Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Rant Should I Be Pissed Off At Hopper Labs?

EveryDayAmnesiac

I guess I just wasn't made for these times.
Okay. So.

HopperLabs is doing bigtime upgrades on bigtime work on a bigtime vaporizer that is like, so, amazing. Got it.

I preordered (Yeah, I know.) the battery charger, SS case, and leather sleeve with a full understanding that it would probably not be ready when they claimed. Got that.

I floated this company exactly $140 plus shipping for the charger, adapter, case and sleeve. None of it has been shipped to me. NOT GOT THAT!

Now, during their "Crazy Eddie" sale, literally anyone can just waltz on in and order all this stuff I ordered MONTHS AGO for a 35% discounted price - a price that they won't let me have it at, not unless I demand a fucking total refund, and then reorder it.

I feel like HopperLabs is so jazzed on itself that it doesn't even consider what anyone thinks of it. From my persepective, they are perfectly happy to just keep jizzing all over themselves and completely ignore the reality around them.

I sent a message to HopperLabs about this, and I was told that, "unfortunately," a retroactive discount cannot be sent. But they would be "happy" to apply that discount to a future order. Oh, goodie gumdrops!

First of all, that is fucking bullshit, and is passing the buck ... onto themselves, at best. And second, as if they would fucking remember!!! And third, this company is so fucking desperate for money, they offer a 35% discount to literally ANYONE who is willing to order, but won't offer that discount to someone who preordered back in FUCKING OCTOBER.

YEAH, HOPPERLABS, TAKE ANY ORDERS YOU CAN, BUT DON'T LET EARLY PREORDERS OFF THE HOOK - MAKE SURE THEY PAY FULL PRICE!!!

In addition to the preorders, I have paid for two Gh's, plus a shit ton of accessories. But I guess the only thing that matters is the new orders? The recent orders? The fresh money?

And yeah. It's my fault. So take a fucking chill pill, reddit. I took a leap of faith and thought maybe they had learned a thing or two. They haven't. They haven't learned a goddamn thing. And I guess I haven't either.

But what the fuck? So, the person who was willing to preorder, and was willing to NOT demand a refund, is being told that, well, we'll make it up to you on a future order. Yeah, because, they have really proven themselves at keeping promises. And having a goddamn memory.

I love the product. I fucking hate the company. And in a niche market, a hated company with a superior product will be forgotten and then overtaken. You are not too cool for school, HopperLabs. You are lucky to be where you are. You would be wise to remember that.

I am at the point where I am so pissed off that I don't know what is rational anymore.

Am I right? Or am I just being an asshole here?

The Hopper Labs 'saga' has been going on forever it seems.... :shakehead:

The reputation of a company depends on it's product and customer service. In the case of this vape, it has been a rocky road for both of those things. On the vape side, the unit has been inconsistent. On the customer service side, it's been.... well putting it nicely it appears to be inconsistent as well. Promises have been made (and not kept) and it's been going on for years.

The thing is that the vape industry is a bit different than others and manufacturers will often depend on their customer base for feedback or funding. When there is a situation where customers helped with funding, and/or gave input on the product itself, to bring it to fruition I feel the company 'owes' a bit more to the customer base.

Unfortunately I've also seen that once these companies 'get on their feet' they tend to forget about the early adopters and those who helped them get started. I suppose that is to be expected to a certain extent. However when pre-orders have been taken and not fulfilled.... yet you are selling from stock at a discounted price? Not kosher.

So I guess while the tone of your post is a bit acerbic , my opinion is that you are not an asshole... and entitled to feel angry and let down. I would get that refund and reorder and get the discount if you truly want the vape after all this.

- a price that they won't let me have it at, not unless I demand a fucking total refund, and then reorder it.

I have never been a defender of Hopper the company for a number of outstanding reasons. But in this case, why don't you just get a refund and reorder?

Would that be difficult?

I have never been a defender of Hopper the company for a number of outstanding reasons. But in this case, why don't you just get a refund and reorder?

Would that be difficult?

I wanted to give HL the opportunity to do the right thing. A very simple right thing. But you're right. And that's what I'll have to do. And it's fucking ridiculous, IMO.

Knowing the OP I'm thinking it's a matter of principle at this point.... :smile:

:cool:

I wanted to give HL the opportunity to do the right thing. A very simple right thing. But you're right. And that's what I'll have to do. And it's fucking ridiculous, IMO.

:cool:

Thanks for posting this, a good lesson for all of us. I was tempted with the Zion a while back, but glad I never jumped on the send in money and wait bandwagon.

However sometimes, like for me last week, I ordered eye glasses that I had to pay in full without seeing them first. In that case at least using a credit card can protect you. The glasses were fine, but if I paid cash and the glasses sucked, then what?

Last edited:
It is a question of ethics & principal. Something HL have never been known for showing. Out here they would have been shut down by the Fair Trade ombudsman but there seems to be a lack of regulation when it comes to consumer rights in the US.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back