Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Santa left a dabpress....

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychonaut

Florist
Company Rep
Santa-and-His-Sleigh-2.jpg

After cleaning up around the Asylum and all the Christmas decorations were put away, it seems there was a dabpress left, and on it a note that did say...
HO HO HO my crazy vaporists!
So many of you have been very good this year, though, you are more than one!
Except this one who was naughty, when they saw me, they did run!
Caught smoking some joints, no true vaporist to be found.

So I leave this gift of a dabpress here, and a simple request we hold dear:

We wanna hear back from you, in the form of review! A video posted on YouTube, or perhaps your Instagram feed for Ms Claus and all the elves to view!
All of the names will be put into my cap, a single winner will be chosen by @psychonaut, on YouTube Live in fact!

A small tag on the outside of the gift reads
Dabpress dp-bj3t33, personal rosin press :weed:
Seeks a kind soul in need of a home extractor for medicine :enamored:
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! - Santa :peace:

https://www.dabpress.com/collection...rosin-heat-press-machine-driptech-intergrated

dabpress-3-5-ton-hydraulic-rosin-press-heat-machine-for-sale_1024x1024.jpg

driptech-rosin-press-3-ton-hydraulic-rosin-press-kit_1024x1024.jpg

rosin-press-cheap-dab-press-machine-for-sale_1024x1024.jpg

This rosin press is designed for personal use with a plate size well suited to <7g flower, <14g hash/sift/kief. It delivers 3 tons of pressure across 9 sq/in surface area. This unit will deliver 667 PSI across the entire plate surface area which is in the ideal pressure range for square or rectangle filters pressing hash. For maximum performance with flower we recommend to use a 30-40mm cylinder pre-press mold to achieve 1200+ PSI which is more than necessary pressure for pressing flower.

Specifications:
  • Temperature Range: 0-399F
  • Power: 500 Watts
  • Voltage: 110 Volts [220 Volts Is Available]
  • Total Weight: 31.5 lbs
  • Packaging Size: 21.2" x 14" x 12.4"
  • Working Surface: 3" x 3"
Features:
  • 3x3" Anodized Rosin Press Plates - Well Suited to Squeeze 3.5-7g Materials; Easy to Clean and Best Flavor Guaranteed; 3x3" Small Heated Plates Is Helpful to Rosin Flow Immediately Away from the Heated Surface to Preserve the Terpenes.
  • Dual Heating with Single PID Temp Controller - Accurate Temp Delivered; Each Platen Utilizing Separated Temp Probe and Rods; Only Top Platen Temp Detected.
  • Perfect Alignment Performance - Small Hydraulic Jack Rosin Press Made of 6061 Aluminum, 3 Ton Bottle Jack, Stainless Steel Sticks, and Linear Bearings Guarantees Aligned Movement during pressing.
  • 1,000 PSI Delivered - Paired with-pm3015r Cylinder Pre-press Mold and dp-bt160ns 2x4" Rosin Press Filters, Achieving and Maintaining 1,000 PSI Utilizing a Vertical/Upright Filter Build, and a Pre-press Footprint of 2.4 sq/in for Pressing.
  • Best Insulation Performance - Dual Insulation Layers Allows the Rosin Press Plates to Reach 200 F in 5 Minutes and Protect the Machine from Heat-draining.
  • Driptech Integrated - The Driptech Rosin Press Stay with 35 Degree Angle Utilizing Two Pieces of Aluminum Legs; Prevent Rosin from Burning and Terpenes Preserved.

To enter, please reply to this thread:
  1. Tell us a bit about your cannabis needs.
  2. Why or how will rosin improve your wellbeing?
  3. What devices you will be using your rosin in?

Rules for Entry to Participants -
  • Must live in USA, Canada, UK, Europe or Australia (you may be responsible for a VAT or import fee based on your country)
  • Must have replied to this thread and answered the three questions
  • Must have a minimum of 25 posts on the general forums by the time the contest ends. Prior contest posts do not count.
  • Must be willing and able to create a video and/or detailed visual review posted to YouTube or Instagram
  • Must claim the prize within 7 days of announcement
Failure to meet the criteria will result in another random drawing until the eligible winner is selected.

