Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Vape Select brand pre-filled cartridges and pens

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Does anyone have any experience with this brand of pre-filled cartridge and pen? The pen/battery part is labeled "Golden Bliss."
oKv7Fgz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have any experience with this particular brand, but have used others that are similar. My latest were from Platinum Vape (a local outfit). How did you like these?

I think the pre-filled cartridges are a great portable, but don't like them for daily use. I prefer dabbing with a nail if I'm doing concentrates.

I don't have any experience with this particular brand, but have used others that are similar. My latest were from Platinum Vape (a local outfit). How did you like these?

I think the pre-filled cartridges are a great portable, but don't like them for daily use. I prefer dabbing with a nail if I'm doing concentrates.

The pre-filled cartridges are ok. They don't seem to last as long as I would like, though.

I did get another one this time, but I also got a couple pre-filled syringes. See if I like them better.

They don't seem to last as long as I would like, though.
Interesting. I wonder if it depends on what they are filled with (or if the concentrate is cut with anything to make it flow). I've been working on the cartridge I got for over a month now. And while I don't use it daily, it's seen quite a bit of use. It lasted longer than a 'loose' gram would have with me dabbing on a nail.

Interesting. I wonder if it depends on what they are filled with (or if the concentrate is cut with anything to make it flow). I've been working on the cartridge I got for over a month now. And while I don't use it daily, it's seen quite a bit of use. It lasted longer than a 'loose' gram would have with me dabbing on a nail.

I have been using the cartridges daily. That may be why they aren't lasting.

I'm needing stronger pain relief than flowers can provide alone because I'm giving up my RX meds to go with Holistic Medicine. My doctors had me on 2400mg of Neurontin/Gabapentin daily for pain! And, I was on 13 daily RX meds.

Substituting cannabis, of course, but also other things. Himalayan sea salt for my COPD. Wild Lettuce (Opium Lettuce) for pain, anxiety and sleep.

Pumpkin seed oil for my kidney and bladder issues. Etc.

The Holistic Medicine is working too! :)

I'm hoping the pre-filled syringes last longer.

Have tried Select Strains cartridges a while ago, the cartridge tasted like burnt oil for the last half of the cartridge and didn't give me any desired effects... which I thought was wierd. Ended up tossing it. They do have a line of "dabbables" that come in a syringe, But I don't really want to try this brand again.

I checked on the Platinum Vapes brand that I was using and it appears they cut their with coconut oil.

So now the question becomes.... is coconut oil safe to inhale?

And it would appear the answer is no; according to this article. It states that it can cause lipoid pneumonia.

Last edited:
Have tried Select Strains cartridges a while ago, the cartridge tasted like burnt oil for the last half of the cartridge and didn't give me any desired effects... which I thought was wierd. Ended up tossing it. They do have a line of "dabbables" that come in a syringe, But I don't really want to try this brand again.

You should actually try the dabbales syringes. I have a couple right now, and they are great in comparison to the cartridges.

I checked on the Platinum Vapes brand that I was using and it appears they cut their with coconut oil.

So now the question becomes.... is coconut oil safe to inhale?

And it would appear the answer is no; according to this article. It states that it can cause lipoid pneumonia.

Holy crap!! Now I wonder what Select cuts theirs with. As for the THC distillate, they don't cut that with anything, right? Maybe I am misunderstanding that process.

My doctors had me on 2400mg of Neurontin/Gabapentin daily for pain! And, I was on 13 daily RX meds.

Holy fuck...bit off topic but @Vicki, I hope you are withdrawing from the Gabapentin under a Dr supervision. It has some really nasty physical withdrawal effects if not tapered off carefully.

I'm going to WA state and then driving across the state to visit my sister in ID. Dragging a lot of vape stuff...especially to my sisters...ain't going to work so I was thinking of finding some cartridges I can screw onto my mod for my 10 days or so that I will be out there.

