Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
  • Welcome to VaporAsylum! Please take a moment to read our RULES and introduce yourself here.
  • Need help navigating the forum? Find out how to use our features here.
  • Did you know we have lots of smilies for you to use?

Lunacy Should I wait and buy a 5G phone?

I like Chinese phones...no way will they share my info with Au or US gov :rofl:

Still haven’t bought a new phone. I see the 5G might screw with the jet airplane computer controls. Curious if folks in the beginning will need to turn their phones off. Isn’t next month when 5G comes in service? You would have thought this would have already been figured out. They’ve already sold a lot of 5G phones.

I don't know shit about phones :biggrin:,
Me neither but I know those iphone guys are good at making things easy for the user...even if they are a bunch of...not nice people!
No vape apps for Apple users unless you get a pimply-faced teen to side load it for you.

I took part of my day changing my Verizon phone service over to Comcast because of the money I will save per month. Needed a new phone desperately because my current phone is an iPhone 6s. I can’t download the software updates any longer. Can’t download certain apps either. I’m getting $400 off of an iPhone 12. I didn’t need the newest. 14 version. i have Comcast xfinity internet and TV anyways. Looks like a savings of $40 per month. It’s 5G as well.

it took a long time going through the process. It was like Verizon’s kept knocking the sales guy off the program allowing him to get into my acct. Like Verizon’s was making it as difficult as possible for me to change over. I will never get those 2 hrs back. I will receive my phone and Comcast will change my phone over. So back to Comcast in a day or 2. Sales guy gave me his card so I won’t have to wait an hour. I may try to get my cable bill lowered as well. A shitload of stations I don’t watch.

Looks like a savings of $40 per month.
It sounds like mobile phone plans in the US are not very cheap, I get unlimited calls, text, and MMS Australia-wide and 1GB of data for just under US$6.50 a month but I supply the handset and it is 4G.
You will be well impressed with your upgrade of phone @CarolKing it is amazing how they improve over a few short years...a lot less head-scratching too...newer stuff seems to just keep getting smarter.
Edit US$12 for my mobile per month...I have cloth eyes sometimes!

Last edited:
When I bought my new IPhone 12 through Comcast. I got a good deal and I like the phone. The phone service is $40 a month cheaper. I’m not as happy with the phone service at times. I will have to say Verizon has better service but I don’t know if it’s worth the extra cost. Maybe I will try to make a deal with Verizon when my times up with Comcast? I see that my Comcast cable has gone up! I figured they would pull that. It’s hard to get a break.

Sponsored by

VGoodiez 420EDC
Back