Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Saionara - SAI

It's the best I've found, for me. There are a lot of coil options but I've pretty much settled on the ceramic donuts. I don't like exposed coils, and didn't care for the buckets, but I really like the donuts.

Not everyone likes the donuts although most agree they taste the best. The knocks are they need to be clean to get that great taste, and they don't provide gigantic lung buster hits, like the metal coils do.

I dirty up a coil a day using it by myself. I load it twice, then put on a clean coil. And when I have several dirty coils, I clean them. I just ordered a five pack today in fact.

Cleaning isn't terribly hard to do. I use a paper towel to wipe out a warm bowl. And my own little trick is to put a couple drops of ro water in the bowl, and boil it a few seconds. That loosens up the reclaim and makes it easier to clean with that towel. I scrunch up some towel into roughly the shape of the bowl and insert and twist it. Then I crank the temp up to 490 and heat up the donut. That dries it out and burns carbon off the donut. It gets red hot. And the donut turns white again. That's bout it. If they seem extra dirty ill soak them in warmed up iso, for a few minutes, and rinse and wipe before the water deal.

The buckets I thought I'd like I did not care for. I tasted ti in the ti bucket and the quartz bucket leaked rosin all over. I never got the taste dialed in either. Best I did was small loads killed in a couple hits. The donuts I can sip on, maintaining great taste, although a few sips and your zonked. the buckets were easy to clean tho, water and a q tip, presto, clean. I'm using 16 w in temp mode at 290F. I get vapor in four or five seconds after I hit the fire button. Less if it's warm.

I'm waiting for a sic bucket with an embedded wire heating it. First one of those out will make someone rich.
Thank you, @Shredder. I'm ordering coils, and now I know to try donuts. Especially helpful is your detailed explanation on how to clean the donuts. You make my day, every day, with your helpful advice and insightful comments, thank you. :clap:

I just wanted to add that I keep the istick pico in temp mode when I use heat to burn off junk from the donut. 490F and 16 w. And this is important, the wattage is locked at 16w. Higher wattage could burn out a wire. I'm not sure at what wattage the donuts will burn out. I did run them at 40w to run buckets, but still burning out a coil is a concern when it gets red hot. So the actual time the coil is red hot is very brief. When it cherries I let off the fire button.

I just didn't want anyone to burn out a coil based on my advise.

Just a quick update.

I'm still using the sai daily, with rosin. I bought a five pack of the donut coils and so now I only have to clean them every four or five days. I now have it set to 30w, and 300F on temperature (ni) control. I sometimes go to 290F on runny rosins. At this wattage it heats fairly fast and gives lots of tasty hits per load.

At this setting and at my usage, I have been charging it every 3 days or so. Two hits gives me a great buzz that can last me for hours. One hit to maintain a certain level, or as an early wake and bake.

I've shared it with a half dozen friends and everyone liked it so far, most comment on the taste. Some were surprised it was $80 (with accessisaries and a ti top flow sai, and 75 w istick pico mod) they figured it was much more. So all in all I'm happy with it and continue to use it daily. I still vape herb with my wife in the evening though, so I havnt been using it exclusively, but I use it a lot.

Mom, here's a subtle hint lol, saionara's are on sale at piu. $59, and that includes vape, 75w pico mod box and a battery. Hella price

Coils are 20% off
Lol.....

So... if a person was interested... which are your favorite coils? Are you still liking the ceramic donuts best?
And why was it you didn't like the quartz bucket style?

Lol.....

So... if a person was interested... which are your favorite coils? Are you still liking the ceramic donuts best?
And why was it you didn't like the quartz bucket style?

I like the ceramic donut coils the best. By and far the best taste. The temperature control on the mod keeps the user from overheating the concentrate. So the hits are consistent.

I'm not a fan of exposed metal coils, you mentioned the same i believe, i always taste metal. I did not care for the ti bucket for the same reason. The quartz bucket tasted better, but the rosin climbs the bucket walls and gets outside the bucket making a mess.

I bought a ti ($10 more than stainless) sai, the taf model (top air flow) because I thought I'd like the buckets. To do over I'd get the regular (not taf) since I'm not using the buckets. It is a $5 part if you ever wanted a taf ring later. Both have bottom air flow, but when using buckets, you close the bottom and use the top air flow. And vise versa using coils. The ti model is 30 grams lighter than the stainless steel model.

