Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Puffco Peak and Peak Pro

My new Peak Pro arrived yesterday and it has blown me away again with its great taste and ease of use (once my wife got the app working g for me again).
I will say I had a bit of a scare when I first connected the app the unit wanted to do the firmware update that heard had 'bricked' a few units but was reassured that it would have been user error for problems by people being impatient and not waiting for the update to complete...I left my phone and the PPP alone only to hear 5 mins later an alert. I followed all the app screen prompts but it kept error messaging.
In the end, after much cursing, I managed to get it to pair again after dismissing the unit from my paired devices before starting again...phew!
As a bonus, I can now triple-click for 'Disco Mode'
Been rocking my recycler today and am very surprised how well it conditions the vapor,
1639824337700.jpg

Sorry the pic is as blurry as my vision...function videos before long... a new ball rig to try on it too. :thumbsup:

A new 3d JCVap ICA will soon be available with Ti, ruby, or ALN inserts...looks interesting,

I might try an ALN next sale!

IMG_20220307_161856.jpg

I finally gave the atomizer a proper soak clean, the pic was just before the cleaning, still looked good but there was a lot of buildup inside the contact area.
Easy rosin rig to live with...but I do seem to consume more with this device as it is so easy/nice to use...time for some more glass for it.

My unit has not worked properly since my first/last update (I have to use a dodgy 3rd party app due to Puffco's planet America business plan). The LEDs do not change colour properly anymore (just flicker white), the wireless charging stops working and the worst is the Low setting starts counting down as soon as you start the session instead of heating up first. The led colour farting and wireless charger both sometimes come right after a 20 second button hold reset but the short blue timer does not.
That said stealth mode gives me back my colors to know what temp I am on without the app going and I just do not use the blue setting.
I now have 2062 dabs on my OG atty and may try the recommended 2000 dab service,

Update
Expensive 3D chamber does not work and gives the red white red white flash
The GRIFT goes on
The regular chamber works and it looks like I'm in for a fight as puffco has a bad rep on reddit
Have to decide if I'm just gonna pack the whole thing up and send it back
Wondering if its too late to cancel cannabis hardware

Waste of time and money
I dread communicating with these people
Regret every time
This industry needs heavy regulation

These bundles might be a way to move junk

Avoid the 3D chamber in the peak pro

Might be a firmware update which means using the app which means it goes back
Tired of data mining and shit that does not work

Last edited:
Ok
After having my ass handed to me on reddit I did the firmware update and....
Disregard everything I wrote above except for the arrival information
It works very well

I took a few liberties as this thread is already dated

Your gear should not be dependent on a firmware update
That's what sets me off
The app is neat and puffco is a data mining machine
The TOS and information gathering is truly frightening
IMG_20221129_231131.jpg

Your gear should not be dependent on a firmware update
At least you can, my PPP is unable to be used without the app and Puffco do not recognise Australia as we are not allowed to download the app from Google Play, we have to sideload some APK shit and work from there.
Glad I got my Pockety so I don't have to worry about the PPP dying completely anymore.

At least you can, my PPP is unable to be used without the app and Puffco do not recognise Australia as we are not allowed to download the app from Google Play, we have to sideload some APK shit and work from there.
Glad I got my Pockety so I don't have to worry about the PPP dying completely anymore.

You folks are from this planet right?
We've heard rumors about Australia being out there but that's ridiculous
I know its probably some regional proprietary issue that makes no sense but it should not be a hard fix
Did I tell you about the time I upgraded the firmware in my tv and knocked out my game deck and receiver
Took weeks for the patch, it would not recognize any device except the cable

Lets state this clearly
You cannot use your (medical) device because of a software glitch
Puffco needs better leadership
They are like Yocan, decent products but horrible customer service and corporate behavior by some people running a business out of their garage
I jest of course...... I hope

You cannot use your (medical) device because of a software glitch
I hope that is all.
but it should not be a hard fix
For some pimply-faced teenagers maybe:biggrin:
An Aussie vape site have the App that can be side loaded via an APK which is what I did to be able to customise the rig. My APK App would not let me create a Puffco Connect account but it worked well until it tried to firmware update on me for the 3d bowl that I never owned.:disgust:
As said, this was my second 'Trailer Queen' PPP and am just glad to have a Pockety. Might sell the PPP for parts with 2x extra bubblers etc.

I hope that is all.

For some pimply-faced teenagers maybe:biggrin:
An Aussie vape site have the App that can be side loaded via an APK which is what I did to be able to customise the rig. My APK App would not let me create a Puffco Connect account but it worked well until it tried to firmware update on me for the 3d bowl that I never owned.:disgust:
As said, this was my second 'Trailer Queen' PPP and am just glad to have a Pockety. Might sell the PPP for parts with 2x extra bubblers etc.

I'm still confused by the regional lockout of an app
If software updates are part of life now then blocking access, for any reason, is bad business
Above all it should be illegal for companies to sell products that can be made inoperable if software updates are needed
Its like they try to make things difficult
R&D is going downhill

Its like they try to make things difficult
R&D is going downhill
A lot of Aussie vape shops have stopped selling the unit due to the problems just as MMJ is becoming widely available, still a small market. I am not sure about how other regions with higher populations get on.

After going through the usual BS of trying to remember why I'm using my phone to run my vaporizer and then blasting myself getting reacquainted with how it works I have come down enough to ask.....can you use a 3mm ruby in the 3-D chamber of a Puffco peak pro?
Have this need to watch Tex Avery cartoons!

IMG_20230303_174002.jpgIMG_20230303_174008.jpgIMG_20230303_174018.jpgIMG_20230303_174035.jpg

Used a 3mm ruby and a cap that came with some gear
Switched out the 3-D chamber for the regular one to make sure I didn't damage the expensive chamber
Makes a big difference
See if I can find a mini spinner cap

...this brings joy back to "portable" dabbing... Waiting on a 3D chamber to try, but outta the box this thing rocks...

PXL_20230504_234859358.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL~2.jpg

...I got for my gf but have taken it over lol... She likes it cuz it's easy to use and "it just works" (no learning curve bs)...

... As of now maintenance wise I'm quite shocked how little there is for cleanup... We are heavy users and don't skimp on dab size and I couldn't believe how little buildup there is between the chamber and glass piece...

I miss the bubbler/feel of my unit. I may take it to a local phone geek shop and see if they can get around the Puffco...'fuck off Australians' policy that caused the stupid side-loaded app I have to do a partial firmware update before it was shut down by Puffco and pretty well rooted all the lights and now only 3 preset temps :uhoh:
I might just cut my losses and sell it for parts along with the extra glass/attys etc to put toward a Proxy...no bloody app to muck things up.:thumbsup:

... i havnt used the app yet and probably wont, would be to only update firmware... i dont have the dock so not sure if i can (it says you can connect via bluetooth through the docking station- if so, that's super lame but meh)... that a future thing... maybe lol...

...my gf got a proxy too and its also sick... i like the proxy concept better (being more modular if you are into after market shit).. we had the proxy first,
i'm preferring the peak pro(normal chamber) over the proxy so far... think im getting a peak 3d chamber to test out tonight :ko:

...the only thing so far i think BOTH units need to come with are covers/plugs for the usb port :twocents:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back