Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Water pipe Recycler or Tornado Vortex Preferred for Desktop Vaporizer

ddave

Accessory Maker
Considering a water piece for inclusion in the mod kits.

I own a sweet recycler and can get a good deal on them. I can hit it as hard as I can, and never a drop of water up the mouthpiece. Hits are amazingly smooth.

But, also have seen and am interested in a Tornado Vortex piece as well. I've not yet used one. It looks like the cooling (diffusion) could be better than a recycler?

To those who have used both, any preference and why?
Not looking for suggestions on specific models, but rather a discussion of which diffusion type (recycler or vortex) is preferred and why.

Please note, the application will be desktop vaporizers with unrestricted airflow.

Thanks!
DDave

For me nothing beats a good recycler; whether it be for a desktop or dabbing. It may be that I've never had a good vortex to base my opinion on. I do have a great recycler however and feel the draw, on the whole, is easier and has less chug. Again... could be the pieces involved. My vortex is a DHGate piece and the recycler is a Fishbowl piece blown here in Michigan (and my favorite piece).
So my opinion; for what it's worth. :razz2:

For me nothing beats a good recycler; whether it be for a desktop or dabbing. It may be that I've never had a good vortex to base my opinion on. I do have a great recycler however and feel the draw, on the whole, is easier and has less chug. Again... could be the pieces involved. My vortex is a DHGate piece and the recycler is a Fishbowl piece blown here in Michigan (and my favorite piece).
So my opinion; for what it's worth. :razz2:
Thanks much!

I've got a vortex on the way, but figured I'd reach out for opinions as well.

Unless the vortex is just amazing, I agree with you on the recyclers... will be tough to beat.

I feel a little extra stupid, but how are recyclers defined? Is it the type of diffuser?

I think a vortex is obvious in the name.

And a rattle can. For the noises?

My fave big piece, a thick ass glass 16inch pipe with 2 fritted discs would be what?

My dhgate sidecar is a recycler?

Funny but I have 5-6 water pipes, and use them frequently, but never paid attention to these details much.

I feel a little extra stupid, but how are recyclers defined? Is it the type of diffuser?

No. The diffuser itself does not matter. What matters is there is sufficient water in the rig that it gets drawn up & returns to the bottom of the rig hence "recycling" the water. There are internal & external recyclers but that is down to the design of the glass. Some create vortexes when recycling but you need a largely unrestricted ariflow.

VelvetyTestyEarwig.webp

My fave big piece, a thick ass glass 16inch pipe with 2 fritted discs would be what?

Are they frits or honeycombs? Normally it would be a double stack (insert perc)

No. The diffuser itself does not matter. What matters is there is sufficient water in the rig that it gets drawn up & returns to the bottom of the rig hence "recycling" the water. There are internal & external recyclers but that is down to the design of the glass. Some create vortexes when recycling but you need a largely unrestricted ariflow.

VelvetyTestyEarwig.webp

Are they frits or honeycombs? Normally it would be a double stack (insert perc)

They're fritted, the tough kind to clean.

It makes and stacks bubbles like crazy and there's a bubble cutter near the top to keep moisture out of your mouth.

Only one can with two fritted discs and a bent stem. It works very well.

Water, from bubbles, does fall back through the discs, so recycler? Or does it need two separate but connected chambers to be a recycler?

Water, from bubbles, does fall back through the discs, so recycler? Or does it need two separate but connected chambers to be a recycler?

Pretty much needs two chambers to recycle with the water returning below the level of the perc.

DSC_0384_cb5636f2-3781-47d4-9963-cc4d6953b703.jpg

large-mmr2g.jpg

FatBoy-Glass-Slyrm-Klein-Recycler-Rig-1__83277.1550952521.jpg

Pretty much needs two chambers to recycle with the water returning below the level of the perc.

DSC_0384_cb5636f2-3781-47d4-9963-cc4d6953b703.jpg

large-mmr2g.jpg

FatBoy-Glass-Slyrm-Klein-Recycler-Rig-1__83277.1550952521.jpg

I think some of the confusion lies with the fact that many recyclers are also labeled as vortex. In my mind, the last pic you've got is an example of a vortex; while the second pic is a true recycler. I've tried to get a better idea (through a Google search) and can't really find anything that gives a true definition of a vortex other than the funnel like action that occurs. But no examples of the differences between a recycler and a vortex bubbler.

@ddave perhaps you could show us images of the two different styles you are referring to?

I guess my view is a bit different.....it all depends on what I'm using it for. Recylers are, IMO, great as a dab rig.

But for things like the Flower Pot Shower Head and the G43, I rather like a plain old tire perc with a bit of chug. Big 65mm can for those two and a Mobious Ion knockoff for stuff like VC, GH w PFE, etc. Just seems to work well for me.

Now, my HT for my EVO is a Turbine....not exactly a recycler or vortex but along those lines and I love it with the EVO.

This is probably useless to @ddave , but I very much appreciate him coming on the board and asking us. :thumbsup::clap:

I think some of the confusion lies with the fact that many recyclers are also labeled as vortex. In my mind, the last pic you've got is an example of a vortex; while the second pic is a true recycler. I've tried to get a better idea (through a Google search) and can't really find anything that gives a true definition of a vortex other than the funnel like action that occurs. But no examples of the differences between a recycler and a vortex bubbler.

All those pieces should vortex without restriction & are recyclers but the second pic is a more traditional recycler by M&M. The first & second pics look like they would be more likely to create a vortex when recycling the water.

@ddave can you put up any pics of the two styles you are researching?

Now, my HT for my EVO is a Turbine....not exactly a recycler or vortex but along those lines and I love it with the EVO.

Those turbine percs are very simple but perfect for vaping as they move a large volume of water without a great deal of diffusion. I bet the flavour is great on your Evo with it.

Thanks Friends for the input and my apologies for my absence.

So far, with input and a bit of testing, I much favor the Recycler for the application. I need a piece that will handle anyone from rating Vacuum Lungs all the way to a gentle hitter. The recycler seems to handle the heavier end of the spectrum far better than the vortex (restricted draw, as many have stated). And while a recycler generally won't recycle for a very light hitter, they still get water filtration and no-one gets a mouth full of Vape-Water.

You've definitely got the recycler idea down. The vortex I was considering (and remember, I need to be able to include them with kits, so monster glass pieces are out for me at this time)...
4780e818d177e64317c6783c38634579_1024x1024@2x.jpg

(But much smaller! I chose this picture to highlight the VORTEX TORNADO effect)...

Thanks all!
DDave

Thanks Friends for the input and my apologies for my absence.

So far, with input and a bit of testing, I much favor the Recycler for the application. I need a piece that will handle anyone from rating Vacuum Lungs all the way to a gentle hitter. The recycler seems to handle the heavier end of the spectrum far better than the vortex (restricted draw, as many have stated). And while a recycler generally won't recycle for a very light hitter, they still get water filtration and no-one gets a mouth full of Vape-Water.

You've definitely got the recycler idea down. The vortex I was considering (and remember, I need to be able to include them with kits, so monster glass pieces are out for me at this time)...
4780e818d177e64317c6783c38634579_1024x1024@2x.jpg

(But much smaller! I chose this picture to highlight the VORTEX TORNADO effect)...

Thanks all!
DDave
@ddave ,I love that! While I think a recycler is better for less restriction, I'm a softie for vortex-cyclone-helix glass. I don't care if they blow out a lung, I have two! Be still my heart! :love: :love::love::love::love:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back