When, where and how?

• The winner will be drawn at random live on YouTube at 6PM Mountain Time (GMT-7) on 1/31/2019.
  • To allow conversation and participation in this thread, you may post as many times as you would like.
  • Each participant will be assigned a number. The assigned numbers are what will be used for the random draw (rather than the post number)
  • Prior to the drawing the participant's assigned numbers will be announced in the thread.
  • After the drawing the winner will be announced in this thread, and the 7 day countdown to claim the prize begins.
  • If the winner does not claim their prize within the 7 day time frame, it will be forfeited and a new winner will be selected using the same method and criteria.
I wanna say, this is obviously not a requirement to enter the contest, Roger the owner of Dabpress who was kind to offer this giveaway is hopeful that the winner of this personal rosin press will be an asylum member who would be in need of a rosin press and otherwise unable to get one on their own. Your unbiased review is greatly appreciated! So, with that I bid you all good luck and HAPPY HOLIDAYS my friends! - Dabpress Team

iSuobLd.png

Last edited:
Thank you @psychonaut and Dabpress for hosting this contest. I wish all of you (including my mods who work for free) the best of luck.

This, of course, is not an entry. So please do not assign me a number. :biggrin:

But let me get this conversation going... I like rosin, as opposed to solvent based concentrates, for the sole reason that it's clean. I don't have to worry about it not being purged enough.. or residue of any sort from butane remaining. I love the flavor. One of these days, I would love to own a press myself.

Thanks for allowing this contest! I understand the forum will have some upcoming maintenance this month so pardon any downtime while this contest runs. Seeing that it ends in roughly 30 days, that should allow members ample opportunity to become a participant.

Good luck to all!

I love rosin for the taste and hit
I dislike any additives I can avoid in my product
I need meds for pain and other medical ailments and general mental health
I will use my dabpress rosin in a halo sic or 710 QB

Cheers for the comp dabpress and good luck to all

It is mine to win though just saying everyone....lol

Oh my goodness thank you santa!!!
@psychonaut and dabpress

Tell us a bit about your cannabis needs.

Used for anxiety and pain mostly, I was in a few car accidents and one of them I was turning my head to see if a could hange lanes and was rear-ended at a complete stop (other person was going about 65mph.

Why or how will rosin improve your wellbeing?

I bought a ju1cebox over black Friday/Cyber Monday and it works but I needed help squeezing and the return was decent but it's a lot of work for tiny bits at time and just little over whelming. I was able to squish and make a few ccell carts worth to bring on trips. if given the opportunity I would take this press and squish until I could squish no more. I love the process and it's a lot of fun.
Amazing to me I can make my own meds and how effective they are to my well being

What devices you will be using your rosin in?

Ccell th2 refillable carts with the ccell palm battery is really the only way to go for me. The ju1ce box came with a ti nail/straw but I prefer the cart method. Also have used a little through the GH and OG vc.

I would be so pumped to win this

Please oh please oh please!!!:love: I've been good all 2018 and promise to continue on into 2019.

Oh my goodness thank you santa!!!
@psychonaut and dabpress

Tell us a bit about your cannabis needs.

Used for anxiety and pain mostly, I was in a few car accidents and one of them I was turning my head to see if a could hange lanes and was rear-ended at a complete stop (other person was going about 65mph.

Why or how will rosin improve your wellbeing?

I bought a ju1cebox over black Friday/Cyber Monday and it works but I needed help squeezing and the return was decent but it's a lot of work for tiny bits at time and just little over whelming. I was able to squish and make a few ccell carts worth to bring on trips. if given the opportunity I would take this press and squish until I could squish no more. I love the process and it's a lot of fun.
Amazing to me I can make my own meds and how effective they are to my well being

What devices you will be using your rosin in?

