Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Second Grow

I was sure that such a obtuse, dull , brazen insolence would appear again :dog:
I guess: The Dunning-Kruger effect or inferiority complex:argh:
Well, it is not my problem and I am sorry that I cannot help.
Let's remember that the written word can be taken very literally... so if this was tongue in cheek (and I sincerely hope that was the case), it may not be perceived as such. How about we lose a bit of the sarcasm?

You originally asked for guidance in growing because you had never done it before. Since, you have disregarded most of what you've been advised and gone your own route. So those who have given you advice are left scratching their heads at your approach to growing cannabis. These are 'seasoned' growers.... not amateurs. So their confusion is understandable. What you are doing is not the 'norm' in any way. This is not to say you wont be successful. It's more to say that the odds are stacked against you based on more traditional tried and true methods. And most of us are left wondering what your end goal is since you had indicated wanting a good yield. So please.... realize that those offering advice are trying to help.... not criticize.

Let's remember that the written word can be taken very literally... so if this was tongue in cheek (and I sincerely hope that was the case), it may not be perceived as such. How about we lose a bit of the sarcasm?

You originally asked for guidance in growing because you had never done it before. Since, you have disregarded most of what you've been advised and gone your own route. So those who have given you advice are left scratching their heads at your approach to growing cannabis. These are 'seasoned' growers.... not amateurs. So their confusion is understandable. What you are doing is not the 'norm' in any way. This is not to say you wont be successful. It's more to say that the odds are stacked against you based on more traditional tried and true methods. And most of us are left wondering what your end goal is since you had indicated wanting a good yield. So please.... realize that those offering advice are trying to help.... not criticize.

Oh, I was still writing as you had already posted!

I am afraid this time you might have misheard the tone of the others. It is not me the one who needs to be reproached here. Not at all!

It is fascinating how one can misread or misinterpret. You are totally right.
In fact, this time you haven't noticed the real sarcasm, irony, judgement of the others while I was just doing my crazy thing without judging but only sharing it with you!

please read my answer that I have just written.

I am afraid this time you might have misheard the tone of the others. It is not me the one who needs to be reproached here. Not at all!

I have read it. And I still maintain... you came to this site looking for help. And then state that you 'know what you are doing.' You may know what you want to do with this grow.... but you do NOT know how to grow cannabis and admitted that yourself with your first grow. These members are trying to help you. And while you did state you don't want advice for this grow.... you also ask questions (which implies the need for help).

I think what you are seeing is the frustration of those who have tried to help you.

It is fascinating how one can misread or misinterpret. You are totally right.
In fact, this time you haven't noticed the real sarcasm, irony, judgement while I was just doing my crazy thing without judging but only sharing it with you!

Dude we are all friends here..
And we all want you to succeed..
What i meant by no one trying be to a dick is im not trying to be a dick.. im on the spectrum and sometimes say things that are misunderstood by others.. i mean you no disrespect...
But i do like a joke.. sorry if that offended..

As for the vegging.. a good 4 weeks normally.. your ladies will let you know when they are ready with little pre flowers.. maybe for you though, id say when you have fully recoverd and got a good canopy going on..

I have read it. And I still maintain... you came to this site looking for help. And then state that you 'know what you are doing.' You may know what you want to do with this grow.... but you do NOT know how to grow cannabis and admitted that yourself with your first grow. These members are trying to help you. And while you did state you don't want advice for this grow.... you also ask questions (which implies the need for help).

I think what you are seeing is the frustration of those who have tried to help you.

I am really impressed by how extremely one can misinterpret things. I agree with you on that!

I still maintain my opinion as well, if you don't mind, because I haven't attacked, criticized or judged anybody, not at all.
On the contrary, the other two amusing guys have judged, done irony, sarcasm

Besides, I did not ask questions but I clearly said that I am not looking for advice in this crazy journey
I think that everyone should please reread the entire thread thoroughly

Speaking of misinterpreting:

One other thing that it is urgently needed to be clarified is the meaning of "I know what I am doing"
I did not mean by that something like: " hey growers out there, actually though this is only my second grow and I am also now doing a crazy experiment this means that I KNOW WHAT I AM DOING. I KNOW IT BETTER THAN YOU HOW CANNABIS WORK etc. etc.

Not at all. I simply meant: I know what I am doing, meaning: "I know that I am defoliating my plants in a very uncommon way bla bla bla"

This is very important to clarify because now you are basing your judgment on this misintepretation.
I am still convinced that I am not the one here who applied a wrong, offensive or judging tone, I am not the one who needs to be reproached.
But if you think so, then I am sorry about that.

