Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Saionara - SAI

I purchased a SAI back during the 4/20 sales but really haven't used it much until this last week. I don't care for the dnail set up I have up here... it's the old analog type with a 16mm domeless quartz nail. The nail is so small you can't even swab it with a qtip so it gets funky real fast. I've been spoiled by the 710coil bangers lol.

Anyway... I digress. I've been using the SAI up here as my concentrate driver and am very happy I had the foresight to bring it with me. I still maintain that it's a rosin hog.... but the flavor (as @Shredder has mentioned) stays nice throughout the session using the ceramic donuts. I can honestly say that this has become my favorite portable concentrate device.

So a question. This is aimed at you Shredder lol. When you clean the mouthpiece/cap... do you just dunk it in ISO? Mine has gotten some serious reclaim going and it's time to clean it.

I take off the mouth piece tube and wipe it with an alcohol prep pad, and dunk the rest of the top in iso. I try not to get iso on the tube oring.

The atomizers I wipe out with a paper towel once or twice, then I clean with warmed up iso, followed by a water rinse. An ultrasonic cleaner might be better.

When I use a cleaned up atomizer I up the heat to 490F briefly to dry up the water to to get carbon off the donut. This takes 10-15 seconds of pressing the fire button.

Then reset the temps and reload.

Right now using a 75w pico mod I have it set on 27w and 280F for rosin.

Edit- your probably getting splatter? If your lower the wattage, you get less splatter, but it takes longer to get vapor with less wattage. It's a trade off and the users choice. Keep in mind our 75 w picos have a ten second shut off, so you may have to let up on the fire button and repress it. At 27-30 watts you get vapor in about 2-3 seconds, at 20 watts it can take 8-9 seconds, but less splatter.

Last edited:
I messed up my ceramic donut a while ago. I’m going to give a new one a test run soon. Last night I used a quartz coil - the single wrapped quartz type. It worked pretty well but the flavor wasn’t the greatest.

This device sure is efficient though. I used a tiny piece of shatter last night and wow was it strong.

Na, I will wait for the Black Friday sales as they were out of stock of a couple of different coils I wanted to try and the heatsink. Plus I just ordered a Sic Halo kit and I have to get a hold of a Dabpress first to make my Rosin. (I am over hair straighteners, very short relationship).:thumbsup:

Got my Sai today (thanks to a generous member for looking after me) and I have only used the Ti bucket atty so far and am liking it, seems very well made.
IMG_20190916_131915.jpg

I also grabbed another Eleaf Pico from DHGate that is 85w instead of 75 so I can compare the Sai with other mod based rosin munchers.
I used the Ti for a few hours and thought I would give the quartz bucket a try on the 85w mod, I set the mod to Ni Temp mode, 480f(250c), 32 watts, locked on 0.54 (I think, it was whatever the mod said). I hit the fire button for a quick burn off and the temp started to rise then I heard a 'Crack' and the mod now says 'No Atomizer Found' and the ceramic heater under the quartz bucket does not look good.
Could I have done something wrong or was I just unlucky?
Everything was only hand tight,
IMG_20190916_192254.jpg

I am a little hesitant to try my Ti on the 85w Mod in case the mod was the problem, any thoughts are welcome.
Edit, the mod is fine as it runs the donut coil just fine. The Ti bucket decided to play up as well, Pico mod says 'Atomizer Short', so I pulled it apart and found one wire had pierced the rubber grommet to short on the body and that the atty has seen a bit of use(pretty black and dirty in places so might explain the short). Fixed that and noticed I can use the Quartz in the Ti bucket, easy swap around, time for another go!

