Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Random Thoughts

I don’t see many diesels around here in CA.
Some large, heavy duty diesel trucks like Ford, Chevy, Dodge to pull Rvs/boats etc. but that’s about it.

I drive a 2013 Scion TC, which I got a few months ago to replace my 01 Honda Civic.
It’s a nice looking little couple. Good for a daily driver. I dig the front moonroof and glass skylight over the backseat...has a 2.5 L 4 banger (180hp/173 lb-ft of torque) and a six-speed automatic.
View attachment 12917

Still want to get a muscle car again one day. I had a 98 Mustang GT I loved that was heavily modded. I want a 96-98 Mustang Cobra this time around. Better platform to stat with.
I miss my old ford Fairlane so much
76 Fairlane with a fully reco v8 351 Cleveland engine
Absolute beast of a car

Love old muscle cars

EDIT
A new article on the toyboatas
Over 200,000 cars in Aus affected so far

And they have no intention on making a fix - as they say it only happens under exteme off roading - 1, that's bs as other drivers are being fined and - 2, that's why they are bought (to 4x4) and when you need them to work most reliably

Now that's insane.....Oh what a feeling

Last edited:
It's not illegal here

Yes it is. Very much so.

You can't save your 4 weeks up from last year and take 8 next year etc

Yes you can. Provided your employer approves a 8 week hit of leave in a single instance. The leave balance accumulates, whether you can take it is another story.

Capture.JPG

Even Flexi hours you can build up have to be taken at some point as I stated last post, or you lose them eventually
Sick leave from last year doesn't accumulate next year, it reboots

No idea on flexi hours but sick leave absolutely accumulates year on year. One of my regrets in life was not using up the 4 months sick leave I did not use with my last employer.

Capture.JPG

My dad didn't take holidays for 7 years, he had over 6 months holiday time
He was forced to take time off or lose hours

That is called excessive leave & it is entirely reasonable & legal for a company to request staff keep their leave balance below 8 weeks & ideally 4 weeks.

Now if you belong to a union & somehow the union negotiates an EBA that puts you in a worse position that the bare minimum required federally then maybe don't belong to a union that does not have its members best interest at heart? After all union dues are designed to put the collective employees in a more powerful position not weaker.

People who are anti union have no legs to stand on with the current state of enterprise bargaining that Howard brought in
My father both was head of his union section and did not get ripped off via bad negations
He got 6 years of backed up holiday and had to take a huge chunk of it, that's pretty good Esp when it is usually 4 weeks or so as you say and is what BD9 originally said about four weeks not being able to be saved up to take 6 months off
But it isn't illegal it stops ppl.taking the piss

Corporations love Howard and enterprise bargaining as they can pay one or two.ppl a lot and/or fulltime/permanent positions and everyone else shit as opposed to minimum wage etc being reasonable

Which it isn't anymore
Due to above mentioned

Any workers rights in this country - that are worse than they have been for many of this countries history are due to unions fighting

Withiut it none of these things would exist at all

People are less and less getting hired in a full-time position and more and more under contract or casual, no sick or holidays
No rights there and it's all legal but wasn't 15-20 years ago

When I said it is not illegal it isn't as I was referring to being made to take time off if you build too much holidays up

Exactly as I said you can't take the piss and build up holidays and take a year off
My old man got to take 3 months off (of his 6) though so I reckon his union had the workers rights at heart

Sick pay I made a mistake on accumulation, but without unions you'd have no sick pay at all
Love the younger ones (a lot of tradies did) who took up Howard's enterprise bargaining and thought they were good

The labour industry was fucked before unions

A good movie to watch is rock the foundations about the green bans

Saved many lives they did with oh and s

Last edited:
I want to find a successor or a companion for my much loved mystic blue solo ll.
Flavour , precision heating and low maintenance are my priorities.
I prefer to vape via bong.
Looking at a splinter V1or Z but I don’t like to stir and it seems unwieldy on a bong.
I mostly vape with the wife on a power recliner so a portable is preferred.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I want to find a successor or a companion for my much loved mystic blue solo ll.
Flavour , precision heating and low maintenance are my priorities.
I prefer to vape via bong.
Looking at a splinter V1or Z but I don’t like to stir and it seems unwieldy on a bong.
I mostly vape with the wife on a power recliner so a portable is preferred.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Until you said portable I was going to suggest the WS
It only has a light cord though...
It is brilliant on a bong and very flavourful

The GH is my best bong vape - but buyer beware for RMA issues - although the latest version has not died on me in maybe a year?