Dude we are all friends here..
And we all want you to succeed..
What i meant by no one trying be to a dick is im not trying to be a dick.. im on the spectrum and sometimes say things that are misunderstood by others.. i mean you no disrespect...
But i do like a joke.. sorry if that offended..

come on!! if you really want to be cool now, then rather than trying now to play the double game and even lecture me , you'd have rather admitted your devious sarcasm and judgement!
Anyway, I also do not intend to disrespect anyone here.
I also like jokes, but there are jokes and jokes :biggrin:

Let's have a vape session and forget it! :weed: bonghit

As for the vegging.. a good 4 weeks normally.. your ladies will let you know when they are ready with little pre flowers.. maybe for you though, id say when you have fully recoverd and got a good canopy going on..

4 weeks? That little? I might wait a bit longer though...
Oh they will show preflowering signs before the switch? I thought that if you don't do the switch, they will stay in the vegetative stage
Actually, I thought that this one of the advantages of the photoperiodic vs the auto
They can vegetate longer and become bigger.
Does the majority of growers really does the switch at the 4th week of veg?

Last edited:
was sure that such a obtuse, dull , brazen insolence would appear again :dog:
I guess: The Dunning-Kruger effect or inferiority complex:argh:
Well, it is not my problem and I am sorry that I cannot help.

1664974695928.gif

Does the majority of you really does the switch at the 4th week of veg?
Sorry, we can’t answer this question that would fall under advice.

come on!! if you really want to be cool now, then rather than trying now to play the double game and even lecture me , you'd have rather admitted your devious sarcasm and judgement!
Anyway, I also do not intend to disrespect anyone here.
I also like jokes, but there are jokes and jokes :biggrin:
You have really misunderstood me.. im not mean or devious at all.. im never trying to offend you..
And come on, stop saying "years of cultivation, experience etc. etc."

See it kind of is... this is how we all learned.. then.. then we share our earned knowledge...

Your plants should look like this by now..
SmartSelect_20221005_142944_Instagram.jpg

This was og kush.. a nice canopy to capture as much energy as possible..

Then you end up with super frosty collas and beautifal buds..

SmartSelect_20221005_142852_Instagram.jpg

SmartSelect_20221005_142827_Instagram.jpg

Maybe you will be more chilled once you grow some good weed... see thats a joke...
Dont take offence...

You have really misunderstood me.. im not mean or devious at all.. im never trying to offend you..
I see. No need to admit anything if you do not feel to.

We do not need to discuss it any longer, do we? I really have better things to do. You surely too.
For me it is already forgotten but what is this here again: :doh:

you are doing it again?! changing the tables? Haven't you grown tired of it? I thought we could now talk normally. You even asked when I a plan to do the switch and so on.
I interpreted it as a nice way to say : "hey, let's turn a page".
But now you start again? :biggrin:

Interestingly and sneakly, you quoted a part of a flowing text.

And come on, stop saying "years of cultivation, experience etc. etc

the original sentence of mine reads:

And come on, stop saying "years of cultivation, experience etc. etc."
It is not about that at all! Nobody - me at any rate - is questioning the experience and knowledge of growers that have been growing for ages. I even said myself the following. You might want to read it again:

And believe it or not but I am toying with the idea that:

https://vaporasylum.com/threads/second-grow.1597/page-2#post-90595 :smug:

therefore, now you are using only one part of my sentence, this one:

"And come on, stop saying "years of cultivation, experience etc. etc"

and the reasoning again or trying to show me what is "normal" etc.
again judjing or explaining, showing me pictures of your plants with fan leaves, the trichomes etc.
What is missing? Why don't you also show me how to consume it?! :dog:
are you really that stubborn?

Ok, I am not playing this game any longer. I will no longer feed this ridiculous discussion.

If someone reads the thread thoroughly might understand what I mean.

-----Time for a vape -------bonghit

Why don't you vape a bit of that good weed that you have so that you become more chilled? :biggrin: :dog:

see thats a joke...
Dont take offence...

Last edited:
I see. No need to admit anything if you do not feel to.

We do not need to discuss it any longer, do we? I really have better things to do. You surely too.
For me it is already forgotten but what is this here again: :doh:

you are doing it again?! changing the tables? Haven't you grown tired of it? I thought we could now talk normally. You even asked when I a plan to do the switch and so on.
I interpreted it as a nice way to say : "hey, let's turn a page".
But now you start again? :biggrin:

Interestingly and sneakly, you quoted a part of a flowing text.

And come on, stop saying "years of cultivation, experience etc. etc

the original sentence of mine reads:

therefore, now you are using only one part of my sentence, this one:

"And come on, stop saying "years of cultivation, experience etc. etc"

and the reasoning again or trying to show me what is "normal" etc.
again judjing or explaining, showing me pictures of your plants with fan leaves, the trichomes etc.
What is missing? Why don't you also show me how to consume it?! :dog:
are you really that stubborn?

Ok, I am not playing this game any longer. I will no longer feed this ridiculous discussion.

If someone reads the thread thoroughly might understand what I mean.