Last edited:
Got my Sai today (thanks to a generous member for looking after me) and I have only used the Ti bucket atty so far and am liking it, seems very well made.
View attachment 13107
I also grabbed another Eleaf Pico from DHGate that is 85w instead of 75 so I can compare the Sai with other mod based rosin munchers.
I used the Ti for a few hours and thought I would give the quartz bucket a try on the 85w mod, I set the mod to Ni Temp mode, 480f(250c), 32 watts, locked on 0.54 (I think, it was whatever the mod said). I hit the fire button for a quick burn off and the temp started to rise then I heard a 'Crack' and the mod now says 'No Atomizer Found' and the ceramic heater under the quartz bucket does not look good.
Could I have done something wrong or was I just unlucky?
Everything was only hand tight,
View attachment 13108
I am a little hesitant to try my Ti on the 85w Mod in case the mod was the problem, any thoughts are welcome.
Edit, the mod is fine as it runs the donut coil just fine. The Ti bucket decided to play up as well, Pico mod says 'Atomizer Short', so I pulled it apart and found one wire had pierced the rubber grommet to short on the body and that the atty has seen a bit of use(pretty black and dirty in places so might explain the short). Fixed that and noticed I can use the Quartz in the Ti bucket, easy swap around, time for another go!

There are two types of ceramic heaters. Donuts and plates. Plates suck, lol. Very easy to break, donuts seem more durable.

When the atomizer breaks you get no atomizer recognized or atomizer short messages.

So with the donut coil, do you only load on the donut itself and does it matter if some goes in the donut hole?

So with the donut coil, do you only load on the donut itself and does it matter if some goes in the donut hole?

I like to load a medium size load, take a few hits and load a larger load. It kinda primes the pump. Sometimes the donut top looks like it's floating.

Thats How I can hit on it for hours. A big load. Much more than my typical enail dab.

I use it until the donut gets black or the taste goes south. Then I swab it with a paper towel, and reload. After a few reloads I just replace the coil, and deep clean the dirty coils.

It's not the most efficient, but I like to keep the good tastes going.

Edit, keep in mind the heat is in the donut, so try not to scrape concentrate on the sides as there is no heat there. When using a cleaned coil I do a dry burn off before loading. Typically I can hear iso/water sizzling as it dries

Last edited:
To Sai or watch the m22 longer....
A portable trate vape is in my future
Watching, waiting, wanting

Like 2 concentrate vapes would be a problem, lol.

I do think they will be different. Not sure if the M22 would be a load and go vape, like how I use my sai. And I'm wondering if the m22's mouthpiece would get too hot. All questions the reviews should answer.

I think by black Friday we should have a good idea about the M22.

Like 2 concentrate vapes would be a problem, lol.

I do think they will be different. Not sure if the M22 would be a load and go vape, like how I use my sai. And I'm wondering if the m22's mouthpiece would get too hot. All questions the reviews should answer.

I think by black Friday we should have a good idea about the M22.
That helps a little
I do want a.load and go for the day type vape
Rosin is too much to muck around with out and about

Last edited:
That helps a little
I do want a.load and go for the day type vape
Rosin is too much to muck around with out and about

Depending on how you use it, it's both a session vape and a load n go. I think most folks use buckets, small loads and quick sessions. And old fucks like me like low temps and load and go with ceramic donuts.

I never got the hang of buckets. Always hot tasting hits. Couldn't load much either. Good tasting hits went fast. It could be my fault idk.

Speaking of old fucks, an even older fuck I know, a 75yr old, rips the metallic coils. He told me gets four ready that he keeps in a tube for about any outing. Puts me to shame, lol. Between his sai and his other vapes he goes through about 10 grams a month.

Depending on how you use it, it's both a session vape and a load n go. I think most folks use buckets, small loads and quick sessions. And old fucks like me like low temps and load and go with ceramic donuts.

I never got the hang of buckets. Always hot tasting hits. Couldn't load much either. Good tasting hits went fast. It could be my fault idk.

