Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Random Thoughts

A few months ago, during the two year anniversary contest, I wrote about the Gilroy Garlic Festival. Today at the Festival, shots were fired, at least 4 were killed and 15 injured, as of last reports. What the Hell ? What the Hell? This is crazy. I feel sick. People just wanted to celebrate garlic.
I literally just heard this on the radio in the car
They were saying they had metal detectors to make sure no one brought a gun
But the gunperson used bolt cutters to cut a whole in the fence

I'm thinking wtf kind of garlic festival do you need to check for guns at the door with a detector
And what kind of garlic mafia war is going on when the shooter was so determined to get in

Rocks up at door and goes oh shit they have detectors....
Imma have to run back and get the bolt cutters

Not to make light of the loss of life but from an outsider in a land of gun laws it just baffled me hearing the whole story

And people talk bad of those living in urban areas or of other religions....

I love garlic

I hope no garlic was harmed
I mourn for the innocent garlic lovers who have passed whilst admiring garlic...

:(

I literally just heard this on the radio in the car
They were saying they had metal detectors to make sure no one brought a gun
But the gunperson used bolt cutters to cut a whole in the fence

I'm thinking wtf kind of garlic festival do you need to check for guns at the door with a detector
And what kind of garlic mafia war is going on when the shooter was so determined to get in

Rocks up at door and goes oh shit they have detectors....
Imma have to run back and get the bolt cutters

Not to make light of the loss of life but from an outsider in a land of gun laws it just baffled me hearing the whole story

And people talk bad of those living in urban areas or of other religions....

I love garlic

I hope no garlic was harmed
I mourn for the innocent garlic lovers who have passed whilst admiring garlic...

:(
Thank you, @felvapes. It's not the garlic. People wanted to take their families, their kids, out to enjoy the Summer, eat food, listen to music. There were children, babies there. I don't understand it. This is how it is now. You have to worry about taking your family out to enjoy a Summer's Day.
I wanted to go this year. The festival is popular in the Bay Area.
It baffles me hearing the story as well.
We only know the outlines of the story, but it won't be a surprise how it fills in. The story is becoming familiar.
Thank you for your kind thoughts, @felvapes.
This is heartbreaking.

Last edited:

Last decade they had recalls for brakes failing
Now this
Diesel pollution and costing people money

Loving my chinarado ATM :thumbsup:
Got more balls since I put a pod on and a straight through exhaust too
Rooftop tent next then a.lift and locker

Fuck I have had a bad case of vas/gas the last 12 - 18 months...lol
Just re did my vape list in the my info section and shook my head

Getting ready to gift a number of the lesser used units on to combusters in hope of conversion, along with some unused glass so they have a set and a torch dab rig

I'm the vape Mormon door knocking with pressies trying to convert ppl.....lol
Have you heard the good weed word?
Or the vacuum salesman - here show me your bong, look how dirty this is, now try this clean glass
Look how many bowls you can vape and the glass stays clean - this is your lungs
But wait there's more
Have you heard of dabs? No not the dance moves but rosin - no not that stuff you lube your fiddle bow with but sweet Mary J

Here try this
Keep these as a gift and praise the weed spirits friends.....

Lol

Last edited:
Fuck I have had a bad case of vas/gas the last 12 - 18 months...lol
Just re did my vape list I the info section and shook my head

Getting ready to gift a number of the lesser used units on to combusters in hope of conversion, along with some unused glass so they have a set and a torch dab rig

I'm the vape Mormon door knocking with pressies trying to convert ppl.....lol
Have you heard the good weed word?
Or the vacuum salesman - here show me your bong, look how dirty this is, now try this clean glass
Look how many bowls you can vape and the glass stays clean - this is your lungs
But wait there's more
Have you heard of dabs? No not the dance moves but rosin - no not that stuff you lube your fiddle now with but sweet Mary J

Here try this
Keep these as a gift and praise the weed spirits friends.....

Lol
You are more like Santy Clause, bearing gifts. You are doing a kind and generous thing, and it isn't just talk, it's also try. If they aren't convinced, they can pass things along. Nice of you to do this, @felvapes.

You are more like Santy Clause, bearing gifts. You are doing a kind and generous thing, and it isn't just talk, it's also try. If they aren't convinced, they can pass things along. Nice of you to do this, @felvapes.
No point sitting on a heap.of units I won't be using anymore
There's only so many rainy day vapes you can keep without being greedy
I love some but they just are not being used
I will keep a couple favourite and for back ups but have to not be sentimental and pay it forward
I have not been in a.postition to own vapes at all for a good while and.know many who can't afford to throw a few hundred away to try something or find the right vapes for them
So to try and convert combusters and save lungs they can try some.out or pass along as you say
Share the wealth....

I would put some up here for people if I wasn't so paranoid about our customs and sniffer dogs on my well used units....

They will find good homes though I am sure

Last edited:
No point sitting on a heap.of units I won't be using anymore
There's only so many rainy day vapes you can keep without being greedy
I love some but they just are not being used
I will keep a couple favourite and for back ups but have to not be sentimental and pay it forward
I have not been in a.postition to own vapes at all for a good while and.know many who can't afford to throw a few hundred away to try something or find the right vapes for them
So to try and convert combusters and save lungs they can try some.out or pass along as you say
Share the wealth....