The only downside to the donuts IMHO is they need to be clean to keep the taste good. I like having a few coils because it takes the same time to clean 5 as it does one. Cleaning 1 or 5 is a 6-7 minute job. First I jam a paper towel into the bowl to collect any old resin, then soak the coils in warmed up iso for a few minutes. Rinse in water and dry. Carbon off the the donut surface can be vaporized with a controled heat up.

IF one was interested, I'd recommend the temp locked in at 300F and 30w when using the donuts. The recommended settings I've read we're pretty much useless, lol. And while I havnt tried to yet, there are custom setting downloads available for the mod.

I like the ceramic donut coils the best. By and far the best taste. The temperature control on the mod keeps the user from overheating the concentrate. So the hits are consistent.

I'm not a fan of exposed metal coils, you mentioned the same i believe, i always taste metal. I did not care for the ti bucket for the same reason. The quartz bucket tasted better, but the rosin climbs the bucket walls and gets outside the bucket making a mess.

I bought a ti ($10 more than stainless) sai, the taf model (top air flow) because I thought I'd like the buckets. To do over I'd get the regular (not taf) since I'm not using the buckets. It is a $5 part if you ever wanted a taf ring later. Both have bottom air flow, but when using buckets, you close the bottom and use the top air flow. And vise versa using coils. The ti model is 30 grams lighter than the stainless steel model.

The only downside to the donuts IMHO is they need to be clean to keep the taste good. I like having a few coils because it takes the same time to clean 5 as it does one. Cleaning 1 or 5 is a 6-7 minute job. First I jam a paper towel into the bowl to collect any old resin, then soak the coils in warmed up iso for a few minutes. Rinse in water and dry. Carbon off the the donut surface can be vaporized with a controled heat up.

IF one was interested, I'd recommend the temp locked in at 300F and 30w when using the donuts. The recommended settings I've read we're pretty much useless, lol. And while I havnt tried to yet, there are custom setting downloads available for the mod.
Thank you, @Shredder, for this comprehensive breakdown. When it comes time to order, I'm sure I'll benefit enormously from your experience and explanation. Knowing what to order, and not to will be quite helpful.

Thank you, @Shredder, for this comprehensive breakdown. When it comes time to order, I'm sure I'll benefit enormously from your experience and explanation. Knowing what to order, and not to will be quite helpful.

Thanks, and happy mother's day to you.

I bought a second sai, lol. Humboldt vape tech had a sale. $57 for a SS sai, istick pico 75 w and battery.

It came as a taf, (top air flow) and missing parts, but hvt is sending me a complete SS sai, so I'll have extra parts I guess.

I'm still using mine daily with rosin. Even after the honeymoon, the love goes on. :headbang:

I was using the quartz and although it’s working well I felt my shatter became reclaim pretty quickly. I was at 25 watts 390f tcr 315 on the Espion.

I’m usually using an Espion but I have a Drag 2 as well.

Btw, I have a Sequoia setup too. I wish there was an attachment that would let me use my Sequoia Poseidon with the Sai... basically a reducer of some sort. Maybe like a silicone insert.

I’d probably stick with the Sai if I could go back in time. It’s definitely large enough.

Thanks, and happy mother's day to you.

I bought a second sai, lol. Humboldt vape tech had a sale. $57 for a SS sai, istick pico 75 w and battery.

It came as a taf, (top air flow) and missing parts, but hvt is sending me a complete SS sai, so I'll have extra parts I guess.

I'm still using mine daily with rosin. Even after the honeymoon, the love goes on. :headbang:
You'd recommend Humboldt vape tech then, @Shredder? I'm a sucker for anything named for Humboldt, but I know the name isn't the best way to select a business. Unless it is...

You'd recommend Humboldt vape tech then, @Shredder? I'm a sucker for anything named for Humboldt, but I know the name isn't the best way to select a business. Unless it is...

I like HVT, puff it up, and planet of the vapes. They all sell kits and have sales.

I was using the quartz and although it’s working well I felt my shatter became reclaim pretty quickly. I was at 25 watts 390f tcr 315 on the Espion.

