Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Puffco Proxy

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Nice review, like most the only downside, is the price.

I've noticed some glassblowers on IG making glass for the Proxy lately:

These are dry attachments... not for water.

By Brown glass:

And by Rick Bird Barry:

Troy likes it, also mentions the price being a thing - which he doesn't say about the mighty at the same price

Then this guy seems to think it's okay but not better than others or worth the money unless you have it spare
He does just rush in though and not learn the device
Says his pro or the Carta 2 is better
Roadside review....lol

And this guy says that a number of people have issues getting good dabs
He shows how he uses it with a double heat up time to get clouds
So some are not getting results from factory instructions maybe?
Or there is a learning curve or just some people are new to dabs?
We shouldn't have to mod our use to get a unit to work though from factory settings - we do modding or draw styles etc as enhancers or to optimise usually
A unit should work as per instructions though without us guessing

This guy says he likes it and it's good
But then says it should have come with a full 3d chamber and that it has puddle issues as a result and has some things that should have been addressed pre release
It looks very dirty when he accidentally goes to open the atty too

A back to back with the pro
Not sure why he looks like he has to manhandle his pro though hahaa

I've been vassed by this for a while
Almost cancelled my pre order versa go a few times to get one
But now I'm going to look for some more user feedback first

Last edited:
Not really my thing but I know some will like,

There's lots of aftermarket makers for the proxy out there
It was part of the marketing campaign
They gave the measurements out before release and now have a competition "everything's a pipe" getting people to use all sorts of things

Some of the glass has been nice designs
Others not so much
Im less vassed by this now than I was prior
The money put into marketing, ad campaigns, Forbes magazine and other publications etc etc etc could have been better spent lowering the cost of the unit and making any necessary improvements

It still looks nice and the pipe format is cool
One to watch and see if sales or price drops ever happen
Not something I  need to have right now though

Last edited:

Do the temp settings seem accurate on your Proxy? Mine seemed too cool so I tried the cotton singe test (should turn light gold after 10 seconds at 470 degrees Fahrenheit) and got nothing on Blue which should be 490. So I checked by adding some table sugar (melts at 367 degrees Fahrenheit): had to bump up to green (510) to get it to start melting. i know there’s no coils in the bottom, but is there a 150 degree difference? [But even if there is, the cotton against the chamber sides didn’t singe either.]. Have I got a bad unit or is this normal for the Proxy?

Do the temp settings seem accurate on your Proxy? Mine seemed too cool so I tried the cotton singe test (should turn light gold after 10 seconds at 470 degrees Fahrenheit) and got nothing on Blue which should be 490. So I checked by adding some table sugar (melts at 367 degrees Fahrenheit): had to bump up to green (510) to get it to start melting. i know there’s no coils in the bottom, but is there a 150 degree difference? [But even if there is, the cotton against the chamber sides didn’t singe either.]. Have I got a bad unit or is this normal for the Proxy?
I'm not sure if you have a bad unit or not... but it would appear you aren't the only one having issues with temp. In @felvapes post above a user in one of the vids indicated he was having a hard time with dabs and had to double heat for good results. Perhaps trying that might help boost your temps?

Peoples thoughts on running 3mm rubies in their puffco products
My peak pro needs it but they were not designed for it

These devices take time to get right
My Lynx took several months to get my technique down
So temperature accuracy has to be a priority

Last edited:
Groot,
1690769893661.png

1690769990038.png

The above are more than just good looking, a lot of thought has gone into making a product that will last, from the maker,
"I have received several requests for pipes for the Proxy. I had concerns that a whole large enough to accommodate the Proxy might be susceptible to some sort of movement/warping impacting the roundness and therefore the airtight seal. The requests kept coming, so I gave it some more thought. I now have a solution i believe in. These devices feature a Grade2 Titanium ring permanently inserted into the top of the bowl to ensure a perfect seal forever." and "suggest we work together on a commission if you are interested in a Proxy Pipe."
Just what I needed, another reason to get a Proxy as a wooden Gandalf pipe would be hard not to get made!

Handy upgrade,

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back