Ccell th2 refillable carts with the ccell palm battery is really the only way to go for me. The ju1ce box came with a ti nail/straw but I prefer the cart method. Also have used a little through the GH and OG vc.

I would be so pumped to win this

Please oh please oh please!!!:love: I've been good all 2018 and promise to continue on into 2019.
It's mine, just saying....

Na good luck to all

Thought I'd mention, the winner and their product will be treated in the same respect as a paying customer. You receive the full 1 year warranty on the entire press. If the rosin control box malfunctions after the warranty period 1 year, you only need to pay 50% cost for a replacement box. Lifetime technical support to answer questions and help diagnose problems over email or phone.

Because the unit is open concept and easily serviced, it doesn't matter what part of the world you live in, replacement bottle jacks, heating rods or electronics can be easily sourced locally or online. Of course we can offer OEM replacements for out of warranty parts, but some are cheaper to procure the replacement on your own.

In fact, this presses frame can withstand more than 3 tons of force, we recommend for rosineers, only when needed, to replace the bottle jack with up to a 4-ton model so long as it's dimensions the same or very close to the OEM model.

1. I use cannabis primarily to help with pain and appetite when my mystery auto immune problems arise. There are times when I don't really need any help, like today, but other times it takes several bowls to get past the pain upon waking in the morning.
Cannabis also helps me with mild depression from time to time.
I used to have beer when I got off work, but have found my health improved greatly by switching to cannabis to help unwind after a long day.
2. I have medicinal access in my state, but NY is very expensive. Rosin would allow me to quickly and efficiently relieve pain, and making my own would save me a lot of money. I could also provide clean concentrate for my sister and her family, which would make me delighted.
3. I would use my elev8r primarily, but I also have a quartz bucket that I use for cbd concentrates that would work well with rosin. Most of my Vapes can use hemp fiber to vape a concentrate, so I would definitely experiment with my log Vapes, iheat cartridge (powered by a box mod), mistvape essence, and the ever popular vapcap.

What an awesome contest! This is likely the only way some of us would ever be able to get a personal rosin press.

Last edited:
1. I use cannabis to help with medical issues that are difficult to treat due to numerous medicine allergies. Cannabis has been invaluable for treating PTSD acquired from being beaten regularly and severely, and is a valuable adjunct to therapy and medical treatments for physical injuries related to the abuse, including Tardive dyskenisia and Tardive dystonia from being poisoned. I'm lucky to be alive, but cannabis helps me feel like I have, and will, continue to have a life.
2. Rosin is quicker for relief, and when I'm having trouble speaking and controlling movements, it is easier to use than flower. Right now a hair straightener is on rosin duty, and I can see rosin use would be improved by a dedicated rosin press. Quicker results and ease of use are important for my physical situation, and being able to press my own rosin saves money allowing me to stick to budget, so I don't stress over getting needed treatment.
3. I'm lowtech on the devices for dabs, so it's a quartz banger, torch and glass, or the Honey Dabber. My Super Surfer and concentrate disc works ok, just a but slower.

Best of luck to my fellow vapers.

1. I use cannabis to help with medical issues that are difficult to treat due to numerous medicine allergies. Cannabis has been invaluable for treating PTSD acquired from being beaten regularly and severely, and is a valuable adjunct to therapy and medical treatments for physical injuries related to the abuse, including Tardive dyskenisia and Tardive dystonia from being poisoned. I'm lucky to be alive, but cannabis helps me feel like I have, and will, continue to have a life.
2. Rosin is quicker for relief, and when I'm having trouble speaking and controlling movements, it is easier to use than flower. Right now a hair straightener is on rosin duty, and I can see rosin use would be improved by a dedicated rosin press. Quicker results and ease of use are important for my physical situation, and being able to press my own rosin saves money allowing me to stick to budget, so I don't stress over getting needed treatment.
3. I'm lowtech on the devices for dabs, so it's a quartz banger, torch and glass, or the Honey Dabber. My Super Surfer and concentrate disc works ok, just a but slower.