Speaking of old fucks, an even older fuck I know, a 75yr old, rips the metallic coils. He told me gets four ready that he keeps in a tube for about any outing. Puts me to shame, lol. Between his sai and his other vapes he goes through about 10 grams a month.
I'm waiting a little and will keep watching
But am leaning towards the Sai ATM
If/when I do make up my mind I will hit you up about what to buy etc and where from
Cheers for all your info about the Sai

I agree with @Shredder about the buckets, single shots work best so not the best for out and about. I am just starting to use the donut coil, it can be used as a lower temp solo hitter too, but with @Shredder 's advice, I just dropped a couple of balls of rosin (4mm terp ball size) into the donut, then a bit more of the dabber while firing just enough to melt it all and leave the donut 'floating' in rosin and have had 6 or 7 hits then just adding a bit more each puff or 2 to keep it ready for whenever I am, Ni temp control set at 135C at 25w. The temps are all over the place compared to regulated herb vapes as it is controlling the coils wire temp, not a bowl...I think!
I was a bit spaced out yesterday when a friend came around for a sesh and showed him the Sai. I had a pretty big blob on what I thought was the donut coil but had forgotten I had the donut heater for the buckets in (Ni temp control 225c, 35w) and the buckets were in the ultrasonic cleaner. I just finished telling him how smooth the donut coil was and took a bit long hit and coughed my ringer out...I soon realized the mistake and we had a good laugh at my throats expense.

I agree with @Shredder about the buckets, single shots work best so not the best for out and about. I am just starting to use the donut coil, it can be used as a lower temp solo hitter too, but with @Shredder 's advice, I just dropped a couple of balls of rosin (4mm terp ball size) into the donut, then a bit more of the dabber while firing just enough to melt it all and leave the donut 'floating' in rosin and have had 6 or 7 hits then just adding a bit more each puff or 2 to keep it ready for whenever I am, Ni temp control set at 135C at 25w. The temps are all over the place compared to regulated herb vapes as it is controlling the coils wire temp, not a bowl...I think!
I was a bit spaced out yesterday when a friend came around for a sesh and showed him the Sai. I had a pretty big blob on what I thought was the donut coil but had forgotten I had the donut heater for the buckets in (Ni temp control 225c, 35w) and the buckets were in the ultrasonic cleaner. I just finished telling him how smooth the donut coil was and took a bit long hit and coughed my ringer out...I soon realized the mistake and we had a good laugh at my throats expense.

There is a bit of a learning curve for sure. But it's fun experimenting. Even though I didn't care for the buckets, I did get higher than hell using them, lol.

I keep two sai's loaded. Each with a different rosin. One in the house and one in my man cave.

Typically I take 2-3 hits and I'm off doing something. But I also do sessions with them too.

Partly because of how I use my sai's, I'd say they're not all that efficient. But I don't try to hit it after the good taste goes away.

If I had to buy my gear, I might use it differently. It definitely helps if you grow and squeeze your own.

I had a 2-hour sesh on the ceramic donut last night without having to reload, I did as @shredder suggested and kept adding and just melting more rosin until the donut looked like it was floating, probably 10 small to medium-sized dabs worth.

I set the mod to Ni TC 130c (266f) power at 30w locked on 0.70 ohms, as @shredder suggested as a starting point and was getting pretty good clouds but was making me cough a bit.

I then consulted the Sai chart on Planet of the Vapes site and set the temperature to 150c (302f) and the power to 20w and was getting a much better experience. Slightly fuller vapor and a whole lot less coughing, very happy with those figures.

The Sai was still tasting pretty good when I gave up and went to bed, could barely feel my legs, very toastie, slept like a log.
Still getting a few hits off it today, getting whispy but not tasting bad like an empty coil would as it nears empty!
Probably not the most efficient way to use the Sai but it is better than continually loading, over and over.

I noticed oil had leaked out through the 2 holes in the bottom of the donut coil when I changed it out to clean.
@Shredder, do you have any of the bottom airflow holes opened when using the donut coil? I just left mine shut off from when I used the bucket coils, maybe this is why it is leaking?