-----Time for a vape -------bonghit
Ok get it.. you have no interest in learning or listening to any others advice..
The pics were to show what to aim for.. especially with the canopy..
But your clearly a pro who knows everything..
Good luck with your stunted hermie plants.. im sure you will love vaping the seeds..

I was gonna link you a product to stop that happening since you stressing them so much..
Buy hey you dont need help or advice..

Im out.......

Ok get it.. you have no interest in learning or listening to any others advice..
The pics were to show what to aim for.. especially with the canopy..
But your clearly a pro who knows everything..
Good luck with your stunted hermie plants.. im sure you will love vaping the seeds..

I was gonna link you a product to stop that happening since you stressing them so much..
Buy hey you dont need help or advice..

Im out.......

You are really impressive!

Going to have a vape...
Please follow my advice: have a vape too.:cool:

@sballo I hope that after you've had a vape you also are more chilled. While @I'm Ron Burgundy? and @Kellya86 may have used a sarcastic tone in their posts... neither went on the attack or referred to you as 'obtuse or dull' or of having 'brazen insolence.' Nor have they accused you of having 'The Dunning-Kruger effect or inferiority complex.' What they have said is that you aren't listening to the advice they give. Which you say you haven't asked for.... then proceed to ask questions.

And around and around we go.... Enough. Clearly you do not want feedback in this thread and I think you've accomplished that goal. I doubt they'll be responding any further.

There's still plenty of room in that tent for a few more weeks vegging :)

I'd bend the tops over and start forming a canopy (with some support) next, so that everything is about the same distance from the light. With all the defoliation you've done I think you're gonna have to thin them both out a little in the centre to reduce the overcrowding, and improve light accessibility and airflow.

Usual rule of thumb is to flip at about 70% coverage
But that's a lot easier to judge the second time you grow a strain, and knowing how much they're gonna stretch ;)

@sballo I hope that after you've had a vape you also are more chilled. While @I'm Ron Burgundy? and @Kellya86 may have used a sarcastic tone in their posts... neither went on the attack or referred to you as 'obtuse or dull' or of having 'brazen insolence.' Nor have they accused you of having 'The Dunning-Kruger effect or inferiority complex.' What they have said is that you aren't listening to the advice they give. Which you say you haven't asked for.... then proceed to ask questions.

And around and around we go.... Enough. Clearly you do not want feedback in this thread and I think you've accomplished that goal. I doubt they'll be responding any further.

I hope you do not misinterpret my contraddicting you but I really need to here because now at the end you made it appear as I was the one who made a mistake, even offending someone.
First off, we need to clarify the subject of the sentence :

I was sure that such a obtuse, dull , brazen insolence would appear again

The subject is the "insolence" .
And there is a clear path to that. All through the thread I have been saying, repeating, clarifying that is is not about doubting your experience or I am not asking for advice for this crazy grow that I am carrying out
Come on, one should please read the entire thread thoroughly finally:doh:

But two very amusing @@ are keeping judging, lecturing etc and always with sneaky sarcasm and irony though I clearly said, hey guys, I am not asking for advice so please let me just do my thing without messing around with your comments.

Then I said: "I know what I am doing"

and the Mr or Mrs or Miss (for gender equality reasons) had the a obtuse, dull , brazen insolence [the subject is the insolence. The persistent insolence] to say:
"
Clearly you don’t. :thumbsup:

You might wonder why "The Dunning-Kruger effect or inferiority complex"?

I clearly said many times: Hey, I got your point. I know that it is not conventional what I am doing and I now what you might think. This is just my journal of this crazy grow that I am sharing with you. BASTA! not more than that!

So, I was wondering what can be the reason for those two guys who have this strong urge (you might have not noticed it) to keep messing around.
The Dunnig-Kruger effect or inferiority complex could be the reason for that.

And why am I not allowed to also use some irony, sarcasm when this is the way I have been talked to?

And now please let me point out to you that the way you are now reasoning is wrong. Please let me explain what I mean.

After this hot discussion the @Kellya86 seemed to ultimately performing some sort of nice speech, asking me when I intend to do the switch etc.
I thought this is a nice way to say : "let's turn this ridiculous page of the book" that is why
I also did the same. Besides, I was not asking for advice of feedback about my crazy grow.

Ok, I reckon that I am repeating myself and I am really really going to turn the page

And yes, I am going to have a vape to chill....You too? :cheers:

I remember my first time on the Internet. :stick:

@sballo it’s really not that deep. Remember people have opinions, so try not to get triggered and resort to name calling. Maybe grasscity forums would be better for you lol.

Toodles

There's still plenty of room in that tent for a few more weeks vegging :)

In fact! I thought 3 weeks
I'd bend the tops over and start forming a canopy (with some support) next, so that everything is about the same distance from the light.

