Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Discontinued RBT - Splinter V2 and Splinter Z

Vapes no longer in production

BD9

Leaf Dawg
I remember hearing about RBT and the Milaana. RBT has two new vapes. The Splinter V2 and the Splinter Z.

Please excuse my ignorance, but apparently they only work with 'mod' boxes with 510 coils. I hope that means something to some of you. I don't get the 'mod' box thing.
I like the look and design of these little vapes.

https://www.puffitup.com/category-s/286.htm

https://www.puffitup.com/Splinter-V2-Vaporizer-p/rbt.spltr-v2.htm

Splinter V2 - 510 Attachment by RastaBuddhaTao $99.00

The Splinter vaporizer by RBT is made from a heavy-duty Milaana heater housed in a tough and beautiful blackwood body. The Splinter pairs with most 510 box mods and heats nearly instantly for pure convection vapor on demand!

The powerful Milaana heater inside the Splinter V2 reaches vaporization temperatures in a few seconds, blasting super-heated air through your material on inhale for potent clouds of pure convection flavor. Cool down is nearly instant once the power is released; zero conduction between hits maximizes both efficiency and taste. Splinter vaporizers are compatible with 510 box mods rated for 50W or more and work best at the 20-40W wattage range. The Splinter V2's air path consists of wood, glass, stainless steel and ceramic and it's 100% isolated from electronics!

https://www.puffitup.com/Splinter-Z-V2-Vaporizer-p/rbt.spltr-z_v2.htm

Splinter Z - 510 Attachment by RastaBuddhaTao $169.97

The Splinter Z vaporizer by RBT gets its name from the legendary Zion heater inside. With a near instant heat-up, tough hardwood body and compatibility with most 510 mods, the Splinter Z is built to chuck pure convection vapor for years!

The Splinter Z is the bigger brother of the original Splinter; standing half an inch taller and powered by the larger Zion heater. The heavy duty Zion heater inside the Splinter Z reaches vaporization temperatures in a few seconds, blasting super-heated air through your material on inhale for potent clouds of pure convection flavor. Cool down is nearly instant once the power is released; zero conduction between hits maximizes both efficiency and taste. Splinter vaporizers are compatible with 510 box mods rated for 50W or more and work best at the 20-40W wattage range. The Splinter Z's air path consists of wood, glass, stainless steel and ceramic and it's 100% isolated from any electronics.

...just picked up a splinter z... the only previous RBT product i used was milaana V1 which i thought was great for a portable... only gripe was the battery management :BangHead:... i always wanted a zion but unfortunately never got one.... until a couple daze ago!!! (zion heater lol)

-ZDrwZGVi0KL5JzSE-ZS_L2qdGD_HuLc7J7XS56q58UBGmNp_2oIIcba-7oFYcrffP_wTnsDAc8getsN-dQn9dlyIw2EpUMstjKxzp3QmPZxPX3dsYmawaXTYMglPc8EgzABsTGcWYhpneVWzs959i4-18A2umjvUK1Hi_enUnYtkCNWtz8mAiWPOwDRTxF-fWobVQgDDchuKgu88kP-wCoXcR8lyR86rF_oGdBSN-uslW-Udo4qSW0JsrmW5a4jktUBJMTNTozNiaAhRc-xv0wak_sWgngZleZOeT_tmr0n9etMlnlG_Flh05ns2-7vpKoXmkdcW9i3i9hAxL1cMnhwzxc2TbuG_kfVcfW69cfd9Sf0ors0WVm7WBxL79G3hnoR3T-VvwhXkyK7X5iLE2sQreRlwt8XrGJv_LsA3NULQGbvhryNiQ2rnBWNTpX0TDWjUJnv4GvGKnEU1nEQOCEJ2AnJNyCKnjRMyJslPVt6naIu460JN53JYis6mIWFG-af7sDnzIAgiShitHmQNhEQm0BnW9Squr4tiXesBxVgHylEERT2x_oi91kIUFMfD8i--1lKhKYL5ujyN6kWMp8Izse1IOJWs32UPumg__jEyO4ZbZreCbAEcSzRgaJS2I5lZdYqIBMPM59AnzExd837nIEB7MUT=w1250-h937-no

...the splinter z is a great performer... i'm not a fan of portable vapes due to lack of power for my needs... with a 3 battery mod there's enough power to last quite a while... the RBT 510 attachments are probably the best dry herb portable vapes available that are not butane powered (naturally)... i like the rbt heater tech, and in this type of application it's beast...

