Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Second Grow

There seems to be a new model but it's definitely not the one that we bought :ugh:
Pretty sure I said a newer version of the 69 has Wi-Fi. I did not need/want wi-fi so I saved a few bucks. There is also a wi-fi dongle that will be available for our Bluetooth version at some time...could be out now but I don't want it so you can check!

Pretty sure I said a newer version of the 69 has Wi-Fi. I did not need/want wi-fi so I saved a few bucks. There is also a wi-fi dongle that will be available for our Bluetooth version at some time...could be out now but I don't want it so you can check!

Yes, the newer version has Wi-Fi.
I wanted the one with the Wi-Fi but I mistakenly bought the one with bluetooth.
Well, it can't be helped.

A wi-fi dongle? I have just checked it but I do not seem to find it. I will check later again,

A wi-fi dongle? I have just checked it but I do not seem to find it. I will check later again,
I saw it in a video on Youtube that a dongle for wifi will be available at some time, but not on the site that I could see....maybe later?

After seeing @LesPlenty 's grow pic this morning, it reminded me that we haven't had an update on your grow @sballo . What happened to your girls?

The japanese authorites took them and @sballo is currently serving hard time... ???

I hope not though...

No, @Kellya86 , fortunately it is not the case!:chill:

Thanks guys for asking.
Yes, some time has passed since my last posting. In the meanwhile I have pruned the branches, removing all those little suckers that would anyhow not bring anything useful. I have increased the LTS trying to open up the branches as much as possible thus providing a nice even surface. They have been flowering nicely, I guess.

This time ill be impressed if it doesnt hermie and produce seeds.. theres your challege.

For the second time, you must be deeply impressed!:biggrin::partyhat::thumbsup:

I have started flushing them yesterday. I want to give the a good flushing before harvesting them.

Look at them :weed::love::aaaaa:

1669815755323.jpg
1669815755331.jpg
1669815755337.jpg
1669815755343.jpg
1669815775003.jpg
1669815775011.jpg

1669815775017.jpg

1669815809045.jpg

I will check the trichomes properly. I took only a couple of quick pictures with the macro-function of my smartphone but I will check them later with the microscope.
The trichomes seems to be in their milky-phase.

1669815809052.jpg
1669816030390.jpg
1669816030398.jpg

And, I am glad that my first clone is also doing well.:smile: I will move it into a bigger pot soon.
It has been topped, pruned and properly trained from the very beginning.

1669901260311.jpg

Last edited:
I ask myself whether I started flushing a bit too early. I want to give them a good flushing. I thought around two weeks flushing but it might even be that they'd like to keep ripening for one more week or so. The thing is that I am flying to Europe in the middle of this month. By that time I will definitely have to harvested both ladies, of course.
I thought I would have even the time for the drying process (around 10 days) before starting the curing process - where I could fly to Europe but I see that the plants are still not ready.
If I am to choose between
  • A . Early harvest but enough time for the drying process before putting the :weed: into jars
  • B. Give the plants more time to ripe properly at their highest but then no time for completing the drying process before putting the :weed:into jars

I will definitely choose B, wouldn't I?
Of course, I cannot put the :weed:into jars too early before letting it dry!

The climate in the Winter in Japan should be very good for :weed: to dry slowly.
They will have sort of a chilly cold winter with a good level of humidity. It is not too humid like in the Summer but definitely more humid than in Europe, which means that we can exclude the risk that the :weed: gets too dry when left hanging into a dark cupboard for a month.

Oh:chuck:,I have just realized that I have just made up my mind while writing it here. Yes, I will give the ladies more time to flower.

Last edited:
Your 11tT Pro has a 5MP macro sensor so the pictures may be pretty good, you will have to experiment and post some pics of those trichomes.

Some picture shot with my Xiaomi 11 T pro - which has a 5-MP telemacro lens.

1670398466503.jpg
1670398466510.jpg
1670398466519.jpg
1670398466526.jpg
1670398466534.jpg
1670398466540.jpg
1670398466549.jpg
1670398466557.jpg

It is still not powerful enough to check the stage of the tricomes properly, though it might be possible to take better pictures.
But I am still trying to find my feet with my carson microscope

Amazon product ASIN B0874LY8J6
which is still driving my crazy.

Nice pictures. I could not see any amber trichomes and there were still a few clear so another week will not hurt!

Yes, in fact off the top of my head I decided to let them flower for a bit..
Well, on the 15th I am flying to Europe. By that time the harvest definitely needs to be done :weed:

Last edited:
As soon as most trichomes turn from clear to white will be the highest THC concentration if you want to harvest then (you are pretty close to that now). Most wait until about 1/3 to 1/2 of the trichomes turn to amber as the flower would have filled out for more for a higher overall yield but it will be slightly less potent herb THC-wise but will gain more terps.

