Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Santa left a dabpress....

Status
Not open for further replies.
its weird out of the 4 forums i visit regularly i seem to negliect writing in this one VA is prob my favorite tho. ill work on spreading the love here more. i signed up for VA like weeks after you left the other forum? sorry @momofthegoons :dog:

All the florists can speak freely on VA, love that about it, not to mention the admins here are great and very active.

:hug:

We are about a week away from the drawing! Thank you all for your active participation and sharing with us. Here's the list I have so far, if you're not on the list, PM me and find out how to get on the list

@felvapes
@elykpeace
@Diggy Smalls
@Madri-Gal
@Stevenski
@Killick
@Joaon * you still need 25 non-contest forum posts by 1/31/19 @ 6PM
@SpudBobT
@GYOcanada
@-dab8- * you still need 25 non-contest forum posts by 1/31/19 @ 6PM
@LesPlenty
@ataxian

Odds are currently 1:12 !
3uz6zw.jpg

Ok, I'd like to play, please

1. Tell us a bit about your cannabis needs.

I started rec use when I was 14...almost 15. Since I'm now 66, this was rather avant garde for the times. Then life happened....university, officer in the USAF, civilian career, and family. So, I didn't consume very much cannabis during much of this period, if a J came by at a BBQ I would def take a toke and when I could get it (which became more difficult as I got older) I would keep a zip in my nightstand drawer. Then 11 years ago I injured my back, had surgery, and have had pain and a great deal of difficulty laying down (as in sleeping). So, back to cannabis as I will only rarely take a narcotic and will definitely not take Lyrica or Neurontin.

I generally vape at night....usually by 8 pm I can't stand it any longer....and I tend to vape for the knockout punch. Pain and sedation are my reasons and there is no micro-dosing in my universe. Cannabis helps me to sleep though I wished it lasted longer as I'm usually up and walking around multiple times through the night with one or two more sessions to get be out of pain again.

I still stay as active as I can but I pay a price for it and cannabis helps immeasurably.​

2. Why or how will rosin improve your wellbeing?

As I said above, I go for pain and sedation knockout punches and concentrates in general help to provide that without having to keep inhaling too many draws of vapor. But, since my state went med legal a year ago, I have discovered that while strong, hydrocarbon extractions seems to missing something in the effects that flower provides. Rosin is the best of both worlds for me.....strong and concentrated but with full spectrum effects.​

3. What devices you will be using your rosin in?

I use a Liger 2.0 20mm with Obsidian insert or a D-nail SiC Halo. I also have a 710coils.com quartz banger that I like very much but rosin tends to be dirtier than hydrocarbon 'trates. o I have been staying with the SiC dab surfaces for this type of application.
Thank you very much for the contest.

Thanks for sharing your story @Baron23 I can only imagine what you have to deal with. I am injured and a couple decades younger than you, so I can only be hopeful for the future though biology surely will be working against me.

Have you tried edibles before bed to help with your sleep? I have been taking some edibles for my last two sessions before bed because of how long it lasts. I have found myself having much better sleep than just taking a nice dab session before bed. Lately the bottom of my back has been having a lot of spasms near my right hip, and that has caused me to toss and turn quite a bit at night as there's also some pain but the edibles were providing a deep enough sleep to not be bothered by it, or it was treating it?

I take my pressed rosin pucks that I soak in everclear and use that extract in my edibles. Seeing around 3% yields (including chlorophyll from the wash) on the pucks.

Thanks for sharing your story @Baron23 I can only imagine what you have to deal with. I am injured and a couple decades younger than you, so I can only be hopeful for the future though biology surely will be working against me.

Have you tried edibles before bed to help with your sleep? I have been taking some edibles for my last two sessions before bed because of how long it lasts. I have found myself having much better sleep than just taking a nice dab session before bed. Lately the bottom of my back has been having a lot of spasms near my right hip, and that has caused me to toss and turn quite a bit at night as there's also some pain but the edibles were providing a deep enough sleep to not be bothered by it, or it was treating it?