I’m usually using an Espion but I have a Drag 2 as well.

Btw, I have a Sequoia setup too. I wish there was an attachment that would let me use my Sequoia Poseidon with the Sai... basically a reducer of some sort. Maybe like a silicone insert.

I’d probably stick with the Sai if I could go back in time. It’s definitely large enough.

That was my experience with the quartz buckets as well. Although they do deliver a hella punch.

Before I gave up, I tried the ceramic coil that was a heater for the bucket and found my match. Since then I've bought 2 five packs of ceramic coils and haven't looked back. Currently I'm at 30w and locked in at 290F. It gives vapor in about 3-4 seconds.

I'm surprised these vapes aren't all the rage. It's basically a portable nail with about 8 or 10 coil/bucket options.

Would a thicker silicone o ring work on your water piece. They do come in a wide variety of sizes.

Last edited:
I like HVT, puff it up, and planet of the vapes. They all sell kits and have sales.
Even without the sale, you can get 15% off at PIU with the code PUFFEDUP.

Lol, Shredder talked me into getting a SAI during the 420 sales when PIU had them discounted. I've been using it on and off since. I got the bottom air flow (on his recommendation and after reading negative reviews on the bucket type atty's that use the top flow) which comes with a Kanthal coil. I'll go on record as saying I do not like that coil whatsoever. Tastes awful. I ordered the 5 pack of ceramic donut coils and those have a great flavor comparable to the ceramic bucket type atty's you'll find on the WaxMaxer.

All in all I like it. My issue is the same as I have with all wax pens; my product is really sticky and it's extremely hard to load into the atomizer. I feel all of these atomizer type devices are better with shatter consistency concentrates. Just my opinion.... not fact lol. But it's cheaper than the WaxMaxer or the Puffco Plus and those are my other favorite wax pens. So I think it's a good deal; especially when you can find them on sale and as a package deal like PIU had over the sales.

Even without the sale, you can get 15% off at PIU with the code PUFFEDUP.

Lol, Shredder talked me into getting a SAI during the 420 sales when PIU had them discounted. I've been using it on and off since. I got the bottom air flow (on his recommendation and after reading negative reviews on the bucket type atty's that use the top flow) which comes with a Kanthal coil. I'll go on record as saying I do not like that coil whatsoever. Tastes awful. I ordered the 5 pack of ceramic donut coils and those have a great flavor comparable to the ceramic bucket type atty's you'll find on the WaxMaxer.

All in all I like it. My issue is the same as I have with all wax pens; my product is really sticky and it's extremely hard to load into the atomizer. I feel all of these atomizer type devices are better with shatter consistency concentrates. Just my opinion.... not fact lol. But it's cheaper than the WaxMaxer or the Puffco Plus and those are my other favorite wax pens. So I think it's a good deal; especially when you can find them on sale and as a package deal like PIU had over the sales.

Maybe we can figure out the loading. How are you loading now?

I use a thin dabber, and manipulate a dab to hang off the dabber's bottom. Then I use heat to melt it on the donut. Be patient :).

A little heat will travel up the dabber if you hold it on the donut and melt more in.

Keep in mind the circular donut encloses the heating wire. I direct my dabber in the center hole and hold it there while I pulse the fire button.

If the concentrate is too sappy it might take several applications to get a decent amount.

I'm currently using a pea size dab. That will last me hours. Two hits is a nice dose.

A friend uses an alternative method. He holds a dab over the coil, and uses a lighter to gently melt and drip concentrate on the coil.

Last edited:
I have a nitecore that holds two batteries of different lengths. It works well, but I wouldn't recommend this one. It's hard to get a battery touching the electrodes and keep it there. The batteries want to slide around and come off the contacts. If I bought another I'd get one dedicated to one type and size of battery.

It does a good job though and it has lights to tell when it's charging and when it's done charging. Hope this helps.

Freezing the rosin has worked for me as well. It's just sort of a hassle on a daily basis (for me) when I can just hit the nail. I haven't needed to use the SAI out and about yet. That's when I think it will shine.

It produced a lot of vapor but the taste was terrible.
Have you tried the ceramic donut coils yet? I tend to not like any of the other types of coil atty's... the ceramic tastes so much better.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back