So, @momofthegoons , @Vicki and any others....they do work right? Its just to cover me at my sis's house. Should be good, yeah?

As to what they are cut with...yes, this is a VERY important topic and one that @herbivore21 has weighed in on a number of times. I'm only planning to use them for a short period of time, but in the future and for regular use, I believe I would look only for carts NOT cut with VG/PG/PEG or any thing else that didn't come from a cannabis plant. People are making thin 'sauce' type concentrates. Don't know if its thin enough for a cart but they should be able to do this, I think.

Holy fuck...bit off topic but @Vicki
As to what they are cut with...yes, this is a VERY important topic and one that @herbivore21 has weighed in on a number of times. I'm only planning to use them for a short period of time, but in the future and for regular use, I believe I would look only for carts NOT cut with VG/PG/PEG or any thing else that didn't come from a cannabis plant. People are making thin 'sauce' type concentrates. Don't know if its thin enough for a cart but they should be able to do this, I think.
This is important. Avoid anything with any 'ejuice' at all for reasons we've already discussed. Similarly, cooking oils like coconut oil are NOT FOR VAPORIZING and anyone mixing errl with this stuff for ecig tanks is negligent IMO.

Distillates that are well made, do not have residual solvents and have test results to confirm that they are nothing but cannabis resin distilled, are the only thing that one should use in these ecig style tanks. I would even shy away from oils that are diluted with terps, since I do not trust that all of the people messing with these formulations actually know anything about safety when it comes to high terp products - especially if they are not using cannabis derived terps.

@Baron23 the cartridges do work, and they do get you high. I just like syringes more, and here's why.

The last cartridge I had just stopped working after two days, and it was still more than 3/4 full. I had to scrap the oil out with a toothpick. I heard this has happened to other people too, several times. That makes me leary about getting the cartridges anymore.

In your case, being short term, it could be a good solution.

@herbivore21 What do you think of CO2 oils in syringes? I've also been using a THC distillate syringe, and it tastes very clean.

@herbivore21 What do you think of CO2 oils in syringes? I've also been using a THC distillate syringe, and it tastes very clean.
CO2 extracts can be good, but testing needs to be present, and sufficiently thorough, same goes for distillates.

I forgot to mention above that distillates are a challenging situation because often, they are made out of crude extracts from shitty starting material (easier to polish a turd using distillation than most other methods). I know a lot of distillates have come back with insanely high levels of pesticides. Some folks seem to think that distillation will clean contaminated material and for this reason, you need to always demand test results for microbials, pesticides etc. Also demand residual solvent testing, distillation is usually carried out on solvent extractions, not steam distillation of flowers (which is very inefficient according to friends of mine who do more advanced distillation than I do).

CO2 extractions can have residual co2 trapped in the oil, which can have an asphyxiant effect (not enough to cause major harm on an acute basis, but enough that I'd wanna avoid it on an ongoing, cumulative usage basis). Not all residual solvent tests look for co2. Make sure to look for these results with co2 extracts.

CO2 extracts can be good, but testing needs to be present, and sufficiently thorough, same goes for distillates.

I forgot to mention above that distillates are a challenging situation because often, they are made out of crude extracts from shitty starting material (easier to polish a turd using distillation than most other methods). I know a lot of distillates have come back with insanely high levels of pesticides. Some folks seem to think that distillation will clean contaminated material and for this reason, you need to always demand test results for microbials, pesticides etc. Also demand residual solvent testing, distillation is usually carried out on solvent extractions, not steam distillation of flowers (which is very inefficient according to friends of mine who do more advanced distillation than I do).

CO2 extractions can have residual co2 trapped in the oil, which can have an asphyxiant effect (not enough to cause major harm on an acute basis, but enough that I'd wanna avoid it on an ongoing, cumulative usage basis). Not all residual solvent tests look for co2. Make sure to look for these results with co2 extracts.

Thank you for the information!

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back