I take my pressed rosin pucks that I soak in everclear and use that extract in my edibles. Seeing around 3% yields (including chlorophyll from the wash) on the pucks.
Yes, I have used edibles and still do sometimes. But, my issues with them are the same as most....unpredicable onset and effects along with the more drugged feeling of 11-OH-THC which also seems to hang me over a bit. Issues with onset time and effects are very dependent on what I have eaten prior...they seem to work best on a dead empty stomach.

I have some brownies in the freezer than I made....they are effective.

I have also tried tinctures both sublingual and as an edible.....again, no great solution.

Ambien gets me the best night sleep, but I can't remember the evening before and they leave me groggy. Just don't like taking them very much.

Eh....I'm not in nearly as bad of shape as many med patients and so I just muddle long...

Yes, I have used edibles and still do sometimes. But, my issues with them are the same as most....unpredicable onset and effects along with the more drugged feeling of 11-OH-THC which also seems to hang me over a bit. Issues with onset time and effects are very dependent on what I have eaten prior...they seem to work best on a dead empty stomach.

I have some brownies in the freezer than I made....they are effective.

I have also tried tinctures both sublingual and as an edible.....again, no great solution.

Ambien gets me the best night sleep, but I can't remember the evening before and they leave me groggy. Just don't like taking them very much.

Eh....I'm not in nearly as bad of shape as many med patients and so I just muddle long...
I had a bad experience?
Edibles I don’t do!
Freak out is a understatement!
Some love them?
I reduced my concentrations From 1 to 0.3 gram of ROSIN lately! (per day!)
Kind of lacking 4 a valid report, however my medical bill have been low since switch 2 ROSIN?

Yeah the fog from edibles is real =/ Big ole cup o joe fixes that shit right up for me though! I am still experimenting with edibles. Pretty sure I got my doses right but what I eat and when I eat it, after the edible seems to play a huge role.

My best edible session yet was a canna cap w/coconut oil, 2h later ate half a 16" NY style pizza with pepperoni and plenty of grease. I didn't even finish eating before my eyes were glazed over and I was taking a trip woooooo! That was just 50mg.

I had a bad experience?
Edibles I don’t do!
Freak out is a understatement!
Some love them?
I reduced my concentrations From 1 to 0.3 gram of ROSIN lately! (per day!)
Kind of lacking 4 a valid report, however my medical bill have been low since switch 2 ROSIN?

Very good my dude! Concentrates reduced my flower consumption a good bit as well. I am hopeful to get better genetics on the next grow as resin is the key. I wanna get 25% yields with home grown.

For edibles I suggest just take a small dose like 10mg about an hour after a vape session. You sorta slide into the edible effects and for me it prolongs the vape effects. Or they just blend together for harmony.

COLAS a 1970 fahion to bring back retro-style!
Medical = ROSIN
Recreational = COLAS
Grow 80% 4 ROSIN
20% COLAS help me?

Program to survive CIVILIZED!

That is my story.
Right , wrong, different I think we need to educate the WORLD!

PALE BLUE DOT does not care about our species!
PROBABLY glad when where gone!
Jeff JEFFRY’S a comedy dude from AUSTRALIA said in one of his gigs!
I think it was on BROADWAY in NEW YORK when I heard this?

Last edited:
My old caregiver broke all the colas down to .5-1g buds. That's a crime IMO. I keep all my cola as big as I can so long as they look nice.

I press 95% for rosin but everybody's different.

2H in on my edible and munching on some cinnamon toast.
9th grade we took trips 2 MEXICO
COLAS were R FASHION back in da daze!
Maybe U can help me with eating them?
Maybe I made my batch too strong?
Early 70’s.
No brick weed at da time?
Surfers no seed’s early on!

Last edited:
Ooo yeah that drip tech looks real handy. So much easier than scraping scattered tiny bits from all over the parchment.

Yes and if you have a cold plate from the freezer with some parchment to fall onto, it will quickly cool the rosin down beginning the preservation of more volatile compounds virtually immediately. I grade the dripped rosin separately from my parchment collections because the consistency and taste reveal enough differences IMO.

