Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Extraction RosinBomb Rocket

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have been looking at all sorts of rosin presses and noticed the following review that Troy at 420vapezone has done. It looks very neat and tidy with ease of use for smaller loads (5g) being the name of the game. Mo pumps or compressors needed, it has its own electric motor for squishing. It is also made in the USA so that will appeal to some, at about US$600 it is a large investment but seems like a well thought out piece of kit and would look nice sitting anywhere, not like some of the others I have seen, think medieval thumb screw torture devices.:biggrin:

Available here;
https://www.namastevaporizers.com/products/rosinbomb-rocket-110v?sscid=41k3_9ha13
Not sure about outside of US customers though.

So the idea of having a press sitting on one's worktop ready to squish at a moments notice does not appeal?
I thought I could use it to always have freshly squeezed bud as needed, not storage jars, just press as you need it, 1 bud at a time no bottle tech or bags...dumb idea?
:stick:

So the idea of having a press sitting on one's worktop ready to squish at a moments notice does not appeal?
I thought I could use it to always have freshly squeezed bud as needed, not storage jars, just press as you need it, 1 bud at a time no bottle tech or bags...dumb idea?
:stick:
No, not a dumb idea...just I believe that the rosin bomb is probably not that highly rated by owners...not a lot of traction as far as I can tell.

This might be of interest to you:

https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/3051/rosinbomb-rocket-vs-mypress-vs-nugsmasher-mini/p1

Less room is the only thing I can think of. But the question for me is, how do I use my 1 strain in as many ways as possible. I have been checking out material for a screen workbench for trimming on as you suggested for my dry sift foray:thumbsup:
Hell, I have even been thinking about edibles.:disgust:
I just like variation and as many choices as I can get in this Aussie prohibition backwater.:nod:
:peace:

I just don't understand how pressing it improves it is all.
I understand it is fun to do and created a whole industry but have yet to see the actual improvement in product quality.
Slightly cleaner...........sure but the terpene loss due to the heat and pressure is way more discernable to the palate?

I understand it is fun to do and created a whole industry but have yet to see the actual improvement in product quality.
Slightly cleaner...........sure but the terpene loss due to the heat and pressure is way more discernable to the palate?
So....and this is just my general belief and I'm no expert on this at all...but if you use small micron bags for squishing your sift, you will get the rosin and leave a lot of plant material, waxes, and fats behind.

Dry sift or multi-bag bubble hash...even if done perfectly and all you have is the heads of the trichomes (which is not realistic, I believe), then just cuticle of the trichomes is in there and will be separated out (one would hope). Fact is most dry sift that I have seen is NOT full melt so there is indeed a good bit of remaining plant material and pressing it should leave some of that behind....no???

I have much more experience with rosin than dry sift, so take this what it's worth. Several times now I've pressed dry sift to make rosin. I just have a shaker bag i use with dry ice to make dry sift. I also use a rv washing machine to make ice water hash. Fwiw

The rosin from the dry sift, tasted better, vaped better, and was easier to work with than the dry sift it came from. The used dry sift rosin bags have left overs (wax, i believe) obviously not in the rosin. Maybe that's the difference? Idk

Maybe a more favorable comparison would be full melt hash to rosin.

My take on pressing sift is that by using a mesh bag for pressing, usually in 37 micron, you can press the oil out while keeping the waxy membrane/trichome husk inside the bag. This is a bit different from pressing hash, which ruptures the membrane and then incorporates it into the end product. This would suggest that rosin is a cleaner product than hash or straight dry sift on it's own.

Maybe a more favorable comparison would be full melt hash to rosin.
Full melt hash should leave more residue behind than rosin will, especially if the rosin was pressed through a screen, no? This is, as usual, pure speculation on my part and I welcome and feedback on that statement - I'm learning as I type :)

Thats a great link! Which mesh sizes do you tend to use?

Here's another sift vid...
Scroll into about the 10 minute mark to get to the sifting...
Scroll to the 14 minute mark to see pressing...

May I suggest these here I use them and like to stack them..........lolz.
Inernational freight requires a minimum spend of US$5000:razz2: I might have to look closer to home.:thumbsup:

DSC-0467.jpg

CSC-0468.jpg

BounceOmatic 4200 series.............lolz.

Just watched this too

Rosin would decarb and make it pure
Or we should press after drying apparently

I make my kief into rosin as it produces great quality and yields

I hadn't squished my bubble hash though

Will think about squishing some and pressing the other to compare

Frenchy would be a great person to invite to a party, he is really good at explaining for someone that English is not his native language. I wonder what sort of plastic sheet he was rolling the hash in, I know it was cellophane for the temple ball, the hot bottle rolling stuff?

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back