It was on the to-do list already. I am waiting that they grow a bit more before bending them down.

With all the defoliation you've done I think you're gonna have to thin them both out a little in the centre to reduce the overcrowding, and improve light accessibility and airflow.
In fact, is is really overcrowded with branches. There are some of them which I might want to remove.. I still don't know..

Usual rule of thumb is to flip at about 70% coverage
But that's a lot easier to judge the second time you grow a strain, and knowing how much they're gonna stretch ;)

I am still a beginner but learning a lot!! :treadmill:

page.jpg

The more time passes and more thoroughly I observe how the plants react to this unconventional/crazy :spidey::whipit::weed:approach that I have been adopting, the more convinced I become that the plants wouldn't have developed all those branches otherwise.
I mean: look at those. Call my crazy but those are all branches. All of them! :yikes:

1665067106573.jpg

Please do not misunderstand me :sherlock:, it is not meant as an offense. I am only trying to compare. Unfortunately, I do not have other plants at my disposal with which I could make an objective comparison.

These here, objectively, are mostly fan leaves. And if I have seen it correctly, it is three plants?

Of course an interesting question is whether having much more branches is ultimately really going to turn in a better harvest.
Some growers do even the opposite, removing some branches to concentrate the energy of the plant to less but stronger and fuller branches.
But I still think that it is a positive result.

It's definitely lots of branches. There are so many that it wouldn't be a big loss to remove some of them.
Anyway, there are some branches that I already have in my sights, which are too little and might not manage to grow enough.

They have definitely become extremely bushy but as I said, those are all branches. I confidently see it as a positive thing......at least so far

I had been toying with the idea of giving cloning :weed: a try already but @LesPlenty recent posting was the kick in the rear :naughty2:

This product seems to be often used by growers:

Amazon product ASIN B00HASQ5MW
but I bought this one. The delivery was faster and I thought that why not trying a Japanese product:

Amazon product ASIN B00337XS8S
But I have just realised that it is not a gel but a liquid. :private:

Well, I don't think that it necessarily has to be a gel or powder but yes somehow gel gives the impression to be more effective than a liquid that needs to be diluted with water...

After all - on the other hand - also the nutrients from General Hydroponics are liquid which needs to be diluted.

It doesn't matter...it might work anyway.

To cut a long story short, I have just given it a try. I decided to give it a try with the strain Chocolate Haze.
The last defoliation [the least aggressive one ]was last Tuesday

A couple of more regeneration days before the cutting could have been better but I think that it is ok also so.
I am just giving it a try. :razz2:Let's see if it works.

1665143751476.jpg
1665143775152.jpg
1665143798490.jpg
1665143824379.jpg
clone.jpg

Last edited:
I cannot see those links again. I will say that cloning gel is used to dunk the freshly cut clone in to help stop O2 from getting up the cutting and helps with root growth...like a gel band-aid.
I find a bucket of water that is room temp is the best to work in. As soon as you take the cutting from the plant submerge it and do the final cuts under water and dunk it up to just below the top leaves in the cloning gel. Keeping the clone underwater stops the cuts browning/healing as yours looks to have started to do and instead promotes roots to grow in the cut parts' place.
Your clone also looks a bit tall, only the top leaves should be exposed. The next lower set (blue arrow) should have been cut off while underwater along with the cutting end at the red line Also, scrape along the stem with your blade at right angles to the stem to rough it up to help promote rooting sites. It should then have been dunked in the gel and then planted in your cube/seedling mix.
I find a bucket of water that is room temp is the best to work in. As soon as you take the cutting from the plant submerge it and do the final cuts under water and dunk it up to just below the top leaves in the cloning gel
cutting (2).jpg

Last edited:
I cannot see those links again.

I don't know why, if I click on them they work. Anyway the first link is of the following product which seems to be well know by growers:

cloney.JPG

The other link was of a Japanese product which is actually also meant for rooting.

I will say that cloning gel is used to dunk the freshly cut clone in to help stop O2 from getting up the cutting and helps with root growth...like a gel band-aid.

It makes sense to me.
As I said, the product that I bought is a Japanese product which is actually also meant for rooting, but instead of being a gel, it is a liquid. :eyebrow:
I hope that it works nevertheless.

Your clone also looks a bit tall, only the top leaves should be exposed and the next lower set should have been dipped in the gel and then planted in your cube/seedling mix

I see. Thank you very much for your detailed explanation.

I thought the length of the branch is ok. I think, it is around 12 cm long. Shorter than what it is suggested here:

https://www.wikihow.com/Clone-Cannabis

Well, now it is anyhow too late. I don't think it is a good idea to shorten it now or give it a try with another branch.
Let's hope that it works nevertheless. :worship:
I will make sure to keep it wet. I will spray ph-ed water mixed with that product on the cube mix whenever it looks as if it could do with some.

Last edited:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back