IME I have found that larger loads are better at dripping, but filter placement has a lot to do with it. The closer to the edge the better the flow outward. Round pucks seem to flow best with driptech.

I already mentioned this in the Dabpress Rosin Plate thread, but our Rosin Temp Control box has now passed CE, RoHS and FCC certification :enamored::buzz:

1. Medically for autoimmune disease, Crohn’s disease, skeletal and nerve pain, the list goes on... having no access to concentrate, making my own would be incredible.
  2. Rosin would allow me a greater control of symptoms, less time medicating, would be able to easily & discretely medicate on family trips & outings and enjoy the day.
  3. I imagine my VRod and a banger/enail primarily but will also try my logs, the eNano & WoodScents. I would need to research a suitable portable option though unless a vapcap works reasonably well, if it does then I am set and ready!
Thank you for this generous giveaway contest VA & dabpress, what an amazing prize!

1. Medically for autoimmune disease, Crohn’s disease, skeletal and nerve pain, the list goes on... having no access to concentrate, making my own would be incredible.
  2. Rosin would allow me a greater control of symptoms, less time medicating, would be able to easily & discretely medicate on family trips & outings and enjoy the day.
  3. I imagine my VRod and a banger/enail primarily but will also try my logs, the eNano & WoodScents. I would need to research a suitable portable option though unless a vapcap works reasonably well, if it does then I am set and ready!
Thank you for this generous giveaway contest VA & dabpress, what an amazing prize!
I have SCA which is autoimmune = ataxia
ROSIN helps a lot!
So I get it @pxl_jockey I really do!
Just do what work’s 4 your situation!

There is not a right or wrong way?
Just away!
What work’s 4me doesn’t work 4 others?
I use car charger 4 desktops that benefit me!
ROSIN is great 2-me?
Now go do the right thing!
I like GIRL SCOUT COOKIES 4 me however some people say they have had better?
So I don’t talk about it much lately!
I have seeds to grow it 4 my condition.
ROSIN & COLAS is why!
It maybe offensive to some?
I read more than ever now and medicate to keep it real.
Do what is best 4 U!
RECREATIONAL I wish that was the CASE?

Last edited:
I have SCA which is autoimmune = ataxia
ROSIN helps a lot!
So I get it @pxl_jockey I really do!
Just do what work’s 4 your situation!

There is not a right or wrong way?
Just away!
What work’s 4me doesn’t work 4 others?
I use car charger 4 desktops that benefit me!
ROSIN is great 2-me?
Now go do the right thing!
I like GIRL SCOUT COOKIES 4 me however some people say they have had better?
So I don’t talk about it much lately!
I have seeds to grow it 4 my condition.
ROSIN & COLAS is why!
It maybe offensive to some?
I read more than ever now and medicate to keep it real.
Do what is best 4 U!
RECREATIONAL I wish that was the CASE?
I, 2 wish you were a recreationl user,
And that U enjoyed perfect health.
I wish that for all of us.
Girl Scout Cookies, are delicious, I agree
GSC =Wonderful medication
GSC = Delicious recreation
GSC = CIVILIZED!!!

@ataxian
I, 2 wish you were a recreationl user,
And that U enjoyed perfect health.
I wish that for all of us.
Girl Scout Cookies, are delicious, I agree
GSC =Wonderful medication
GSC = Delicious recreation
GSC = CIVILIZED!!!
Forgot one:

GSC = middle of the night munchies raiding the frig like zombies in a morgue! haha GSC makes me ravenous.

@ataxian

Forgot one:

GSC = middle of the night munchies raiding the frig like zombies in a morgue! haha GSC makes me ravenous.
Why is everyone having so much more fun than I am? I Never get to zombie at the morgue!
Yes, @Baron23 , I did forget to mention that about GSC. That's because they ALL do that for me. Every strain. Every time. I don't even have to vape. I just think about vaping, and I'm in the kitchen. Vape=Snax.
Girl Scout Cookies=Eat all the cookies.
But, GSC is the worst. No doubt. Vaping GSC is like hosting a tape worm. Thanks for catching the oversight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back