Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy R.I.P

Alto Reed, longtime saxophone player with Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band, dies at 72

edb5e6d88e9ac5ebe9ad6ce2e917ac81.jpg

In memory of all of them...
from all of us still here
in this fleeting moment called now

170px-Yvoire_cadran_solaire.jpg

Curious if many people die from lung cancer at 44? I never liked the show so I wasn’t that familiar with the actor. I wonder if he was a heavy smoker or just was an unlucky person. I know people get lung cancer other reasons than smoking. So young!

I wonder if he was a heavy smoker or just was an unlucky person. I know people get lung cancer other reasons than smoking.

‘But I never smoked’: A growing share of lung cancer cases is turning up in an unexpected population

By SHARON BEGLEY
JANUARY 26, 2021

...Cigarette smoking is still the single greatest cause of lung cancer, which is why screening recommendations apply only to current and former smokers and why 84% of U.S. women and 90% of U.S. men with a new diagnosis of lung cancer have ever smoked, according to a study published in December in JAMA Oncology. Still, 12% of U.S. lung cancer patients are never-smokers.

Scientists disagree on whether the absolute number of such patients is increasing, but the proportion who are never-smokers clearly is. Doctors and public health experts have been slow to recognize this trend, however, and now there is growing pressure to understand how never-smokers’ disease differs from that of smokers, and to review whether screening guidelines need revision...

The author, who never smoked, died of lung cancer a few days after completing this article.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back