Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Saionara - SAI

Of topic but do any of you have a rec for a solid 18650 external battery charger.
I had an Xtar hat went up in smoke, now I have a Nitecore SC4 and have supplied the Nitecore UM2 to a friend, both are pretty ham fist proof.:thumbsup:

It sounds like I need a Saionara, I just have to find a seller that will deal with us upside-downers in Oz.:biggrin:
I will need to get a list of what I need exactly plus lots of spares at the same time so only hit once for shipping for a long time if I can only get it from the US.:thumbsup:

I had an Xtar hat went up in smoke, now I have a Nitecore SC4 and have supplied the Nitecore UM2 to a friend, both are pretty ham fist proof.:thumbsup:

It sounds like I need a Saionara, I just have to find a seller that will deal with us upside-downers in Oz.:biggrin:
I will need to get a list of what I need exactly plus lots of spares at the same time so only hit once for shipping for a long time if I can only get it from the US.:thumbsup:

3 places I know of are planet of the vapes, puff it up, and Humboldt vape tech.

You will need a mod and a 18650 battery capable of 20 watts.

Coils are up to you. There are a lot of choices.

The newest are the bucket coils. Ti and quartz buckets. If you like ti nails the ti bucket would be similar.
The quartz tends to leak, although it tastes good. Both buckets require top air flow saionaras. And I'd get a 2-3 battery mod for buckets because they go through more power. A heat sink helps keep the mod cooler if you go this route.

The other coils don't need a taf (top air flow). They do well with a one battery mod. The metal coils are wrapped around quartz or ceramic rods. There are several styles with one or two rods and different sizes.

I prefer the ceramic donut coils. Imo the taste is better. They will get dirty but are fairly easy to clean. I recommend at least a five pack, if you go this route.

Hope this helps. My sai is now my daily driver. I use rosin in it. And since I squeeze my own, it's not expensive to keep medicated.

I prefer the ceramic donut coils.
I was going to copy your set up, no buckets just the ceramic donut coils, I know jack shit about mods and atty's and the like and was just going on your recommendations.:thumbsup:

Nice! I opted for older D4 charger. I think it will work out for me. It’s probably considerably slower than the SC4 but it should still be ok.

I was going to copy your set up, no buckets just the ceramic donut coils, I know jack shit about mods and atty's and the like and was just going on your recommendations.:thumbsup:

I didn't know Jack shit about mods either. I'm only slightly better now, lol.

I had pens but always been disappointed in them. And I've used friends mods set on wattage mode. So the longer you press the fire button the hotter it gets. Soon your vaping reclaim.

But if you use a mod with TC or temperature control you set set the upper limits for both temperature and wattage.

To me this is a big improvement over other donut atomizers in pens without TC. The good taste from the first hits keeps up much longer.

A con is if you keep your coil clean, you'll waste some concentrate.

I clean or change coils when the taste goes south, and there is some rosin left. But to keep on vaping the taste keeps getting worse as you use the very last of what's there.

It's not a big deal if you grow your own. And cleaner concentrates won't be as bad. I made some rosin from old buds that we're exceptionally clean tho, and I used one coil for four days. But I usually change coils daily.

There’s a new Sequoia that runs both Saionara and Sequoia coils. Comes with a TAF too.

https://humboldtvapetech.com/product/new-sequoia/

Lol, I wish I’d waited but what can you do. I didn’t know. I have two setups now. Fun times! Fortunately I have two mods. The Espion and a Voopoo Drag 2. I guess I can use one for the Sai and one for the Sequoia.

I'm curious as to what type of concentrate you use? And how often you clean coils?

How do your two vapes compare? Do you prefer one over the other?

I chose a sai mostly because I generally use it alone. Not sure if bigger would be better for me based on my usage. I have two sai's now, but my wife is eyeing one up, lol.

I'm curious as to what type of concentrate you use? And how often you clean coils?

How do your two vapes compare? Do you prefer one over the other?

I chose a sai mostly because I generally use it alone. Not sure if bigger would be better for me based on my usage. I have two sai's now, but my wife is eyeing one up, lol.

I use rosin and shatter. I want to try wax but it seems as though there’s less to choose from in the way of concentrates right now. Unfortunately, I don’t think my dispensary rosin is clean. I’ve purchased it in the past and it was lighter in color. Maybe it depends on the strain? I try to keep the coils clean and swab them out after I use them.. I have extra buckets and once the concentrate is used up I soak those in ISO or Grunge Off.

I think the Sequoia is a little bit too big. The rosin seems to collect on the sides of the quartz bucket more so than with the Saionara. You could always get the new Sequoia and try out both types of coils.

Overall I prefer the Sai. I guess I just don’t need to load a ton of concentrate.

So where is the best place to get a Sai, spare donut coils(still favorite @Shredder) and a mod to suit for an outside of US customer?

Wanted to chime in. Never cared for ceramic donuts in vape pens, but Divine Tribe's Jet Steam atty (currently pictured in avatar) came with a 13 mm donut. Considering @Shredder's experience, gave it a try with shatter. It worked fine as a one-hitter, spreading the warm shatter thin over the parts of the donut that heat up most. Flat SS coils can still give slightly better flavor, IMO, but the ceramic donut is a very viable option. It's easier and more consistent.

Here is an interesting write up on the Sai, pretty accurate @Shredder @Disrupt ?
https://www.planetofthevapes.com/blogs/blog/saionara-buyers-guide

I'd say yes, accurate.

There are a ton of atomizer options for saionaras. I only use one, ceramic donuts. A two of my friends have a sai. One uses it like me, the other friend likes the metal coils.

To be more like a dab, I'd say a quartz or ti bucket is best. For me though, I like low temps and flavorful hits.