As soon as most trichomes turn from clear to white will be the highest THC concentration if you want to harvest then (you are pretty close to that now). Most wait until about 1/3 to 1/2 of the trichomes turn to amber as the flower would have filled out for more for a higher overall yield but it will be slightly less potent herb THC-wise but will gain more terps.
I love it :smile:!

Yes, some mean that when around 10% of the trichomes turn amber, it is the right time to harvest.
I think I would generally prefer to harvest a bit earlier than that.

One of the two plants started flowering - if I remember correctly - at least one week later than the other.
But she seems to be flowering well and also quite fast but I fear that she would prefer to flower still a bit longer than a week. Maybe I am wrong. Let's see how they develop in the next couples of days and how the trichomes appear.

Last edited:
I think I would generally prefer to harvest a bit earlier than that.
I have harvested both early and late just for testing and the results are a bit different for sure.

What was the outcome?
As you said, the longer flowering time added sleepy effects...CBN, not CBD I think.
When you only have one strain and heaps of it, experimenting is a necessity.

• early harvest= high concentration of THC
  • late harvest = more CBD more couch-lock effect
I think the strain determines the effects. I grow mostly energetic sativa landraces. Because or their exceptionally long flowering period, I've occasionally been caught having to harvest them earlier than I'd like in order to avoid a killing frost. The early harvests, with no amber tricombes resulted in a less energetic racy head high and more of a body couch lock effect. I haven't had to harvest Indica type strains early as their life cycle is shorter to flower.

I think you have to experiment with your particular variety to determine the effects and your preference of early or late flower harvests.

As you said, the longer flowering time added sleepy effects...CBN, not CBD I think.
When you only have one strain and heaps of it, experimenting is a necessity.
Oh, it is CBN and not CBD. I see.

I think the strain determines the effects. I grow mostly energetic sativa landraces. Because or their exceptionally long flowering period, I've occasionally been caught having to harvest them earlier than I'd like in order to avoid a killing frost. The early harvests, with no amber tricombes resulted in a less energetic racy head high and more of a body couch lock effect. I haven't had to harvest Indica type strains early as their life cycle is shorter to flower.

I think you have to experiment with your particular variety to determine the effects and your preference of early or late flower harvests.

I am still not experienced but I am more the Sativa type too.
Interesting to hear your personal experience that an early harvest of a sativa is similar to a relative late harvest of an indica - namely more the
sleepy effects

of a body couch lock effect

I thought that a late harvest - independently whether the strain is a sativa or indica - means more sleepy/couch lock effect

I thought that a late harvest - independently whether the strain is a sativa or indica - means more sleepy/couch lock effect
Most literature says so too. I have only grown Indica dominant hybrids for the last 20 odd years and this is what happens to mine.
OG Sativa landrace strains may well be different.

I've never actually had the benefit of harvesting a landrace late in the flowering process where most of the tricombes are amber. I've either harvested early or just as they are starting to turn. So, for me, early harvest of a sativa landrace produces more Indica effects. But again, I imagine different strains would produce different effects. It would be interesting to grow a landrace indoors and allow the flowers to fully ripen to see the effects. I live in a northern climate and my season just isn't long enough to produce a late harvest.

I didn't know that flushing can be so much work.
Contrary to my first grow,

this time I want to flush my ladies properly.
Until yesterday, I had flushed them with PHed water (around 6), which means that I had to prepare every time the water. You can imagine how cumbersome it is when you use for that 3 2-liter bottles. :BangHead:
Every time I prepared 6 bottles for each plant.
At last, I thought it is not necessary to always prepare the water and so on. I simply took the ladies under the shower and let liters of water flow through them:partyhat:
I thought that tap-water is ok. It should be around 7.
The ppm dropped at around 90 ppm first but then after reflushing them with phed water - I thought it would be good for her to have the last 6 liters properly phed - the ppm got higher; around 130. AS if the phed water has a higher ppm value. :thinker: Maybe one of the measurements was wrong.
Do you flush with phed water or just tap water?

marijuana-flowering-stage-453_1655373520.jpg

Anyway, how much would be ideal? I guess that 50ppm would be great but I wonder how one could reach that level when growing with soil.
By the way, I have read that some practice the ice-flush. :uhh:Has anyone of you ever used it?

The trichomes of one of the two tell me that she is ready to be harvest (some amber ones are there).
I might harvest the one tomorrow and the second one the day after tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back