Here is a chart for a starting point with the different coils that you can get for the Sai;

TC (Temperature Control) Power Options
Kanthal Black Ceramic 4mm Wattage Mode Only 14-28w; Best: 26w Biggest clouds, less taste, quick heat up
Kanthal
Black Ceramic 2mm
Wattage Mode Only 15-25w; Best: 23w Big clouds, less taste, quicker heat up
Kanthal
Quartz 4mm
Wattage Mode Only 14-28w, Best: 26w Big clouds, more taste, quick heat up
Kanthal
Quartz 2mm
Wattage Mode Only 20-25w; Best: 23w Big clouds, more taste, quicker heat up
Stainless Steel
Black Ceramic 4mm
SS: 360-400F 20-25w; Best: 20w Good clouds, good flavor, slightly slow heat up
Stainless Steel
Black Ceramic 2mm
SS: 350-400F 17-25w; Best: 20w Good clouds, good flavor
Stainless Steel
Quartz 4mm
SS: 360-400F 20-25w; Best: 20w Good clouds, great flavor, slightly slower heat up
Stainless Steel
Quartz 2mm
SS: 350-400F 17-25w; Best: 20w Good clouds, great flavor
Titanium
Quartz x3
Ti: 420-460F 20-27w; Best: 23 Good clouds, great taste, fast, consistent
Slightly more vapor and slower than x2
Titanium
Quartz x2
Ti: 340-400F 15-25w; Best: 22 Good clouds, great taste, fast, consistent
Slightly faster heat up than X3 version
Titanium
Black Ceramic x3
Ti: 420-460F 20-27w; Best: 23 Big clouds, good taste, fast, consistent
Ceramic Donut Ni: 300-380F 15-25w; Best 18w Good clouds, great taste
Ceramic Miracle Coil A Wattage Mode Only 11-12w; Best 12w Made for thinner oils
Ceramic Miracle Coil B Wattage Mode Only 11-12w; Best 12w Made for thinner oils
Quartz Bucket Ni: 380-440F 25-35w; Best 32 Great clouds, great taste, slow heat up
Ti Bucket Ni: 350-440F 25-35w; Best 32 Great clouds, good taste, slow heat up
Clapton S: 300-400F 15-25w; Best: 20w Good balance of taste and clouds
Crushed Clapton S: 300-400F 15-25w; Best: 20w Big clouds, quick heat up, less waste

Ok now for some more quartz bucket testing,
IMG_20190925_144024.jpg

At least I do not have to worry about oil running out of any bottom holes like the donut coil as the buckets are designed for top airflow.

I had a 2-hour sesh on the ceramic donut last night without having to reload, I did as @shredder suggested and kept adding and just melting more rosin until the donut looked like it was floating, probably 10 small to medium-sized dabs worth.

I set the mod to Ni TC 130c (266f) power at 30w locked on 0.70 ohms, as @shredder suggested as a starting point and was getting pretty good clouds but was making me cough a bit.

I then consulted the Sai chart on Planet of the Vapes site and set the temperature to 150c (302f) and the power to 20w and was getting a much better experience. Slightly fuller vapor and a whole lot less coughing, very happy with those figures.

The Sai was still tasting pretty good when I gave up and went to bed, could barely feel my legs, very toastie, slept like a log.
Still getting a few hits off it today, getting whispy but not tasting bad like an empty coil would as it nears empty!
Probably not the most efficient way to use the Sai but it is better than continually loading, over and over.

I noticed oil had leaked out through the 2 holes in the bottom of the donut coil when I changed it out to clean.
@Shredder, do you have any of the bottom airflow holes opened when using the donut coil? I just left mine shut off from when I used the bucket coils, maybe this is why it is leaking?

