Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Grow Seeds

Killick

It's funny, but Canada is 'legal', which brought a whole bunch of new restrictions along with it. Each residence can grow 4 plants (with silly restrictions brought in by various levels of paranoid regional governments, ultimately ignorable). Seeds and clones are to be purchased from Licensed Providers, who have no stock of either. If they did have stock the prices are several orders of magnitude above the cost of seeds available in grow supply stores, which are illegal but cost-effective. I've never purchased a seed, but have been gifted several pounds pounds of them. Some have unknown lineage: 'it's my special bush blend that thrives in the wild' had a brilliant purple bud and was easy to grow. No idea what it was originally tho.

A colleague had a bunch of small ziploc bags, so i put a few seeds (cbd strain) in a few dozen bags and started leaving bags of seeds around town in various places. Inside the coin return of a pay phone. Inside the 'leave your business card here ' jar at time hardware store. Stuck up on the 'current events' cork board at the restaurants.

When the right people find them they can grow their own, and maybe they'll remember how they got into growing, and maybe they'll be in a position to share. With the right attitudes there shouldn't be a shortage of meds, or at least no shortage of opportunity for those with a desire.

And, while it's nice to know strain and details, I'm reminded that back in the 70s when we purchased from the pool hall or by the 7-11, we had no clue what we were getting, and needed to clean seeds and stems before rolling up. At least this way everyone will know how their own plants are grown, and can get a sense of accomplishment from that.
Until cannabis is truly legal we can help ensure that people can grow their own. The rules will catch up to reality eventually, or not.

It's a bold step for @momofthegoons to open this forum in a time of grayness regarding rules, but it's getting more legal-y daily, and we're all tired of waiting for politicians to catch up.

My local postal inspector and I are on first name terms due to my shenanigans........real nice fella but rules is rules...........lolz.
Hemp based Culinary\dietary supplements are perfectly legal in all 50 states I believe?
In order to be proven cannabis and therefore illegal in some areas requires the feds to grow it and test it to prove it is in fact cannabis.......not happening.
USPS requires a warrant to open any suspect package whereas ups,FedEx and private shippers do not.......they can open and inspect any time they wish.
Be smart and play safe brothers and sisters

There are a number of int'l vendors that will make sure you get what you order.

So a neighbour wanted some hemp seeds. In North America the seeds are irradiated so they won't germinate, but in the EU they are seeds, ready to plant. Assuming one or two shipments would get jammed at the border he ordered 10 1/2 lb bags of seeds, and they all came through. Thats 10 lbs (4.4 kg-ish for you metriphiles). I have a lb, so am making a bunch of seed bombs; a mix of peat moss and water-soluble modeling clay, rolled up with some seeds, and tossed around the countryside. Hundreds and hundreds of them... With a mix of both hemp and high CBD canna strains... The long term goal is to line a few rural creeks with plants...

I guess I ordered a lil purse, well it sure arrived fast, in under two weeks. Thanks seedsman!

bN5Gwpf.jpg

Am I the only one to enlarge the photo to see what type of seeds they are? My eyes, my eyes.
Nice selection, @psychonaut . I'm growing some Northern Lights from seed myself. Never tried it.

Thanks! Ghost train haze #1 reg, skunk #1 original reg, northern lights reg, bruce banger fem, the church fem and cheese fem =) I am not familiar with GTH or the church, looking forward to the next run.

Certainly envious of you peeps who can buy seeds legally. Not in my home land ... yet! I only have experience with clones but got given a bag of buds as payment for a gig I did for a friend. And I'm finding the odd seed. Have 5 already so will be interesting to see how they grow.

Growing from seed won't fit into my current growing regime right now but hopefully in a few months I can throw a couple of beans in a pot and see what I got.

Man how'd I'll love to legally import seeds with strain stickers on the plastic bags.

Am I the only one to enlarge the photo to see what type of seeds they are? My eyes, my eyes.
Nice selection, @psychonaut . I'm growing some Northern Lights from seed myself. Never tried it.

I did and it hurt my eyes. Jeolous much!

Hopefully be all legal begal in my country in 18 months. Things are changing. Can't wait.

The males Will release pollen seeding any cannabis down wind for miles........kind of ruins it for any outdoor growers there abouts?

3,000,000,000 acres. I'm OK with it :)

Cannabis has more pollen than most any plants, like tons per acre. Hemp pollen can travel hundreds of miles making thc plants useless. In Italy they monitor hash production in Morocco by sampling the air for pollen. Pollen travels in air currents.

As a cannabis grower I'm firmly in the, not in my back yard camp. To counter the pollen you need a hepa filter on your intake air. A considerable expense, and major buzz kill.

Hemp and auto flowers two reasons I stopped taking in outside genetics for use in my shit.
I still pop ops (other people's seeds)but only to see what's happening.
I won't incorporate it which sucks cuz it makes getting to my goal that much harder.
I have no idea what my final goal is either so...........there's that also.
:smug:

Regarding feminized seeds, can anyone tell me whats going on there? What changes happen to the genetics compared to the regular seeds? I've always heard regular's are the way to go for the best product, but feminized are popular and even some breeders only sell feminized.

Regarding feminized seeds, can anyone tell me whats going on there? What changes happen to the genetics compared to the regular seeds? I've always heard regular's are the way to go for the best product, but feminized are popular and even some breeders only sell feminized.

Basically stress causes a female plant to self seed. Either chemically or environment usually. Some plants self seed if left long enough. (That's how Soma made fem seeds)

If a light stress caused selfing, I'd be wary. (Hermie possibly as well) But chemically derived fem seeds have a pretty good track record by now. At least the seeds from reputable seed makers.

Last edited:
femonized seeds make me sad.
:ugh:

I'm most a clone grower but occasionally I pop seeds. So far I've never used fems, but I've tried, but it was easier to get local regs.

But I have no problem with them. They have a good record now days. It was Rocky at first and still might be with shaky seed guys.

And there's also a phylosophy of breeding for effects regardless of a high % of hermies. (DJ Short) I've talked with him about it. I don't personally agree, but he sells a lot of seeds.

I grow in a scrog so I want stable genetics. And I'm am growing some lines derived from fem seeds. But I didn't personally pop them. But by now I trust them.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back