Best of luck to my fellow vapers.
Rosin is pure medical 4 my situation.
Da DAB PRESS needs to be at every medical outpost! (At least this planet)

We anticipated there would be a little confusion as I wrote up the contest short and to the point, so I'll try and clarify.

Feel free to post as much as you want in this thread! It can be a social thread. I will be fishing the names out of the thread of the members who answer the 3 questions. You can make it easy on me by numbering your answers for your "entry" post, however I will be able to read through them to see the questions answered.

So, let's say for the sake of where the contest is at right now. @felvapes @elykpeace @Diggy Smalls @Madri-Gal all have their names in Santa's hat! So if it was just you 4, I'd assign each of you a number, say felvapes is 1, elykpeace is 2, Diggy Smalls is 3, Madri-Gal is 4. Then the next member who answers the 3 questions will have their name in the hat and be number 5.

And honestly what I may actually do because I think using random.org is not as cool as just grabbing the name out of Santa's hat, I may just write all the eligible members names on a piece of paper and draw names. That way it's pretty clear and there's no numbers being used.

Either way, each member who submits their entry in this thread will get their name or number drawn, so leave it to me to take care of that, ya'll just have fun participating!

number5ao7.jpg

1. I use cannabis both recreationally & medicinally. Cannabis helps me deal with life on life's terms as well as keeps more destructive impulses in check.
  2. Concentrates are unavailable where I live so you can only get what you make. yourself. Having never tried rosin I could only view a quality personal use rosin press as a huge improvement for my general well being.
  3. All my vapes! Mostly via a quartz nail or banger but with a dedicated rosin press it would necessitate the need for an enail I think.

Good luck to everyone who enters the contest & thanks to @psychonaut & Dabpress for organising & providing such a kick ass prize to start 2019 off :biggrin:

Cool
Cheers for the answer @psychonaut
Some of the comps on here are one a day entries so I was just confirming we only enter this comp once full stop

Yes as many state above the many things weed does medically are amazing
Having only found rosin recently due to the means to make at home I see it's benefits greatly

Dosing and affect longevity help with social situations where it can be hard to redose and ppls anxieties can kick in or pain or mood stabilisation etcetcetc

One hit lasts a short outing

Many good things

To be able to produce enough at once with a dabpress so I don't have to squish so often and to be able to make enough to pass on to medical patients I know would be so good for more lives than just my own

Great comp dabpress and thank fuck santa must be a stoner too and forgot to deliver this one... :)

Good luck all and I am enjoying reading ppls posts

Mine is not as detailed but sometimes I go through times where I feel less open :)

Haven't had much luck with CBD flower and the ju1cebox. How are your yeilds @psychonaut or do you ever have cbd flower. Is it just the lack of a proper press?

I have some pennywise that is 1:1 ranging from 10-15%, I get around 15% yields off of what I've pressed so far, it is very greasy. I suspect it's due to the high level of terpenes compared to cannabinoids? I press at the same time and temps as my high THC cultivars, the only real difference I've noticed so far is a bit less yields and super hard to collect. I gotta leave it out on the parchment to air dry for at least a day, cold packs dont really help it just smears on the paper versus releasing.

Will isn't this a swish way to start 2019!

To enter, please reply to this thread:
  1. Tell us a bit about your cannabis needs
I'm a 5 year medical patient, after an extended hospital stay was blamed on arthritis and pain meds.
  1. Why or how will rosin improve your wellbeing?
I get dried herb, and process that into concentrates for medical use. My current fave is dry sift, so rosin is the next logical step.
  1. What devices you will be using your rosin in?
Usually rolled in herb and into Mystvape, Milaana, or maybe a Saionara atomizer, once I figure out the donut coil :)

Last edited:
Hello buddies,
:hug:
Thanks Psychonaut, Momofthegoons and Dabpress for this awesome forum and contest !

