Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy R.I.P

U.S. hemp plastics innovator Mark Linday passes awaymark-linday-obit.png

Friends and colleagues started flooding social media late this week upon hearing of the passing of U.S. hemp innovator Mark Linday, founder of Green Spring Technologies, Fort Worth, Texas.

Linday started Green Spring, a sustainable technologies company focused on renewable resources, in 2014 after becoming interested in the potential for hemp fiber bio-composites. The company develops everyday items from hemp-based plastics.

Inking of the Farm Bill
Kentucky Sen. Mitch McConnell famously used one of Green Spring’s custom designed ink pens to sign into law the landmark 2018 Farm Bill that made hemp legal at the federal level.

A U.S. Air Force veteran and a former intelligence analyst, Linday organized Green Spring around a core group of fellow military veterans, whom he strongly supported.

Supported veterans
“We don’t want to leave our veterans behind. We don’t want to leave anyone behind,” Linday told interviewer Michael Lyons at NoCo Hemp Expo in 2016. “Taking care of each other is the ultimate in sustainability,” Linday said.

He was also a staunch defender of cannabis. “We are not potheads. We are not criminals,” he told the Fort Worth Star Telegram in 2016 during a local demonstration in support of the Global Marijuana March. “The marijuana movement isn’t just about smoking pot. It’s about an agricultural crop with a lot of potential that we are forbidden to grow.”

She had cancer a long time. Loved her spirit! Great attitude.

Valerie Harper, Who Won Fame and Emmys as ‘Rhoda,’ Dies at 80
Originally a theater actress, she parlayed a role as a wisecracking sidekick on “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” into her own sitcom. Everybody remembers Rhoda Morgenstern.

Valerie Harper, who parlayed a sidekick role as the leading lady’s unprepossessing best friend on “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” into a star turn of her own in the hit sitcom “Rhoda,” died on Friday. She was 80.

Harper-obit4-articleLarge.jpg

Very sad news.

RIP Ric Ocasek

Ric Ocasek Dead: Cars’ Singer’s Cause of Death Unclear

Ric Ocasek, the lead singer of the Cars, has been found dead in his Manhattan home, the New York Police Department has confirmed.

The Cars lead singer’s specific cause of death has not yet been released. However, Page Six reports that Ocasek appears to have died of unspecified “natural causes.” The site reports that Ocasek’s estranged wife, the model Paulina Porizkova, found him “around 4:14 p.m. inside his Gramercy Park pad.” He was only 70 years old.

According to PIX11, Ocasek was “found unconscious and unresponsive in bed.” He’s a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, to which he was inducted in 2018.

Of course, Ric Ocasek is most famous for his work with the Cars, for which he served as “leader, singer, rhythm guitarist, and songwriter,” All Music reports in a biography of the singer.

But he also produced music for other artists.

I remember that.

I was a big Leon Russell and the Shelter People fan back in the day.

And it always annoys the shit out of me when people attribute that song to Donnie Hathaway. Great singer, but no....he did not write nor originally release this song. This is a Leon Russell song from start to finish.

Sort of like when people attribute I will Always Love You to Whitney Houston....who did a great job with it, but its a Dolly Parton written and released song. Its Dolly all the way.

I saw a special on HBO...I think it was....called The Whale where Elton John found Russell in poor financial situation and in dire ill health. John sort of resurrected him, got him healthy (relatively speaking) and they recorded The Whale album.

I dont' think ole' Leon was particularly easy to get along with....but I loved his music writing, the collaborations he did in rock, and the incredible amount of session musician work he did.....he was on everything everywhere.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back