I would put some up here for people if I wasn't so paranoid about our customs and sniffer dogs on my well used units....

They will find good homes though I am sure
Folks in Australia need vapes too. This also gives you a chance to show and tell. You always amaze me @felvapes, with your intellegence, decency, and kindness. My son and I are proud to know you. @Madri-Guy is sourcing batteries for the IH right now. You and @LesPlenty have been invaluable in helping figure it out. I love VA for the vapers as much as for the vapes.

I
Folks in Australia need vapes too. This also gives you a chance to show and tell. You always amaze me @felvapes, with your intellegence, decency, and kindness. My son and I are proud to know you. @Madri-Guy is sourcing batteries for the IH right now. You and @LesPlenty have been invaluable in helping figure it out. I love VA for the vapers as much as for the vapes.
If it weren't for the vapers VA wouldn't be what it is :)
I have learnt and learn from others myself
Knowledge sharing is good

Happy Birthday to your mom!!!!

Thanks!

We're home already, pretty low key. We went to a local, but really nice place and came back to my house for ice cream cake, her favorite. She's at her house now, probably sleeping, lol.

We made a kinda big deal for her 80th, and 90th, rented a hall and a restaurant, but now she doesn't have many contemporaries left. Relatives are scattered. Not sure how or if we celebrate 100.

Thanks!

We're home already, pretty low key. We went to a local, but really nice place and came back to my house for ice cream cake, her favorite. She's at her house now, probably sleeping, lol.

We made a kinda big deal for her 80th, and 90th, rented a hall and a restaurant, but now she doesn't have many contemporaries left. Relatives are scattered. Not sure how or if we celebrate 100.

I have only one living relative left...my aunt, and she's turning 100 in a few weeks. I've been racking my brain trying to think of a way to surprise her that won't cost much money. :thinker: IT HAS TO BE inexpensive because I live on a very, very limited fixed income. I'm open to any suggestions...

Thanks everybody! :smile:

I have only one living relative left...my aunt, and she's turning 100 in a few weeks. I've been racking my brain trying to think of a way to surprise her that won't cost much money. :thinker: IT HAS TO BE inexpensive because I live on a very, very limited fixed income. I'm open to any suggestions...

At that age, she probably doesn't want or need much to make her happy. Knowing that you remember and want to celebrate will be huge to her. How about a special cupcake and something like a small flowering plant? The gesture is the important part... not the gift.

For a hundredth, you might be able to get a bakery to donate a cake. You could check with local supermarket bakeries as well. 100 is a big deal. You might call the local paper. Or gather pictures, clips from the internet on what has changed in the past 100 years. Huge changes in her life. Maybe a mix of music from her youth on whatever portable device is used these days? Whatever you do to let her know you are happy she made it to 100, and that you love her will be appreciated, even a handmade card or letter telling her how much she has meant to you. How wonderful she has lived this long! I'm happy you get to celebrate with her.

I think being bored is the biggest enemy of our very oldest. Anything that breaks the normal boring routine would be appreciated.

My mom loves to get out and do something, although with a walker she's limited. Even just going for a ride. Simple things mean a lot.

And she loves just talking, although she frequently repeats herself, and mixes up facts, lol.

I just smile and listen, almost like you would with a baby.

Wow. Just wow. The kid is 12 & was allowed to get it because he got good grades. Like WTF? I have tattoos but what i thought looked cool at 12 & what i think looks cool as an adult are wildly different. To say nothing of how much it will stretch as he grows.

Only in West Virginia?

View attachment 11131

Yes he has another one on his shoulder.
bz child tattoo 05-20-08WB.jpg

For a hundredth, you might be able to get a bakery to donate a cake. You could check with local supermarket bakeries as well. 100 is a big deal. You might call the local paper. Or gather pictures, clips from the internet on what has changed in the past 100 years. Huge changes in her life. Maybe a mix of music from her youth on whatever portable device is used these days? Whatever you do to let her know you are happy she made it to 100, and that you love her will be appreciated, even a handmade card or letter telling her how much she has meant to you. How wonderful she has lived this long! I'm happy you get to celebrate with her.

At that age, she probably doesn't want or need much to make her happy. Knowing that you remember and want to celebrate will be huge to her. How about a special cupcake and something like a small flowering plant? The gesture is the important part... not the gift.

These are some great ideas...Thank You! :partyhat:

I'm going to look into the cost of sending her a flower basket or flowering plant. She has to be careful what she eats, because she's prone to intestinal blockages. My aunt's an amazing lady...her mind is still sharp as a tack, but her body has been decimated by rheumatoid arthritis and the steroids she needs to take to control the arthritis.

Thanks again! :worship:

These are some great ideas...Thank You! :partyhat:

I'm going to look into the cost of sending her a flower basket or flowering plant. She has to be careful what she eats, because she's prone to intestinal blockages. My aunt's an amazing lady...her mind is still sharp as a tack, but her body has been decimated by rheumatoid arthritis and the steroids she needs to take to control the arthritis.

Thanks again! :worship:
If she can't have things that taste good, don't forget things that smell good. Scented lotion is nice, and it feels good and protects against skin breakdown. The most important thing is that you are there. She's lucky to have you, @Vital.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back