The mighty and the tera are other good vapes that taste good - the tera hits hard on a bong

Or the DV range with an IH also bong hard with a tip in a gog and retain flavour

So many vapes
I still get vassed looking at them all

Hope you find something you like :)

People who are anti union have no legs to stand on with the current state of enterprise bargaining that Howard brought in

Don't misconstrue me when it comes to unions. I am a big believer in unions as they protect workers rights & ensure safety both of employment & on the job. After 15 years spent in the OH&S /Facilities sector I mainly dealt with large manufacturers or service providers like Toyota, Spotless, Lion, Kraft etc & had plenty of union exposure. I also saw when the unions caused the shutdown of the Toyota & Ford manufacturing operations here. It does work both ways as whilst the manufacturing staff were well remunerated, cleaners for example are treated shockingly. Almost exclusively migrants with limited English they are frequently just happy to have a job even if the conditions are deplorable. Very fucked up & exploitative.

But it isn't illegal it stops ppl.taking the piss

The other thing it does is ensures staff take some holidays & get an opportunity to relax. Speaking with a friend in HR it is a genuine concern for a lot of companies as it is a lot more expensive to replace staff or have a workplace incident due to employee burnout or disengagement.

Lets keep this suitaby randon & not so heavy. What a buzzkill union talk is bonghit :dog:

@Bcbud I agree with Felvapes on the WS suggestion or a Vapcap & IH. The Mighty is another fine option for stir free convenience.

Until you said portable I was going to suggest the WS
It only has a light cord though...
It is brilliant on a bong and very flavourful

The GH is my best bong vape - but buyer beware for RMA issues - although the latest version has not died on me in maybe a year?

The mighty and the tera are other good vapes that taste good - the tera hits hard on a bong

Or the DV range with an IH also bong hard with a tip in a gog and retain flavour

So many vapes
I still get vassed looking at them all

Hope you find something you like :)

All great suggestions but I really enjoy the flavour ,low and controlled temperature works for me.

All great suggestions but I really enjoy the flavour ,low and controlled temperature works for me.
The ones I suggest are flavour savers that can be turned down low, why I suggested them
The WS is one of the most flavourful vapes going
Esp the mix of bong/flavour was my suggestions

I am sure you will find something you think fits you best though

OK, so Madri-Guy took his Nursing board exams yesterday. I'm proud of him for just getting down to Oakland in Bay Area traffic, and finding parking. Good job, @Madri-Guy.
More awesomeness from Madri-Guy, he made his Mom a 3 -D stand for my Solo to go with my charging stand, and I got a bonus stand for my Air. The Solo stand is black, so it's hard to do it justice in a picture, but it has slots for my @Ed's TnT Blackwood stems, and a space left over for another tool.
20190920_142419.jpg

20190920_140024.jpg

OK, so Madri-Guy took his Nursing board exams yesterday. I'm proud of him for just getting down to Oakland in Bay Area traffic, and finding parking. Good job, @Madri-Guy.
More awesomeness from Madri-Guy, he made his Mom a 3 -D stand for my Solo to go with my charging stand, and I got a bonus stand for my Air. The Solo stand is black, so it's hard to do it justice in a picture, but it has slots for my @Ed's TnT Blackwood stems, and a space left over for another tool.
View attachment 13226
View attachment 13227

Look out good for your guy and good for you missy, thats way cool of him.

View attachment 13226
View attachment 13227
Am actually thinking of doing some of these in woods, wythoughts?

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back