I load large dabs and hit it all day.

So what I'm saying is how you use it is up to the owner. And there are options.

Thanks @Shredder, if I am going to have to pay heaps for postage to Oz I would like to stock up so I might go the TAF as it comes with a Ti bucket and would I want 3 or more ceramic donuts? mated with a Pico 75w. I may also add a couple of different coils and a WPA to try as well. Plenty od time to shop as I have limited concentrates for now and a sic halo on the way.:thumbsup:
The Black Friday sales are not that far away so I better get studying.:sherlock:

Thanks @Shredder, if I am going to have to pay heaps for postage to Oz I would like to stock up so I might go the TAF as it comes with a Ti bucket and would I want 3 or more ceramic donuts? mated with a Pico 75w. I may also add a couple of different coils and a WPA to try as well. Plenty od time to shop as I have limited concentrates for now and a sic halo on the way.:thumbsup:
The Black Friday sales are not that far away so I better get studying.:sherlock:

Humbolt vape tech and planet of the vapes are other options. (I'm using my ancient I pad and for some reason I'm having trouble sending links) sometimes they have kits that have various atomizers included. And they all have sales.

You can ussually buy 5 packs of coils, but to start maybe some of each is best until you find a favorite. Your shipping costs suck, it's ussually free shipping here. The metal coils really rip, but I get a metallic taste because I'm sensitive to metal for some reason. My 75 yr old friend loves them.

When I used the buckets it worked best with smaller dabs that I could finish in a couple hits. After one or two hits the taste goes south. But you do get a dab rig high :headbang:. Using the donuts I load about two grains of rice sized dabs, low heat and sip on it all day. :myday: Like the young bull vrs old bull style of vaping, lol.

I have a taf ti model and two regular stainlesss steel sai's. The ti is nice but it's best feature is its lighter, probably not enough to make a big difference. The ti is ten bucks more. humbolt vape tech sells the heat sinks and silicone caps to keep the mouthpiece clean. I use the caps on mine, but prolly not needed.

It does take some practice to get the mod set right, then to get it dialed in. If you use buckets full time you might wanna get a heat sink. They're cheap and are just a spacer between the mod and vape to keep the mods cool. Using the other coils it's not needed. If you like gadgets you'll love it, if not you'll still survive. It's the vape I use most now.

Thanks @Shredder, if I am going to have to pay heaps for postage to Oz I would like to stock up so I might go the TAF as it comes with a Ti bucket and would I want 3 or more ceramic donuts? mated with a Pico 75w.

There are potential game-changers around the corner. AVS is following up their Molecule with the m22, which will feature a quartz bucket with encapsulated heating element. This should solve the problem of heating buckets sufficiently, evenly, and rapidly. Also, Divine Tribe just received their V4 - it may already be available. Don't know much about it, but worth a look. Loving their Jet Stream (pictured in avatar), and it's very high quality. Also like HVT, but have only used their bubblers.

There are potential game-changers around the corner. AVS is following up their Molecule with the m22, which will feature a quartz bucket with encapsulated heating element. This should solve the problem of heating buckets sufficiently, evenly, and rapidly. Also, Divine Tribe just received their V4 - it may already be available. Don't know much about it, but worth a look. Loving their Jet Stream (pictured in avatar), and it's very high quality. Also like HVT, but have only used their bubblers.

I hope AVS's quartz bucket works better than the sai's quartz bucket. On mine the rosin climbed the walls and eventually got into the heater.

I did like the idea, in fact that's why I bought my sai. and it did taste better than the ti, although it took longer to heat the quartz bucket.

I'd like to see the heater wire incorporated in the dish. And perhaps a sic dish.

I did look at divine tribes atties first. But after reading threads on them I went with a sai.

With rosin becoming so popular I imagine vape inventors are working overtime to keep us happy. And that's a good thing, lol.

How about the heat sink? Are any of you using it?

Like I posted above, they're only important if your using the buckets.

Since your heater has to transfer heat to the bucket (the buckets sit on a heater) it takes some time and you use more wattage and heat. So if your taking multiple hits the mod gets hot.

With the rest of the coils the heater is the coil, well technically, on the ceramic donuts the heater wire is in the ceramic, but on the other coil options, you need much less heat and wattage. The mod doesn't get hot at all using these coils.

So as I said the answer is dependent on your choice. On the bright side they're fairly cheap, and they can work on other 510 things. It's just a threaded spacer with fins to dispell heat.

Last edited:
Puffitup shipping is US$55 to Oz, POTV was US$40 shipping and all extra coils were cheaper on POTV so both about US$180 after I applied Puffitup 20% discount for a Pico 75w Mod, Ti Sia, 5x ceramic donuts and 4 other coils to try. Puffitup is just ahead due to throwing in a battery for the mod.
As I am in no hurry (waiting on Dabpress stock:clap:) I may as well wait until POTV has a sale, maybe something even better will come out in the meantime.:thumbsup:

I purchased a SAI back during the 4/20 sales but really haven't used it much until this last week. I don't care for the dnail set up I have up here... it's the old analog type with a 16mm domeless quartz nail. The nail is so small you can't even swab it with a qtip so it gets funky real fast. I've been spoiled by the 710coil bangers lol.

Anyway... I digress. I've been using the SAI up here as my concentrate driver and am very happy I had the foresight to bring it with me. I still maintain that it's a rosin hog.... but the flavor (as @Shredder has mentioned) stays nice throughout the session using the ceramic donuts. I can honestly say that this has become my favorite portable concentrate device.

So a question. This is aimed at you Shredder lol. When you clean the mouthpiece/cap... do you just dunk it in ISO? Mine has gotten some serious reclaim going and it's time to clean it.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back