unit can be used while charging too! I wonder, have you tried to use it while charging when the battery is flat btw? If that is possible, that is impressive in something that uses USB charging!

The device sounds very straightforward to use and I think that this form factor is going to make dabbing more accessible to a lot of people.

A couple things to keep in mind. That single dab gets me about 4 to 5 hits on each dab. Half way through your initial draw you'll fell a light vibration. This is to let you know that the heater unit has turned itself off. This is why between that initial draw and the last bit of vapor taste the same.
This is a compromise that I'd be happy to accept, if the dab takes a little longer to finish, I'm cool with that so long as the flavor remains great. Sounds like it ticks those boxes! :biggrin:

I know the price tag is a much, it is for all us. But look for sales and specials because this ones a keeper. Easiest session I've ever had.
I will keep an eye out for specials no doubt, I'd love the chance to check this unit out and the price issue is the only thing that could possibly stop me from doing so :weed:

Oh and btw, numerous glass are already making glass adapters for the peak. I've even seen quartz and ruby inserts.
I've noticed this too, I hear there are SiC inserts that also work apparently! Although I did read that YMMV when using these inserts, additional heat-up time etc can be required due to the thermal properties of the different materials. Still, I'm so pleased to hear that we are now getting dab portables that allow us to use truly next-gen materials like SiC and ruby :biggrin::weed: Even if this vape ends up having a limited appeal at first due to the price, I think that this is the start of a positive development in vaporizers in the long run. I could imagine most people who dab using units like this in the future. :twocents:

Absolutely so...its is just a larger ceramic plate heater element in there...but they did make the atomizer section owner replaceable (for...maybe $40!! :yikes: LOL)

I have not heard of failures but really don't know that many people with the Peak (yet?).

Yep, when Braun, Black and Decker, and Mr Coffee get into the business we will see prices come down significantly on this type of integrated appliance. Now, whether I live long enough to see that is another story! haha
I am glad that they did make this component replaceable, I must say! I do think that I would probably end up checking out these after market dishes if I ended up getting one in any case - it'd be wonderful to get a SiC dish for it!

I passed my unit along to another patient.
I had never used other than the original cup... never even had tried the extra cup they send.
The patient that now owns the unit has had it over two weeks, and has also not yet used the spare ceramic cup.
He uses the peak more often than I did, as his main tool, and reports that he is still very happy with it's performance.

Well folks... it sure didn't take long for this to happen. Buyer be educated; there's counterfeits out there.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...ml?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.1.1e3513c0iYiiyY
I would imagine a counterfeit is going to be just about as good as the real thing conaidering the Peak is made in China. Its probably the same manufacturer even. The device itself is rather simple. Its a ceramic plate heated by 4 different algorithms that could easily be replicated. I would rather buy direct from Puffco, however they have a price range that does not match the production costs of their product. They must have a 200% mark up or more with the asking price. Its like the Puffco Plus. It really only costs about $15 to make one complete device. You used to be able to buy clones of the Plus atty at close to cost at The Moon (a LHS in DC) until they stopped making them.

. Its probably the same manufacturer even.
The glassblower that put this information up is on Instagram and goes by the name of boro_mojo. He implied that it was the same factory.

When the Peak first came out I thought it was a bit expensive. If a counterfeit can be made of it, even if it uses cheaper materials, and sold for this much lower it stands to reason that the profit margin is pretty large for Puffco.

Perhaps as in the case of the Fury 2... the unit is sold non exclusively to buyers....
Healthy Rips was first to market the Fury 2, but they did not pay for exclusivity.
Perhaps this is the case with Puffco Peak, and they are inviting all comers to the party, if they buy enough.

Been quiet on this thread so I will put all my Puffco results here, starting with my new Puffco Hot Knife.
It is great for cold loading my Puffco Peak Pro, I will still use my normal Ti dabber for my eNail...for now.
I have been scraping up a dab with the hot knife cold and working the dab to the sharp tip of the knife by scraping on the side of my dab container so there is as small an amount of rosin to melt off as possible as there is always a tiny smear left on the ceramic.
I will then pulse the button when over the bowl to get as little heat as needed to get the rosin to fall off, the tiny bit left is then squeegeed off on the side of my silicon container. That smear is easily picked up when cool by my Ti dabber next hot hit time.
The ceramic is a bit rough when new so this may get easier for the rosin to slip off as it gets smoothed with use over time similar to the stock atty in the Peak Pro.
This stuff is not too bad to get off a dab stick compared to some fresh stuff I have pressed but it is still a pain without the Hotknife!
1636173258924.jpg

I also received the Ball Cap directional carb and this is a great upgrade to the Ocular that comes standard, the Ocular was great for watching the dab sizzle but it adds a lot of restriction compared to the Ball Cap.
I also received the Travel Pack mainly for the angled exhaust stack,
1636256375589.jpg

Now I just wish the couple of bongs I have on order for it will show up soon...only been 6 weeks coming from China!

My Puffco Peak Pro developed a fault and died after a road trip (Aussie corrugated roads strike again).
The local seller has advised Puffco are no longer posting to Australia...even distributors so I was left with a credit or offered a Switch as a replacement. I went with a credit as I have a lot of Peak accessories.
I managed to find a seller in the US that had more than reasonable shipping terms...US$25!
Got it here with a 20% coupon code... peak20
These guys are good to deal with as I got my ball cap, travel pack and hot knife from them a few weeks ago (also $25 freight)

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back