Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Saionara - SAI

Anyone have suggestions for which coil works best with a given concentrate? I've been using the ceramic donut for shatter and rosin. I don't think I've tried anything other than rosin or shatter in the Sai/Sequoia. In addition to the ceramic donut I've tried the glass bowl, titanium bowl and some of the others.

Any thoughts on the best coil to use for a given concentrate?

Anyone have suggestions for which coil works best with a given concentrate? I've been using the ceramic donut for shatter and rosin. I don't think I've tried anything other than rosin or shatter in the Sai/Sequoia. In addition to the ceramic donut I've tried the glass bowl, titanium bowl and some of the others.

Any thoughts on the best coil to use for a given concentrate?

It's really a personal decision. I prefer the ceramic donuts. But I know friends that prefer the buckets and the metal coils.

Afaik all the coils work for all concentrates.

It's really a personal decision. I prefer the ceramic donuts. But I know friends that prefer the buckets and the metal coils.

Afaik all the coils work for all concentrates.

Are you using any special software on your mod? I have a VooPoo drag and an Espion. Red Panda is available for the Espion. I guess it can help with dialing in settings. I’m not sure if it’s necessary. I’ve had luck with the recommended settings. I just don’t know if tweaking settings would take things to the next level assuming there is one.

Just realized I’d been running the ceramic coil too hot. I had it set at 20w and 380f. I’m going to back it down a bit. I’m surprised it didn’t crack.

Last edited:
Are you using any special software on your mod? I have a VooPoo drag and an Espion. Red Panda is available for the Espion. I guess it can help with dialing in settings. I’m not sure if it’s necessary. I’ve had luck with the recommended settings. I just don’t know if tweaking settings would take things to the next level assuming there is one.

Just realized I’d been running the ceramic coil too hot. I had it set at 20w and 380f. I’m going to back it down a bit. I’m surprised it didn’t crack.

I use the ceramic coils and I have my mod set to 26.5w and 280°F. When I checked the actual coil temp I got 430°. So fairly low temps.

I just have a stock 75 w Pico with no downloads. I think most of the custom downloads are for buckets, but I could be wrong.

How do you all clean the coils? I’ve read that some people drop the whole coil into a bag or shot glass with iso. Others put them in a bag with ISO and put that into an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner. I was just wiping them out with a precision q-tip that I dipped in iso.

I thought putting the entire coil into liquid would ruin it. Maybe not?

How do you all clean the coils? I’ve read that some people drop the whole coil into a bag or shot glass with iso. Others put them in a bag with ISO and put that into an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner. I was just wiping them out with a precision q-tip that I dipped in iso.

I thought putting the entire coil into liquid would ruin it. Maybe not?

I put dirty coils in a Ziploc bag, cover with iso and dip the bag into hot water.

The water heats the iso making it much more effective.

Anything left on the coils I swab off with a q tip. Then rinse with water and dry.

I was tooling around on the PIU site and saw this tutorial on the E-leaf Pico that I thought might be helpful for new users of the SAI. Trying to dial in the Pico was the hardest part of learning how to use this vape for me. Poor @Shredder had to field many a question from me lol.

They also have a blog on How to Use the SAI that walks through the different coils you can buy and how to use the unit with each.

So Shredder it looks like you are finally of the hook showing folks how to use this bad boy lol...

I need to get a new coil for mine so I can use it again. Been meaning to do that for over a month now. Would have been a handy vape to have during this last surgery.

Busted out the SAI today, so its Happy SAIterday!

20201003_122321.jpg

Ordered a bubbler to see if better. Any other tips?
If you are going down the bubbler route you may as well get a proper dab rig. :twocents:
That said, what atty are you using and what is your mod and settings? I am sure we can get it working better for you as a portable.:thumbsup:

I would have to agree with @LesPlenty that if you are going to use a bubbler, you might as well invest in an enail. I can't see using the SAI that way.

Any portable wax pen or atty is going to be harsher than using an enail with a bubbler. The atty you use can make a big difference though. As can the mod you use with it.

Tried with a RimC and just had it at 15 watts.
Fifteen watts is sort of low.... which accounts for why it lasted so long and why you felt you needed to keep depressing the button. The wattage is what controls how quickly it heats up. My favorite atty for the SAI is the ceramic donut. I use a Pico 75 watt mod set at 290°F - 310°F and at 30 watts.

Here is a review and usage guide from Vape Critic you might find helpful for settings, etc.

Hang on, you have shelled out on a portable concentrate rig...I am sure we can get this going better for its purpose...portability.
So what atty?...Ti bucket...Quartz bucket...Ti coil...S/S coil...clapton...ceramic donut...kenthal...or what...give the little guy a chance.
I use a Ti bucket...there are a few guides around but this is mine,
1603875276077.jpg

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back