Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy R.I.P

CarolKing

Always in search of the perfect vaporizer
Rest In Peace Chuck Berry. Thanks for the music. He was 90. Run, Run, Rudolph is my fav Christmas song that I like to sing.

chuck-berry.jpg

MICHAEL OCHS ARCHIVES/GETTY IMAGES

Chuck Berry posed for a portrait with his trusty Gibson guitar in 1958.

Last edited:
Sir Derek Walcott passed away Friday March 17. RIP Sir Derek.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...k-walcott-caribbean-poet-dies-at-87/99304050/

Derek Alton Walcott, poet, playwright, and painter died peacefully today, Friday 17th March, 2017, at his home in Cap Estate, Saint Lucia," read a statement the family released later in the morning.
The prolific and versatile poet received the Nobel Prize in literature in 1992 after being shortlisted for the honor for many years. In selecting Walcott, the academy cited the great luminosity of his writings including the 1990 Omeros, a 64-chapter Caribbean epic it praised as "majestic."

Favorite quotes from sir Derek;

The English language is nobody's special property. It is the property of the imagination: it is the property of the language itself.

Break a vase, and the love that reassembles the fragments is stronger than that love which took its symmetry for granted when it was whole.

RIP Jerry Krause.

Bulls GM during the 1990's Chicago Bulls Dynasty.

A Chicago native, Krause took over as GM in 1985 and was responsible for surrounding Jordan with the pieces that would propel the team to two championship three-peats in the 1990s. He also hired Phil Jackson from the Continental Basketball Association as an assistant to Doug Collins and fired Collins in favor of Jackson following a run to the Eastern Conference finals in 1989.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/j...-orchestrator-of-jordan-dynasties-dies-at-77/

Comedian Don Rickles has died. RIP Mr.Rickles

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/don-rickles-dead-legendary-comic-was-90-720153

Don Rickles, Legendary Comic With a Gift for the Insult, Dies at 90.

Don Rickles, the rapid-fire insulting machine who for six decades earned quite a living making fun of people of all creeds and colors and everyone from poor slobs to Frank Sinatra, has died. He was 90.

The legendary comic died Thursday at his home in Los Angeles of kidney failure, publicist Paul Shefrin announced.

Sarcastically nicknamed “Mr. Warmth,” Rickles had mock disdain for stars, major public figures and all those who paid to see him, tweaking TV audiences and Las Vegas showroom crowds with his acerbic brand of takedown comedy. A good guy and devoted husband away from the stage, Rickles the performer heartlessly laid into everyone he encountered — and they loved it.

Donald Jay Rickles was born in the New York borough of Queens on May 8, 1926. Following high school, he served in the U.S. Navy during World War II, then studied acting and graduated from the American Academy of Dramatic Arts.

At age 32, Rickles landed a small part in Robert Wise’s submarine drama Run Silent, Run Deep (1958), starring Clark Gable. Two years later, he was cast in The Rat Race with Tony Curtis and Debbie Reynolds.

Russian cosmonaut Georgy Grechko died today at the age of 85.

Grechko was one of the Soviet Union’s most important early cosmonauts, flying some of the first long term missions on several of Russia’s early Salyut stations. He was also important in that in the first real elections run by the Soviet Union he ran for office against party officials, won, and helped throw the Communists out of power.

1165785.jpg

RIP Chris.

Soundgarden frontman Chris Cornell, a founding father of grunge, dead at 52

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...oundgarden-frontman-chris-cornell-dead-at-52/

Chris Cornell, a key figure in the grunge rock movement as the co-founder and banshee-voiced frontman of Soundgarden, died Wednesday night in Detroit after playing a show with the Grammy-winning band. He was 52.

Brian Bumbery, a publicist for Cornell, confirmed the singer’s death to the Associated Press, calling it “sudden and unexpected.” The cause of death was not immediately known, Bumbery said in a statement.

Cornell was in the middle of a national tour with Soundgarden, which was in the midst of writing and recording its first new album in five years. The band performed, as scheduled, Wednesday at Detroit’s Fox Theatre.

@grokit Thanks for posting that. But wow... it made me sad. I cringed in the beginning. He was really having a rough night. How sad that that is the last performance...
It gets better, I'm listening to it now. It's uneven for sure but the set definitely has its moments.
I'm waiting to hear the Zeppelin riff at the end*, it sounds like it was spookily prescient :cry:

edit: *@59:30

:rip:

Last edited:
It gets better
As you can see by the timing of my post, I had to stop. I've still got the tab open to listen to the whole thing... but I was getting really bummed at how out of it he seemed. I guess the family is saying that they feel it's drug related in some way. He was on meds and may have mis-dosed. Still a suicide.. but maybe his erratic behavior onstage is more understandable.

He was on meds and may have mis-dosed. Still a suicide.
He had taken his scripts that night, but his cause of death seems to be asphyxiation. It's not a secret that he had been battling the depression devil with hard drugs for decades. He well knew that those drugs were a dead end, and it sounds to me like the adavan had stopped being helpful for his moods and was starting to work against him in that respect.

"benzodiazepines may inadvertently become facilitators of suicidal behavior" :doh::disgust:

:twocents::newspaper:

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back