Let's do this, I'm in :juggle:

✨Tell us a bit about your cannabis needs

I use Cannabis for R̷e̷c̷r̷e̷a̷t̷i̷o̷n̷a̷l̷ Adult use, as well for medical use to check my anxiety/depression, bit of 'destructive impulses' also, and my pain from my elbow accident (arm passed through the rear window of the car. 3 days, 25 staples, a few missing veins and lot of cash later, here I am)
I'm also member of NORML France, and work in the vaporization team. We do lot of intern test/reviews of vaporizers, and demonstrate/advice vaporization in event or booth like music festivals, medical speech's, etc.

✨Why or how will rosin improve your wellbeing?

Concentrates here are very low available, or of very poor and not safe quality. I like rosin for being so simple to craft, yet so pur. Not an ounce of solvent there! You can craft it homemade, safely, on demand for quick fresh concentrate. Say about convenience and efficiency..
Also, I love the pur effect rosin has.
I find it very gentle and heady.
Not so much the couch lock effect and
'get back do another bowl'/overindulgence effect the herb has on me.
Also, I would love to be able to craft some homegrown CBD Rosin. Lot of things to do and try, lot of people in needs.

✨What devices you will be using your rosin in?

I think the Flowerpot OG 16mm would be my go to. Maybe that would getting me upgrade to the VRod..!
I have the Herborizer Ti that has an Enail option, but I tend to find the taste not so great
I'd also try a quartz banger and insert.
Or VapCap. That thing is magic and eats whatever you give it
Or eating it? :cheeseburger:

Much more than being willing and able to make a video review/show off,
I would be proud and honnored ! :myday:

Thanks again for that awesome contest,
Best of Luck to all of you :popcorn:

Have all a wonderful year
Cheers
:volcano:

Last edited:
Hello buddies,
:hug:
Thanks Psychonaut, Momofthegoons and Dabpress for this awesome forum and contest !

Let's do this, I'm in :juggle:

✨Tell us a bit about your cannabis needs

I use Cannabis for R̷e̷c̷r̷e̷a̷t̷i̷o̷n̷a̷l̷ Adult use, as well for medical use to check my anxiety/depression, bit of 'destructive impulses' also, and my pain from my elbow accident (arm passed through the rear window of the car. 3 days, 25 staples, a few missing veins and lot of cash later, here I am)
I'm also member of NORML France, and work in the vaporization team. We do lot of intern test/reviews of vaporizers, and demonstrate/advice vaporization in event or booth like music festivals, medical speech's, etc.

✨Why or how will rosin improve your wellbeing?

Concentrates here are very low available, or of very poor and not safe quality. I like rosin for being so simple to craft, yet so pur. Not an ounce of solvent there! You can craft it homemade, safely, on demand for quick fresh concentrate. Say about convenience and efficiency..
Also, I love the pur effect rosin has.
I find it very gentle and heady.
Not so much the couch lock effect and
'get back do another bowl'/overindulgence effect the herb has on me.
Also, I would love to be able to craft some homegrown CBD Rosin. Lot of things to do and try, lot of people in needs.

✨What devices you will be using your rosin in?

I think the Flowerpot OG 16mm would be my go to. Maybe that would getting me upgrade to the VRod..!
I have the Herborizer Ti that has an Enail option, but I tend to find the taste not so great
I'd also try a quartz banger and insert.
Or VapCap. That thing is magic and eats whatever you give it
Or eating it? :cheeseburger:

Much more than being willing and able to make a video review/show off,
I would be proud and honnored ! :myday:

Thanks again for that awesome contest,
Best of Luck to all of you :popcorn:

Have all a wonderful year
Cheers
:volcano:
My youngest is going to university there in FRANCE.
I love CANNABIS more than Anything.
Recreational as a gun gun!
MEDICAL now daze!
My question 2 U is can I setup a DAB PRESS in FRANCE?
Where Live now no problem with the law?

It's been really nice reading everyone's comments.... and why they feel rosin would benefit them. And welcome 'back' @Joaon :biggrin:.

Not many of you have commented on what you would use your rosin in.... do you use an enail... pen... FlowerPot....EVO.... or are you an old Subliminator fan lol? Let's keep the conversation flowing. :buzz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back