Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Recipe Rosin Puck Chocolates (Candy Melts)

psychonaut

Florist
Company Rep
This is one of my all time favorite ways to turn my rosin chips and pucks into edible oil. Yes there's still meds in those pucks!

I typically save up 4 ounces of pucks, hoping to get 1-3% return.

5CqWMPs.jpg

1. Soak your pucks in 190 proof grain alcohol such as Everclear, I like to warm the everclear in a hot water bath to speed up the infusion. I generally do this in a quart mason jar, the amount of alcohol used is a lil expensive!

2. Strain the green oil infused alcohol out from the pucks into a pyrex dish. A coffee filter can be used to strain if there is a lot of plant matter in your alcohol infusion.

3. Place the pyrex dish outside, covered with a paper towel or something to prevent anything from contaminating your infusion during the evaporation. A gentle breeze blowing over the dish will speed up the evaporation process, you can also use a small fan blowing over the dish.

4. When the alcohol is almost completely evaporated, you should be able to use a flat edge to scrape the oil up, you may need to use a hot water bath beneath your pyrex dish for easier collection if it's hardened onto the pyrex.

5. Transfer the oil to a folded up parchment "boat" so that you can put it into the oven for decarboxylation and it doesn't melt out all over the place.

6. In a preheated oven at 275F, decarboxylate your oil for 5-10 minutes, watch for the bubbling to stop to know when it's finished.

7. While the oil is decarboxylating, take a double boiler and begin to melt 1 tsp of butter, 1/2 tsp (per gram of cannabis oil) sunflower lechitin.

8. When the cannabis oil is finished decarboxylating in the oven, transfer it to the double boiler and incorporate into the butter and sunflower lechitin which should now be hot.

9. Add in 12oz of almond bark or candy melts (half package), any flavor (chocolate, white chocolate, etc). You can also add in peppermint oil, orange oil, or any other type of flavoring you'd like at this point.

10. Allow the candy melts to completely melt, and mix everything together for at least 2 minutes to evenly distribute the cannabis oil into the candy melts.

11. Transfer the hot cannabis infused candy melts to a piping bag, wearing some gloves to keep from burning your hands, pipe the candy into silicone candy molds to your desired size and dosage, you can also use a mini muffin pan to make chocolate coins that are easy to break in half or quarters.

12. Place mold into the fridge or freezer for about 10 minutes to harden completely.

Mine generally have 3-4g of oil per batch, and I eat half a chocolate. I dont know how potent they are, 50mg maybe for half piece? They taste hashy but the chlorophyll that you exctract during the alcohol wash is masked by the taste of the cocoa.

Enjoy!

mZtNdwC.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent instructions/directions/recipe, @psychonaut. Great use of rosin chips.
You can easily make your own orange, lemon, mint, vanilla, or almond extract as you have Everclear on hand. Just zest, chop, split or grind as appropriate, cover with Everclear or vodka in jar. Cool, dark, place for 6 weeks. Strain, bottle, enjoy.
Oils are a bit more complicated, but still very simple.
How do you store your pucks while gathering the amount needed?

Thanks for the info on making my own infusion! I'll have to give that a shot soon.

I just store them in a sealed mason jar at room temp in my press room, in the winter it's around 55F in the summer around 70F. I've also put them in a ziplock bag stored in the freezer, but both methods seem to be fine IME.

When I was 5 I was given an Easy Bake Oven, and made tiny cakes with a lightbulb. The refills cost too much, so Mom bought me regular cake mix. Soon the pans were too small, and I moved to regular pans in an oven. At 7 years of age, I was at the dentist's looking at a magazine, and saw the Hersheys Cocoa Cake recipe, and it looked as easy as the mix, so I went home and baked my first scratch cake. Baking, then cooking, became a passion. This aspect of cannabis processing particularly interests me, as it's familiar, but slightly different, whereas most areas concerning cannabis are different, becoming familiar (first smoking, then vaping, growing, pressing, dabbing, etc).
Lord above, don't I go on about nothing.
Thanks you for the information, @psychonaut , it is of particular interest to me, is what I meant to say.

I love cooking with cannabis, I don't go all out like using infused EVOO to sautee in, I am more into the small dose edibles I can dose in discreet. I've made cookies, brownies, fudge, caramels, cannabutter, cannacoco oil and hard candies. My favorites were the candy melts/almond bark because how easy they are to make and they stay good and solid even with the extras I add in (decarbed rosin, lechitin and butter).

I ate a half-piece of chocolate that night that landed me somewhere in outerspace, I was having a pretty psychadelic experience and the wife noticed :dog: I was laughing, a few times nearly uncontrollably. I should advise some caution to those who follow my recipe completely, you may want to drop your cannabis oil amount down or start out with 1/8th of a piece of chocolate and make sure you don't get too high. I was borderline too high, I think if I had ate a whole chocolate I may have needed a guide to lead me through the deep waters.

I love cooking with cannabis, I don't go all out like using infused EVOO to sautee in, I am more into the small dose edibles I can dose in discreet. I've made cookies, brownies, fudge, caramels, cannabutter, cannacoco oil. My favorites were the candy melts/almond bark because how easy they are to make and they stay good and solid even with the extras I add in (decarbed rosin, lechitin and butter).

I ate a piece of chocolate that night that landed me somewhere in outerspace, I was having a pretty psychadelic experience and the wife noticed :dog: I was laughing, a few times nearly uncontrollably. I should advise some caution to those who follow my recipe completely, you may want to drop your cannabis oil amount down or start out with 1/8th of a piece of chocolate and make sure you don't get too high. I was borderline too high, I think if I had ate a whole chocolate I may have needed a guide to lead me through the deep waters.
DUDE !
So awesome!
Fuck I love CHOCOLATE!
Can’t wait 2 try 2-B CIVILIZED
INFUSION of THC = CREATIVE DREAMS

Is it necessary to decarb the chips even though heat was applied I'm the rosin process?

Yep, sure is. The majority of cannabinoids in rosin are still in their acidic form. In fact, you can repress the rosin using a very fine micron filter like 25u using low temperatures and low pressure to isolate the THC-a!

I prefer to decarb the grain alcohol washed oil versus the pucks themself, as the decarb process will also purge any remaining grain alcohol!

Last edited:
Yep, sure is. The majority of cannabinoids in rosin are still in their acidic form. In fact, you can repress the rosin using a very fine micron filter like 25u using low temperatures and low pressure to isolate the THC-a!

I prefer to decarb the grain alcohol washed oil versus the pucks themself, as the decarb process will also purge any remaining grain alcohol!
I wondered why you decarbed the pucks after, but figured there was a good reason.
It is a good reason.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back