Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Meds Purple Haze

Riverrat

Can any one tell me the year it came about ?

Its always been a favorite of mine. A local fella back home grows it. At first I didn't think it was PH but didn't really care at the time because it worked well for me. With his permission I sent some to Colorado for testing. Turns out the Humulene & other terpenes fit Purple Haze.... This stuff affects me differently than others who've used it. I'm lovin it.

I miss my son & dog. Coming here has been good for me.

According to Leafly.com....

Popularized by Jimi Hendrix’s 1967 classic, Purple Haze delivers a dreamy burst of euphoria that brings veteran consumers back to their psychedelic heyday. This nostalgic sativa staple remains cherished for its high energy cerebral stimulation that awakens creativity and blissful contentment throughout the day. Purple Haze is believed to have descended from parent strains Purple Thai and Haze, which pass on a mix of sweet and earthy flavors underscored by notes of berry and sharp spice. Purple Haze buds typically acquire vibrant hues of lavender that further justify the naming of this strain.

So I'm guessing this strain has been around since the 60's. Sounds like a fun strain; although I'm not usually a Sativa gal. But hey.... 'euphoria' and 'blissful contentment' sound pretty damn good about now lol.... I see it's being offered at a couple of the local dispensaries. Might be worth a look...

I miss my son & dog. Coming here has been good for me.
I'm glad you've found some 'company' here. :smile:

Like to add Purple Haze is one of the reasons I dont believe THC levels are the final say regarding quality & level of high achieved. Levels are low in comparison to other strains. Find I use much less of it . However its a hard thing comparing the affects of PH to some potent Hybrids being they are so different.

Just as I'm not to fond of Gorilla Glue this strain along with other Sativas wont work well for everybody.

Like to add Purple Haze is one of the reasons I dont believe THC levels are the final say regarding quality & level of high achieved. Levels are low in comparison to other strains. Find I use much less of it . However its a hard thing comparing the affects of PH to some potent Hybrids being they are so different.

Just as I'm not to fond of Gorilla Glue this strain along with other Sativas wont work well for everybody.

Not to hijack your thread, but for kicks try obtaining it from a different source and seeing how it compares. Your local guy probably puts more TLC into his grow and what he passes on to his best customers (no Schnickelfritz for you)

Living in a rec state, I've noticed vast differences between vendors purveying the same strains. Even different batches of the same strain have different lab results as well. You'd think commercially grown stuff would be consistent, but it's not. It's all good tho.

I purchased a few old school strains this summer post outdoor grow season. It's been fun. JH, WW....& lots of stuff off the shelf I've never even heard of.

Verano does purple right. Love the G Purps variety in particular.

From Reddit -

This strain contains purple punch in it's lineage and that is apropos as the aroma punches you right in the face when you open the jar. Herbaceous grape notes lead with a creamy fuel undercurrent that stings the nostrils on the finish. The smell is very well balanced and complex but very enjoyable.

I started dabbling in marijuana in the 80's and never encountered anything similar to it - in terms of color, smell or most importantly effects. But I'm not from the West Coast.

And I found this -

Granddaddy Purple (aka Grand Daddy Purps) is one of the most popular Indica strains on the west coast and is perhaps the most well known 'purple' cannabis strain in the US.
Created back in 2003 by Ken Estes in the San Francisco Bay Area, Ken and his team sought out to create the ultimate Indica hybrid by merging two strains with fantastic genetics - Purple Urkle and Big Bud. The product of these two, Grand Daddy Purple, is a spitting image of it's parents' two best qualities - the deep and dark purple hue from Purple Urkle and the overgrown, dense buds of Big Bud. The dark purple buds blend well with the bright orange hairs and frosted white trichomes that generously cover the bud making it an extremely photogenic strain

-https://www.wikileaf.com/strain/grand-daddy-purple/

Last edited:

@Basement Farmer, no highjack at all. Fella that grows back home is autistic. It's a wonderful story on its own. He & his mom have become good friends of mine. He always has a grow experiment going on, however he just does all the basic things very well​

That great that he found his niche.

A lot of people on the spectrum seem to have the gifts, abilities and focus to be very productive at such things. Be it visual, auditory or in this case, growing beautiful flowers.

Growing is probably a better option way to bring income into the household than paintings too.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back