Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tek Revised boiling temp and pressure data

EugeneOregon

This image is a much more precise measurement of the boiling point of delta-9 thc. The vacuum gauge is reading ¾ micron. The heating mantle is set to heat the mantle to 170C and shows 169C at the thermocouple under the boiling flask. Thermometer is ¼ inch above boiling puddle inside flask. Temperature has levelled at 132C. Condensate is seen collected on inside of first catch bulb. Second catch bulb is clear and is a place holder bulb.

This means to me that a revised boiling point of 132C at ¾ micron is a more accurate reading from my earlier less accurate estimate of 140C at ¾ micron.

I wanted to post this photo here first because it is a rare visual oportunity to see such precise Delta 9 thc boiling temperature and pressure data and you folks have been so kind. Thank you, and now your website is the first to post the most definitive (accurate) boiling point data of this compound to date through this post!

IMG_1011.JPG

Thank you for this and I'm certain that this is very germane to distillation.

But most folks on vape boards look to boiling point data available on the web and try to apply that to their dry herb vaporizors.

While I have not made a comprehensive study of it, I did take a close look at some of the readily available "cannibinoid boiling point" charts, saw that in almost all cases the data for each compound was derived from a separate original study, and that the conditions varied widely (i.e. pure sample boiled in a vacuum and others done at sea level of a standard atmosphere model) between studies.

Then throw all that stuff into a complex plant matrix and I personally don't find these temp data to be all that helpful for selective extraction from whole plant material via a vaporizer, which is what many people try to use it for.

Thanks again!!

Last edited:
I wanted to post this photo here first because it is a rare visual oportunity to see such precise Delta 9 thc boiling temperature and pressure data and you folks have been so kind. Thank you, and now your website is the first to post the most definitive (accurate) boiling point data of this compound to date through this post!
Thank you for sharing your information and research with us. :smile: I know we have a few concentrate makers here that are very appreciative of it as well.

Thank you for this and I'm certain that this is very germane to distillation.

But most folks on vape boards look to boiling point data available on the web and try to apply that to their dry herb vaporizors.

While I have not made a comprehensive study of it, I did take a close look at some of the readily available "cannibinoid boiling point" charts, saw that in almost all cases the data for each compound was derived from a separate original study, and that the conditions varied widely (i.e. pure sample boiled in a vacuum and others done at sea level of a standard atmosphere model) between studies.

Then throw all that stuff into a complex plant matrix and I personally don't find these temp data to be all that helpful for selective extraction from whole plant material via a vaporizer, which is what many people try to use it for.

Thanks again!!
I will refrain from posting misleading and unhelpful information in the future.

But most folks on vape boards

I wouldn't say this is misleading information. And this is more than just a 'vape board.' This forum is for support and information about more than just vapes; although that is the preferred method of ingesting our cannabis. Concentrate making, in any form, is one of the things that we discuss in depth on this forum. There will be instances where the process will be more for the typical member and then instances where our scientists and extractors want to discuss process. I'd like to think we can provide space for both. :cool:

I think that represents is a huge misinterpretation of what I wrote.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back