...all together it does sit quite high, it's not an out-in-about-stealth-vape, but stealth isn't really a thing for me.... and i don't vape in public nor around 'other' people....

wYCCF2QREYBYTIWF4Y45YbzcBQ8i2O-2l4liwbek1l6OVo4JV_Z7f-VzPExSYLq_RdoZ8OhPFxofTgtlpXWEKoGrBA-a0L4-e_DMtUnLjIhGY7h9SJ0WoXLIzjJXOZXWgbQ0IuCnEWr_4phAs1l-wErqulX9oFr6Rqx1LTSwB4D8Rnn97YZWkru5piSOLB36cByaORmoMmmetvp8ubRxYYQ0Ly7GQTY6DjCYfCKfWnPSQ61oCkjsGveihfp4f7MvgcSylSOHTHGuZmKyzJUv75QFBs_DL2u4J5LEWclrJJjz4sfEMu3MjHEEfTpdkSUpOJnPGbdQqeDa27HiQkV0vicz1ZSThuNQOpfMVOf3PLA-rtfDkEA0CntAJVAAfJsKvANceaaCVLIf_qawm0swsK7XQVNierPnLd8MbmxN_n2lDYWp-0eYW2WNadrpkr4cRZNL8eYKyPziOlY4t6ZFejHGtaX4BpGw0A3xhEzZL_SRr_i1tdLpgQejtkiD32NMazHEmrRtPw1gzfAxA1B1tgkabeIOt4m3Ga_wconRVCVU0dyR5zH70nIJwcGchzFCR-4vfu9JXu2UiJoSp9GG4ZPUmCwm7ApUqXfFLy8I7HTAB1MekC6rUE_oyRTsoawX6b0egDQxekP8FV7onJk1rzYzHtyMZVPj=w703-h937-no

...i feel kind of like james bond or an assassin screwing on a silencer when i screw the z onto a mod :naughty2:.... I highly recommend the splinter z (or splinter) as a 510 attachment ESPECIALLY if your not into portable vapes like myself! i think you'll be pleasantly surprised :nod:

....PS. don't over complicate mods- just choose one based on # of batteries you want and make sure it has enough power for your needs (i tihnk any mod with two or three batts will suffice any application)... MAS is as serious as VAS, just throwing that out there :dog:

Whats the warranty like for these units? I've been waiting on a return email from RBT, to repair a broken Zion *and* a broken Milanna for over a year now. The lifetime warranty doesn't seem to be holding up all that well, but they were my fave vapes until they broke.

...iirc it's only one year, have it in the box at home... i also have the life time on my milanna...

...iirc your also in Canada, BC if i payed any attention... i believe rbt has(or had) some sort of discrimination against us canucks (vaguely recall reading that in a thread on fc a couple years back)... he dosn't ship direct to canada from his store and i had signed up for preorders on the splinter initially and a later production zion but was denied to due to being a canuck...

...just picked up a splinter z... the only previous RBT product i used was milaana V1 which i thought was great for a portable... only gripe was the battery management :BangHead:... i always wanted a zion but unfortunately never got one.... until a couple daze ago!!! (zion heater lol)

-ZDrwZGVi0KL5JzSE-ZS_L2qdGD_HuLc7J7XS56q58UBGmNp_2oIIcba-7oFYcrffP_wTnsDAc8getsN-dQn9dlyIw2EpUMstjKxzp3QmPZxPX3dsYmawaXTYMglPc8EgzABsTGcWYhpneVWzs959i4-18A2umjvUK1Hi_enUnYtkCNWtz8mAiWPOwDRTxF-fWobVQgDDchuKgu88kP-wCoXcR8lyR86rF_oGdBSN-uslW-Udo4qSW0JsrmW5a4jktUBJMTNTozNiaAhRc-xv0wak_sWgngZleZOeT_tmr0n9etMlnlG_Flh05ns2-7vpKoXmkdcW9i3i9hAxL1cMnhwzxc2TbuG_kfVcfW69cfd9Sf0ors0WVm7WBxL79G3hnoR3T-VvwhXkyK7X5iLE2sQreRlwt8XrGJv_LsA3NULQGbvhryNiQ2rnBWNTpX0TDWjUJnv4GvGKnEU1nEQOCEJ2AnJNyCKnjRMyJslPVt6naIu460JN53JYis6mIWFG-af7sDnzIAgiShitHmQNhEQm0BnW9Squr4tiXesBxVgHylEERT2x_oi91kIUFMfD8i--1lKhKYL5ujyN6kWMp8Izse1IOJWs32UPumg__jEyO4ZbZreCbAEcSzRgaJS2I5lZdYqIBMPM59AnzExd837nIEB7MUT=w1250-h937-no

...the splinter z is a great performer... i'm not a fan of portable vapes due to lack of power for my needs... with a 3 battery mod there's enough power to last quite a while... the RBT 510 attachments are probably the best dry herb portable vapes available that are not butane powered (naturally)... i like the rbt heater tech, and in this type of application it's beast...

