Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Tek Rosin Tek

Did a 150f, 2000psi squish on some 19 month old buds,
IMG_20200313_123225.jpg

Came out nice, I might try 140f next time...how low can we go! I repressed higher and hotter for 15.2% total return.
Did a 205f,2500psi squish for a full spectrum batch with the same type of buds for a 14.8% return,
IMG_20200319_164159.jpg

Did a 150f, 2000psi squish on some 19 month old buds,
View attachment 17245
Came out nice, I might try 140f next time...how low can we go! I repressed higher and hotter for 15.2% total return.
Did a 205f,2500psi squish for a full spectrum batch with the same type of buds for a 14.8% return,
View attachment 17246
I've been doing a low heat and low pressure but longer time squish lately for the first squish

Then higher temp and slightly higher pressure to get the remaining rosin

I don't get large yields from the low temp press but it is definitely a more subtle and smoother dab
Much cleaner on the nail too

The second press yields are bigger
They are harsher on the dab and more to clean (more waxes and chlorophyll I assume)

Sometimes I think the dirtier stuff hits harder but I don't know that this is real

The low temp press is a nice and smoother experience though
Kind of like extra virgin olive oil vs olive oil

Both are the goods but one is a finer quality and cleaner

Did a 63C (145f) squish bottletech on 10g puck, no drips but got a small but nice 0.55g,
IMG_20200328_150212.jpg

I repressed the puck at 96c(205f) for an extra 1.0g for a decent 15.5% return...soo smooth!

Did a 63C (145f) squish bottletech on 10g puck, no drips but got a small but nice 0.55g,
View attachment 17420
I repressed the puck at 96c(205f) for an extra 1.0g for a decent 15.5% return...soo smooth!
I had to get my dog put down on the 13th so I vaped all my rosin, drank .25 gallon of Jim Beam, a handful of Amitriptyline and Endone over the following 2 days and needless to say I had forgotten to post the pics, better late than never,
This much,
View attachment 15715

Made this mess,

View attachment 15716

And the cleanup,

View attachment 15714
My little dog (I love)?
My surf tribe made fun of her.
They had big mean dog’s!

Been burping my latest crop for a week or so since the initial dry and thought I might squish 10g of it for something different,
Not too bad looking bud,

IMG_20200331_155740.jpg

The first press was at 71C (160f) and 2000psi on the gauge, no drips, more crystal-like and was nice to collect, 1.16g,

IMG_20200331_184943.jpg

And repressed at 99C (210f) and 2750psi for a further 0,70g, drips this time and was easy to collect as well, just not as easy as the first,

IMG_20200331_163258.jpg

As you can see my new eBay pucks are holding up well.

A final yield of 1.86g or 18.6% is pretty good and the flavor is way OTT, too piney and tarty to vape too much in a row but is a nice change,
in the jars,

IMG_20200331_184743.jpg

This is what it looks like a day after, more crumbly now,

IMG_20200401_165151.jpg

Turned 10g (12x nice chunky nugs) of the next oldest vintage crop into 2.32g (over 23% yield, yah) of nice rosin. 2 different temp and pressure runs as usual,
IMG_20200405_141702.jpg

Sorry about the washed-out pics my eyes were just as blurry while I was taking them, this stuff is more toffee-like than crumbly...today!

Edit, this batch of buds is from Feb 2019

Last edited:
Turned 10g (12x nice chunky nugs) of the next oldest vintage crop into 2.32g (over 23% yield, yah) of nice rosin. 2 different temp and pressure runs as usual,
View attachment 17658
Sorry about the washed-out pics my eyes were just as blurry while I was taking them, this stuff is more toffee-like than crumbly...today!

Edit, this batch of buds is from Feb 2019
Very good return. I am convinced by this point that return is almost utterly dependent on specific strain/grow (if you don't bollocks it up entirely with the press) and that's not just THC numbers. There seems to be something else at work driving variances in yields, in my uninformed opinion.

utterly dependent on specific strain/grow
I have had between 13 and now 23%, all cloned from the same mumma plant, different parts of the plant will yield differently along with which season the crop was grown in, in my case anyway as I do not heat or cool my grow room.

I have had between 13 and now 23%, all cloned from the same mumma plant, different parts of the plant will yield differently along with which season the crop was grown in, in my case anyway as I do not heat or cool my grow room.
Like a dumb shit, I planted CANNABIS behind a wall that had full sun?
The crop was OK however I worked harder than just outside?
I guess it is a matter of what your up against?

Did a 12g puck and had a little blow out, not sure why, maybe a little too quick on adding pressure due to mucking around with the camera, managed to get 1.5g without too much plant matter to worry about,

End result,

IMG_20200901_190957.jpg

Hand stuffed bottletech, 96c (203f) (which is at my usual high end temp), low pressure of 1500psi and only 3 minutes total time on the press, 30 seconds pre-heat, 30 seconds to pump up to pressure, and 2 minutes of adding pumps to keep the pressure constant at 1500psi. Not a large yield...about 16%, but rather nice looking,
1659522498598.jpg

And the next day, it did not crumble or dry out,
1659585904652.jpg

There are definitely more flavours that I must have always boiled off by taking too long on the plates, so another variant to add to my supply to spice up the one-strain blues...thanks for the heads up to try something completely different @felvapes..no it is your turn!
I believe this rosin is also smoother as I had no 1st morning dab cough to get the coating going ready for the day and I started with a pretty large one...what sore shoulder?:smug:

Hand stuffed bottletech, 96c (203f) (which is at my usual high end temp), low pressure of 1500psi and only 3 minutes total time on the press, 30 seconds pre-heat, 30 seconds to pump up to pressure, and 2 minutes of adding pumps to keep the pressure constant at 1500psi. Not a large yield...about 16%, but rather nice looking,
View attachment 38804
And the next day, it did not crumble or dry out,
View attachment 38803
There are definitely more flavours that I must have always boiled off by taking too long on the plates, so another variant to add to my supply to spice up the one-strain blues...thanks for the heads up to try something completely different @felvapes..no it is your turn!
I believe this rosin is also smoother as I had no 1st morning dab cough to get the coating going ready for the day and I started with a pretty large one...what sore shoulder?:smug:
That's heaps nice looking and great to see/hear the results
I was hoping those parameters would give some nice results
Glad they are worthy and worked out for you

Cheers for trying it out for me as I have to wait till I get a new script to do a new press
I'll give it a go next squish now for sure

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back