Here is a chart for a starting point with the different coils that you can get for the Sai;

TC (Temperature Control) Power Options
Kanthal Black Ceramic 4mm Wattage Mode Only 14-28w; Best: 26w Biggest clouds, less taste, quick heat up
Kanthal
Black Ceramic 2mm
Wattage Mode Only 15-25w; Best: 23w Big clouds, less taste, quicker heat up
Kanthal
Quartz 4mm
Wattage Mode Only 14-28w, Best: 26w Big clouds, more taste, quick heat up
Kanthal
Quartz 2mm
Wattage Mode Only 20-25w; Best: 23w Big clouds, more taste, quicker heat up
Stainless Steel
Black Ceramic 4mm
SS: 360-400F 20-25w; Best: 20w Good clouds, good flavor, slightly slow heat up
Stainless Steel
Black Ceramic 2mm
SS: 350-400F 17-25w; Best: 20w Good clouds, good flavor
Stainless Steel
Quartz 4mm
SS: 360-400F 20-25w; Best: 20w Good clouds, great flavor, slightly slower heat up
Stainless Steel
Quartz 2mm
SS: 350-400F 17-25w; Best: 20w Good clouds, great flavor
Titanium
Quartz x3
Ti: 420-460F 20-27w; Best: 23 Good clouds, great taste, fast, consistent
Slightly more vapor and slower than x2
Titanium
Quartz x2
Ti: 340-400F 15-25w; Best: 22 Good clouds, great taste, fast, consistent
Slightly faster heat up than X3 version
Titanium
Black Ceramic x3
Ti: 420-460F 20-27w; Best: 23 Big clouds, good taste, fast, consistent
Ceramic Donut Ni: 300-380F 15-25w; Best 18w Good clouds, great taste
Ceramic Miracle Coil A Wattage Mode Only 11-12w; Best 12w Made for thinner oils
Ceramic Miracle Coil B Wattage Mode Only 11-12w; Best 12w Made for thinner oils
Quartz Bucket Ni: 380-440F 25-35w; Best 32 Great clouds, great taste, slow heat up
Ti Bucket Ni: 350-440F 25-35w; Best 32 Great clouds, good taste, slow heat up
Clapton S: 300-400F 15-25w; Best: 20w Good balance of taste and clouds
Crushed Clapton S: 300-400F 15-25w; Best: 20w Big clouds, quick heat up, less waste

Ok now for some more quartz bucket testing,
View attachment 13305

At least I do not have to worry about oil running out of any bottom holes like the donut coil as the buckets are designed for top airflow.

I had concentrate leak out the bottom of the coil twice. Once after I used water to boil out a coil. And once when I got carried away with loading it too much.

Never out the bottom air holes.

My problem with the quartz bucket was rosin climbing the walls and overflowing getting the coil under the bucket dirty.

Hopefully you won't have that happen, or figure out how to avoid that.

I don't use buckets, so I have the top air holes blocked on my taf model. And my other sai only has lower air holes as it's not an taf model. So yes I have the lower air holes open. Usually 3 holes open.

I got carried away with loading it too much.
I think my donut was drowning more than floating, probably 8 to 10 good dabs on my Halo worth, might try a little less next time.

I broke the bucket donut coil while cleaning (from the previous owner's overflow I assume) as it could now be seen at the bottom when using the quartz cup). I should have just left the small stain...oh well.

I then sacrificed the used donut coil that came with my unit and pulled it's heater coil and put that in my bucket coil to keep the quartz bucket going, getting the hang of the mechanics of the unit now!

So I am down to 1 dodgied up bucket coil (Ti or quartz) and 1 brand spanker donut coil...time to be more careful and no more overclocking my heaters!
I quite like the quartz bucket, TC Ni, 195c(380f), 25w. 1x 10 second preheat and then 3 really nice tokes follwed by a rest, reheat for another 3 good puffs, rest again then a few more whispy but still nice tasting pulls from a small dab (4mm terp ball size).
I then upped the temperature to 200c and got more vapor but the taste went to shit!
No problems with oil running up and over the walls with the small load, I might keep adding to see how long a sesh I can get without making a mess.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back