...all together it does sit quite high, it's not an out-in-about-stealth-vape, but stealth isn't really a thing for me.... and i don't vape in public nor around 'other' people....

wYCCF2QREYBYTIWF4Y45YbzcBQ8i2O-2l4liwbek1l6OVo4JV_Z7f-VzPExSYLq_RdoZ8OhPFxofTgtlpXWEKoGrBA-a0L4-e_DMtUnLjIhGY7h9SJ0WoXLIzjJXOZXWgbQ0IuCnEWr_4phAs1l-wErqulX9oFr6Rqx1LTSwB4D8Rnn97YZWkru5piSOLB36cByaORmoMmmetvp8ubRxYYQ0Ly7GQTY6DjCYfCKfWnPSQ61oCkjsGveihfp4f7MvgcSylSOHTHGuZmKyzJUv75QFBs_DL2u4J5LEWclrJJjz4sfEMu3MjHEEfTpdkSUpOJnPGbdQqeDa27HiQkV0vicz1ZSThuNQOpfMVOf3PLA-rtfDkEA0CntAJVAAfJsKvANceaaCVLIf_qawm0swsK7XQVNierPnLd8MbmxN_n2lDYWp-0eYW2WNadrpkr4cRZNL8eYKyPziOlY4t6ZFejHGtaX4BpGw0A3xhEzZL_SRr_i1tdLpgQejtkiD32NMazHEmrRtPw1gzfAxA1B1tgkabeIOt4m3Ga_wconRVCVU0dyR5zH70nIJwcGchzFCR-4vfu9JXu2UiJoSp9GG4ZPUmCwm7ApUqXfFLy8I7HTAB1MekC6rUE_oyRTsoawX6b0egDQxekP8FV7onJk1rzYzHtyMZVPj=w703-h937-no

...i feel kind of like james bond or an assassin screwing on a silencer when i screw the z onto a mod :naughty2:.... I highly recommend the splinter z (or splinter) as a 510 attachment ESPECIALLY if your not into portable vapes like myself! i think you'll be pleasantly surprised :nod:

....PS. don't over complicate mods- just choose one based on # of batteries you want and make sure it has enough power for your needs (i tihnk any mod with two or three batts will suffice any application)... MAS is as serious as VAS, just throwing that out there :dog:

So it's basically a heater for a glass stem ? Kinda like a log powered by a mod?

How do you hold it? I imagine by the battery, but it does seem pretty long. I'm wondering about stress on those 510 threads.

So it's basically a heater for a glass stem ? Kinda like a log powered by a mod?

How do you hold it? I imagine by the battery, but it does seem pretty long. I'm wondering about stress on those 510 threads.

...yes basically a log on a mod!!! hold the mod as normal. I use watt mode not TC... does not seem like there is any stress on the 510, i assume if you have a hydratube sitting on top or using inverted in a bong there might be, but this is a "portable" so i only intend on using it with the stem...

Looks like good vapes but a hard pass for me. This dude can't abide & wont beak the vow made to never purchase a RBT product on principal based off past experiences.

Hopefully Ryan has got himself sorted out but reading some of the above posts it appears he still has some work to do.

he dosn't ship direct to canada from his store and i had signed up for preorders on the splinter initially and a later production zion but was denied to due to being a canuck...

I'm in Canada ans was a Zion preorder (Number 13, broken, 'lifetime' warranty) and have 2 Milaanas, a 1st gen and a 2nd gen (broken, 'lifetime' warranty). Ryan sent several emails to let me know that as soon as he 'finished a couple of things' he'd send info to get units repaired, and then he fell off the planet. I like his vapes - a working Milly is my daily driver, but inconsistent comms and spurious warranty will be his achilles heel.

@Stevenski, yea like @just_tHe_fLu said, looks like a silencer attachment haha. Going to assassinate my lungs. Surprisingly this mono SQ feels very snug and light in hand for a box mod, the Atomizer doesn't hang over too much either giving it a slim profile. I haven't tested it out too much, and you are correct this will b an indoor log on a cell beast for the couch. later after work will crush some Watts and see how those 18650's hold up?

@JahBroni hey, I love this mod a bit pricey but they feel great in hand (Dovpo) haven't unlocked its full potential, it's OK on tcr, may download some files to mess around with but I'm loving it simply on watts mode, battery is excellent.. Using those crazy LG HG2's.. Lion wholesale had flash sale few months ago I couldn't resist.
Gonna go fire it up now.

@Helios Cool man! People in general seem real happy with the DNA/Splinter combo.

Speaking of profiles. HerbieVonVapster from FC setup solid Splinter and Splinter Z profiles for DNA and DNAc chips that work really well in TCR according to what I've seen on there. Looks like they got deleted but SquirrelMaster from FC saved them and out them up here:

Might be worth looking into. I plan on checking them out myself when my gear arrives.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back